Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Why Does Airtel Data Drain So Quickly? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Does Airtel Data Drain So Quickly? (12015 Views)

Why Does 95 Percent Of Nigerian Websites Run Without SSL ? / My Data Finishes So Quickly. HELP!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Airtel Data Drain So Quickly? by kay29000(m): 8:26pm On Feb 17, 2016
I use Airtel and I noticed their data drains too fast. I mean, I just did the 3gig plan for 1k5 this morning, and I just checked my balance and I have 2.4 gig left. shocked

Guarantee I browse a lot, but I don't download movies or music. Why does it run so fast. The 3gig is usually finished by the 5th or 6th day. But when I use MTN day and night 4.5 gig, I use it for almost a month. The only disadvantage there is that it is just 1/5 gig day...but even at that, the 1.5 gig last me at least two weeks, before I continue with the 3 gig for night.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Airtel Data Drain So Quickly? by Afam4eva(m): 9:45pm On Feb 17, 2016
I've noticed the same thing with Etisalat data plans. It could be because the server speed is usually fast, so you won't notice how much you're using.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Airtel Data Drain So Quickly? by Craigston: 11:27pm On Feb 17, 2016
They are doing something I don't understand with data service.
I tried this once: I bought a data plan of 40Mb at 100 naira on Airtel and I tried to download files worth less than 30Mb total.
You can guess what happened. They munched my cash within 20 minutes of browsing (just locating the file) and downloading (the main thing). In the end, I got less than the file size as value for my subscription.
That was just one of many ugly experiences with Airtel. I've had very similar experiences with Etisalat too.
With Glo, I get almost the full value for my subscription (considering both upstream and downstream data transfer).
All the tests were done on 3G networks.
You're likely thinking what I think about the two Trojan networks.
My suggestion is this: carry out well-controlled, accurate tests on their data quality. Repeat the tests on different devices and check whether the inconsistencies show any pattern. If it's what we suspect, report to the customer care center and demand a balance.
If they fail to comply, report to the NCC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does Airtel Data Drain So Quickly? by kay29000(m): 7:31am On Feb 18, 2016
Craigston:
They are doing something I don't understand with data service.
I tried this once: I bought a data plan of 40Mb at 100 naira on Airtel and I tried to download files worth less than 30Mb total.
You can guess what happened. They munched my cash within 20 minutes of browsing (just locating the file) and downloading (the main thing). In the end, I got less than the file size as value for my subscription.
That was just one of many ugly experiences with Airtel. I've had very similar experiences with Etisalat too.
With Glo, I get almost the full value for my subscription (considering both upstream and downstream data transfer).
All the tests were done on 3G networks.
You're likely thinking what I think about the two Trojan networks.
My suggestion is this: carry out well-controlled, accurate tests on their data quality. Repeat the tests on different devices and check whether the inconsistencies show any pattern. If it's what we suspect, report to the customer care center and demand a balance.
If they fail to comply, report to the NCC.

Hmm! Okay.
Re: Why Does Airtel Data Drain So Quickly? by kay29000(m): 7:33am On Feb 18, 2016
Afam4eva:
I've noticed the same thing with Etisalat data plans. It could be because the server speed is usually fast, so you won't notice how much you're using.

Hmm!
Re: Why Does Airtel Data Drain So Quickly? by Onyi2020(m): 11:24pm On Jan 02, 2020
I have about 700MB of AIRTEL data sub. Within mins of ordinary browsing they alerted me that my data balance remains 100mb, within 3mins again, I saw another message that my data balance is 50MB. Please what can be wrong?
Re: Why Does Airtel Data Drain So Quickly? by eliok(m): 11:03am On Jan 03, 2020
Airtel has towed the path of mtn. I noticed same thing cos I recharge everyday.

This exact same thing made me leave mtn.

Zapping of data. Mtn hasn't stopped

Airtel has joined them.

Now you guys has confirmed etisalat

Only glo be oga. Now.

Leave the network if you can. I have five airtel sims. None is working for now.

I will keep watching out for new operators. Until ...

Thanks . leave airtel and never plan to return there.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Airtel Data Drain So Quickly? by kay29000(m): 10:40pm On Jan 14, 2020
Onyi2020:
I have about 700MB of AIRTEL data sub. Within mins of ordinary browsing they alerted me that my data balance remains 100mb, within 3mins again, I saw another message that my data balance is 50MB. Please what can be wrong?

grin grin

That zapping is too fast. Maybe something was downloading in the background that you didn't know about. Or maybe you were on Instagram watching videos...those Instagram videos zap a lot of data. Instagram generally zaps data.
Re: Why Does Airtel Data Drain So Quickly? by kay29000(m): 10:41pm On Jan 14, 2020
eliok:
Airtel has towed the path of mtn. I noticed same thing cos I recharge everyday.

This exact same thing made me leave mtn.

Zapping of data. Mtn hasn't stopped

Airtel has joined them.

Now you guys has confirmed etisalat

Only glo be oga. Now.

Leave the network if you can. I have five airtel sims. None is working for now.

I will keep watching out for new operators. Until ...

Thanks . leave airtel and never plan to return there.

I alternate between Glo and Airtel now. Glo doesn't zap data, but their network can be crappy sometimes, so I switch to Airtel in those times.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Airtel Data Drain So Quickly? by eliok(m): 12:34am On Jan 15, 2020
kay29000:

I alternate between Glo and Airtel now. Glo doesn't zap data, but their network can be crappy sometimes, so I switch to Airtel in those times.
OK fine.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Airtel Data Drain So Quickly? by kem12jez: 5:49pm On May 19, 2020
hmmm i tot i was the only one experiencing these with airtel normally i do sub 1500 which will last for a month now am loading 3k still doesnt last a month maybe I'll switch to glo hopefully they'll be better
Re: Why Does Airtel Data Drain So Quickly? by Raxxye(m): 9:37pm On May 19, 2020
My brother, I tire for Airtel!

1 Like

Re: Why Does Airtel Data Drain So Quickly? by kay29000(m): 3:28pm On May 27, 2020
If not that GLO network is not good in my area, I will just stick with Glo. Airtel data zapping is something else.
Re: Why Does Airtel Data Drain So Quickly? by care4jat(m): 12:57am On Sep 30, 2020
Haaaa airtel. I did 2k for 4.5gb today after 20 mins I'm having just 16gb .....pls how do one rectify that.....it's really annoying
Re: Why Does Airtel Data Drain So Quickly? by oneclot: 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2022
Afam4eva:

Wrong! They've programmed it to exhaust faster.
Re: Why Does Airtel Data Drain So Quickly? by oneclot: 5:23pm On Jan 22, 2022
kay29000:

grin grin

That zapping is too fast. Maybe something was downloading in the background that you didn't know about. Or maybe you were on Instagram watching videos...those Instagram videos zap a lot of data. Instagram generally zaps data.

Nothing was downloading in the background. Airtel zaps. It has happened to me uncountable times.
Mtn seems to have receded on their data zapping.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money On Blogging And Start Online Business. / Creating Complex / Advanced Search Forms With Sql Queries In Dreamweaver / Difference Between .tv And .com Plus Few Other Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.