Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

4th Mainland Bridge, Now That APC Is In Power Who To Blame? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4th Mainland Bridge, Now That APC Is In Power Who To Blame? (717 Views)

The Proposed 4TH Mainland Bridge & Masterplan In Pictures / Forgive Me When I Said That APC Is An Islamic Party, It Was A Joke –ekwunife / Tunde Bakare Worried That APC Govt Is Finding It Difficult To Bring "Change" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4th Mainland Bridge, Now That APC Is In Power Who To Blame? by KnowAll(m): 12:51pm On Feb 18, 2016
We now have an ex executive Governor as the ministed of works and power. The lies used to be that d federal goverment would not support d construction of such an edifice that would change d landscape and how we travel in Lagos Metropolis.

Today the Tinubu-Fashola-Ambode hagenomy has being in power for 17 years now and still counting nothing has being said or muted about this life changing infrastruture that Lagos critically need otherwise Lagos in d not too distanced future would be d most gridlocked city in d world.

To be sincere, I do sympathasise with Fashola going by d wrantings of our friends in d SE who accused d Bhuari goverment of marginalsing them by given them a paltry 2.9 billion Naira for fixing d deplorable infrastrutures in that zone. People are up in arms accusing d current goverment of being insensitive to the plights and sufferings of millions of Nigerians east of the Niger River, Not withstanding d facts that d most commercial corner of our great country is d SW zone and d number of vechiles plying d Lagos -Ibadan route if a vech8le censor where to be recorded d SW zone would probably have 20 times more vechile than d both NW and d NE and 10 times d vechile traffick volume in d SE and SS.

So what are we saying in excess, why build a 4 lane road going to know-where in d north when her vechile traffic volume is low compared to d SW or d SE. GOING by vechicular traffick volume I personally think d 2016 budget did jusctice to d SW to some extent. I still don't understand d propose Kano -,Katsina dualisation was this project inserted into d budget in other to satisfy Mr President when d SE need a second Niger bridge!

Coming back to d topic at hand 4th Mainland Bridge, with d kind of poltics we play with our critical infrastructure today, this I must say may never see d light of day in d next 100 years, 17 years have gone already so we are down to 83 years more of anguish, sorrow and blood if u live in Lagos.

Finally i give kudos to IBB 4 building d 3rd Mainland bridge d longest bridge in Africa today, despite all d negatives of that regime, this bridge did at least for posterity put a critical infrastrure on d ground. If IBB played poltics with this infrastruture Lagos and Nigeria at large would have being robbed off this critical infrastru ture. We must commend his audaciosness for not allowing parachoial sentiments blind his eyes.

If IBB did not build this bridge, d only way Lagosians in mainland would be able to get to d island would have still being through d Carter and Eko bridge. Can u imagine a lagos without 3rd Mainland bridge, to say d least it would be hell on earth.

Thanks and kudos to IBB for saving us in Lagos State.
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge, Now That APC Is In Power Who To Blame? by Oladimejy(m): 12:55pm On Feb 18, 2016
If u ask me na who i go ask
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge, Now That APC Is In Power Who To Blame? by chriskosherbal(m): 12:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
All we crave for is development.
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge, Now That APC Is In Power Who To Blame? by praxisnetworks: 1:01pm On Feb 18, 2016
GEJ

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge, Now That APC Is In Power Who To Blame? by omowolewa: 1:04pm On Feb 18, 2016
Who get Ambode's number?

The light rail project is still there begging for funds, we still wan enter another white-elephant project.
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge, Now That APC Is In Power Who To Blame? by KnowAll(m): 1:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
Politics of our zone need this or that would stall meaningful development above board. There are loopsided developments across d polity. I know four sure if Fashola has his way he will let this critical infrastuture see d light of day. But u and i know it is not his calling. The bulk stops at PMB table and the President calls d shot in Naija.
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge, Now That APC Is In Power Who To Blame? by KnowAll(m): 1:13pm On Feb 18, 2016
I remember serving in katsina state. Camp was at Malumfashi, once a car drive past it would take about 45 miniutes for next car to drive past yet we want to build a brand new dualised road between kano -kastina. Na wah oh undecided
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge, Now That APC Is In Power Who To Blame? by zurine(f): 2:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
wow

(1) (Reply)

Who Exactly Should Be The Go-to Person In The Present Economic Quagmire? / Pics: Sports Minister Meets Former Head Of State, Yakubu Gowon / Senator Jummai Alhassan Intervenes In Ese’s Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.