Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,095 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? (18370 Views)

Did Jesus Christ Really Say We Shouldnt Judge Other People? / Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? / A Brand New Body At The Blast Of A Trumpet - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:30pm On Feb 15, 2016
Did Joseph Prince really say this? If he did then he is an heretic.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 15, 2016
I don't hate him. In fact, he's a good preacher. But listening to his summons If you have never bothered to open up the bible for yourself can lead to misinformation.

He has a habit of throwing around scripturally baseless positions amongst his scriptural ones.

4 Likes

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Scholar8200(m): 5:09pm On Feb 15, 2016
Muafrika2:
I don't hate him. In fact, he's a good preacher. But listening to his summons If you have never bothered to open up the bible for yourself can lead to misinformation.

He has a habit of throwing around scripturally baseless positions amongst his scriptural ones.

In an age with poor reading culture, could this be dismissed with a wave of hand?

This is what John called the spirit of the antichrist!

While the false Christ is merely a pretender to the Messianic office, the Antichrist "assails Christ by proposing to do or to preserve what he did, while denying Him." Antichrist, then, is one who opposes Christ in the guise of Christ.
Vincent Bible Studies

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 15, 2016
Scholar8200:

In an age with poor reading culture, could this be dismissed with a wave of hand?

This is what John called the spirit of the antichrist!

While the false Christ is merely a pretender to the Messianic office, the Antichrist "assails Christ by proposing to do or to preserve what he did, while denying Him." Antichrist, then, is one who opposes Christ in the guise of Christ.
Vincent Bible Studies
Its very serious. Not every other person can just wake up and literally captivate and entice an entire world in the time and space that this has happened.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Scholar8200(m): 5:18pm On Feb 15, 2016
Muafrika2:

Its very serious. Not every other person can just wake up and literally captivate and entice an entire world in the time and space that this has happened.
That is because of the spirit by which he speaks. Paul spake of:

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
2 Corinth 11:4

We have to be careful. My joy, though, is that Moses' rod will always swallow the counterfeits!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 15, 2016
Scholar8200:
That is because of the spirit by which he speaks. Paul spake of:

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
2 Corinth 11:4

We have to be careful. My joy, though, is that Moses' rod will always swallow the counterfeits!!!
True,

1 Like

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by promisechuks: 7:27pm On Feb 15, 2016
Please, you guys should read your bibles well before blindly criticising people's preaching.

What he said is pretty true!

I don't just know the kind of bible you read.

3 Likes

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by promisechuks: 7:59pm On Feb 15, 2016
PLEASE, DON'T BE TOO FAST TO CRITICISE,READ ALL, CAREFULLY, TO COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND WHAT PASTOR PRINCE WAS TALKING ABOUT, ON HOLYSPIRIT.

Most people have been led to believe that self-doubt, self-condemnation, feelings of unworthiness, and conviction for individual sins are the work of the Holy Spirit.

But it’s just not true!

Those of you who are familiar with this ministry know that I spend a great deal of time teaching on the unconditional love and grace of God. That is what changed my life. But I can tell by the questions and comments I get that many people still don’t get it.

Because of that, years ago I asked the Lord to give
me a way of expressing His grace that people can’t
miss. That is when He gave me one of the most
important revelations I have ever had about the
positive ministry of the Holy Spirit. Not everyone
likes this, but they understand what I’m saying.

The devil’s favorite tool, religion, has done a great job of convincing the body of Christ that the Holy Spirit is the source of negative feelings. He has believers convinced it’s the Holy Spirit showing them they are unworthy and have to “clean up their acts” if they ever want to receive from the Lord.

The truth is, it’s your heart or, more specifically, your conscience that is condemning you, not God.

That is not the work of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is never the source of any of your guilt or condemnation. He is not the One that makes you feel bad when you sin.

Your conscience is the part of you that condemns
you. And if you are feeling unworthy it’s almost
impossible to receive from God.

First John 3:19-21 says,
“And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and
shall assure our hearts before him. For if our heart
condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and
knoweth all things. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.”

This verse makes it very clear: Your heart can
condemn you even though God is not. What a
radical truth, which comes as a complete shock to
most Christians. We’ve just assumed that it is always the Holy Spirit who is condemning us.

Then John said in verse 21,
“Beloved if our heart condemn us not, then have we
confidence toward God.”

If you can reach the point where your conscience is
not condemning you, judging you, and causing you
to feel unworthy to receive, then you will have
confidence toward God, which has great recompense of reward (Heb. 10:35).

Most Christians never reach that place. Most know
that God can answer their prayer; they just don’t
have the confidence that He will, because they feel
unworthy. They aren’t willing to stand in faith,
because feelings of guilt and unworthiness, which they believe are coming from the Holy Spirit, shipwreck their faith.

“Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some
having put away concerning faith have made
shipwreck” (1 Tim. 1:19).

Our conscience is not something we can or should
ignore; it can be trained for our benefit, but it is not
the Holy Spirit. The best way to deal with the
conscience is to, as much as possible, not give it any occasion against us. It can’t condemn you if you
aren’t giving it a reason. However, no one lives a
perfect life and ultimately you’ve got to purge your
conscience from dead works.

Hebrews 9:14 says,
“How much more shall the blood of Christ, who
through the eternal Spirit offered himself without
spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?”

In Hebrews 10:22, the Bible says,
“Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance
of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil
conscience.”

And in Hebrews 4:16, we read,
“Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of
grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to
help in time of need.”

The ministry of Holy Spirit is just the opposite of
what many Christians think. In John 14:16 read how
Jesus describes the Holy Spirit:
“And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you
another Comforter, that he may abide with you for
ever.”

Notice that Jesus calls the Holy Spirit the
“Comforter,” not the afflicter. It also says that He
will send “another” Comforter. “Another” means one of the same caliber, the same kind. Jesus was and still is a comforter; He didn’t condemn people during His earthly ministry.

John 3:17-19 reads,
“For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deed were evil.”

John 14:26 says,
“But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom
the Father will send in my name…”

In John 15:26, Jesus said,
“But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send
unto you from the Father…”

And in John 16:7, Jesus continues to say about the
Holy Spirit,
“Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for
you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.”

There can be no doubt that the ministry of the
Holy Spirit is not one of condemnation; it’s one
of comfort. Jesus said that it was expedient for you
that He go away and the Comforter comes.

The word
“expedient” means “to your advantage.” Jesus is
saying that it’s better to have the Holy Spirit
ministering to you than it is to have Him present in
His physical body. What a statement!

I know someone is thinking, What about John 16:8:
“And when he is come, he will reprove the world of
sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.”

Well, first of all, there is a huge difference between
conviction and condemnation, but let’s set that aside
for now. Look at the next verse. Jesus knew people
would impute things to the Holy Spirit that He wasn’t
doing.

So, Jesus explained very clearly just which sin
the Holy Spirit would convict us of. It is the singular
sin of not believing on Jesus.

John 16:9 says,
“Of sin, because they believe not on me.”

The Holy Spirit doesn’t convict us of lying, stealing,
adultery, murder, etc; He convicts us that we aren’t
trusting in Jesus. That’s the root of every sin.

Technically, people don’t go to hell for their
individual sins; Jesus has already forgiven all of
them (1 John 2:2). People go the hell for the single
sin of not making Jesus their personal Savior, the
complete and only payment for their sin.

Even after receiving salvation, it’s not our
actions (sins) that are the problem but the
heart attitude of not trusting Jesus. That is the
root of all sin. The reason people do dope and alcohol
is because they are turning to something other than
Jesus to dull the hurt inside.

When we lie, it’s because we don’t trust Jesus and
feel we have to manipulate others. That’s what all sin
comes down to: not trusting Jesus. That’s what the
Holy Spirit convicts us about.

Most Christians have not truly understood this
positive ministry of the Holy Spirit. We have made
Him the source of our feelings of guilt,
condemnation, and unworthiness. Because of that,
we haven’t really let Him do His job, and we are
missing the benefits and power of a relationship with
Him.

The Holy Spirit should be your best friend. He was
sent here to encourage you and constantly assure
you of God’s love. He is the most important and most
powerful person in your life. If you haven’t been
thinking correctly about the Holy Spirit, it’s
time to change your thinking.

You will never be able to relate to God correctly until
you understand this positive ministry of the Holy
Spirit. My new and expanded series, The Positive
Ministry of the Holy Spirit, will help you make this
change in your thinking. The Holy Spirit is the great
Comforter, but His positive ministry goes far beyond
that.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Nobody: 1:48am On Feb 16, 2016
promisechuks

Please expound on the scripture below;

1 Thessalonians 5:19 |

Quench not the Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Joagbaje(m): 4:21am On Feb 16, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Don't be too quick in condemnation by cherry picking,, try listen to the entire teaching and spirit of the communication.

3 Likes

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Amberon: 4:32am On Feb 16, 2016
There's no cherry picking here. If he said that its wrong. Whatever context he used it is irrelevant. What is wrong is wrong. Same way pastor Chris said that masturbation is not a sin.

Also Joseph Prince preaches "once saved, always saved". That's the greatest blasphemy of all time.
Joagbaje:

Don't be too quick in condemnation by cherry picking,, try listen to the entire teaching and spirit of the communication.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by esere826: 8:09am On Feb 16, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
This is what you've just done:

Let us avoid evil communicators, for example, "Olaadegbu is of the devil" [size=5pt]is a statement that can come only from the mouth of those who are easily given to evil communication[/size]
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Scholar8200(m): 8:32am On Feb 16, 2016
esere826:

This is what you've just done:

Let us avoid evil communicators, for example, "Olaadegbu is of the devil" [size=5pt]is a statement that can come only from the mouth of those who are easily given to evil communication[/size]
But Jesus said to beware of false prophets? The tenor of these teachings negate:

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2 of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this will we do, if God permit.
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 and have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame
Hebrews 6:1-6

Why did Jesus and the Apostles command us to watch and pray and be sober if there were no dangers of backsliding once we 'believe'?

4 Likes

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by promisechuks: 8:54am On Feb 16, 2016
Amberon:
There's no cherry picking here. If he said that its wrong. Whatever context he used it is irrelevant. What is wrong is wrong. Same way pastor Chris said that masturbation is not a sin.

Also Joseph Prince preaches "once saved, always saved". That's the greatest blasphemy of all time.
Why is it that you don't read your bible well and listen VERY WELL ro people's teaching before criticising?

What pastor chris meant was that masturbation is quite a sin before God.

But if that person believes on the grace of God through the finished work of christ, then though he committed the sin, he will not suffer the consequences in hell, because that is what jesus die for, in the person's place, at the cross of calvary.

If God will still punish the person because of the person's sin that Jesus was condemned to death for on the cross, then it means that Jesus was not SACRIFICED but MUDERED by God.

3 Likes

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by promisechuks: 8:57am On Feb 16, 2016
Scholar8200:
But Jesus said to beware of false prophets? The tenor of these teachings negate:

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2 of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this will we do, if God permit.
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 and have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame
Hebrews 6:1-6

Why did Jesus and the Apostles command us to watch and pray and be sober if there were no dangers of backsliding once we 'believe'?
But you must be careful when indicating false prophets.

It is better not to indicate at all than to blaspheme against God's true anointed man of God.

2 Likes

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Scholar8200(m): 9:00am On Feb 16, 2016
promisechuks:

Why is it that you don't read your bible well and listen VERY WELL ro people's teaching before criticising?

But if that person believes on the grace of God through the finished work of christ, then though he committed the sin, he will not suffer the consequences in hell, because that is what jesus die for, in the person's place, at the cross of calvary.

If God will still punish the person because of the person's sin that Jesus was condemned to death for on the cross, then it means that Jesus was not SACRIFICED but MUDERED by God.
shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Dont you know that,''he that abideth in Him sins not''!
Bro, it appears you people think grace is only forgiveness! It includes forgiveness and Power to be victorious over sin! And both are accessed by faith! If you have no true victory, then your faith is a hoax! Paul said in Ephesians 5,'' let no man deceive you with vain words for because of these things the judgement of God comes...''
Meaning avoid deceptive people that indirectly encourage you in sin!

3 Likes

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Scholar8200(m): 9:06am On Feb 16, 2016
promisechuks:

But you must be careful when indicating false prophets.

It is better not to indicate at all than to blaspheme against God's true anointed man of God.
There is NO such things as blaspheming a man!
Besides, juxtapose this teaching to that of many parts of the Gospels and Epistles and see glaring differences. Unfortunately, most purveyors of eternal security NEVER consider these verses when you show them. One even went ahead to claim some NT books/parts is not for us all in a bid to embrace this man's teaching!!!
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Joagbaje(m): 9:15am On Feb 16, 2016
Amberon:
There's no cherry picking here. If he said that its wrong. Whatever context he used it is irrelevant. What is wrong is wrong

If that's how you are you won't be able to judge righteously. Or be a good counsellor. You must hear from both sides. Joseph prince point. Is simply misunderstood . The bible says he will convict the WORLD of sin. That conviction is what led us unto salvation. It is as simple as that.

Same way pastor Chris said that masturbation is not a sin.

It's not a sin, it's only a bad habit and it can be demonic . if you find a scripture that says otherwise . Kindly quote it. And if theres no such scripture you should note that is a sin to add to scripture.

You can only be saved once.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by promisechuks: 9:18am On Feb 16, 2016
Scholar8200:
shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Dont you know that,''he that abideth in Him sins not''!
Bro, it appears you people think grace is only forgiveness! It includes forgiveness and Power to be victorious over sin! And both are accessed by faith! If you have no true victory, then your faith is a hoax! Paul said in Ephesians 5,'' let no man deceive you with vain words for because of these things the judgement of God comes...''
Meaning avoid deceptive people that indirectly encourage you in sin!
Everytime, you mention Rom 6:1 without knowing the meaning.

Please if you are sincere to know what grace means and to settle the Rom 6:1 case, read the below CAREFULLY.

pablobellins:
Is it possible to be in sin and continue in sin, and expect God to continue to show me constant mercies and deliver answers to my prayer
Beloved, if you believe that christ died for your sins, then why not, that's why it is called grace- unmerited favour/what we do not deserve. If you will still be punished for your sins, then it means that christ was not sacrificed but murdered by God.

A sinner will not go to hell because of the fact that the person committed sin but because the person is misbelieving his(christ)death by thinking that there is another more work required of him to be saved or that the person refused the man who took the consequence of the sins of the world(including his or hers), the wages of everyman's sin which is DEATH to himself by dying on the cross, and the man is JESUS CHRIST

THERE IS NO WORK REQUIRED FOR YOUR SALVATION, BUT ONLY TO CALL UPON THE NAME OF JESU AND YOU SHALL BE SAVED.
Jesus said; whosoever that shall call upon me shall be saved.

There is no amount of right living you will live for you to please GOD that's why the bible says "our righteousness is as a filthy rag before God" that's why Jesus has to come and die for us so that our lost relationship will be restored with God(with sin or no sin)

The first problem with many of us is that we hardly forgive ourselves even after accepting christ.
Secondly, the problem of wrong believing.
Thirdly, we are too sin-concious instead of love and grace-concious.

But why would someone enjoy intentionally committing sin after seeing such a great love and grace from God through christ?

As for me, each time I see sin before me and I remember God's love and grace, I will just melt or possibly burst in tears of joy(simply because I don't worth such love because in my holiest form I AM A BEAST before God) and overcome the sin without stress or even unknowingly, though even if I commit it, I know that I will not suffer for it because christ has suffered the consequences for me.

I don't even know when last I committed sin, but still when I look at my works(which is 100% right living) and look at the grace of God, I will simply call myself A BEAST, but in christ I AM A HOLY NATION, A ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, RIGHTEOUS KING, A CHOSEN ONE, CHILD OF YAWEH(as christ is, so are we in faith)because I can't compare my works with the grace and love of God through christ.

SEE THE SOLUTION FOR LIVING RIGHTLY;
1. Forgive yourself and forget your former sins, and try your best to see yourself as HOLY, LOVELY, RIGHTEOUS before God, under all cost, no matter what you did, doing and will do. STOP FEELING GUILTY ALL THE TIME!!!

2. Start being GOD'S GRACE & LOVE-CONCIOUS instead of SIN-CONCIOUS.(It will make you to always thinks about how kind, lovely and graceful God is throughout your life). Constant looking up to Jesus the author and the finisher of our faith.

3. Start believing rightly, ask the holyspirit to help you understand before reading the bible and to give you the revelations that are behind the letters.

No.3 solution is the problem with many christians who misunderstood Mathew 5: 17-18 and Romans 6:1. It is a very big problem to them that makes them to ignorantly reject grace and stick to law without even knowing.

1.While in Mathew 5: 17-18, jesus said"17. Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets; I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18. For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law, TILL ALL BE FULLFILLED."

It simply means UNTIL ALL IS FULFILLED the law will not be abolished.

So Question; UNTIL WHEN WAS ALL FULFILLED?
Answer; AT THE CROSS, at the point he said "IT IS FINISHED!!!" And gave up the ghost, the law became abolished.
Now we are not saved by work(law)but by faith(grace) we have in christ.

2. In Romans 6:1;"what shall we say then? Shall we continue IN sin, that grace may abound?"

The problem with believers and this chapter is that they combine sin, as in, nature and act as act.

Sin are in two aspect BY NATURE AND BY ACTION.

Of which every single soul in this life is sinful by nature, even if a new born baby, but in the case of a new born baby he will go to heaven(if I should say) because the baby has not reached an age of accountability and of course, didn't reject accepting Jesus.

So, when you see or hear "IN" it is talking about nature and when you see "TO" it is talking about action.
The word "IN" in that verse means NATURE and not action.

See the difference; "shall we continue IN(nature) sin" and "shall we continue TO(action) sin"

That's why he went to the next 2 verses to say;"2. GOD FORBID, how shall we that are dead to sin, live any longer thereIN(nature of sin). 3. Know ye not, that so many of us as baptized INto(nature of christ) jesus christ were baptized into his death"

I pray that anyone who is not sure of his salvation will be very and certainly sure about his or her salvation in Jesus' name, say AMEEN.

2 Likes

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by promisechuks: 9:21am On Feb 16, 2016
Scholar8200:
There is NO such things as blaspheming a man!
Besides, juxtapose this teaching to that of many parts of the Gospels and Epistles and see glaring differences. Unfortunately, most purveyors of eternal security NEVER consider these verses when you show them. One even went ahead to claim some NT books/parts is not for us all in a bid to embrace this man's teaching!!!
Which part of the NT did the person claim is not for us?
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by promisechuks: 9:24am On Feb 16, 2016
Joagbaje:

If that's how you are you won't be able to judge righteously. Or be a good counsellor. You must hear from both sides. Joseph prince point. Is simply misunderstood . The bible says he will convict the WORLD of sin. That conviction is what led us unto salvation. It is as simple as that.

It's not a sin, it's only a bad habit and it can be demonic . if you find a scripture that says otherwise . Kindly quote it. And if theres no such scripture you should note that is a sin to add to scripture.

A habit can be a sin like watching porn, mastubating, lying, smoking. But the point you will make is that Jesus has definitely paid everything and nothing is remaining for one's sin.
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Amberon: 9:24am On Feb 16, 2016
Lmao... pls give your life to Christ, you're not a christian.

so killing is a bad habit not a sin. Keep following your false prophet pastor Chris.
Joagbaje:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by promisechuks: 9:29am On Feb 16, 2016
Amberon:
Lmao... pls give your life to Christ, you're not a christian.

so killing is a bad habit not a sin. Keep following your false prophet pastor Chris.
Why must you call people false prophet with no good reason, I have explained your misunderstanding.

It is you that needs repentance.

See what you don't know; God will NEVER judge a person based on your view about the person but on his personal view about the person.

Even if you hate him and God doesn't hate him, then your hatred for him cannot be weighed the weight of a dust.

2 Likes

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Joagbaje(m): 9:38am On Feb 16, 2016
promisechuks:

A habit can be a sin like watching porn, mastubating, lying, smoking. But the point you will make is that Jesus has definitely paid everything and nothing is remaining for one's sin.

Yeah true ,A habit can be a sin . An a habit doesn't necessarily constitute a sin. Thirdly the fact that someone did something doesn't make it a habit . Unless the individual is bound by it. At that time it can be a demonic influence.

1 Like

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Joagbaje(m): 9:43am On Feb 16, 2016
Amberon:
Lmao... pls give your life to Christ

I have already ,but have you?

you're not a christian

I am ,what makes you think otherwise? Because you don't like my post eh?

so killing is a bad habit not a sin

Nobody said that but you. Kindly back it up with the word of God

Keep following your false prophet pastor Chris.

Thanks for the admonition. But what makes him false prophet?
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by promisechuks: 9:48am On Feb 16, 2016
I am so worried when I come across some pharisees pretending to be christian.
They are always filled with the spirit of condemnation that make's them cause problems in the body of christ.
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by promisechuks: 10:07am On Feb 16, 2016
Muafrika2:

promisechuks

Please expound on the scripture below;

1 Thessalonians 5:19 |

Quench not the Spirit.
That verse is indirectly saying not to ignore the spirit of God but to be led by the spirit.

To be free and enjoy in the spirit of God and not to hinder the spirit of God
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Gombs(m): 10:33am On Feb 16, 2016
Amberon:

undecided
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 16, 2016
promisechuks:

That verse is indirectly saying not to ignore the spirit of God but to be led by the spirit.

To be free and enjoy in the spirit of God and not to hinder the spirit of God

I agree with your interpretation of this particular scripture.

It's also the contention between the followers of Joseph Prince and other Christians.

The Holy Spirit is leading. To what? And is what the Holy spirit leading to work? One way of hindering the work of the Holy Spirit is by disobedience. If you have a Spirit that is not teaching you about the works of righteousness, he is not Holy.
Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Gombs(m): 10:53am On Feb 16, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Hello bro!.. i see you never seem to stop calling preachers names... majorly because they don't subscribe to your kind of Christianity. In avoidance of doubts, let me put these two in context.

[size=18pt]Jesus said[/size]
John 16:8 New King James Version (NKJV)

8 And when He has come, He will convict the [size=18pt]world[/size] of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

get other translations for simpler rendering.

[size=18pt]Joseph Prince made a bold statement in his book: [/size]

“The bottom line is that the Holy Spirit [size=18pt]never convicts you[/size] of your sins. He NEVER comes to point out your faults. I challenge you to find a scripture in the Bible that tells you that the Holy Spirit has come to convict you of your sins. You won’t find any.”
(Page 134-135, Destined to Reign)

Joseph and Jesus are saying the same thing, For the Holy Spirit DOES NOT convicts Christians of their sins, for that wasn't one of His job description as seen John 14:26 AMP

But the Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will help you remember everything that I have told you.

Pastor Prince even made it better for you Ola, He challenged you to find a scripture that says otherwise... until then, I and the hosts of Heaven will just be watching you in utter dismay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Scholar8200(m): 11:24am On Feb 16, 2016
promisechuks:

Everytime, you mention Rom 6:1 without knowing the meaning.

Please if you are sincere to know what grace means and to settle the Rom 6:1 case, read the below CAREFULLY.

Beloved, if you believe that christ died for your sins, then why not, that's why it is called grace- unmerited favour/what we do not deserve. If you will still be punished for your sins, then it means that christ was not sacrificed but murdered by God.
Are we saved in sin or saved to sin or saved from sin?

A sinner will not go to hell because of the fact that the person committed sin but because the person is misbelieving his(christ)
And when we believe shall we continue in sin? Why then did Christ die if I will remain a slave to sin? What then makes the New Covenant better if it only makes us sinners with permission?

death by thinking that there is another more work required of him to be saved or that the person refused the man who took the consequence of the sins of the world(including his or hers), the wages of everyman's sin which is DEATH to himself by dying on the cross, and the man is JESUS CHRIST
But the blessing is not generalized! We still must enter in by repentance and faith!!! If we say we have believed and continue in our sins then we don NOT believe! And while the offer of Grace is constant, we have to hold fast in faith and that faith is revealed in that we walk in newness of life!

THERE IS NO WORK REQUIRED FOR YOUR SALVATION, BUT ONLY TO CALL UPON THE NAME OF JESU AND YOU SHALL BE SAVED.
Saved from what!Is salvation the same as permission to live in sin? When HE saves us is it not that He saves us from the guilt and Power of sin? And when we are saved from the Power of sin do we still remain slaves to sin? And if we remain slaves to sin, we get the wages of sin -DEATH!

Jesus said; whosoever that shall call upon me shall be saved.
Book, chapter and verse where Jesus said this! But did Jesus misunderstand Salvation when He said on two occasions after forgiveness:
GO AND SIN NO MORE? WHat role does the Spirit come to play in our lives after we believe? To cheer us on in sin?

For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Romans 8:13 was written to Believers!!!

There is no amount of right living you will live for you to please GOD that's why the bible says "our righteousness is as a filthy rag before God"
That is why we receive His righteousness at salvation and we are to walk in newness of life else our faith claims are all false!

even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
Romans 3:22
Which means we receive His righteousness , we are made partakers of the Divine Nature but remember that if we dont watch, the pig that was washed can return to her wallowing in the mire. Is it still clean?

that's why Jesus has to come and die for us so that our lost relationship will be restored with God[b](with sin or no sin)[/b]
This is heretical! So if A claims to believe and today he sleeps with sister B, tomorrow sister C, next aborts a pregnancy for sister D and he dies while going home, he will land in Heaven?

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil
1 John 3:8
Was also written to believers. What then did Christ destroy if I am not free?

The first problem with many of us is that we hardly forgive ourselves even after accepting christ.
Secondly, the problem of wrong believing.
Thirdly, we are too sin-concious instead of love and grace-concious.

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
John 8:34-36
Free to live in sin or free from the power and control of sin? ANSWER!!! The Son comes to deliver us FROM our former master not TO our former master!

But why would someone enjoy intentionally committing sin after seeing such a great love and grace from God through christ?
Because there is still a tempter and many have been deluded through his subtlety! You should listen to your people and perhaps yourself too! These teachings will never make ANYONE to hunger and thirst after righteousness; or to seek to be pure in heart!

As for me, each time I see sin before me and I remember God's love and grace, I will just melt or possibly burst in tears of joy(simply because I don't worth such love because in my holiest form I AM A BEAST before God)
Grace does not leave us with our self righteous rags but makes us partakers of the divine nature such that our very heart shrinks from the thought of going into sin!!! How then do you say when we believe sin or no sin, we are alright

and overcome the sin without stress or even unknowingly, though even if I commit it, I know that I will not suffer for it because christ has suffered the consequences for me.
The soul that sinneth, it shall die! That passage in Hebrews 6 speaks of people who were once enlightened and had the Holy Ghost! What does it say about them? That whatever happens they are still alright? Why dont we read our Bibles?

I don't even know when last I committed sin, but still when I look at my works(which is 100% right living) and look at the grace of God, I will simply call myself A BEAST, but in christ I AM A HOLY NATION, A ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, RIGHTEOUS KING, A CHOSEN ONE, CHILD OF YAWEH(as christ is, so are we in faith)because I can't compare my works with the grace and love of God through christ.
What a contradiction! Perhaps those works are not by Grace! Else to start with, we do not glory in the holiness of life produced by Grace! (what do you have that you did not receive? ANd if you received it why are you proud?)However, the lack of a life of victory shows that our faith is vain!

SEE THE SOLUTION FOR LIVING RIGHTLY;
1. Forgive yourself and forget your former sins, and try your best to see yourself as HOLY, LOVELY, RIGHTEOUS before God, under all cost, no matter what you did, doing and will do. STOP FEELING GUILTY ALL THE TIME!!!
Did you read what Paul said to the Corinthian church when one of them went to incest? That they ought to have MOURNED! In fact, he disciplined the erring person! Afterwards Paul spoke about how they carefully went about reforming their church! What about that! Or was Christ being hard when HE said that a Church had a name to be alive but dead? Or did you not read that some miracle workers who so believed that they could, by faithin Him, do MANY miracles and He will reject them because they are workers of INIQUITY!

2. Start being GOD'S GRACE & LOVE-CONCIOUS instead of SIN-CONCIOUS.(It will make you to always thinks about how kind, lovely and graceful God is throughout your life). Constant looking up to Jesus the author and the finisher of our faith.

3. Start believing rightly, ask the holyspirit to help you understand before reading the bible and to give you the revelations that are behind the letters.

No.3 solution is the problem with many christians who misunderstood Mathew 5: 17-18 and Romans 6:1. It is a very big problem to them that makes them to ignorantly reject grace and stick to law without even knowing.

1.While in Mathew 5: 17-18, jesus said"17. Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets; I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18. For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law, TILL ALL BE FULLFILLED."

It simply means UNTIL ALL IS FULFILLED the law will not be abolished.

So Question; UNTIL WHEN WAS ALL FULFILLED?
Answer; AT THE CROSS, at the point he said "IT IS FINISHED!!!" And gave up the ghost, the law became abolished.
Now we are not saved by work(law)but by faith(grace) we have in christ.
And when we believe on Him, the righteousness of the Law should be fulfilled through us too(as we walk in the Spirit) else we shall die!
that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:4

2. In Romans 6:1;"what shall we say then? Shall we continue IN sin, that grace may abound?"

The problem with believers and this chapter is that they combine sin, as in, nature and act as act.

Sin are in two aspect BY NATURE AND BY ACTION.

Of which every single soul in this life is sinful by nature, even if a new born baby, but in the case of a new born baby he will go to heaven(if I should say) because the baby has not reached an age of accountability and of course, didn't reject accepting Jesus.

So, when you see or hear "IN" it is talking about nature and when you see "TO" it is talking about action.
The word "IN" in that verse means NATURE and not action.

See the difference; "shall we continue IN(nature) sin" and "shall we continue TO(action) sin"

That's why he went to the next 2 verses to say;"2. GOD FORBID, how shall we that are dead to sin, live any longer thereIN(nature of sin). 3. Know ye not, that so many of us as baptized INto(nature of christ) jesus christ were baptized into his death"

I pray that anyone who is not sure of his salvation will be very and certainly sure about his or her salvation in Jesus' name, say AMEEN.

knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Roman 6:6-16
Verse 16 means if after we have 'believed' we continue yielding to sin, we are the servants of sin and his wages is DEATH!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? by Amberon: 11:42am On Feb 16, 2016
per the bolded. Pastor Chris said that masturbation is not a sin. Do not say what he didn't say. The video is there for your viewing pleasure.

Just hear yourself. Whether you believe in the grace of God or not, sin is sin. "Shall we continue in sin that grace shall abound? God forbid".

This is the perverted grace gospel that keeps sending millions of Christians to hell. Sin is sin and nobody is above God's judgement. That Jesus Christ paid the price for our sins doesn't give us the leverage to sin. Everyone will pay for the consequences of their sins in hell if they don't repent and live in holiness.

promisechuks:

But if that person believes on the grace of God through the finished work of christ, then though he committed the sin, he will not suffer the consequences in hell,
because that is what jesus die for, in the person's place, at the cross of calvary.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Samuel Uche Accuses Buhari Of Plans To Islamise Nigeria / What You Must Know Before You Die / Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Islam: Boko-haram Caused It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.