Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,198 members, 7,807,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Naira Depreciation : Advice Needed On My Fixed Deposit - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Naira Depreciation : Advice Needed On My Fixed Deposit (1912 Views)

How To Determine Depreciation Rates / Re: New Forex Policy - Depreciation, Not Devaluation? / RMB Exchange Rate Indices Showed Moderate Depreciation In March 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Depreciation : Advice Needed On My Fixed Deposit by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 18, 2016
Hlo friends, we've all noted with dismay, the falling naira, falling reserves and unhealthy state of our economy.
I am worried.
I have a handsome amount in fixed deposit with UBA, pls I would like to know from the more informed friends here if it's wise for me to maintain the fixed account and the implication of a possible devaluation on my money.
PS : Tenor date for my deposit is sometime next week. Thanks.
Re: Naira Depreciation : Advice Needed On My Fixed Deposit by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 18, 2016
Thanks @GENTLECODE
Re: Naira Depreciation : Advice Needed On My Fixed Deposit by Debesther: 4:52pm On Feb 18, 2016
I have a wonderful investment for you,
Not a get rich quick thing.
But it will help revalue ur money not devalue it.
It's do it ur self thing.
Just whatsapp me 08074463525
Email = brightfame009@yahoo.com
Re: Naira Depreciation : Advice Needed On My Fixed Deposit by Amebo123: 7:12pm On Feb 18, 2016
GENTLECODE:
send me a mail to rickcode4u@yahoo.com with the subject: Fixed Deposit Alternative. And I will expose you to other alternative to save your Naira while you can still save it. I was once in your shoes but I have alternative now to my Nigerian Naira.

Please kindly put the alternatives here as a lot of people have the same problem and can benefit from it.

God bless

2 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciation : Advice Needed On My Fixed Deposit by RedCapChief(m): 8:00pm On Feb 18, 2016
IMHO, you should remove the money from that fixed deposit and buy forex or something else. The fall of the naira will erode any gains you may have made on your deposit.

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciation : Advice Needed On My Fixed Deposit by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 18, 2016
Only fraudsters and exploiters send email as a way of communication in an open forum like this. Pls be vigilant. They are here to squeeze unsuspecting public

3 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciation : Advice Needed On My Fixed Deposit by Sanchase: 9:14pm On Feb 18, 2016
Haha "expose you indeed", more like defraud you.

GENTLECODE:
send me a mail to rickcode4u@yahoo.com with the subject: Fixed Deposit Alternative. And I will expose you to other alternative to save your Naira while you can still save it. I was once in your shoes but I have alternative now to my Nigerian Naira.
Re: Naira Depreciation : Advice Needed On My Fixed Deposit by ernie4life(m): 7:20am On Feb 19, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Hlo friends, we've all noted with dismay, the falling naira, falling reserves and unhealthy state of our economy.
I am worried.
I have a handsome amount in fixed deposit with UBA, pls I would like to know from the more informed friends here if it's wise for me to maintain the fixed account and the implication of a possible devaluation on my money.

so long as you are not going to convert your money to dollars I don't think you should be bordered, from the " body language" of the present government I don't think they are ready to devaluate the naira. what you should be looking out for is a better rate or better investment.
for rates most people don't know that investment houses offer better rates than banks, I mean investment house that are well regulated like ARM, first bank capital, Investment-one financial services. for investment I will advise you study mutual funds, there is a thread on it in this section, read all the pages.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciation : Advice Needed On My Fixed Deposit by kalimera101: 4:16pm On Feb 19, 2016
sapiosexual1:
I am worried.

Good day.. I'm looking for an investor and I'm.hoping you'll be interested in my little company...
Please visit
https://www.nairaland.com/2944369/im-looking-serious-investor#43068475 for more details
Re: Naira Depreciation : Advice Needed On My Fixed Deposit by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 21, 2016
Thanks @all, am getting my options sorted out from your advice.
I know forex used to be hot a few years back, is it there as much financial security in it today? Our economy is really volatile, no one knows Mr President's next body language.
Re: Naira Depreciation : Advice Needed On My Fixed Deposit by bigx(m): 9:33am On Feb 21, 2016
I moved all my excess money last year at 340 per pound to my UK acct. I'd rather it waits this confusion out in a stable currency. It's a 50/50 thing though but for me naira exposure is not it currently.

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciation : Advice Needed On My Fixed Deposit by samdavjustin(m): 3:20am On Feb 22, 2016
It's already too late my friend the damage has been done. Now you can stop more bleeding by buying dollars at whatever rate and wait to see what CBN does.
Buhari is still in denial so my guess is naira will climb some more until they devalue naira. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciation : Advice Needed On My Fixed Deposit by Ohonba(m): 2:41pm On Feb 22, 2016
One of the remedies you need is to get a higher rate than you are presently getting from your bank, the Treasury Bill rate is still low, so are rates for fixed deposit, I work in a leasing and financing company... we lease cars to big companies(Oando, Samsung etc) and to finance these.. they do treasury activities... the rates are better than most banks... for more infor email hnb_matthew@yahoo.com. dont place your fund if you are not convinced of the type of business they do with the funds, you are at liberty to ask questions. hope I have not broken any of the rules

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciation : Advice Needed On My Fixed Deposit by bigx(m): 7:10am On Feb 23, 2016
Look at this scenario with investing,

Imagine you had 1million dollars in November, changed it to 220million Naira, invested & got 50% returns in 3 months (N330million), converting back to dollars at yesterday's rate would give you 825,000 dollars. You gained 50% in Naira & still lost 20% in Dollar terms. That's why the foreign investors are running away.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciation : Advice Needed On My Fixed Deposit by Temmy5555: 4:16pm On Feb 23, 2016
why not invest in land/landed property NO circumstances can EVER devalue land's worth instead it keep revaluing. If you wish to invest on land with C of O,you can call the number below or you visit :www.bondbarlimited.com
For inquiry call 07058294820
Re: Naira Depreciation : Advice Needed On My Fixed Deposit by Adigizia: 11:49am On Mar 10, 2018
ernie4life:

so long as you are not going to convert your money to dollars I don't think you should be bordered, from the " body language" of the present government I don't think they are ready to devaluate the naira. what you should be looking out for is a better rate or better investment.
for rates most people don't know that investment houses offer better rates than banks, I mean investment house that are well regulated like ARM, first bank capital, Investment-one financial services. for investment I will advise you study mutual funds, there is a thread on it in this section, read all the pages.
This mutual funds, is it a book or what? If it is, who's the Authur and possibly the most common places to get it please...
Re: Naira Depreciation : Advice Needed On My Fixed Deposit by ernie4life(m): 2:15pm On Mar 10, 2018
Adigizia:
This mutual funds, is it a book or what? If it is, who's the Authur and possibly the most common places to get it please...

This is where to find it

https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds/70#65551899

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: MMM Is Back Unexpected In December / 4% Daily Profit For 60 Days / Buying Land Or Shares Which One Is More Lucrative?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.