Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:31 AM

Our Oil....our Future....our Niger-delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Oil....our Future....our Niger-delta (864 Views)

They Came To Our Niger Delta Community And Asked For Graduates / Buhari To Implement Yar’adua’s Agreement With Niger-Delta Militants / Financing Our Future - Kemi Adeosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Oil....our Future....our Niger-delta by Liberty101: 9:57am On Feb 17, 2016
With the current falling of oil prices in the international market, Nigeria has being at the receiving end viewed from the angle of our current economic woes.
The oil price in the international market if falling freely in-line with our precious Naira, Everybody is now talking about diversification of our economy away from an oil dependent economy. Some states has started diversifying by tapping into the resources around them, while some are still waiting for the oil prices to skyrocket again.

Now the big question is "What's in stock for our dear Niger-delta region". The delta region is the region where most of our oil resources comes from, thus leading to unprecedented exploitation, devastation and degradation of the region's environment. While other regions has enjoyed the benefits of the oil revenues from the region, it has wallowed in misery.
Before the discovery of oil in the delta region, its was well known by its incredible well-endowed ecosystem which contains one of the highest concentration of biodiversity in Africa.It has a well arable terrain that can sustain a wide variety of crops, agricultural tress(once known as oil rivers for its major production of Palm oil), and many species of fresh water fish, But the discovery of oil in the region has caused more harm than any good. With oil spills occurring in the land and water of the delta region daily, the region has being rendered almost agricultural ineffective. While other regions are gradually moving away from being heavily dependent on oil proceeds, What then is in stock for our dear delta regions or probably what does it have in stock for itself ?

Cc lalasticlala
Cc Tonyebarcanista
Cc dearpreye
Cc ugomba

Criticism is welcomed.
Re: Our Oil....our Future....our Niger-delta by Ugomba(m): 10:26am On Feb 17, 2016
Niger Delta Leaders are the problem of this our region.
-look at bayelsa, a state with just 8 local govt. Has been receiving up to over 6billion naira monthly as allocation, what have their governor done with it?
- another factor is the "OUR OIL" lazy mentality that have caged many ND youths.
- Niger Delta have been used and about to be dumbed, anyone waiting for FG to clean up enviromental pollution in his/her area is living in delusion.
Clean Water is like a costly asset to many Bayelsa communities that I visited.. We got to a place that Cold pure water is #30 while warm one is #20.
- I am happy that my Delta North(Anioma) shifted our attention to Education and Human capital.
Our land is not polluted, We don't have time for OUR OIL Nonsense!
Re: Our Oil....our Future....our Niger-delta by Liberty101: 10:58am On Feb 17, 2016
so what do you suggest the other delta regions do ? especially those that are closer to the coastal areas ? @ ugomba
Re: Our Oil....our Future....our Niger-delta by JahJaa(m): 12:29pm On Feb 17, 2016
You Guys need Good Leaders, leaders with visions and great mind and not curropt mind
Re: Our Oil....our Future....our Niger-delta by Liberty101: 12:41pm On Feb 17, 2016
JahJaa:
You Guys need Good Leaders, leaders with visions and great mind and not curropt mind
I wonder why their leaders couldn't see what lies ahead of them.
Re: Our Oil....our Future....our Niger-delta by JahJaa(m): 9:31am On Feb 18, 2016
Liberty101:
I wonder why their leaders couldn't see what lies ahead of them.
I tire my bro but i wish them Gods wisdom
Re: Our Oil....our Future....our Niger-delta by explorer250(m): 12:17pm On Feb 18, 2016
I don't care for any Niger delta region. when the going gets tough I believe we will merge with other Igbo vibrant states that have well developed human capital and resourceful,creative population and we will keep going. though development is encroaching into my area(obigbo) but my regret is that since we were carved into rivers state our oil mentality has beclouded most of our youths and the are not as hard working as our ndoki brothers in abia state. come to aba and see how our brothers in abia is hustling and majority of their population are educated.

with time due to the dwindling oil price I believe that the politics of, and the political influence of our region will be no more(the bitter truth) but that will be a blessing in disguise for the Igbo people of south south because anioma and porthacourt state will be created and annexed back into south east and then we will drop our lazy mentality and embrace what the Igbo nation is known for "RESOURCEFULNESS" just like I have always said "the resources of the Igbo nation is her HUMAN RESOURCES" well, I still pity the other minorities in our region whose lands have been grossly polluted.
Re: Our Oil....our Future....our Niger-delta by Adminisher: 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2016
It is not your oil please. Stop deceiving yourselves. The lies are getting too much.
Re: Our Oil....our Future....our Niger-delta by explorer250(m): 12:44pm On Feb 18, 2016
Ugomba:
-look at bayelsa, a state with just 8 local govt. Has been receiving up to over 6billion naira monthly as allocation, what have their governor done with it?
- another factor is the "OUR OIL" lazy mentality that have caged many ND youths.
- Niger Delta have been used and about to be dumbed, anyone waiting for FG to clean up enviromental pollution in his/her area is living in delusion.
Clean Water is like a costly asset to many Bayelsa communities that I visited.. We got to a place that Cold pure water is #30 while warm one is #20.
- I am happy that my Delta North(Anioma) shifted our attention to Education and Human capital.

yeah that is the true emblem of the Igbo nation " HUMAN CAPITAL"

Ugomba:

yeah that is the true emblem of the Igbo nation " HUMAN CAPITAL"
Re: Our Oil....our Future....our Niger-delta by explorer250(m): 12:49pm On Feb 18, 2016
lalasticala you are needed here, this piece deserves fp
Re: Our Oil....our Future....our Niger-delta by Liberty101: 1:05pm On Feb 18, 2016
explorer250:
I don't care for any Niger delta region. when the going gets tough I believe we will merge with other Igbo vibrant states that have well developed human capital and resourceful,creative population and we will keep going. though development is encroaching into my area(obigbo) but my regret is that since we were carved into rivers state our oil mentality has beclouded most of our youths and the are not as hard working as our ndoki brothers in abia state. come to aba and see how our brothers in abia is hustling and majority of their population are educated.

with time due to the dwindling oil price I believe that the politics of, and the political influence of our region will be no more(the bitter truth) but that will be a blessing in disguise for the Igbo people of south south because anioma and porthacourt state will be created and annexed back into south east and then we will drop our lazy mentality and embrace what the Igbo nation is known for "RESOURCEFULNESS" just like I have always said "the resources of the Igbo nation is her HUMAN RESOURCES" well, I still pity the other minorities in our region whose lands have been grossly polluted.
Talking about anioma and porthacourt state, is that feasible ? and then we ought to care about our delta area brothers cause what affects them as our neighbours might indirectly affects us too. What do you think ?
Re: Our Oil....our Future....our Niger-delta by explorer250(m): 10:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
Liberty101:
Talking about anioma and porthacourt state, is that feasible ? and then we ought to care about our delta area brothers cause what affects them as our neighbours might indirectly affects us too. What do you think ?
yeah the would be feasible or anioma might be merged with vibrant anambra while pH will be merged to abia.

in this country every tribe is on his own just as the I jaws made us know. the greater Igbo have been fighting for the betterment of the old eastern region but some groups in our region have been sabotaging this effort
I might be in south south but region don't make people ethnicity do.

do you know that the Igbo properties seized in pH was done by the I jaws after the war

there is nothing the ss can do because some of us enjoys sabotaging the other. this is Nigeria and the minorio are always the pawns in every political game. look at the kanuri Minority in born as a case study
Re: Our Oil....our Future....our Niger-delta by explorer250(m): 10:48pm On Feb 18, 2016
why is the thread dull?
Re: Our Oil....our Future....our Niger-delta by explorer250(m): 10:52pm On Feb 18, 2016
yoga mods pls do something
Re: Our Oil....our Future....our Niger-delta by explorer250(m): 10:56pm On Feb 18, 2016
Liberty101:
With the current falling of oil prices in the international market, Nigeria has being at the receiving end viewed from the angle of our current economic woes.
The oil price in the international market if falling freely in-line with our precious Naira, Everybody is now talking about diversification of our economy away from an oil dependent economy. Some states has started diversifying by tapping into the resources around them, while some are still waiting for the oil prices to skyrocket again.

Now the big question is "What's in stock for our dear Niger-delta region". The delta region is the region where most of our oil resources comes from, thus leading to unprecedented exploitation, devastation and degradation of the region's environment. While other regions has enjoyed the benefits of the oil revenues from the region, it has wallowed in misery.
Before the discovery of oil in the delta region, its was well known by its incredible well-endowed ecosystem which contains one of the highest concentration of biodiversity in Africa.It has a well arable terrain that can sustain a wide variety of crops, agricultural tress(once known as oil rivers for its major production of Palm oil), and many species of fresh water fish, But the discovery of oil in the region has caused more harm than any good. With oil spills occurring in the land and water of the delta region daily, the region has being rendered almost agricultural ineffective. While other regions are gradually moving away from being heavily dependent on oil proceeds, What then is in stock for our dear delta regions or probably what does it have in stock for itself ?

Cc lalasticlala
Cc Tonyebarcanista
Cc dearpreye
Cc ugomba eastlink ezeagu rose2014

Criticism is welcomed.
Re: Our Oil....our Future....our Niger-delta by explorer250(m): 10:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
explorerreturns
Re: Our Oil....our Future....our Niger-delta by explorer250(m): 11:05pm On Feb 18, 2016
Ugomba:

you are just too right bro
Re: Our Oil....our Future....our Niger-delta by Liberty101: 8:16am On Feb 19, 2016
explorer250:
yeah the would be feasible or anioma might be merged with vibrant anambra while pH will be merged to abia.

in this country every tribe is on his own just as the I jaws made us know. the greater Igbo have been fighting for the betterment of the old eastern region but some groups in our region have been sabotaging this effort
I might be in south south but region don't make people ethnicity do.

do you know that the Igbo properties seized in pH was done by the I jaws after the war

there is nothing the ss can do because some of us enjoys sabotaging the other. this is Nigeria and the minorio are always the pawns in every political game. look at the kanuri Minority in born as a case study
So are you like more of saying that the Delta areas (coastal areas) has no future and will be merged by its neighboring vibrant states ?

Cc lalasticlala I think your attention is needed here

(1) (Reply)

Corruption: Past Leaders Acted Shamefully, Says Osinbajo / Checkout This Throwback Photo Of Mariam Abacha & Her Children In The 70’s / Sen Sani Frowns At Buhari’s Use Of DSS To Intimidate Opposition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.