Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child (48241 Views)

Transformation Of 3 Children Tortured In Akwa Ibom After Being Tagged Witches / Amazing Weight Loss Transformation Of A Couple In Just One Year (photo) / Amazing Transformation Of A Lady Born Bow-Legged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by skobaskata: 12:25pm On Feb 16, 2016
[url][/url]This child was in the streets for 8 good months. I'm sure several individuals who profess to be very religious must have passed by without lending a helping hand. The highest they must have done is maybe to throw a snack or food at the child. It took the tender, loving effort of a white lady to rescue this innocent child, now named Hope, from the claws of imminent death. So saddddd. Why don't we help ourselves in Nigeria? Whyyyyyy? sad

Perhaps you must have seen this heart-rendering photo online of a white lady giving a little child who looked dehydrated and malnourished a drink of water.

It is sad that such kind of photos could only emanate from Africa and it usually takes the effort of the foreign press to bring the attention of the world to their plight.

Sadly, the child in this photo is not from Darfur or any other war torn African enclave but is from Nigeria. Somewhere in Akwa-Ibom state where the issue of witch-craft is rife.

Story has it that the boy, who has been named Hope was left for dead on the streets by his family, who thinks he is a witch.

Hope survivied on the streets for eight months, feeding on scraps thrown at him by passers by.

Fortunately, on January 31, Hope was rescued by a Danish humanitarian aid-worker, Miss Anja Ringgren Loven, who discovered him naked, emaciated, and wandering the streets with his body riddled with worms.

Miss Anja, who has a Nigerian partner with whom she has a son, took Hope to the hospital where he was given a thorough bath. Thereafter Hope was treated of the worms and given blood transfusion to replenish his obviously depleted red blood cells.

Already, Miss Anja who runs a children orphanage, has received donations to the tune of $1 million from donors from around the world after asking the community for fund to settle Hope's medical bills.

She's hoping to build a hospital for neglected children like Hope besides giving Hope the best of treatment.

See more stunning pics of baby Hope and read more of such amazing stories at http://jed360blog.com/2016/02/nigerian-witchcraft-child-neglected.html

34 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by Wanice: 12:34pm On Feb 16, 2016
GOD BLESS YOU MA

140 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by Mjshexy(f): 12:54pm On Feb 16, 2016
What a cute child!!! God bless the lady cry

43 Likes

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by njideoby(f): 1:18pm On Feb 16, 2016
Hope even when life seems hopeless.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by dealslip(f): 1:38pm On Feb 16, 2016
Wickedness reigns in Nigeria. How can anyone accuse this little child of witchcraft. We would go to any length to defend our religion. But the very essence of the religion which is Love, we neglect.

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by jpphilips(m): 1:48pm On Feb 16, 2016
Black man has a black mind

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by Flexherbal(m): 2:16pm On Feb 16, 2016
God bless this woman.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by deanoffaculty: 2:25pm On Feb 16, 2016
dealslip:
Wickedness reigns in Nigeria. How can anyone accuse this little child of witchcraft. We would go to any length to defend our religion. But the very essence of the religion which is Love, we neglect.
Abi na! Am even surprised that some set of people are still practicing the act of abandoning kids for witchcraft in this modern age. No be winch dey sabi winch? Some parents sha......how can you carry a pregnancy for 9months and abandon the baby cos of witchcraft? why not take hm/her for deliverance...
God bless the little girl and those taking care of her.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 16, 2016
Agbero for Demark come Nigeria harmer megga.

In fact this black race get issues.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 16, 2016
Flexherbal:
God bless this woman.
No b to shout God bless dis woman.. Wen u dey c am since u help am?? Der re odas like dis arround us buh we always turn a blind eye

34 Likes

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by Iroh88(m): 2:51pm On Feb 16, 2016
That first pic almost brought tears to my eyes.

God bless the children..

9 Likes

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by rooftech: 2:54pm On Feb 16, 2016
i saw these very young lady today and was very proud

5 Likes

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by sarutobie(m): 3:00pm On Feb 16, 2016
Iroh88:
That first pic almost brought tears to my eyes.

God bless the children..
Lol Omenka you actually have a tear to shed? I want to believe this Valentine period really touched the humanity in you...but that will be the day!

4 Likes

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by Iroh88(m): 3:06pm On Feb 16, 2016
sarutobie:

Lol Omenka you actually have a tear to shed? I want to believe this Valentine period really touched the humanity in you...but that will be the day!
Yall have no idea the kind of man I am. Ignore what you see around here. cheesy

The reason I became very vicious is because the PDP supporters refused to be reasonable. Go back on my timeline before the election and you'd see a part of the real me. I hardly hate people and VERY good at charity. cheesy

Even as we speak, I have some yams and half a bag of rice in the trunk of my car, and as I drive around, I look out for people I think need them. Was driving along a street yesterday, saw a lady bathing her child outside, from the look of their crib, I just imagined she wouldn't mind the handout. Pulled over, called her attention and when she came over, asked her if she'd like to have some but she declined. cheesy

I just drove on.

Hopefully, will find someone real soon. smiley

I'm not what most of yall might think I am. wink

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by Iroh88(m): 3:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
Lalasticlala. E be like this ur bday jolly don dey lazy you oo. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by skobaskata: 3:55pm On Feb 16, 2016
Its disheartening that we love taking pictures and posting on nairaland, facebook et al of people's plight we see on he go daily but lending a helping hand? No way! No in Africa, not in Nigeria. We claim to trust in God and even worship him eight days in a week, 25hrs daily, yet we are sore afraid of witches and wizards getting to us through our help. Shame on us.
Thankfully there are good and charitable Nigerians around

3 Likes

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by meezynetwork(m): 4:53pm On Feb 16, 2016
Africa and superstition. I don't know why we are so wicked. Just imagine someone with body arts/tattoo all over 90% of her body, who will be taken as an irresponsible person has proven to be among the few responsible persons in a country filled with hypocrites called pastors and imams.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by Tawis06(m): 5:19pm On Feb 16, 2016
I thought tattoo make's one irresponsible

9 Likes

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by yhemsy62(m): 5:34pm On Feb 16, 2016
Wow! What a beautiful child undecided
Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by JustCurious: 7:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
Such a cute smile in the last pics. **hugs**hugs**
So impressive. Great effort.
God bless Mrs. Anja!! God Bless, little Hope.

3 Likes

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by oduastates: 7:24pm On Feb 16, 2016
Going to church or mosque everyday of the week does not make you Godly

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by wins18(m): 7:27pm On Feb 16, 2016
ydass:
Agbero for Demark come Nigeria harmer megga.
In fact this black race get issues.
grin bros u funny oo

3 Likes

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by nnokwa042(m): 7:39pm On Feb 16, 2016
Oyibo people? Trust them even with her tattoo doesn't stop her from caring just like some of them helped igbos during d war may our lord allways bless oyibo with tecnology while we in Nigeria keep arguing of who invented amala or akpu or tuwo ,but as for the British government God will surely deal with u people one day for joining us with people from Mali chad Niger and u called us one Nigerian ,for Yoruba people I ve nothing against them , but as at is now may northerners rule this country for 80 year as long they ve nepa bill as certificate angry

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 16, 2016
So saddened!
This best explains the word - "witch-hunting" in Nigeria setting. Dasuki and Co should be abandoned, and suffer like the innocent Child (though in Prison)!
#PoorAfricaMentality
Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 16, 2016
wins18:

grin bros u funny oo

Na true na

1 Like

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by dealslip(f): 7:59pm On Feb 16, 2016
deanoffaculty:

Abi na! Am even surprised that some set of people are still practicing the act of abandoning kids for witchcraft in this modern age. No be winch dey sabi winch? Some parents sha......how can you carry a pregnancy for 9months and abandon the baby cos of witchcraft? why not take hm/her for deliverance...
God bless the little girl and those taking care of her.
As in....... Carry child for 9 month and extend such cruelty to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by cutetopsey(f): 8:14pm On Feb 16, 2016
hmmm!

This is so touching and impressive!

God bless you real good white woman. God will uphold and keep Hope as well.......

3 Likes

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by VickyRotex(f): 8:14pm On Feb 16, 2016
Awwwwwwww!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed

God bless her and God bless you Hope!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by driand(m): 8:14pm On Feb 16, 2016
K
Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
So it took a foreigner to pick up an abandoned child on the road, feed and clothe.

This story will be remembered

3 Likes

Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by NigWritershub: 8:16pm On Feb 16, 2016
Thank God for his life. so we still have some barbaric culture. I assumed they have all been exterminated.
Re: The Amazing Transformation Of The Abandoned Nigerian "Witchcraft" Child by princeonx: 8:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
If na naija/black woman, na Cain or pigin she go use flog that witch out of her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) / My Skin Is Getting Bad and discoloured.Advice Needed(photos) / 14-Year-Old Fruits Seller In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.