Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,829 members, 7,806,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick (4460 Views)

Portugal Vs Iran: See The Moment Ronaldo Miss Penalty Kick As End 2nd In Table / Neymar Is Now Growing Wings: He Fights With Player, Cavani Over Penalty Kick / Bafana Vs Senegal Rematch & Refereeā€™s Life Ban: Watch The Controversial Penalty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by goodfornothing(m): 6:38pm On Feb 15, 2016
I've been thinking about Messi's attachment to his fellow teammates and have to conclude that he's nothing but a fagg. He enjoys the kisses he gets, more especially from the toothed Uruguayan aka Vampiro aka Sharkrez. FIFA sees all this but turns a blind eye. The truth remains that Messi is overrated. He does a lot of weird stuff on the pitch and they ignore. They want him to retain the number one spot just to spite and demoralize the INCREDIBLE C RONALDO.
Ok, let's not derail. But can someone tell me why the ref allowed that penalty yesterday? I even had to google the meaning of penalty once more just to satisfy my curiosity, and this is what I got (from the point of view of soccer) :

a free kick at the goal from the penalty spot (which only the goalkeeper is allowed to defend), awarded to the attacking team after a foul within the penalty area by an opponent.

Mark the words, a free kick at the goal from the penalty spot. But Messi did not kick the ball. Rather, he passed it to his playmate gaymate and the foolish ref allowed it....just like that. undecided

1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by Eebrahym(m): 6:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
Messi ti kolo

Do more than googling the meaning of penalty.
Check this out and request the source later

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by Eebrahym(m): 6:47pm On Feb 15, 2016
Dont worry, Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by goodfornothing(m): 6:49pm On Feb 15, 2016
Eebrahym:
Messi ti kolo

Do more than googling the meaning of penalty.
Check this out and request the source later
I'll look for a gif to that penalty and post here soon. Messi didn't kick the ball forward but sideways to Suarez
Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by Eebrahym(m): 6:54pm On Feb 15, 2016
goodfornothing:

I'll look for a gif to that penalty and post here soon. Messi didn't kick the ball forward but sideways to Suarez

Here it is again, definition of forward

Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by goodfornothing(m): 7:00pm On Feb 15, 2016
Eebrahym:

Here it is again, definition of forward
"Belonging to the forepart"
"Situated in advance".

Very good. Those define forward, and we were expecting Messi to kick the ball forward as a penalty kick should be, but he didn't kick it forward but sideways! If he kicked it forward, the ball would be rolling before him.
See the position again. He was clearly before the ball instead.

Referees are biased!
Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:05pm On Feb 15, 2016
Lol this op na olodo..he didn't kick the ball so how the ball take move?

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by goodfornothing(m): 7:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
Lol this op na olodo..he didn't kick the ball so how the ball take move?
You're the olodo here. He was supposed to kick the ball forward, not sideways. undecided
Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:11pm On Feb 15, 2016
goodfornothing:

You're the olodo here. He was supposed to kick the ball forward, not sideways. undecided

So the ball didn't go forward, in a sideways motion?
Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by goodfornothing(m): 7:12pm On Feb 15, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

So the ball didn't go forward, in a sideways motion?
Are you saying you don't know the difference between forward and sideways?
Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by goodfornothing(m): 7:15pm On Feb 15, 2016
View from another angle.

[img]https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--RvesyhvT--/c_fill,fl_progressive,g_center,h_450,q_80,w_800/ypvuqgrpqcn22xebvvso.jpg[/img]
Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:17pm On Feb 15, 2016
goodfornothing:

Lol....I'm doNe with you bro....this argument is falling apart.. .cheers mate
Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by osesology(m): 8:08pm On Feb 15, 2016
What are you guys talking about? Are you saying that he (messi) passed a penalty kick to his team mates?
Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 15, 2016
Guy ur love 4 ronaldo have so blurred ur vision that u can't good things.
Messi is not the first person to try that. Johan cryuff did that in 1985 and the goal was allowed..
In 2006 Thierry Henry did that with Perez and they missed it.
What messi did yesterday shows how selfless the young man is.. Sacrificing his chance to score his 300th La Liga goal 4 his team mate to his Hat-Trick..
I think he should be applauded 4 that..

And 4 the record I'm not just a messi fan, I am a Football Fan..
Learn to appreciate good things

8 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 15, 2016
Meet me in my Lodge for a special kiss grin
fighal:
Guy ur love 4 ronaldo have so blurred ur vision that u can't good things.
Messi is not the first person to try that. Johan cryuff did that in 1985 and the goal was allowed..
In 2006 Thierry Henry did that with Perez and they missed it.
What messi did yesterday shows how selfless the young man is.. Sacrificing his chance to score his 300th La Liga goal 4 his team mate to his Hat-Trick..
I think he should be applauded 4 that..

And 4 the record I'm not just a messi fan, I am a Football Fan..
Learn to appreciate good things

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by Adeyinka1758(m): 12:11am On Feb 16, 2016
I dont like barca but to be honest MSN ti take over.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by andysnoopy(m): 1:31am On Feb 16, 2016
goodfornothing:

It's simple. Check the penalty spot and where the ball is, is it forward or backward?
Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by Qualer: 5:39am On Feb 16, 2016
bestdeals0:
Meet me in my Lodge for a special kiss grin

just like messi passed the ball to suarez, he has passed the kiss to me, so i'm coming to your lodge to collect the kiss and see if i can 'score' from the spot.. grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by Misterdhee1(m): 8:30am On Feb 16, 2016
Op said "Messi is overrated".. Waoh, that will go down as one of the dumbest comment to be made by a football fan, If Op happens to be one.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 16, 2016
Qualer:

just like messi passed the ball to suarez, he has passed the kiss to me, so i'm coming to your lodge to collect the kiss and see if i can 'score' from the spot.. grin grin
baba who pass kiss give u?.. Me done dae road to her lodge already.. We stay in same state(Rivers State).. I'm not selfless on that note abeg..
Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 8:54am On Feb 16, 2016
goodfornothing:

I was going to reply you but then I saw you moniker so I was like "Any need?" Lemme assist somebody else instead.

*passes comment to andysnoopy*
Let him do the scoring. grin
Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by goodfornothing(m): 10:09am On Feb 16, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:

I was going to reply you but then I saw you moniker so I was like "Any need?" Lemme assist somebody else instead.

*passes comment to andysnoopy*
Let him do the scoring. grin
You have nothing to say, I understand.
Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by goodfornothing(m): 10:12am On Feb 16, 2016
Here's the gif to the penalty kick again for the doubting Thomases. Tell me where on earth such penalty is accepted

[img]http://media.balls.ie/uploads/2016/02/14223533/mess.gif[/img]
Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by ZUBY77(m): 10:51am On Feb 16, 2016
goodfornothing:
Here's the gif to the penalty kick again for the doubting Thomases. Tell me where on earth such penalty is accepted

[img]http://media.balls.ie/uploads/2016/02/14223533/mess.gif[/img]

But that thing there was FORWARD.
May not be straight forward but it fits into forward.
It's not absolute forward but not absolute sideways either. We are dealing with mathematical rules here, remember.

You argument suggest that a player cannot even target angle 90 from a penalty spot because that isn't straight forward.

Straight forward goes to the goalkeeper straight.. Remember.
Sometimes you just have to accept defeat.

That said, I personally believe such penalty should be abolished. I believe it would be better if the penalty rule says that the goalkeeper must touch the ball, or that the ball must atleast hit the bar before an opponent can kick it again.
Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by Qualer: 11:10am On Feb 16, 2016
fighal:
baba who pass kiss give u?.. Me done dae road to her lodge already.. We stay in same state(Rivers State).. I'm not selfless on that note abeg..

Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by Frankiss44(m): 11:24am On Feb 16, 2016
Well in as much everything was done in accordance with the FIFA rules on Penalty, I still feel that goal shouldnt have stood. It marks a disrespect to the keeper and the opposing team. The rule on Penalty needs to be modified with the player shooting directly at goal before players start abusing it and making rubbish of the game. Just imagine if players just start pulling this stunt during a normal penalty shoot out after a full time draw scoreline... that means penalties will be played for days grin
Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by fctguy: 11:33am On Feb 16, 2016
Whether Messi right or wrong, Celta was thrashed 6-1 and you are here arguing about that penalty.

Have you seen a penalty played to throwing? I watched it and the ref gave a throw to opposing team, so what do you have to say to that?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by goodfornothing(m): 12:50pm On Feb 16, 2016
fctguy:
Whether Messi right or wrong, Celta was thrashed 6-1 and you are here arguing about that penalty.

Have you seen a penalty played to throwing? I watched it and the ref gave a throw to opposing team, so what do you have to say to that?
I never argued about who won or who lost. I'm more concerned with FIFA deliberately condoning or overlooking a violation of football rule just because Messi is involved! undecided
Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 16, 2016
Hahahahahahahhahaha. U got me laughing to d extent of throwing away d pop corner eating. grin
Qualer:

Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 16, 2016
Hahahahahahahhahaha. U got me laughing to d extent of throwing away d pop corn Ai was eating. grin
Qualer:

Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by Qualer: 4:09pm On Feb 16, 2016
bestdeals0:
Hahahahahahahhahaha. U got me laughing to d extent of throwing away d pop corn Ai was eating. grin

babe! you too fine jooor! na why the guy wan change mind! grin but na lie o! i'm coming to collect that kiss o! make i clean mouth first...this kissing session must manifest....

Re: Lionel Messi's Controversial Penalty Kick by kenzysmith: 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2016
Abeg if dey wan ban me make dem ban me this op is an educated illiterate your mate are all hustling hw to make money u re here studyin anoda man success on google if na to go search wetin u learn for sch for goggle u nor go search may u receive sense this year ode

(1) (2) (Reply)

Make Over 50k Every Week With Jxt 2k With My Superb And Best 2+ Odds Daily / Osaze As Eagles Playmaker? Your Thoughts & Opinions. / Bankers Cup: Cbn Loses To Unity Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.