Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! (31368 Views)

Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World / What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? / Extreme Military Engineering: Fascinating Facts About Aircraft Carriers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by ddaammyy(f): 1:12pm On Feb 16, 2016
Unbelievable!!! shocked
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by Flokiiiiii(m): 1:21pm On Feb 16, 2016
Nice one
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by OneManLegion(m): 1:30pm On Feb 16, 2016
Psylas:
I love science

The bible doesn't claim that the earth is flat or the earth is 6,000 years old; the creation story claims that life started 6000 years ago(which I find ridiculous).
But no, Christianity never mentioned or suggested either the shape nor form of the planet.
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by jbkomo(m): 1:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
T
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by Liljeez(m): 1:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by labbyboi(m): 1:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
Nice science piece. My doubt is whether my people here would manage to read it all. I didn't read it all too. cry
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by Liljeez(m): 1:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
Jesus...johnydon22...can u bliv..we actually made it to frontpage.At least lalasticlala did some good deeds on his bday

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by VocalWalls: 1:49pm On Feb 16, 2016
johnydon22:
Yes she is one of the most popular celestial objects in the sky, graces our night sky like a patch of glowing ball.

Lunar is the name of the Earth's only natural satellite called a Moon.

She is so important to us that we have a day specially named after it. Monday (Moon day).

She is deified as a Goddess to many cultures, one of the determining clock hands of our time measurement and a very fascinating celestial neighbour she is to us.

All of us have seen the moon, in fact we have spent countless nights mopping at it and imagining what actually that is, it has been a subject of our imaginations and lores as children.

Now let us quickly run through several facts about our dear Lunar to get to know her more

are you thesame person as explorer?
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by johnydon22(m): 1:57pm On Feb 16, 2016
VocalWalls:

No sir. . Explorer is a different person, i deal specifically on Science topics

1 Like

Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by johnydon22(m): 1:58pm On Feb 16, 2016
Liljeez:
Jesus...johnydon22...can u bliv..we actually made it to frontpage.At least lalasticlala did some good deeds on his bday
People needs to be informed

1 Like

Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by Liljeez(m): 2:07pm On Feb 16, 2016
johnydon22:
VocalWalls:

i rili dont understand pple attribute any educational post to explorers...yea d guy is good but dere are odas also doing great jobs around here
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by mrphysics(m): 2:10pm On Feb 16, 2016
Nice work Jonnydon. As we keep exploring our universe, we discover there are a whole lot of things worth studying. Physics indeed has proved itself as the Prophet of all discoveries.

very soon I will come up with a new thread.

Once again jonnydon I have learnt something new.
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by debsdan92(m): 2:10pm On Feb 16, 2016
Cool one bro,keep it up,pretty much educative
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by 9jatatafo(m): 2:26pm On Feb 16, 2016
Love this thread. Big up to the OP! Though fact one got me thinking, the other mine are the bomb
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by christconscious: 2:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
Waoh!!! Nice one indeed.this kind of educative piece should be encouraged rather than posting one naked celeb at front page
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by Kolency(m): 2:42pm On Feb 16, 2016
@ op, thanks!
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by PeinDanzo(m): 2:47pm On Feb 16, 2016
Nice one ..let's throw buhari to the moon
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by emeths: 3:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
Nice one!
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by harbeedaymee(f): 3:46pm On Feb 16, 2016
Ise Olorun awamaridi ni! shocked shocked
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by nnamdiosu(m): 3:53pm On Feb 16, 2016
it's hard to believe that such an excellnt mind, brillant, open minded and observant can look at the wonders above, then CLOSE HIS MIND THAT AFTER ALL THIS WONDERS...THERE IS STILL ISN'T ANY GOD. bro u really need to let the pain go......and embrace God. he still has a good plan for you, despite all you said about him. well done bro

2 Likes

Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by gretblue: 3:53pm On Feb 16, 2016
I see the Moon,and the Moon sees me.God bless the moon,God bless me.
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by johnydon22(m): 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2016
nnamdiosu:
it's hard to believe that such an excellnt mind, brillant, open minded and observant can look at the wonders above, then CLOSE HIS MIND THAT AFTER ALL THIS WONDERS...THERE IS STILL ISN'T ANY GOD.
I really have no idea why you would bring your beliefs into this because your belief in any kind of God is just a belief and nothing more than that.

I am not closed minded in disbelieving the notion of deities, no i am open-minded and honest enough with myself not to delude myself with assumptions. You may dim it ok for you to fill in the gap left by the machanisms of working machansims of nature with an assumptive answer as "A god did it"

Please not everyone has the mind to exercise such dishonest thing as blind faith in unsubstantiated assumptions.

bro u really need to let the pain go
what pain Please if you go about making assumptions over people don't pull that on me.

......and embrace God.
If there is any, it wouldn't be punny enough to be looking for belief and worship secondly there wouldn't be any need for belief in the face of evidence.

he still has a good plan for you, despite all you said about him. well done bro
It is quite a sad life many live that they cannot determine the direction of their own life without relying in the delusion of some abstract concept doing that for them, its a pity and you have my pity over that.

You will need to remind me which one is your God exactly cus i have discussed many God(s) before.

I'd appreciate if you don't incorporate some half baked primitive belief when we are discussing about science at least you are free to do that but stop pulling it out in reference to me.

You can go ahead and assume up a super horse created the universe that remains your own cup of tea and a subject of your own delusion not mine..
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by menesheh(m): 4:26pm On Feb 16, 2016
johnydon22:
[b]10. Visitation

Many planetary bodies in the solar system has man made probes orbiting them and taking readings sending back to us a wealth of data for study.

Mars and the Moon are the only of these bodies that has man made probing rovers inside on their surface while the moon holds the record for the only celestial body to have ever seen another human.

Out of all the planets, moons, asteroids and dwarf-planets man has only being able to to make a trip to the moon which is just a three days ride with the amount of technology at our disposal.

There have been 6 manned missions to the moon (The Apollo missions) and another manned mission due for 2023.

This time it won't be for few hours but long days of study on the surface of the moon by astronauts.

Its no doubt that the future may see a wild range of space exploration starting from our solar system, manned missions to Mars by 2030's the moon is the closest of this frontier and so hopefully will get more visit than any of the planetary bodies around.

The Apollo missions showed us there is no limit to what man can achieve as man has left an enduring footprint on the surface of the moon as a mark of his tremendous achievement.

[img]http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/side_image/public/apollo1_0.jpg?itok=yTwIiEJj[/img]

Hopefully Mars gets to feel the mark of a live human on it's surface soon enough and in no distant future technologies that can take us beyond our solar system to explore planets in other star systems will be available.

With all the knowledge we gain from our study of the heavens, it should humble us and give us a sense of belonging and give us the insight to look at our own earth as a jewel that deserves to be preserved because mankind must put an end to senseless exploitation and violence or we will end up killing the earth and killing the earth is our own end.

Look to the stars and heavens but cherish the earth...
[/b]

Awesome bruh. Pretty much precise for our celebrity and tonto dike cognitive brain endowment.
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by menesheh(m): 4:32pm On Feb 16, 2016
gretblue:
I see the Moon,and the Moon sees me.God bless the moon,God bless me.

Seems i didn't see any mention of a/the god in the whole article or is it a loophole to escape from contemplating and engaging such mind boggling knowledge.
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 16, 2016
Liljeez:
I think we shoud stop bashing the mods. Yes the vast majority of FP topics are celebrities and gossip oriented. Still, They are gradually trying to get some relevant scientific topics to the FP. Bashing them relentlessly won't help our cause, but rather may upset them. The ball is now in our court to create more and more instructive topics, written and elaborated in a way that appeals to the common individual, not just those accustomed to the scientific jargon/lexicon.

And that's what Johnydon22 is trying to do. We should join in and team up with the mods to promote science in nairaland and Africa.

Greetings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by godunia(m): 5:30pm On Feb 16, 2016
pls the fact NO 1 which is meant to support evolution(science) theory does not blend with the rest.how could any right thinking person after reading the remaining facts still believe that the moon was a product of chance?.The precision and the uniqueness could only attest to the fact that a wise and powerful creator is behind it.In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth and that also included the moon and everything in in heavens and on earth.Thank You Jehovah

1 Like

Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by VocalWalls: 5:41pm On Feb 16, 2016
johnydon22:

Okay. Thanks for clarifying. Good job.
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by VocalWalls: 5:42pm On Feb 16, 2016
Liljeez:

i rili dont understand pple attribute any educational post to explorers...yea d guy is good but dere are odas also doing great jobs around here

I thought it was the same person. However, I've acknowledged John's good work.
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by antispexish(m): 6:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
BrightEye:
whenever I read this guy's posts , I do have the sense of humility. I see myself very tiny, compare to many huge things in the universe.

you think we are tiny? Go read about the "pillars of creation" and u'll see that that tiny is too big a word to use for our size

Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by PRODUTIM1(m): 6:45pm On Feb 16, 2016
Another God's wonder called MOON

1 Like

Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by johnydon22(m): 7:22pm On Feb 16, 2016
godunia:
pls the fact NO 1 which is meant to support evolution(science) theory does not blend with the rest.how could any right thinking person after reading the remaining facts still believe that the moon was a product of chance?.The precision and the uniqueness could only attest to the fact that a wise and powerful creator is behind it.In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth and that also included the moon and everything in in heavens and on earth.Thank You Jehovah
It doesn't blend with facts or that it doesn't blend with your own personal or religious beliefs.

Last i checked scientific enquiry and probing has deducted also planetary formations, star formations and what have you actions of chaotic reactions of interacting values.

No matter how hard you look there is never a scientific book that proposes any kind of deity creator causing anything if you expect to see that then i suggest you check religious books because such superstition is never part of scientific ball play
Re: 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! by Rhaspody(m): 7:29pm On Feb 16, 2016
that awkward moment when I already know all of this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My BTC, ETH & USDT Rate Update. SME Data also available all / Black 555.55-carat Formed 2 Billion Years Ago Sells For $4.28 Million At Auction / Ekiti JSS3 Student Builds Rechargeable Lantern With Speakers, For Charging Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.