Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,767 members, 7,802,346 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy (32939 Views)

Heartbreaking Story Of A Kenyan Female Pastor Who Was Gang-raped On Her Wedding / Nurses Share Heartbreaking Story Of What Happens To Babies Who Survive Abortion / VIDEO: Wife Of Nigerian, Emmanuel, Killed In Italy Shares Heartbreaking Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by FBS: 9:55pm On Feb 15, 2016
Me thinks the Bible was right on point when it said that the heart of man (aint no exception) is desperately WICKED. I'm rarely moved but goodness how is this possible?? READ!

This is the heartbreaking moment a starving two-year-old Nigerian boy is given water by a charity worker after being left for dead by his family because they thought he was a witch.

The boy, now named Hope, was found emaciated and riddled with worms after being forced to live off scraps thrown to him by passersby for eight months.

He was finally rescued after being discovered naked and wandering the streets on January 31 by Anja Ringgren Loven, a Danish woman living in Africa.

Horrified by Hope's condition, Ms Loven bent down and began feeding him and giving him water from her bottle.

She then wrapped the disorientated and sick toddler up in a blanket, holding him in her arms, before taking him to the nearest hospital for treatment.

Ms Loven is the founder of African Children's Aid Education and Development Foundation, which she created three years ago to help children that have been labelled as a witch and therefore neglected and even killed by the members of their community.

'Thousands of children are being accused of being witches and we've both seen torture of children, dead children and frightened children,' she wrote on Facebook, accompanying images of her feeding the young boy and appealing for donations to help pay for his medical bills.

When Hope reached the hospital he was given medication to remove the worms from his belly and daily blood transfusions to incorporate more red blood cells into his body, Ms Loven said.

'Hope's condition is stable now. He's taking food for himself and he responds to the medicine he gets.

'Today, he has had powers to sit up and smiling at us. He's a strong little boy.'

Ms Loven said Hope even plays with her own son.

'I just don't know how to describe it in words. This is what makes life so beautiful and valuable and therefore I will let the pictures speak for themselves,' she said.

Two days after Ms Loven asked for the community's help with Hope's costly medical bills, she received $1million in donations from around the world.

'With all the money, we can, besides giving Hope the very best treatment, now also build a doctor clinic on the new land and save many more children out of torture!' she said.

Ms Loven runs an children's center where the children she saves live and received medical care, food and schooling.

She and her husband, David Emmanuel Umem, began building their own orphanage in late January.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3447812/Nigerian-child-neglected-starved-called-witch.html#ixzz40HDL5jhK

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by Young03(m): 10:04pm On Feb 15, 2016
Oh c'est domage
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by ibroh22(m): 10:06pm On Feb 15, 2016
Nawa o,naija ppl wit witch

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by akinloluwao: 10:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
Awwwwwww. See that beautiful smile. God bless u baby.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by kennyman2000(m): 10:57pm On Feb 15, 2016
Not surprised he's stll alive cos people who've great missions on earth hardly die before fulfilling their dreams.

Stay strong son!

See you at the top!!

Check my signature for ur customised wristband

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by Aspireahead(m): 10:57pm On Feb 15, 2016
saw
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by Segadem(m): 10:58pm On Feb 15, 2016
hmnn
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 15, 2016
one guy was arguing with me that the story is not true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by Holluwaphlexy(m): 10:59pm On Feb 15, 2016
so pathetic

1 Like

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by gungab(m): 11:00pm On Feb 15, 2016
may God help us
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by chynie: 11:00pm On Feb 15, 2016
This true charity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by youngwarlocks: 11:00pm On Feb 15, 2016
the first time I saw that on FBK I wept in my heart and then prayed for him.....see the way he was drinking that water like he'd neva tasted it before. Thank God for Good people.....May God reward her kind and generous heart.

31 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by hungryboy(m): 11:00pm On Feb 15, 2016
Chai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by Adeniyi077(m): 11:01pm On Feb 15, 2016
Abandoned by family- the people he cherished so much...

God, how I wish unborn kids could have a choice on who their parents are!

Thanks, Ms. Loven
Get well, Hope.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by bebe2(f): 11:01pm On Feb 15, 2016
How many pple walked past dat child on their way to church

grin grin

But it had to take tattooed oyibo woman who probably doesn't believe in God to rescue the child grin grin

Judgement go too sweet ooo

159 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by Tombilly(m): 11:02pm On Feb 15, 2016
and his parents will be shouting alleluia somewhere n their pastor will b cool wit it as long as d offering z coming in. if he becomes d governor of their state tomorrow they will say pls forgive us its devil's handwork work. may God bless diz lady for me

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by Emiismart(m): 11:03pm On Feb 15, 2016
nothing worth while ever is

2 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by profem1(m): 11:03pm On Feb 15, 2016
@op if you could type that summary, then you should be able to copy and paste the content of the link here.
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 15, 2016
PARDON MY IGNORANCE

BUT THIS IS STORY IS VERY VERY VERY UNLIKELY TO BE TRUE undecided
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by holluwai(m): 11:04pm On Feb 15, 2016
cry
Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by PeinDanzo(m): 11:05pm On Feb 15, 2016
kcemma:
God have mercy on us but the lady have too much tatoo ooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEHltt5cAUU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZxjqCJfzsQ

Sorry,did I hear u say tattoo?? Sorry,what? Who d hell cares?? Ur God must be a bias God if he denies this woman heaven because she has tattoo ..This woman has done far far better than most christians would do, u shouldn't criticize but be thankful to her and God

8 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by kristen12(f): 11:06pm On Feb 15, 2016
God bless her good heart.

1 Like

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by Chstel(m): 11:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
some has poison their mind so as not to have human feeling anymore. Oh If men were God, i wonder what would have happened. But may Gratitude goes to Almighty God for some who still show love to the less privilage. Let charity, relieve and truth continue to stay in the heart of all that still feel, and care for fellow human no matter the color.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by Juliuxxxxx: 11:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
aww...God is really Great

#Cant believe such things happen in Nigeria...
where buhari??

1 Like

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by prettyjo(f): 11:09pm On Feb 15, 2016
a good heart is still priceless

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by OLUJOSHINS(m): 11:11pm On Feb 15, 2016
I will like to quickly conclude that His parents are wicked, but I've heard of the terrestrial kingdom & some of the antics employed there. so let me just keep mum.

1 Like

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by hungryboy(m): 11:11pm On Feb 15, 2016
bebe2:
How many pple walked past dat child on their way to church

grin grin

But it had to take tattooed oyibo woman who probably doesn't believe in God to rescue the child grin grin

Judgement go too sweet ooo
Aunty,let's not even go there,

Na still those same church goers label am witch nah,
Some church goers no longer go to their villages due to fear of witch attacks,
Churches this days, only preach giving to the church, not your neighbour or those in need

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by mayreeh215: 11:12pm On Feb 15, 2016
There are still good people around. God bless her

2 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:16pm On Feb 15, 2016
Nice one from her but this news have been on frontpage before

3 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Story Of A Starving Two-year-old Nigerian Boy by Nobody: 11:16pm On Feb 15, 2016
Good heart.
This shouldn't be happening in 2016.
Witch?

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

26 Years Old Without A Single Beard / JUNGLE JUSTICE: How I Would've Been Burnt For A Crime I Knew Nothing About / One-Legged Man Carries Cement With Teeth (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.