Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) (40797 Views)

500L Covenant University Student Dies In School (Photo) / Little Lagos Boy Who Swore He Wants To Be A Yahoo Boy Starts School (photo) / Can You Send Your Child To This School ? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by Flirtyjane(f): 9:26am On Feb 15, 2016
MY SCOOTER MAKES LIFE EASIER FOR ME- ZAINAB SALIHU (Zee Scooter).

Zaynab Salihu is one of the exceptionally courageous ladies from the North. She told Pen Press correspondent, Abdulrazaq Ahmad why she dares to ride a scooter in school, despite the conservative nature being attributed to Hausa girls.

Pen : Can you please introduce yourself ma?

Zainab: my name is Zainab Salihu, A 400 level law student, from the noble faculty of law of this great university (UDUS). I hail from Ngaski Local government area of kebbi state.

Pen: what inspired you to buying a scooter?

Zainab: I have many inspirations. First of all, I love riding bikes, actually I bike within short distance, like my people are not so bold in so many things. There was a day I asked my mum how she feels about me ridding a scooter, she responded that she likes it and I was encouraged. Another reason is that the hostel to my faculty is far, my scooter makes life easier for me.

Pen: How do you feel riding scooter in a society where ladies don't ride it?

Zainab: I feel happy because I love my scooter like my own baby, this is what I want and I got it. I feel am opening door for my fellow ladies, most of them can't do it. People ask me questions like "where are you from? Are from the north?" of course am from the North. Kebbi state specifically.

Pen: People in this society believe things like this are better handled by men, what's your response to that?

Zainab: I have actually come to prove that what a man can do, a woman can do it better. And you know what? I feel unique because. It's been a year that I bought it and am still the only lady riding it in this school.

Pen: What is your advice to people out there?

Zainab: My advice to them is to that they should not listen to what people say, if you keep listening to negative words, you will never move forward, let the sky be your limit. Just do what you want and what you think is really good for you. I am really happy right now. What people say is irrelevant.
BY AHMAD ABDULRAZAQ
FOR PEN

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=843788095730237&id=524521464323570

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by Kenzico(m): 9:28am On Feb 15, 2016
Wow!! Ok
FTC again LOl

3 Likes

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by RoyalBlak007: 9:31am On Feb 15, 2016
I love independent ladies......i'll say that again and again

73 Likes

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by Gossiplover: 9:37am On Feb 15, 2016
Her future is bright.

35 Likes

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by Topestbilly(m): 9:41am On Feb 15, 2016
Nice... I will buy dis for speechless3 or naughtynaughty.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 15, 2016
Topestbilly:
Nice... I will buy dis for speechless3 or naughtynaughty.
undecided undecided lol I want oooo criosly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by Topestbilly(m): 9:56am On Feb 15, 2016
naughtynaughty:
undecided undecided lol I want oooo criosly

I will get u one.

You can sabi hide you face sha, na only dis Kim shape we always they see. angry
Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by Gossiplover: 10:07am On Feb 15, 2016
Topestbilly:

I will get u one.

lol

Cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by KingTom(m): 10:16am On Feb 15, 2016
Women have been riding scooters in Okigwe and other places for years now. This is no news undecided

40 Likes

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by tunnyl(m): 10:26am On Feb 15, 2016
I served in the north, and scooter doesn't necessarily mean lack of money or low class. Even rich women with jeep have one and some of them prefer it.

7 Likes

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by titi4fola(f): 10:33am On Feb 15, 2016
Okay nah!
Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 15, 2016
Topestbilly:

I will get u one.

dats d koko nah cheesy
Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by iykekelvins(m): 11:16am On Feb 15, 2016
I love such kinda girls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by maryam6(f): 11:26am On Feb 15, 2016
Yea, ride on dear
Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 15, 2016
YOLO
Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by januzaj(m): 11:38am On Feb 15, 2016
so?
These pics are meant for you @mod that always pushes senseless topics to front-page.
You always ban me because of these pics...oya do the needful
Don't ban me for two weeks this time...ban me for two months... mtchhhhewwwwww

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by hakeem4(m): 11:40am On Feb 15, 2016
Scooter is cool
Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by costandi(m): 11:42am On Feb 15, 2016
Gd

1 Like

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 15, 2016
And we should do what exactly?

6 Likes

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by Demmzy15(m): 11:42am On Feb 15, 2016
Lovely and beautiful, I'll like to take her as a wife undecided

4 Likes

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by ChappyChase: 11:43am On Feb 15, 2016
And that's what I call swag at its peak!!
Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by oppybouy(m): 11:43am On Feb 15, 2016
And some people would say 'Her future is very bright'
Abeg guys, what's the correlation btw riding a scooter and having a bright future?

6 Likes

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by PeinDanzo(m): 11:43am On Feb 15, 2016
Buhari brought this disgrace

2 Likes

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by kceewhyte(m): 11:43am On Feb 15, 2016
So somebody should give her an an award?

5 Likes

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by ayobase(m): 11:44am On Feb 15, 2016
I likey.

But I still don't think it is enough reason though.

Northern women are used to and love riding motorcycle - the lady-like model.

4 Likes

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:44am On Feb 15, 2016
Sweet girl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by Nobody: 11:44am On Feb 15, 2016
Who cares, my dear mama rides Bayaj to Afor Igwe market everyday though she drives her Carina once in a while but said she preferred her boxer to car because of traffic.

2 Likes

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by draggie(f): 11:44am On Feb 15, 2016
@Op it's UDUS not UDFU pls correct it.

1 Like

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by bdemix(m): 11:44am On Feb 15, 2016
Ehn en, I always Trek to school everyday

2 Likes

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by BLWeb: 11:44am On Feb 15, 2016
Anything special here?

1 Like

Re: Zainab Of UDFU-Sokoto Rides A Scooter-Bike To School (photo) by darkenkach(m): 11:45am On Feb 15, 2016
Is this news? Come to the university Of Nigeria nsukka we have ladies who ride there bikes to school everyday. By the way, why is she not on white and black?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Students Protest Against Closure Of Tertiary Institutions / Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet / "Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.