Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,761 members, 7,806,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov (17613 Views)

Niger Delta Volunteer Force Members Surrender Arms And Charms / "On My Way To Surrender My Arms To Okorocha In Owerri" - Man (Photos) / Ex-NSA Dasuki Refuses To Surrender, Say SSS Has No Arrest Warrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by realjoker(m): 3:18pm On Feb 14, 2016
Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants to Surrender Arms to Fed Gov

( Aidoghie Paulinus )

Following the intervention of the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr Ibe Kachikwu, over 1500 Niger Delta militants have expressed their desire to embrace amnesty and surrender arms to the federal government.

The commanders from Arepo, Ikorodu, Abule, Fatorla, Ibafo, Magboro, Epe, Itokin, Ilepete, Okenekene, Agric, Gbokoda camps, Camp 5 and environs, in a statement made available to Daily Sun, expressed their desire to surrender arms and embrace the amnesty program as long as the federal government is sincere in its intentions.

The groups hinged their decision on the peaceful approach of Kachikwu, even as they declared that all Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) facilities and its subsidiaries must work for the betterment of Nigeria and the economic efficiency in the face of dwindling oil prices.

The statement signed by General OC Babaeere and General America Tekeiminikpoba on behalf of other commanders, said:

“We write to express our desire to surrender our arms and embrace the amnesty program as long as the federal government is sincere.

“With the timely intervention of the Minister of State for Petroleum, Dr. Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, we the Commanders from Arepo Camp, Ikorodu Camp, Abule Camp, Fatorla Camp, Camp 5, Ibafo Camp, Magboro Camp, Epe Camp, Itokin Camp, Ilepete Camp, Okenekene Camp, Agric Camp, Gbokoda Camp and their environs, have made up our minds to accept amnesty because of the peaceful approach of the Minister of State for Petroleum.

“We also agree that all NNPC facilities and its subsidiaries must work for the betterment of Nigeria and the economic efficiency in the face of dwindling oil prices.

“However, our willingness to surrender should not be seen as an act of cowardice, rather, as an act of patriotism .

“Also, as we accept this amnesty, it is important to state that the first amnesty was not holistic and was characterized with fraud and fraudulent selections. We were not included in that amnesty program. Even as we tried all avenues to join the program, we were ignored completely,” the commanders said.

While wondering why the Kingsley Kuku-led administration of the Amnesty program had not been probed, the group drummed-up support for the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.
The statement further read:

“We are using this opportunity to call on all Nigerians to work with Mr. President to enable Nigeria move ahead.

“So, as we have agreed to come out, we state that we should be properly co-opted into the amnesty program. This is very important because we have skills and very vast knowledge and experience in the region. We have farmers, ship captains, ship engineers, divers, technicians, welders et cetera, and we have lived all our life in the region. Therefore, we understand every inch of the region.

“Suffice to say that we have integrity. We believe in the peaceful dialogue and peace initiative by the Minister of State for Petroleum, Dr. Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, and we will wait patiently for the response of the federal government so that we all can move Nigeria forward,” the statement read.
www.sunnewsonline.com/new/over-1500-niger-delta-militants-to-surrender-arms-to-fed-gov/
Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by DesChyko: 3:28pm On Feb 14, 2016
I thought before the elections, some fanatic followers were gloating that their 'master' will discard the amnesty agreements and crush the militants?

Wetin happen nau?

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by mercenary: 3:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
So Ikorodu, Ibafo and the others are now parts of the Niger Delta?... Hmmmm no wam!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by ckmayoca: 3:35pm On Feb 14, 2016
Because money is involve now, una don turn to good citizen and wants betterment of Nigeria abi. Make una dey Bobo us.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by doctokwus: 3:35pm On Feb 14, 2016
419ers looking for ways to be included in the amnesty fraud.
When did Magboro and Itokin become militant heavens.
Govt wud neither listen to this present set of jokers or relent from dealing militarily with anybody that sabotages any pipeline in the name of militancy.
Jokers!

6 Likes

Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by Sappyman(m): 3:37pm On Feb 14, 2016
E for RED for una before. You can't play with a General and get free. They have forgotten that PMB is not the clueless GEJ who has no idea about governance. PMB is ready to fight any region that fail to co-operate with his administration. If na lie make you ask Kanu, the suppose leader of the Birfra. So Militant dey fear like this. The fear of PMB is the beginning of wisdom.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by Tunami(m): 3:42pm On Feb 14, 2016
different militant groups surfaces everyday all in the name of national cake chop one chop two.

3 Likes

Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by OPCNAIRALAND: 4:00pm On Feb 14, 2016
These are Yoruba thugs making false claims and labeling their territories Niger Delta. The camps they mentioned are pipeline routes. They are saying in exchange for compensation they will stop vandalising infrastructure and terrorising security agents dispatched to protect the lines.

BIG NO!!

I want them to hold on to their arms and not surrender it. Nigeria is no longer a country you can depend of Federal Government for security, your security and that of your community must be through self-help and action.

However, it is criminal to vandalize pipelines, to attack security forces, unless in defense, or to demand ransom as exchange and buy out of criminal acts.

Government should play along and direct them.to bring the weapons and collect money. Soon as they show up round them up and put in jail.

No amnesty anywhere on Yoruba soil. No No No!!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by 2rez: 6:09pm On Feb 14, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by datola: 6:09pm On Feb 14, 2016
Another money making venture by our oyel (oil) money militants.
Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by ChristineC: 6:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
Hmmm since Yaradua's tenure?
Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by Daniel058(m): 6:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
I'm a MILITANT OO!! FELLOW NAIIRALANDERS AND GENERAL PUBLIC SHOULD TAKE NOT, TOMPOLO NA MY GUY, IN FACT ASARI DOKUBO LEARN WORK FROM ME, OH YEAH HOW MUCH ARE WE TALKING ABOUT HERE.. I DON OPEN ANOTHER ACCOUNT BE THAT... EHH! I'M DECLARING MYSELF OFFICALLY HERE BECAUSE I No SURE SAY I GO FIT GET TIME TO go THAT DAY, I GO GIVE MY MACHINE ((ARM)) TO ONE OF MY GUYS.. Please any other fellow MILITANT HERE, PM ME SO THAT I GO GIVE YOU MY ACCOUNT NUMBER TO SUBMIT THAT DAY, I WAN CHOP THIS AMNESTY ABI NA ALAWEEE DEM DEY CALL AM....

BIKO Alobam! ENWERE ONYE igbo NO E BE A GA_ENYEnwu m richaj kadi Otu nari naira na owu na asam... KA aguu egbukwala nwa Abakaliki OOOOO

4 Likes

Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by loomer: 6:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
I just dey laugh, I beg who go follow me go ckub tonight?
Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by Inspectahdeck(m): 6:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
Again? Where did they get the weapons?

1 Like

Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
It's a big lie o. Am @Warri and I've heard nothing like that. This op should stop telling lies

5 Likes

Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by Boss13: 6:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
Why would sun newspaper label these thugs as Niger delta militants? First, there are no militants again due to the amnesty program. Second, the location mentioned are not in Niger Delta.

If the government is listening to these folks, then crime pays in this country.

6 Likes

Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by kindnyce(m): 6:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
Well thats. A welcome development,..
BUT I KNOW SOME PEEPS FROM THE OTHER SIDE WONT BE HAPPY WITH THIS NEWS grin
Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by SmartMugu: 6:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
mercenary:
So Ikorodu, Ibafo and the others are now parts of the Niger Delta?... Hmmmm no wam!
I bow o. I wonder wetin concern Niger Delta with these places. Jobless people just want free money every month.
Anybody wey get kitchen knife sef go claim say him be militant, ready to surrender him knife for free money.

10 Likes

Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by surestsam(m): 6:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by Princeojua(m): 6:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
My militant sect in Ikom LGA is ready to surrender. My people want amnesty.

3 Likes

Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by olamonsor2: 6:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
H
Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by kirchofff(m): 6:13pm On Feb 14, 2016
Lie mohamed

4 Likes

Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 14, 2016
Really?
Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by ChristineC: 6:13pm On Feb 14, 2016
Sappyman:
E for RED for una before. You can't play with a General and get free. They have forgotten that PMB is not the clueless GEJ who has no idea about governance. PMB is ready to fight any region that fail to co-operate with his administration. If na lie make you ask Kanu, the suppose leader of the Birfra. So Militant dey fear like this. The fear of PMB is the beginning of wisdom.
The General ousted in 20 months grin grin grin
You just couldn't help it right?

5 Likes

Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by thefakestan: 6:13pm On Feb 14, 2016
Scammers,

ThefakeStan

2 Likes

Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by Scout60(m): 6:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
does who rely on naija military should know that they are afraid of war.
they are ready to negotiate for peace. they only get power seeing on unarmed citizens.

1 Like

Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by Leobrain(m): 6:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
A
Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by kennyman2000(m): 6:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
Hmmmmm.. I dont see Buhari giving amnesty to other areas that just came up all of a sudden in the name of national cake aside from Niger delta.

Check my signature for ur customised wristband
Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by sanandreas(m): 6:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
Lie jare
Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by peterstech: 6:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
Wat 2 say
Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by ajepako(f): 6:15pm On Feb 14, 2016
wait for.denial.by militants tomorrow

APC: LIE.....

grin grin cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Over 1500 Niger Delta Militants To Surrender Arms To Fed Gov by great664(m): 6:15pm On Feb 14, 2016
[ Arepo Camp, Ikorodu Camp, Abule Camp, Fatorla Camp, Camp 5, Ibafo Camp, Magboro Camp, Epe Camp, Itokin Camp, Ilepete Camp, Okenekene Camp, Agric Camp, Gbokoda [/quote]

Abeg when this West join Militant and when they become Niger Delta.

I think Militant Na federal job and since federal is recruiting more will apply, abeg where my CV knife make i surrender too to FG to get the Job Amnesty

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Marketers Move To End NNPCL Petrol Import Monopoly / 3050mw Mambila Hydro-Power Project At Gembu In Taraba Set To Take Off / Buhari Can Rule Nigeria From Anywhere In The World - Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.