Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. (24261 Views)

Have You Ever Been In A Physical Fight Before? Share Your Experience! / Have You Ever Been Duped/scammed Before? Share Your Experience / Have You Been Scammed /duped?? Share Your Experience To Save Others. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Abatsam111(m): 6:53am On Feb 15, 2016
This is the season scammers deploy all their antics to make sure they smile to the bank which normally leave their victims with tales of woes. Have you ever fallen prey to them ?
Feel free to share your experience.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 15, 2016
F
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by DesChyko: 7:26am On Feb 15, 2016
Yes I have. Some years back

I had just #50 that day. Bought a Superglue for #20 to use in holding the sole of my palm slippers that was threatening to laugh all the way home as I trekked along. You wouldn't believe I pressed the glue until the metal became flat like my teenage chest, yet all I got for my effort was a slight breeze packaged in it.

Remembering that Obiamaka may be outside when I passed by with my grinning slippers, I bought another one. I shook it very well but it was hard separating the sound of liquid from the stupid needle banging on the small metal tube and the useless plastic wrap which is big enough to cost #20 sef.

I just applied the useless air on the palm anyway along with the drop of spit the manufacturers put in it. Upon I hammered the palm slippers with the aboki's padlock, the slippers let me understand that I have exhausted the #400 I spent to buy it. I had to remove the sole on one of the slipper and walk home like a person havng one leg shorter than the other.

Thank God she wasn't outside. I may have died.

117 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by ssoftappless(m): 7:28am On Feb 15, 2016
YOU cannot scam a warri guy, never!!!! to all warri guys, im shouting AREA!!!!!!!!!

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by ladyF(f): 7:37am On Feb 15, 2016
Some of us have scammers as friends sef. From borrow me N** when I get money I will give you back.

Voicemail tins cry

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by greatbrian(m): 7:48am On Feb 15, 2016
Mine was so hysterical it happened 2011. At Ado ekiti Ekiti state. Although I was nt directly involved coz when the scammers accounted us my spirit didn't agree doing d business they wanna do wt us. Buh my friend Kenny was so dupped while he was thinking of duping them. They collected my simbian sliding fone. Anew blackberry and a good cash sum I won't mention. When I went back to pick more money to gv them from home I saw they were gone and my friend was picking stone and dancing on the road. That was when I eye cleared and I knew we din enter one chance. Am still praying to see those guys so I can serve job for them.lolzz. but dem don mugun me sha

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Burger01(m): 5:06pm On Feb 15, 2016
I have been scammed real big, by no other person than JONATHAN! angry undecided

My experience? Okay.

During the campaign of ex presido Jonathan, he said he had no shoes, he said he would fight corruption (even fight corruption with technology, still he couldn't operate a computer undecided), he said many other scamming things and for these I voted for him. angry

On winning the election, I slaughtered ram for asun as celebration faaji. We drank, we 'merried', we danced alanta, danced makosa, danced Sasha. Okay, what did I get out of that?... Corruption of the highest order, corruption never experienced in my beloved country, corruption first class...no rival.

I got carried away by his 'I had no shoes' mantra. Damn! That was a fine scamming line. angry

But goodness God, there is always another time, another chance. The scammer got his yansh booted out shamelessly. He ran to Otuoke like a dog with his tail well embedded in his yansh undecided

That na my own true life scamming story undecided

Jonathan! Never again! angry undecided

65 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by initialize(m): 5:06pm On Feb 15, 2016
Yes,

A nairalander with the moniker Gloaded scammed me in 2010. i sent two laptops to him and refused to pay after receiving the items as we agreed before I sent the laptop to him.

I felt so bad cos he stole all I had then.

I'm more careful now and since then I have received money from several customers before sending out their order and they get what they pay for as..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by efilefun(m): 5:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
Met a dude on NL who taught me binary options and always calling to encourage me to try it out that the stuff was really nice, due to my busy schedule he offered to help me open and run the account, to test this dude I sent him 200$ to start with aiming to increase it to a few thousands after watching him for 2 to 3 months, and the dude disappeared after the payment, someone who calls me daily started ignoring my calls. After some days I decided to smoke him out and I went online to do a lil research and had my sis call him and set up a date, the f00l showed up but sensed danger immediately he noticed the babe was a total stranger, the weyrey run like madman Wey dem wan bath for

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Smellymouth: 5:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
undecided yes!!!!

I was scammed yesterday cry.. Cruzita promised visiting, I transferred money into her account and till this minute, her number has been on voice mail angry...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by kennyman2000(m): 5:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
Hahahahaha. This thread will be interesting. Will be full of so many olx experiences.

Barman, give me 2 orijin and a plate of peppersoup. Lemme sit back and laugh

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Neduzze5(m): 5:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
It wasn't funny at all oh. I wasn't scammed sha but I was almost scammed. This happened late last year, December to be precise. My girlfriend's elder sister called me and begged me to accompany her to the market so that she can buy a new phone since I know so much about phones. Well, as per in-law things, I decided to follow her to the market wink

That day, I and my girlfriend's elder sister set out in the company of my girlfriend and we left for the market. Those of you living in Aba will surely know of St. Michael's Shopping Plaza. We took a Keke from Ossisioma Junction and got to St. Michael's and I told my gf's elder sister from the onset that she shouldn't mind or stop for anybody calling her. We should go straight to Tecno House, buy the phone and go back home.

She agreed but after a while, we met one of her classmates from secondary school and they exchanged pleasantries and then she told him that she wanted to buy a new phone. Na so the guy direct am to one shop where they are doing promo. Buy one phone, get another free. She reasoned with me and I told her to forget it, since I was more enlightened about it. She insisted and I had no option than to go with her.

We got there, picked Infinix Hot Note Pro at 27k and we were given a receipt and a small Tecno phone as the free gift. With the way the guy selling the phone to us was behaving, I suspected that something was off. He then asked for the phone so that he can write down the imei no on the receipt. I told him sharply,
"Guy, the imei dey the pack. Write am down from there or you forget am. At least, I don give you money"

He insisted and then I gave in but I marked him so closely that there was no chance for him to do anything funny. After seeing that he couldnot succeed, he closed up the phone, and instead of giving it back to me, he gave it to my gf's sister and showed her one man to go and meet outside the shop to check it for us as he wouldn't accept it back if it develops any fault. Before then, I had already gone through the phone and as a Wizard in Phonicology, I knew it was good and the original so I told her that we should just go with the phone since it's a good product

As a lady and with fear, she insisted that we should meet the guy that they directed us to. I still gave in too and went to meet him. Before then, I had already started raising my voice small small, telling them that I was well aware of their antics. The man finished checking it and told my gf's sister that the phone was a Chinese version and that it won't last beyond that night and that we should go back to the shop so that they can give us the original. I put the phone on again to be sure and I cross checked. It was exactly the same thing as the phone I had bought for my mum a week ago.

I vex enh, come start to dey ginger the man say if he try any rubbish here, me go deal with am by myself, still carry am go army guard room. The guy that sold the phone then cam e from his shop and started telling my gf's sister to return the phone so that he can change it for her. I told her that she should forget and let's go with the phone. She then decided that she wants her money back. My fear was that they won't give us back the money that was why I insisted on going with the phone and I was ready to fight. Luckily, they gave us back the money and I cross checked it to be sure it was not counterfeit before we finally left there. My gf's sister still didn't even understand what they were trying to do.

Finally, we went straight to the Tecno House and we bought the phone there with 14 months warranty, whereas in that other shop, the guy claimed that there was no warranty for the phone.
That is how I saved my gf's elder sister from getting scammed.

Se finir

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Exclusiveng1: 5:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
NO
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by mascot87(m): 5:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
It shld b 8 yes ago. I wanted to buy phone @ computer village & I have 13k with me. As I was checking from one phone seller to another I hear one bro for my back saying "bros yeh, u wan buy phone?Come buy this music express phone na, very cheap & affordable with perfect functionality" Na so I carry my leg go meet d guy o.
I checked through d phone & it was working fine, I dialed some numbers & spoke with two to three people & it was awesome. I stylishly asked d guy what d fault of d phone is & he said no issues at all & that he needs money to buy another phone.
I priced d phone & he said 8k, I was like sho but as I sharp guy( I think I was ) I told him I can only pay 6.5k & at last he agreed. I remembered I have been scammed one time like that at oshodi where I bought a phone for 3.5k only for d guy to hand over a scrap to me & also called some guys to give me sweet slap to say d least so remembering that scenerio, I acted smartly this time(I think say I wise). I told d guy that I will hand over d cash to him after he hands over d phone to me on d bike & d bike will take off to avoid a recurrence of what I experienced at oshodi. He agreed & we called a random bike man.I climbed d bike, he gave me the phone & I gave him d money & zoom I instructed d bike man. After some distance, I looked back & I saw d guy smiling so I smiled back & also waved him with my 32 teeths widely opened.Immediately I got to d bus stop at Ikeja under bridge, I entered sango bus direct & I was happy I now have a gd phone for just 6.5k. All this while I did not check d phone I was holding not until I got to iyana ipaja where I feel it is safe to check d phone.
I press d end call button but no light showed up so I was thinking it must have been switched off by d guy. So as I pressed switched on button, I noticed one white object popping out & I was like what is this? I smelled it cos it stained my hand & I found out that it is fufu. I opened d phone & saw how fufu was packaged as phone for me. The man for my side just dey look me dey laugh. I no fit talk self, I just jejely put am for my pocket dey go house. Na so them take sell fufu for me for 6.5k grin grin

160 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by lekjons(m): 5:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
Chai, reminds me of the most expensive phone casing in history..

Back in 2014, I swapped my bbtouch 1 + 4000 for Tecno M7 casing.. grin grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
Define scam?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by ngmgeek(m): 5:08pm On Feb 15, 2016
Scammers are evil people and I am a child of God.
Scammers don't scam God's children cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by canalily(m): 5:08pm On Feb 15, 2016
Yes o o shocked by Buhari ! He promise me #5000 every month, yet nothing till nowangry

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by MISSNORA(f): 5:09pm On Feb 15, 2016
Ok....#1...One Nigeria Innovation Summit....Hmmm dey ll make u write an essay.Then announce u r among the participants at ICC Abuja...but u ll av to pay 10,500 for registration fee....and the end...itz all scam.They even got a website to make them appear authentic.
#2...Data Resellers
#3...One man claimed he sent me some items via British Cargo airways.Then next thing,a dude with well polished english called dah I av consignments with them buh I ll av to pay some amount for WayBill.....Pay it and u r gone!
#4....Pls anywhere u see Job recruitment/Replacement form is out advert,run for ur life.
#5 Buhari and APC...this scam,I just lack words to explain it....u knw better than I do.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by eph12(m): 5:09pm On Feb 15, 2016
Chai! I can't forget that horrible day. I was left looking like an slowpoke.
In my final year in UNN that was how i wanted to go withdraw some money from GTB in Enugu. Came across a guy asking people to come and win phones. Saw people gathering there making enquiries and that was how i stopped to do same. I decided to try with hundred naira. I chose the wrong card and i thought this is too easy so i should be able to win my money back and some more. That was how i lost #12000 that day. I was just dumbfounded. Am sure i would have lost more than that if i had more on me. They took everything and left #100 which i used to enter bus to the bank before i could withdraw to go back to Nsukka. Like as if i had been cursed by the gods, the indomie i bought when i got back so i could cook and eat pour on the floor as i was carrying it into my room.
Even the gods were angry at my foolishness. But am sure i was "jazzed". angry cry

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by dedons: 5:09pm On Feb 15, 2016
Yes!

I was scammed by Buhari and APC.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Roon9(m): 5:09pm On Feb 15, 2016
Yes by a girl!
So I met dis girl on Facebook. We got talking n became close. I particularly liked her because she appeared smart n very down to earth. This one time she called me that her sista was sick n her dad travelled bla bla...... doctor said 50k but they have only been able to raise 30k. I believed her because I trusted her n promised to send part payment d very next day but I grew suspicious when she started acting too nicely dat evening when we got chatting.
The next day I went to the said hospital n stylishly enquired if they have any admitted patient that fits her sisters description, one look at d sisters pic the nurse on duty confirmed my suspicion after which I called her that I was coming to the hospital to see n give her the money. This girl tried to dissuade me but I didn't bulge n told her I was almost there then the line went dead.
As I envisaged, 20 mins later I saw her n the said sister rushing into the hospital.....Lols u no d rest

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by ChappyChase: 5:10pm On Feb 15, 2016
Oh op I have been scammed Twice! The experience is best forgotten!! Too ashamed to share!

11 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by macino1(m): 5:10pm On Feb 15, 2016
Sure by a cooperate beggar.
A good looking, well dressed man entered my office one morning with tears in his eyes. Narrating how his wife died way back in a francophone country. A decision that forced him back to Nigeria jobless. And that he needed money to provide food for the children as he is the only hope of their surviver. While he keep searching for a job as a graduate of french. So, to verify that as a linguist I switched the language to French. Yeah, he communicated well in french. That was how something left my pocket out of pity and Christ's sake for the hungry children. On seeing the notes, he wept even more.

Fast forward to some weeks later, he came again to my office. but this time on a very cheerful note. Happily he told me one of his numerous interviews have finally paid off (an oil company have offered him a job). On hearing that my spirit was lifted for joy. He continued by asking me for transport and that other arrangements have been made. So, joyfully I gave him the amount he requested for.

Funny enough, less than a week later. I sighted him coming out of another office with the same usual way of appearance, when of course he was suppose to have traveled for training according to what he earlier told me. And that was how i kept seeing him in different places.

In conclusion: I have come to realise that any kindness shown for the Love of God is never waited. So, this won't discourage me from been kind to those in need for Christ's sake.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by francababy(f): 5:10pm On Feb 15, 2016
ssoftappless:
YOU cannot scam a warri guy, never!!!! to all warri guys, im shouting AREA!!!!!!!!!
Not possible to scam a warri guy? lol. This proud belief is what makes scamming many warri guys possible. If u scam one warri guy, out of pride he shuts up. U will scam his friend, then his cousin, then his neighbour and so on. None of them wants to be mocked so they will keep quiet without alerting others while the scammer goes about exploiting them.

115 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by ChappyChase: 5:10pm On Feb 15, 2016
canalily:
Yes o o shocked by Buhari ! He promise me #5000 every month, yet nothing till nowangry
Epic!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by uchman46(m): 5:10pm On Feb 15, 2016
Nahhhh
Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by kazzonline: 5:11pm On Feb 15, 2016
Yes oop,by one bastard @jimiagric on nairaland,den i wss a newbie on nairaland,wanted to swap my torch 3 for a bold 5,he approached me dat he had a white bold 5 and he is in abk,dat i wud add 13k to my torch 3,which i must send first,he made me bliv he was a chruch choirmaster,na so my mumu sef went to send 13k to his acc oo,he told me he wud send it tru a bus driver,after i sent the money,na so d bastard miss till date,but u still hav him in mind,I hav his full details jes waitn for yhe right time to strike

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by bankyblue(m): 5:11pm On Feb 15, 2016
I was scam by this man in the picture below.............pls am still trying to get in torch with him, incase anybody comes accrros him.

On this faithful day, solomon eleghe came to my office to see his friend, he introduce an job offer (FAAN) to her, and side within 6hours she should try and get the sum of 150k for the guy who will process it.
My colleague could not raise the cash, and she turned to me, and ask if i was interested?
i said YES, BUT I ASKED WHY 150K?(because THE MONEY WAS SMALL) solomon replied and said the man is a dirctor in presidency, that he didnt really need our money, but is a form of saying thank you.

At this point i tried assesing him......he his driving a toyota jeep, vrey clean man, and talks like someone that as the fear of GOD.
My colleague told me they ve been friend for so many years, so i felt like am in aself hand.

to cut everything short........solomon ran aways with my money, till now am still looking for him. he threw away the fifteen years friendship because of 150k.
i traced him to his chuch in CHRIST EMBASSY @ kubwa, only to find out that he had also defraud the unit head of his home cell the sum of 700,000k.

At this juncture i knew i can never get my money back.
pic below

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by dedons: 5:11pm On Feb 15, 2016
dedons:
Yes!

I was scammed by Buhari and APC.
APC is a party of SCAM and professional SCAMMERS.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by olaolulazio(m): 5:11pm On Feb 15, 2016
No one can scam a real scammer.

#omoeko

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Scammed Before??? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 15, 2016
I have been scammed oooo.scammed by a close family friend.I wanted to travel out of this land and all the money I ever made b4 I was 23 was close to 500k nd mum helped me wit 200k all was 700k,since I was a novice now,I trusted this guy newman agbonlahor can never forget that name till I die,wit all d money thinking that in 30 days I would b in moskow.chie tis guy run.wey no even see him shadow arrest talkless of humanbeing.I cry,I depress,I lost focused,I drank to stupor,F ashawo,didt go to church sef lol,like say na God do me.but bless God for my mama,she picked me up,loved me,prayed for me,give me small small pocket money 2 years after am still alive and stronger and finer sef.

34 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Esther Ojo: 2-Year-Old Girl Missing At Mountain Of Fire Church Service / Ex-Convict In Security Outfits Caught With 5 Stolen Motorcycles (Pictures) / Mopol Attached To Lagos Hotel Kills An Innocent Man (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.