Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,276 members, 7,807,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? (44758 Views)

Photos :A Village In China That Has Not Seen Any Mosquito For The Past 700 Years / Have you ever or seen any one who have won the biggest balloon? (check Photo) / ‘buhari Can Have My Certificate, I’ve Never Needed Mine’ – Cool Fm’s Freeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Abosi31(m): 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2016
Five things I’ve never seen as a Nigerian.
This is a list I have compiled using my over twenty-years experience on earth in Nigeria. It is possible anyone who has lived in the same geographical location would have the same experience.

5. A Female Obioma:
‘Obioma’ is a name given to people who carry small sewing machines around from house to house, street to street to mend clothes at your doorstep. My entire life, I have never seen a woman do this job. It seems to be restricted in some way, to only the men folk. If you have ever seen a female obioma, maybe it was in a nollywood movie- oh, or a dream.

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Abosi31(m): 8:59pm On Feb 14, 2016
4. An Albino’s Obituary Poster:
There is no need to explain what an albino is. The thing people need to explain is why no one has ever seen an obituary poster for an albino. Or have you ever seen one? A conspiratory theory might say that albinos don’t die. Hmm. Maybe they have a point.

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by decatalyst(m): 9:06pm On Feb 14, 2016
Waiting for the rest...

But your observation seem so true. undecided

14 Likes

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Abosi31(m): 9:06pm On Feb 14, 2016
3. A Yoruba movie without juju:
Yes o. This one is impossible. It’s like saying you want to cook egusi soup without using egusi; or you want to sleep without closing your eyes. A Yoruba movie without some voodoo in the plot has not existed yet. Babalawo ti take over!

2. 120 Hours of Electricity:
I grew up in Port Harcourt, folks and NEPA people showed us shege. It seemed that we only had light when an intern was being shown around the PHCN building that controls our light. Then the tour guide would pull down the lever, so there will be light, then he’ll say to the intern, “now that’s how to turn the light on, and this is how to turn it off.” With that, the light goes off again until another intern is being shown around, three weeks later. grin grin The ‘longest light’ I’ve seen in my life was during the last elections, when we had light for like 4 days straight. That was before the NEPA people finally came with N140k bill and we had to root our meter. Yes, you can root meters these days.

1. My Post on front page of NL:
This one pains me. When posts about Cossy’s boobs and the new jumpsuit Chidinma wears make FP, my own them will only end up in the second to last position of ‘trending’ posts. But today, this yoke will be broken. Can I hear an amen?
Culled from www.escapedmydiary.com

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by badaoyeyemi(f): 9:09pm On Feb 14, 2016
.Av seen a female obioma ooo in ma area but shes dead now....But d rest re so true

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by psucc(m): 9:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
Guy I think this post made my val.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Abosi31(m): 9:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
psucc:
Guy I think this post made my val.
Lol Thank you.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by domopps(m): 9:16pm On Feb 14, 2016
Lols....... but av seen some tho

1 av seen. An albino Obituary Posters when I used 2 stay Opp. St petter cementary Aremo Ibadan

2 And av also seen plenty Yoruba movies without voodoo

3. 120 hrs of interrupted light in Oluyole est Ibadan and in my area here in lag.

Proof in a bit ! Lalasticlala

Cheeeers

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Abosi31(m): 9:21pm On Feb 14, 2016
domopps:
Lols....... but av seen some tho

Proof in a bit

Cheeeers

he he. Goodluck findingg.

1 Like

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by eightsin(m): 9:28pm On Feb 14, 2016
4 n 5 make sense but the rest are just trash.

7 Likes

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
What
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by ThuggerBaby(m): 10:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
OP as an American, I haven't seen these either...
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by tooman: 10:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
eightsin:
4 n 5 make sense but the rest are just trash.

1 Like

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Akinz0126(m): 10:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
@Op you makes a lot of sense especially that yoruba films of a thing.Voodoo ke Yoruba no fit do film without voodoo ooooo to show aw wicked and cruel they are.one of the reason I havnt visit my homeland 4 ther past 10 years.

3 Likes

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
••••thinking••••

Atleast we've all finally seen number 1 cheesy grin cheesy grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 14, 2016
Female Obioma or Ejika ni shop?

Yoruba movie without juju: unforgivable.

120 hours electricity supply: Obada, Abeokuta.

4 Likes

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by goldiam(f): 10:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
I have never seen the reproductive organ of a mosquito yet they reproduce .

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by lailo: 10:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
Airin jina la rabuke okere

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Onpurpose: 10:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
#Since i was born and now i am getting old, i have never seen the Lord changing#

Nairalanders have you seen him...?

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
Your post is now on fp. Nairaland has shamed you grin

7 Likes

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by maleeks(m): 10:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
And now that you have made FP, congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by Markieee(m): 10:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
No mind them for that number 1,,, them dey do as them like here, upon say na our comments/mb dey give them their pay..
still yet they post rubbish for us here on FrontPage..
like this one Lol jk..
nice post bro..

BTW thunder fire the left nyash of the mode Wey block me..
If others talk about igbo tribe, then its cool but when we igbos talk about other tribes it becomes a taboo even to the extent of Making a rule here on nairaland.
God is watching you guys on 200HD..
God bless Igbo
God bless Anambra
Proudly Igbo..
Block me again and God go treat your case..
Lazy eediots

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by boboLIL(m): 10:13pm On Feb 14, 2016
I don see one albino poster... About 10years ago sef

We de get light,,, 3days straight atyms....

1 Like

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by STENON(f): 10:13pm On Feb 14, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by ladyF(f): 10:13pm On Feb 14, 2016
120 hours of uninterrupted is not possible with NEPA alone. The funniest thing about Yoruba movies is the translation at the bottom of the screen, you'll be seeing things like "yes he giving me the pregnant" lol....no offence

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by MzPecs(f): 10:13pm On Feb 14, 2016
I enjoy 120hrs of uninterrupted power supply in ilobu village, osun state! cool

4 Likes

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by truetalknow: 10:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
NONSENSE
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by tayo200(m): 10:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
korrect
Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by kirchofff(m): 10:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
Stale.......*sipping my black bullet*

1 Like

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by ozila(m): 10:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
and this make front-page.?

1 Like

Re: Five Things I’ve Never Seen As A Nigerian. Have You Seen Any? by centyboy: 10:15pm On Feb 14, 2016
vanity upon vanity... cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Only Daughter Dies In An Accident In Anambra, Friends Mourn (Photos) / Christmas Eve: 5 Bad Things That Will Happen Tonight / "I Need A Wife": A Keke Man's Advert In Asaba, Delta State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.