Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,711 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! (11745 Views)

See What A Nigerian Prison In Kaduna Looks Like (photos) / Gowon's Son JackMusa Released From Prison In U.S / So Skinny! See What Obasanjo Looks Like After Being Released From Prison In 1998 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by ScanLess: 3:42pm On Jul 09, 2009
thank you Sam Mila
Sauron is probably one of those kids sent to UK with looted funds otherwise he wouldn't be defending UK and looter the way he does. what goes around comes around, if UK considers illegal Nigerian immigrants a problem let them know that is the product of their greedy imperialism in Nigeria. if they want to hunt down criminals they certainly will. i refer to the Umaru Dikko case again, somebody is wanted by his home country to face charges for stealing and you prevent him from being taken back , then you come now to talk nonsense! .Corrupt Nigeria is a product of British imperialism take it or leave it !. look at their flag company here; Shell , what are they doing?, they mess the environment up with oil spills and gas flares and when the community complains they go give money to the chief, instead of cleaning up the spill. the chief then buys hummer and builds mansions and uses the rest to buy arms for his thugs, who go back to kidnap their workers so that more money will come out. all these while they; Shell do nothing about the mess, while there are Nigerian professionals they can give the job they wont , b/c they want a cheap cop out. Look all these things happening now are nothing but Judgment on the wicked.
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by ban1(m): 3:46pm On Jul 09, 2009
£1M can not get u a flat in London victoria or kensington. The uk government is trying all its best to get rid of prisoners at the cheapest possible price but d only obstruction they respect is the human right. Human right has been deported from Nigeria in d 90s.
Let them take care of them. They cant tell any eu member that rubbish. If we accept dis, they 'd change our law forever and the next generation will suffer. How? The next generation will have no human right in the uk talk less of getting a lawyer. We will run this prison alone and they wont care how many prisoners are deported monthly. The money cannot pay prison staffs in d uk for 2 years. Enjoy ur ps3 at home men.
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by presido1: 3:48pm On Jul 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

When Arisekola shipped 13 kids to the UK in 1996 to study, how much do you think he paid for all of em.
Mind u, they all went to top schools like Imperial College, UMIST, Oxford, etc. . . . .
What do you think the bill woulda amounted to? Of course, they know there are rich Nigerians and that is the reason it's a difficult task distinguishing the criminals from the genuine ones.
He will wire the fund to the school account not his or 13 kids. Moreover he don't need to pay for the duration of the programme at once. In this case we are talking of somebody with 2milla in cash or found on his house.

Isn't that the case? After criminals complete their punishment, they get deported but these days. . . .the issue of human rights is now in the equation. U cannot send a criminal to his death in the name of punishing him.Nigerians lie that they would get killed if sent to Nigeria.
If the highlighted is the case as you stated why then do they have to build prison. I don't understand. Let the punishment for illegal criminals be deportation if you can't/don't have a prison space for them.

U are not getting this. . . . .
A Nigerian criminal sent to 5 years in the UK will serve 5 years in Nigeria.If he had spent some years in the UK, he will complete the remainder in Nigeria.
What if the offence is not a jailable offence in Nigeria or the jail term is less/more. Its injustice again to have two people in the same prison that committed the same offence but don't have the same jail term while serving in the same jail. Unless the jail they will build is only for criminals deported from UK. If that is the case our sovereignty is being messed with.

Another question is who maintains the prison and the inmate? If the prison is handed to the Nigerian authorities it will look like others in a couple years if not months. Housing them in a posh prison isn't all about protecting their human right and it won't stop prison office from abusing/torturing them. They can as well be starved as they won't eat the prison and the facilities inside.

hackney:

Who doesn't know them? look at this man.
Don't you know your governors ,senators and president?
You can also expose them or do you want me to tackle them to the floor?
There is a very big diff here. We only speculate that so so and so is corrupt/loot the treasury. In your case you were approached with the proposal which you happen to be the chief executioner had it been you accepted.
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by Beaf: 3:50pm On Jul 09, 2009
If these guys are illegal, how can anyone say with certainty that they are Nigerian? What proof?

Let UK sort their issue's and not offload criminals on us for a miserable 1 million pounds. These folk most likely became criminals in the UK (na condition make crayfish back bend). Who be fool?

Want to do stupid things? Maybe we should accept the one milla and use it for police "rebranding", afterall those boys are very hungry.
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by muhsin(m): 3:52pm On Jul 09, 2009
It's gonna be better than our present ones.
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by Sauron1: 3:57pm On Jul 09, 2009
ScanLess:

thank you Sam Mila
Sauron is probably one of those kids sent to UK with looted funds otherwise he wouldn't be defending UK and looter the way he does.

Where is your evidence? grin grin grin grin
I shall not tolerate any form of slander without proof.

what goes around comes around, if UK considers illegal Nigerian immigrants a problem let them know that is the product of their greedy imperialism in Nigeria. if they want to hunt down criminals they certainly will.

Nigerians are not the only set of people the Brits colonised. . . . .Why are we giving em the biggest problem?
Ghana, Kenya, Egypt, etc don't get the kind of negative news Nigerians get.
Why are we so blind to address ourselves before pointing fingers. I thunk Charity begins at home, no?

i refer to the Umaru Dikko case again, somebody is wanted by his home country to face charges for stealing and you prevent him from being taken back , then you come now to talk nonsense! .Corrupt Nigeria is a product of British imperialism take it or leave it !

The concept of "asylum" clearly evades you.
Didn't Nigeria grant Charles Taylor the same asylum when Liberians were looking for him?
Did Saudi Arabia give up Idi-Amin after he murdered thousands of people in Uganda?

. look at their flag company here; Shell , what are they doing?, they mess the environment up with oil spills and gas flares and when the community complains they go give money to the chief, instead of cleaning up the spill. the chief then buys hummer and builds mansions and uses the rest to buy arms for his thugs, who go back to kidnap their workers so that more money will come out. all these while they; Shell do nothing about the mess, while there are Nigerian professionals they can give the job they wont , b/c they want a cheap cop out. Look all these things happening now are nothing but Judgment on the wicked.

Nigeria is not the only oil field in the world. . . . .Azerbaijan are worse than Nigeria as far as development is concerned but you would never hear SHELL messing them up. Why is Nigeria the only country suffering from this problem? Blame the people not the companies.
The problem lies with us, not with SHELL.
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by walata44(m): 4:05pm On Jul 09, 2009
In order to catch a monkey, apparently one have to act and be like a monkey

I wonder who is the monkey here, Nigeria government that can not humanely house her criminal or the the British government that want to help, even though they are trying to save money by sending prisoner back to their various country.
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by Beaf: 4:16pm On Jul 09, 2009
When foreigners commit crimes in Nigeria, we are very happy to jail them. The only exceptions are when their embassies fight for them because dem know say for kirikiri khaki no be leda.

If you define the crime, you define and excecute the punishment; otherwise save the one million and change the law. It isn't 9jas problem to take care of people found to be criminals by UK law. Who be fool?
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by ScanLess: 4:45pm On Jul 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Where is your evidence? grin grin grin grin
I shall not tolerate any form of slander without proof.

ol'boy the way you are smiling shows i've really blown your cover  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nigerians are not the only set of people the Brits colonised. . . . .Why are we giving em the biggest problem?
Ghana, Kenya, Egypt, etc don't get the kind of negative news Nigerians get.
Why are we so blind to address ourselves before pointing fingers. I thunk Charity begins at home, no?
The concept of "asylum" clearly evades you.
Didn't Nigeria grant Charles Taylor the same asylum when Liberians were looking for him?
Did Saudi Arabia give up Idi-Amin after he murdered thousands of people in Uganda?

because any time somebody with righteous fire in his blood rises to take radical action that will bring back sanity to the system ,like it was done in Ghana, they oppose it. did they stop Rawlings wiping out those crooked politicians of Ghana? why did they say Nzeogwu's coup was Igbo quest for domination ? thereby discrediting an honest attempt to clean up Nigeria. 4K assylum a criminal is a criminal, so why are they now not ready to give the same assylum to illegal immigrants claiming Human Rights, b/c what is good for the vampire politicians is not good for the oppressed massses eh kwa

Nigeria is not the only oil field in the world. . . . .Azerbaijan are worse than Nigeria as far as development is concerned but you would never hear SHELL messing them up. Why is Nigeria the only country suffering from this problem? Blame the people not the companies.
The problem lies with us, not with SHELL.

so we should wait till the problem gets to Azerbaijan level , i can now see how much you love this Nigeria shocked which people do you want me to blame pls, the oppressed impoverished fisherman and hoe totting  farmer that doesn't know why he is suffering what he is suffering?, can Shell do what they are doing here in the West? yet they claim to be civilized people with conscience when they can't live above board. may God punish all of you guys sitting down in London and enjoying looted funds from Nigeria !
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by SamMilla1(m): 5:01pm On Jul 09, 2009
Well mr sauron

In the context of the issue at hand ?

Can Britain suggest something like this to CHINA OR INDIA?
I am sure they have more Chinese and  Indian Prisoners than Nigerians.
They are simply insulting us because they imposed illiterate Leaders on us and sit back to command them.

We worship them when they come to our land and they abuse us when we go to theirs ,
As if we are animals. Isnt the the same Brits that Governed the blacks of Australia with the same laws accorded to Animals and Flowers until 1969. Do you need references? How much have they paid for that?

When exactly did the brits have the interest of Igbos and Yorubas at heart
Because i believe the proposed prison will be for this two tribes.
Which of course will make the Northerners to jump all over the plan without care.
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by Sauron1: 5:10pm On Jul 09, 2009
Sam Milla:

Well mr sauron
In the context of the issue at hand ?
Can Britain suggest something like this to CHINA OR INDIA?
I am sure they have more Chinese and  Indian Prisoners than Nigerians.
They are simply insulting us because they imposed illiterate Leaders on us and sit back to command them.

There are more Nigerian criminals in the UK prison system and contrary to what you think, they do deport all nationalities.
Why should they pick only Nigerians to hate? It does not make sense.
They are suggesting this method because their prisons are overcrowded with thousands of Nigerians who have finished their prison sentences but refuse to go back to Nigeria even when the court ruled they should be deported.

We worship them when they come to our land and they abuse us when we go to theirs ,
As if we are animals. Isnt the the same Brits that Governed the blacks of Australia with the same laws accorded to Animals and Flowers until 1969. Do you need references? How much have they paid for that?

I am not here to defend the Brits. . . . .They have their own short-comings.
All i am saying is we should stop blaming others for our own irresponsibility.

When exactly did the brits have the interest of Igbos and Yorubas at heart
Because i believe the proposed prison will be for this two tribes.
Which of course will make the Northerners to jump all over the plan without care.

They brought Christianity to the East. . . . .Civilisation to the West.
Need i say more?

ScanLess:

ol'boy the way you are smiling shows i've really blown your cover  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Show us your evidence. grin

because any time somebody with righteous fire in his blood rises to take radical action that will bring back sanity to the system ,like it was done in Ghana, they oppose it. did they stop Rawlings wiping out those crooked politicians of Ghana? why did they say Nzeogwu's coup was Igbo quest for domination ? thereby discrediting an honest attempt to clean up Nigeria. 4K assylum a criminal is a criminal, so why are they now not ready to give the same assylum to illegal immigrants claiming Human Rights, b/c what is good for the vampire politicians is not good for the oppressed massses eh kwa

Genuine asylum seekers don't get deported. . . . . .Check your facts.
The UK go as far as settling em down with various benefits(things they have never enjoyed in their lives).

What has the UK done to stop the MEND, MASSOB and the other radical groups in Nigeria?
How is it their business? A man has to clean up his acts first before anyone would give him a helping hand.
Nigeria is a failed state and we as Nigerians should take full responsibility for it. We should stop blaming others for our inefficiency.

so we should wait till the problem gets to Azerbaijan level , i can now see how much you love this Nigeria shocked which people do you want me to blame pls, the oppressed impoverished fisherman and hoe totting  farmer that doesn't know why he is suffering what he is suffering?, can Shell do what they are doing here in the West? yet they claim to be civilized people with conscience when they can't live above board. may God punish all of you guys sitting down in London and enjoying looted funds from Nigeria !

Things will never get as messy as Nigeria in Azerbaijan cos they are responsible.

They don't have Chiefs and Politicians taking the funds needed to clean spillage and acquiring it for their own personal interest.
When there's a spillage, the so called Chiefs approach SHELL. . . . .take money from them and do nothing to clean the spillage.
Whose fault is that? We are a nation of greedy and self-centred people. If Nigerians treat their neighbours like animals, foreigners would treat em like dog's poop.
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by Fhemmmy: 5:13pm On Jul 09, 2009
I think they are just tired of Nigerians in their jails and want to have them serve their terms in Nigeria.
I wont be surprised to see the jail becoming affordable housing by people intentionally commiting crime cos they wanna watch the devil play soccers on the Plasma TV, and cos they wanna hit the gym and sleep on nice bed, cos some homes in Lagos are worse than the jails in UK.
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by Sauron1: 5:15pm On Jul 09, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I think they are just tired of Nigerians in their jails and want to have them serve their terms in Nigeria.
I wont be surprised to see the jail becoming affordable housing by people intentionally commiting crime cos they wanna watch the devil play soccers on the Plasma TV, and cos they wanna hit the gym and sleep on nice bed, cos some homes in Lagos are worse than the jails in UK.

Homeless people do that here every winter.
They go shop-lifting, resist arrest so they can spend at least 3 months in Jail.
3 square meals(Fried chicken, bread, milk, eggs, and fruits) SKY TV, PS3, Snooker, Gym facilities, Library, etc. . . . . .It's tempting. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by congoshine(m): 5:21pm On Jul 09, 2009
Sauron,
You have said so many things since i last posted I don't know where to start.

1stly you must admit like someone said you are slightly biased in you opinion. . . . .

2ndly,when I refer to moneylaundering,I am mainly referring to government officials,also school fees is just an little fraction of what we're talking about,when a civil servant or LG councillor,or governor;whose annual income is under N4m, coughs out $300,000 to purchase a house in Luton,I expect any reasonable govt to raise eyebrows.

Right now you can't buy an EPL team without going thru due diligence so what are we talking about.

This plan is crap,& has nothing in it for the average Nigerian. . . . . its colonialism revisited.

If they are really concerned ,they should fix ALL nigerian prisons & build 3 or 4 more so that we have an effective prison system . . . . then & only then can the extradition treaty & human rights concerns be addressed.
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by SamMilla1(m): 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2009
They brought Christianity to the East. . . . .Civilisation to the West.
Need i say more?

And so ,

What are you saying?
That they gave us Key to Heaven or what?
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by Sauron1: 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2009
congoshine:

Sauron,
You have said so many things since i last posted I don't know where to start.

Take your time. grin

1stly you must admit like someone said you are slightly biased in you opinion. . . . .

Biased? How so?

2ndly,when I refer to moneylaundering,I am mainly referring to government officials,also school fees is just an little fraction of what we're talking about,when a civil servant or LG councillor,or governor;whose annual income is under N4m, coughs out $300,000 to purchase a house in Luton,I expect any reasonable govt to raise eyebrows.

How do you expect the British authority to know how much a LG councillor makes per annum?
Letz even say they raise eyebrows, these Nigerian criminals always provide proof of income with various non-existent organisations.
It could be a pure water company or a brick-making company in Zaria. If u don't have enough proof to ascertain the funds were stolen or looted, what can you do?

Right now you can't buy an EPL team without going thru due diligence so what are we talking about.

Buying an EPL team is a different ball game.
We are talking about hundreds of millions of pounds.

This plan is crap,& has nothing in it for the average Nigerian. . . . . its colonialism revisited.

It is not expected to help Nigerians.
They are helping themselves due to the overcrowding in their Prison system.
The UK are only transferring Nigerian lags to Lagos so that the excuses of the issue of human rights can be sorted once and for all.

If they are really concerned ,they should fix ALL nigerian prisons & build 3 or 4 more so that we have an effective prison system . . . . then & only then can the extradition treaty & human rights concerns be addressed.

The UK should fix our prison system?
Why did we go independent then?
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by Fhemmmy: 5:33pm On Jul 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

They go shop-lifting, resist arrest so they can spend at least 3 months in Jail.
3 square meals(Fried chicken, bread, milk, eggs, and fruits) SKY TV, PS3, Snooker, Gym facilities, Library, etc. . . . . .It's tempting. grin grin grin grin grin

Then Nigerians get ready, free all year round roof on ya heads and food and gyms too and free medical attention
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 09, 2009
@Congoshine

It is the sole responsibility of the nigerian government to ensure there is an effective prison system in nigeria.

The point about money laundering activities is that corrupt officials use front men to launder their ill gotten gains for them.
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by ayobase(m): 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2009
hmmmm!
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by Sauron1: 5:40pm On Jul 09, 2009
tensor777:

@Congoshine

It is the sole responsibility of the nigerian government to ensure there is an effective prison system in nigeria.

The point about money laundering activities is that corrupt officials use front men to launder their ill gotten gains for them.

I don't know why he fails to understand this simple tactics used by corrupt politicians.
They have fronts everywhere. . . . .They send people from Nigeria to come help em deposit funds in UK banks with false names.
How are u going to trace Ben Johnson's HSBC account to Segun Obasanjo?
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by congoshine(m): 5:42pm On Jul 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Biased? How so?

Cos u’re probably one of those Nigerians with a british passport who haven’t experience poverty before. . . .
~Sauron~:

How do you expect the British authority to know how much a LG councillor makes per annum?
Letz even say they raise eyebrows, these Nigerian criminals always provide proof of income with various non-existent organisations.
It could be a pure water company or a brick-making company in Zaria. If u don't have enough proof to ascertain the funds were stolen or looted, what can you do?

Well you need to do your research more on UK anti-money laundering laws & the attendant penalties + legal jeopardies.
~Sauron~:

Buying an EPL team is a different ball game.
We are talking about hundreds of millions of pounds.

How dare you say that !!!!
We are talking about the lives & well being of millions of Nigerians. . .  . . education, health care, good roads, how can you opine that the scrutiny associated with a form of entertainment shouldn’t apply to possible leaks of a whole country’s income!!!!!
~Sauron~:

It is not expected to help Nigerians.
They are helping themselves due to the overcrowding in their Prison system.
The UK are only transferring Nigerian lags to Lagos so that the excuses of the issue of human rights can be sorted once and for all.
The UK should fix our prison system?
Why did we go independent then?

Very good ! So the UK is doing what is good for the UK  ,Nigeria should also do what is good for Nigeria
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by congoshine(m): 5:46pm On Jul 09, 2009
tensor777:

@Congoshine
So why is the UK trying to build a prison in Nigeria??
tensor777:

~Sauron~:

I don't know why he fails to understand this simple tactics used by corrupt politicians.
They have fronts everywhere. . . . .They send people from Nigeria to come help em deposit funds in UK banks with false names.
How are u going to trace Ben Johnson's HSBC account to Segun Obasanjo?
Very simple,Ben Johnson should prove how he came across 200,000 pounds whn the highest balance he ever had was 2,000 pounds. pls stop underestimating the abilities of regulators,how else could they have traced Al Qaeda,Saddam & Mugabe's assets?? They(UK) enjoy the interest free deposits & investments. . . . . thats the real story !
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by Sauron1: 5:50pm On Jul 09, 2009
congoshine:

Ben Johnson should prove how he came across 200,000 pounds whn the highest balance he ever had was 2,00 pounds. pls stop underestimating the abilities of regulators,how else could they have traced Al Qaeda,Saddam & Mugabe's assets?? They enjoy the interest free deposits & investments. . . . . thats the real story !

His 200,000 pounds coulda been his inheritance in Nigeria.
There are various ways a criminal can claim 200,000 pounds.

Tracing Saddam and Al Qaeda is a top priority, it endangers the populace.
Fraud or money-laundering does not endanger Britons. . . . .So it is the 10th priority on their list.

If the Nigerian law enforcements cannot stop their corrupt officials stealing money, i fail to understand how Brits can stop em effectively.
U must think the stolen funds have MONEY LAUNDERING inscribed on em.

congoshine:

Cos u’re probably one of those Nigerians with a british passport who haven’t experience poverty before. . . .

Says who?
I used to be a bus conductor from Ikeja to Broad Street. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
In Yaba, people would tell you they know me, look at this man. grin grin grin grin

Well you need to do your research more on UK anti-money laundering laws & the attendant penalties + legal jeopardies.

I know everything there is to know on anti-money laundering schitzo.
Our people are too smart to be caught. Are u even aware they now use the millions to buy expensive jewelries instead of transporting cash?
Siddon dere. cheesy

How dare you say that !!!!
We are talking about the lives & well being of millions of Nigerians. . .  . . education, health care, good roads, how can you opine that the scrutiny associated with a form of entertainment shouldn’t apply to possible leaks of a whole country’s income!!!!!

It is difficult to PROVE.
There are genuine business men who worked for their money as well.
How do u tell which is which?

Very good ! So the UK is doing what is good for the UK  ,Nigeria should also do what is good for Nigeria

U must be very intelligent. cheesy
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by ScanLess: 5:54pm On Jul 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

thats what we are talking about, this scheme will only cause more crime in Nigeria, i said they should put them to work , imagine some one having to commit crime in order to get accomodation and free food in jail. it sucks . why not use that money and make peoples lives better at the other end.when those guys where in the street what does govt do for them? INSIST ON GOOD GOVERNACE IN PRACTICE NOT THEORY !!, in Nigeria and they wont have this kind of problem, rather they connive with politicians to loot the nation dry.
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by Sauron1: 5:58pm On Jul 09, 2009
ScanLess:

thats what we are talking about, this scheme will only cause more crime in Nigeria, i said they should put them to work , imagine some one having to commit crime in order to get accomodation and free food in jail. it sucks . why not use that money and make peoples lives better at the other end.when those guys where in the street what does govt do for them? INSIST ON GOOD GOVERNACE IN PRACTICE NOT THEORY !!, in Nigeria and they wont have this kind of problem, rather they connive with politicians to loot the nation dry.

Don't get things mixed up. . . . .

This Prison will only serve Nigerian criminals caught in the UK.
Nigerian Criminals in Nigeria will still enjoy their holiday in Kirikiri and Alagbon prisons.
The scheme is conceived to serve Nigerians who refuse to go back to Nigeria based on infringement of their human rights.
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by Fhemmmy: 6:04pm On Jul 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Don't get things mixed up. . . . .

This Prison will only serve Nigerian criminals caught in the UK.
Nigerian Criminals in Nigeria will still enjoy their holiday in Kirikiri and Alagbon prisons.
The scheme is conceived to serve Nigerians who refuse to go back to Nigeria based on infringement of their human rights.
I am sure there will be a riot, that is not fair. Now all the thugs are are singing joyful song for a free home will be disappointed.
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by JustGood(m): 6:06pm On Jul 09, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I am sure there will be a riot, that is not fair. Now all the thugs are are singing joyful song for a free home will be disappointed.

grin
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by ScanLess: 6:11pm On Jul 09, 2009
Sauron listen
UK is operating on double standards,  they should give those people assylum if they are giving assylum to corrupt politicians, simple!! , pls answer this , who is a bigger offender ? the illegal immigrant or a vampire wanted for embezzling public funds? who?,
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by congoshine(m): 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Tracing Saddam and Al Qaeda is a top priority, it endangers the populace.
Fraud or money-laundering does not endanger Britons. . . . .So it is the 10th priority on their list.
Precisely my point. .  . . . . . . . . our concerns aren’t their priorities, so their ‘prison idea’ shouldn’t ours either !
~Sauron~:

If the Nigerian law enforcements cannot stop their corrupt officials stealing money, i fail to understand how Brits can stop em effectively.
U must think the stolen funds have MONEY LAUNDERING inscribed on em.
Exactly the reason we all cheered Nuhu Ribadu. . . . .  . the Brits are culpable  becos they are deliberately negligent, therefore the social fallouts of these (Nigerian illegals & criminals in the UK) should remain their problem,not ours !
Until they begin to appreciate the link between corruption,money laundering & their social problems & act accordingly they should build more prisons in their country !

I must also state that the US & Germany are more serious in this regard,as they review accounts of their companies & penalise them accordingly(Haliburton,Siemens etc) like someone said,what happened to Shell?? (today Shell became the 1st non-Us company in a while  to top the Forbes Top 500 revenue list )

~Sauron~:

I know everything there is to know on anti-money laundering schitzo.

O no you don’t !

~Sauron~:

U must be very intelligent. cheesy
Don’t patronise me my friend !
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2009
:p
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by Sauron1: 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2009
congoshine:

Precisely my point. .  . . . . . . . . our concerns aren’t their priorities, so their ‘prison idea’ shouldn’t ours either !

For all you know, Nigerian Politicians woulda sanctioned the move.
They will take the 300 milla and build a less-standard Prison system.
The Brits cannot guarantee 24-hour supply of electricity Prisoners enjoy in the UK so that is an avenue for Naija politicians to make some money.

Exactly the reason we all cheered Nuhu Ribadu. . . . .  . the Brits are culpable  becos they are deliberately negligent, therefore the social fallouts of these (Nigerian illegals & criminals in the UK) should remain their problem,not ours !

How are they culpable. . . . . .If the system in Nigeria is working well, there wouldn't be a massive influx of migrants.
There was a time 1GBP was 1 Naira. Do people run to the UK and live like paupers in em days?
Stop blaming the Brits for our own irresponsibility.

Until they begin to appreciate the link between corruption,money laundering & their social problems & act accordingly they should build more prisons in their country !

I laugh in Swahili. . . . . . .
The General Comptroller of Nigerian Prisons is probably smiling already.
Another goldmine on his table. grin

I must also state that the US & Germany are more serious in this regard,as they review accounts of their companies & penalise them accordingly(Haliburton,Siemens etc) like someone said,what happened to Shell?? (today Shell became the 1st non-Us company in a while  to top the Forbes Top 500 revenue list )

How is this relevant.

O no you don’t !
Don’t patronise me my friend !

Don't take it personal. grin

ScanLess:

Sauron listen
UK is operating on double standards,  they should give those people assylum

I fail to understand this.
Firstly, u have to seek asylum before you can be granted one.
Besides, when a foreigner bags a Prison sentence more than 2 years(the Judge usually sanction his deportation order).
Such criminals are the ones the UK are sending back to Nigeria to complete their Prison sentences.

if they are giving assylum to corrupt politicians, simple!! , pls answer this , who is a bigger offender ? the illegal immigrant or a vampire wanted for embezzling public funds? who?,

Corrupt politicians are yet to be found GUILTY by the Nigerian Courts. . . .They are innocent until they are proven GUILTY.
An illegal immigrant is GUILTY once caught.
Re: Uk To Build N300m Prison In Nigeria ! by k9ine(m): 6:32pm On Jul 09, 2009
Britons will never stop being Britins.

They, up to this moment, are still holding the works of Art and Tradition  siezed from the Great Benin Empire during thier invasion (1890's) of the kingdom ( where they deported oba Ovonranwen to Calabar).

They, to this moment, still have in circulation/banking system monies stolen by greedy Nigerians and deposited there.

Sey them be wan try and jail Alameyeseigha and Ibori

Y e com be say, wen e reach comon criminals own, dem wan pak dem com Naija?

Na God go save us from dier jupiti ( tricks)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Audit Exposes Massive Corruption In Lagos Local Councils; / I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister / Restructuring Nigeria Is Possible - Balarabe Musa Replies Gowon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.