Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos (37617 Views)

NAFDAC Shuts Down Krispy Kreme Doughnuts For Using Expired Raw Materials / PAUL ORHII: A Spark Of Hope In The Vale Of Tears? / Man Who Produces Fake Peak Milk In Calabar Arrested By NAFDAC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by GidiParrot: 11:58am On Feb 18, 2016
Following the directive by Nigeria's Central Government for Heads of over 20 Federal Agencies to handover, former Director General of the country's Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control or NAFDAC, Dr. Paul Botwev Orhii handed over Wednesday in an emotional ceremony.
King James Yiye who was at the Agency's Headquarters in Abuja reports...

Dr. Paul Orhii who arrived Abuja from Lagos this morning immediately went in to brief
NAFDAC's Director of Administration and Human Resources Mrs. Yetunde Oni, whom he later handed over to in acting capacity.

Shortly after the briefing, Dr. Orhii came down to meet the rest of NAFDAC's staff waiting outside in spite of the scorching sun to hear from him for the last time as their Director General.

In his short and touching speech, Dr. Orhii said he was very grateful to the leadership of Nigeria and Nigerians for giving him the unique opportunity to serve his country for 7 years. "Not just the opportunity to serve but to help me make great achievements that are recognized not only within the country but internationally, there is no country you go to and when you mention NAFDAC that somebody will turn their head to look"

He said having served his country under 3 Presidents who have had confidence in him, he was indeed very grateful.
Dr. Orhii paid tribute to Presidents Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, Goodluck Jonathan and Muhamadu Buhari for keeping him on the "very complicated job and very sensitive position" for such a long time.

While trying to illustrate how big the opportunity he has been given was, Dr. Orhii said, out of the over 180 million Nigerians who think they can be better DGs of NAFDAC, if each person was given just a day, that will take 180,000,000 days but he alone was given over 7 years by different leadership to serve on the same position.

"I'm happy I served my country meritoriously and we achieved great results, that's what kept me working...for those of you who were here, it sounds like yesterday, this is the same suit I was wearing, if you can go and watch that video, I decided to wear it today while searching through my wardrobe in Lagos this morning..."
The sad faces missing their boss were relieved and they laughed and applauded Dr. Orhii who naturally is talented to make even those mourning to laugh.

The Future
Like a parting gift, Dr. Paul Orhii advised the staff to take NAFDAC as their main life and build institutions that should outlive them.
"Let nobody tell you that any other person can not do better than me, with your support, they can. If they are standing on our shoulders, they should be able to look further, so they can build on what we have put in place at NAFDAC and should be able to do better, that's the kind of Agency that I want to leave behind, and see in the future...".

The Acting Director General Mrs. Yetunde Oni promised Dr. Orhii that they won't disappoint him, "the assurance you are getting from us all is that, the legacy that you have left behind in terms of all the strategies that you have put in place such that the Agency has continued to record successes, we will build upon, we can not do it on our own, we will continue to solicit your support and your guidance so that together, we will continue to work passionately and rub-off positively on the health of all the Nigerians whose health has been entrusted in our hands".

Practical Results

Former Director of Narcotics and Controlled Substances at NAFDAC Hashim Ubale Yusufu said when Dr. Paul Orhii assumed duty as the Director General of NAFDAC in January 2009, the World Health Organization report released that same year for Nigeria showed the level of counterfeit or failed products at over 40%, but now that Dr. Paul Orhii is leaving NAFDAC, he said, the WHO study on anti malaria shows the level of counterfeit at 3%.

Looking Back

What was different about Dr. Paul Botwev Orhii as the Directorc General of NAFDAC?

Hashim Ubale Yusufu tells me in a full interview which will be published soon. But from what appeared to be first of its kind in Nigeria, Dr. Orhii handed over his staff identification card and all official car keys to Mrs. Oni and later drove away in a black Volkswagen mini van.

http://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2016/02/dr-paul-orhii-leaves-nafdac-in.html

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by Last2comment(m): 11:58am On Feb 18, 2016
Get ready for EFCC visit grin grin

42 Likes

Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by GidiParrot: 11:59am On Feb 18, 2016
Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by Last2comment(m): 12:00pm On Feb 18, 2016

1 Like

Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 18, 2016
the mantle has been passed.now for anuta person to run the race.weldone farewell in ur next endeavous

4 Likes

Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by Kangol99(m): 12:20pm On Feb 18, 2016
k
Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by thefakestan: 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2016
Everyone is getting emotional!

Chai

ThefakeStan

1 Like

Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by humanbeing5th(f): 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2016
watin buhari suppose to face he no face am, na things wey no necessary he dey do,

pls wake me up when $1= 1#

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by condralbede(m): 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2016
Emotional ke,Motion ni !!!

1 Like

Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by eleko1: 12:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
May the soul of Dora Akunyili RIP. EFCC,abeg standby,dnt allow dis Mann to run away like Lamorde sad

7 Likes

Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by NeoDfirst(m): 12:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
Ehya
Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by ibkgab001: 12:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
jusqu'à ce que nous nous revoyions

au revoir
Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by johntaiwo123(m): 12:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
K

Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by sammyj: 12:24pm On Feb 18, 2016
Failure. This man was never active during his tenure, abeg what is emotional about that pleaseeee !!!!

12 Likes

Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by obailala(m): 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2016
Best of luck in your future endeavours!
Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2016
He don chop belleful from kickbacks and contracts inflation.Let new breeds take over.

3 Likes

Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by Pascal181: 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2016
What is emotional abt dat ting? I served dere 4 complete one year and not even thank u did I receive frm them.

8 Likes

Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by sankky: 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2016
NAFDAC went cold under his watch. Now there are fake drugs everywhere. All the past gains of the late madam were lost. We only saw him giving lectures here and there while the fake drug dealers blossomed.
Hope he gets his own share of the probes

10 Likes

Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by kindnyce(m): 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2016
TRUTH BE TOLD,THAT MAN BUILT ON THE SUCCESES OF LATE PROF.DORA
WISH HIM WELL

4 Likes

Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by INTROVERT(f): 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2016
Last2comment:
Get ready for EFCC visit grin grin

I doubt.
Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by emhoonline(m): 12:26pm On Feb 18, 2016
I pray and hope u are free from Efcc wahala
Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by kennyman2000(m): 12:26pm On Feb 18, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by Sunnycliff(m): 12:26pm On Feb 18, 2016
PMB and his hedonistic leadership principle
Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by Emnyte(m): 12:26pm On Feb 18, 2016
You achieved a very great feat mr paul
Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by greatiyk4u(m): 12:26pm On Feb 18, 2016
He is. Gentle man not the other woman that attached tribal sentiment to her disengagement
Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by tyav7: 12:27pm On Feb 18, 2016
Perhaps next Tor Tiv
Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by omowolewa: 12:27pm On Feb 18, 2016
He has tried, hope he didn't eat the yam when the harvet was plenty.

4 Likes

Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by keypad1: 12:27pm On Feb 18, 2016
Abeg do leave dat office jor. Na una dey carry work give una friends and family

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by DeRay98(m): 12:28pm On Feb 18, 2016
Na only him dey cry say him dey comot, not his staff. EFCC should go and see his books, he messed up what Akunyili built owed staff salaries and entitlements, gave Licenses to undeserving companies for money.
I hope he has settled his staff's allowances that he sat on that made them go on strike last Nov/Dec?
Good riddance to Bad rubbish. Just EFCC went to sleep in the last 6yrs, so NAFDAC did.

5 Likes

Re: Dr. Paul Orhii Leaves NAFDAC In An Emotional Ceremony (photos by yungkelz(m): 12:28pm On Feb 18, 2016
vicwebs:
and who his he?
wole soyinka

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive / Nigerian Lady Who Was Injured In Gas Explosion Dies (Graphic Photos) / Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.