Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,642 members, 7,801,870 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari (63068 Views)

What Jonathan, Makarfi, PDP Governors Discussed In Caucus Meeting / Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan / Jonathan Told Me & Obasanjo He Never Wanted To Be Vice-president - Donald Duke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by OKDnigeria: 2:41pm On Feb 17, 2016

Former Presidential Adviser on National Assembly Matters, Florence Ita-Giwa, has disclosed her conversation with ex-President, Goodluck Jonathan, during last year’s presidential election.

Jonathan, the candidate of the PDP was defeated by the incumbent President, Muhammadu Buhari of the APC.

Speaking with DAILY POST in Lagos on Tuesday, Ita-Giwa revealed her chat with Jonathan after he conceded defeat.

“I called former President, Jonathan and told him, ‘why not wait till the result is declared before conceding?’

“This was two minutes after he made the announcement.

“Responding, he said, ‘Aunty, I already know what the outcome would be. I have done the right thing. I am keeping to my word that no blood is worth my ambition.

“I said to him, ‘You are great indeed’. He thanked me for my call.”

“I don’t regret supporting him, but we thank God for the peace and unity of the country.”

Reacting to the spate of defections to the ruling APC by PDP members, the politician said she will not leave the PDP.

“You can support the President without defecting to his party. Many are doing this for what they can gain.”

“I remain in PDP but will support good policies of the present government.”

Ita-Giwa hailed the nation’s media for the resilience over the years, urging them to continue to be the voice of the people.

“You all are doing a wonderful job, let’s continue to do our best to make Nigeria great,” she added.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/16/what-jonathan-told-me-after-he-conceded-to-buhari-ita-giwa/

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by Last2comment(m): 2:42pm On Feb 17, 2016
Source no dey click

1 Like

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by dammytosh: 2:44pm On Feb 17, 2016
Mchewwww

This heroic thing is now sounding like Deadpool. It is crap.

He lost by over 2million votes.

What would he have done with Rtd Gen Obasanjo, IBB, Abdusallam etc at the other side.

He should enjoy is life peacefully and stop over flogging the 'no blood is worth his ambition' crap.

130 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by PoliticalThuG(m): 2:52pm On Feb 17, 2016
Gej!!! The hero of democracy!!

216 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by BushidoBlue(m): 2:52pm On Feb 17, 2016
dammytosh:
Mchewwww

This heroic thing is now sounding like Deadpool. It is crap.

See painment....

Why won't it sound like dead pool?
When you and your boss can't count 1,2,3 wey mistake full d budget

284 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by nickxtra(m): 2:54pm On Feb 17, 2016
Trying to be relevant once again, Ms. AGIP.

5 Likes

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by swagaholic: 2:54pm On Feb 17, 2016
GEJ, may God 4ever bless u!!!!!!

152 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by loopman: 2:56pm On Feb 17, 2016
Anything that this woman touch, becomes cursed.

8 Likes

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 17, 2016
this is hold news na.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by EkeBarry(m): 3:52pm On Feb 17, 2016
BushidoBlue:

See painment....

Why won't it sound like dead pool?
When you and your boss can't count 1,2,3 wey mistake full d budget

Let's just giv hm dis

12 Likes

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by FolaJabulani: 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2016
So Your mouth na basket.. . You cannot keep a secret
Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by Nawa4nl: 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2016
We all know that had APC not been declared winners there would have been blood shed.

They started off by killing the Christian Kaduna governor in a helicopter crash and attempting the kill the Christian Tarba Governor in a helicopter crash.

We can all see the party APC is a bloody party.

36 Likes

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by ceejay80s(m): 4:45pm On Feb 17, 2016
All na eye service
Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 17, 2016
sha sha want us knw say jonathan call her "aunty"? no problem now we knw, ita giwa ko, ile giwa ni

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by Slimzjoe(m): 4:45pm On Feb 17, 2016
The True Hero of Democracy cool

His Humility marvels and Inspire me to be a better Citizen.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by wellmax(m): 4:46pm On Feb 17, 2016
Okay we don hear. The GEJ guy is enjoying his time off office, whereas some NLders are still campaigning for him.

GEJ, we are glad you conceded, but of more importance is that fact that you lost squarely.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by eleko1: 4:46pm On Feb 17, 2016
Mama Bakassi sad,ok,Thnk U but it won't stop baba Daura to do the needful/recover our money from jona nd his Dasuki undecided thank U Mama
Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by TippyTop(m): 4:46pm On Feb 17, 2016
I am keeping to my word that no blood is worth my ambition.

Phew!!!!!
Last time Buhari lost, 800 people paid with their lives.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by tubouncen(m): 4:47pm On Feb 17, 2016
am i the only one that is yet to see why?
Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by yemajiteru(m): 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2016
Rubbish...
Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by dramenda(f): 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2016
Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by Caliph69: 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2016
Good. I hope EFCC won't give you a call.

1 Like

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by peacengine(m): 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2016
GEJ my hero!

11 Likes

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by eleojo23: 4:49pm On Feb 17, 2016
GEJ disappointed a lot of people by conceding defeat especially those who wanted him to hold on to power so that they can give him the Gbagbo treatment.
He disappointed them and put them to shame.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by Ecoterrorism(f): 4:49pm On Feb 17, 2016
God bless Gej for keeping me alive because there was tension in my area against the vocal supporters of Gej

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by kilokeys(m): 4:50pm On Feb 17, 2016
APC wailers still blaming GEJ for the naira crash against the dollar..

Brooms are just Good in sweeping.. Nothing else.. Oh in killing flies too.

Broomhari just keeps sweeping DGs,

Broom without packer.. Nonsense country

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by Nawa4nl: 4:50pm On Feb 17, 2016
TippyTop:

Phew!!!!!
Last time Buhari lost 800 lost paid with their lives.

We all know that APC would have killed Southerners jus like the Army murders Igbo people demanding independence, while setting Boko Haram people free.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 17, 2016
victorels:
this is[b]hold [/b] news na.
in d olding days people like u would have been use to trade by barter, ordinary "old" u can spell yet u go ey talk say ur school fee no be waste of money

3 Likes

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by Pavarottii(m): 4:53pm On Feb 17, 2016
Not surprised! Wat a gentle and humble man he is. He even said, "Thanks for calling"

Best Nigerian President ever!

We ur supporters love u.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by Pamelayoung: 4:53pm On Feb 17, 2016
This is not news worthy if you ask me.
Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by okezed: 4:53pm On Feb 17, 2016
small time now to buy data go be problem by then these changers will know where to run mouth

1 Like

Re: Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari by kokoA(m): 4:55pm On Feb 17, 2016
Who takes what a loser says seriously undecided ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Look On The Face Of President Buhari In Sochi (Photos) / Abdullahi Wamakko Mohammed Dies, Set For Burial (Photos) / How Nigerian Soldiers At The Battlefield Communicate With Their Commanders. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.