Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

What Are The Best Laptops For Programmers And Hackers?! - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Are The Best Laptops For Programmers And Hackers?! (42064 Views)

Paid Internship For Young Programmers And Developers - Wordpress, PHP Etc / Nigeria’s Top Programmers And Developers As Ranked By Github 2016 / 19 Pictures Programmers And IT Oriented People Can Relate To. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Best Laptops For Programmers And Hackers?! by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2016
Re: What Are The Best Laptops For Programmers And Hackers?! by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 14, 2016
hexy40:
java, python,php no problem. But when u run android studio and avd on a nonsense system u will literally hear d system cry before it shows u an error message, then system shuts down by itself
But don't forget the thread title is "What Are The Best Laptops For Programmers And Hackers?" with no specific applications listed. Hacking is no different from using those light programs listed. If available one can use an ordinary ipad to create the most malicious blackhat code known in modern time.
I find the recommendations of high end systems funny because I liken them to someone asking 'what system should I buy to play minesweeper' and everybody starts recommending alienware or falcon northwests.
Re: What Are The Best Laptops For Programmers And Hackers?! by hexy40: 3:12pm On Aug 14, 2016
charix:

But don't forget the thread title is "What Are The Best Laptops For Programmers And Hackers?" with no specific applications listed. Hacking is no different from using those light programs listed. If available one can use an ordinary ipad to create the most malicious blackhat code known in modern time.
I find the recommendations of high end systems funny because I liken them to someone asking 'what system should I buy to play minesweeper' and everybody starts recommending alienware or falcon northwests.
I get what u are saying but I just had to mention it incase he has any intention of android programming
Re: What Are The Best Laptops For Programmers And Hackers?! by Tosineb: 10:06am On Jul 18, 2017
Can someone take me on infomation security? 08035022501
Re: What Are The Best Laptops For Programmers And Hackers?! by Maxmmanuel(m): 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2017
WOW!
100 brilliant posts and still counting. 30k+ views and still going.
I can't thank you all enough for your advice, suggestions and opinions for over a year now.
Gracia!
Re: What Are The Best Laptops For Programmers And Hackers?! by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:28pm On Jul 26, 2017
Any laptop with sufficient RAM, an SSD and long battery life. You dont need a new laptop. You should be looking at :

Dell XPS15
HP Elite books
ThinkPad T520 (my choice)
Apple McBook Air / Pro (if you can afford it)

These are available (and affordable) in Nigeria.
You should also be running Linux. Avoid Windows like the plague unless you specifically develop for their platform.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Will It Cost Me To Design a mobile APP In Nigeria / Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time / Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.