Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? (6374 Views)

Poll: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays?

yes: 81% (13 votes)
no there's nothing like true love now: 18% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Do Virgin Men Still Exist?? / Photo: Do Guys Like This Still Exist? / Love Still Exist In Nigerian Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by sexyLeamon(f): 5:43am On Jul 09, 2009
The concept of true love is what we search for all our lives. What people really want more than anything else is to be loved unconditionally, to be accepted for who we are, and still be loved. Today's world is a materialistic world
where love does not carry much significance compared to gifts and money. in these days and times does anyone believe true love still exists?
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by Nikky23: 5:49am On Jul 09, 2009
I believe it does but very very very rare, the one that endures during worst times.
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by nguage(m): 5:49am On Jul 09, 2009
sexyLeamon:

The concept of true love is what we search for all our lives.

Maybe we're doing it wrong. Maybe we shouldn't search for true love, maybe it will always come to us if we deserve it.
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by Nikky23: 5:51am On Jul 09, 2009
n-guage:

Maybe we're doing it wrong. Maybe we shouldn't search for true love, maybe it will always come to us if we deserve it.

Agree with that. It feels more natural and best when we least expect it and it comes/happen to us.
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by sexyLeamon(f): 5:53am On Jul 09, 2009
n-guage:

true,but the question is,do you believe in it's existence?
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by nguage(m): 6:01am On Jul 09, 2009
sexyLeamon:

true,but the question is,do you believe in it's existence?

I very much believe in it's existence.

But as I always say, there's two types of love. There is the type that you should have for everyone, regardless of their color, beliefs, and how they feel towards you. This love I call one love. It is the number one fruit of the spirit in the bible and many other religions talk about it.

Then there is the second type of love, it should be given to only one person.

To deserve and get the second type, you need the first one.
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by Godmother(f): 7:37am On Jul 09, 2009
Nikky23:

I believe it does but very very very rare, the one that endures during worst times.

So rare that it almost doesnt exist. And that's in foreign countries. There is no love in Nigeria, how much more true love
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by tommy2k2(m): 9:51am On Jul 09, 2009
There's notting called true love especially in nigeria where we live,we only know what it means but we cant make it happen

1 Like

Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by MissyB1(m): 9:54am On Jul 09, 2009
There's Nuffin like True or Fake love. . . . .Love is love and rare to find!!
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by sweetpie23: 1:39pm On Jul 09, 2009
there is nothing like true love now, that was doing our ancestor time
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by sistawoman: 1:41pm On Jul 09, 2009
Yes I believe in its existance.
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by sweetpie23: 1:45pm On Jul 09, 2009
sistawoman:

Yes I believe in its existance.
nobody deserve to be trusted in a world full of lies and ambiguity how can true love exist? undecided love does but true love doesn't
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by sistawoman: 1:52pm On Jul 09, 2009
sweetpie23:

nobody deserve to be trusted in a world full of lies and ambiguity how can true love exist? undecided love does but true love doesn't

When there are no lies between a man and women there you will find true love.
When you connect on a level deeper than the physical there you will find true love.
When you look in his/her eyes and can see it in their soul there you will find true love.
When you feel it deep down in your heart, mind, body and soul there you will find true love.

It does exist and I live it every single day.

We believe in open and honest communication despite how the other might feel about the truth. With that there is also the responsibility for the person hearing the uncomfortable truth to not blow up or "save for throw back". I feel completely safe in my communication with my husband and completely safe in sharing my complete unclothedness with him.
I tell you this love is different than anyother.
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by sweetpie23: 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2009
sistawoman:

It does exist and I live it every single day.

We believe in open and honest communication despite how the other might feel about the truth. With that there is also the responsibility for the person hearing the uncomfortable truth to not blow up or "save for throw back". I feel completely safe in my communication with my husband and completely safe in sharing my complete unclothedness with him.
I tell you this love is different than anyother.
I guess it is one out of every one million. with the divorce rate being so high and everything else like that I just feel like finding your soulmate is kind of impossible.
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by biola44: 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2009
true love is becoming a fantasy
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by sistawoman: 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2009
sweetpie23:

I guess it is one out of every one million. with the divorce rate being so high and everything else like that I just feel like finding your soulmate is kind of impossible.

not if you take your time
properly vet the person first
and dont try to "make" it fit.

Please need to learn to walk away.  If it is not right now it wont be right after marriage.

In God's due time all things are reviled.  Wait for him he knows when it is time.

Sometimes women let the sound of the clock ticking force them into something that is not right and make them stay when they should go.
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by Gabry(f): 2:01pm On Jul 09, 2009
The only way you can find true love is that when you are contented with what you're having and if both are willing to change for each other to suite each other's needs, thats how u can be contented and from this, thats how you have true love.
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by biola44: 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2009
sistawoman:

Please need to learn to walk away.  If it is not right now it wont be right after marriage.

In God's due time all things are reviled.  Wait for him he knows when it is time.

Sometimes women let the sound of the clock ticking force them into something that is not right and make them stay when they should go.

how many pple will one walk away from?

Gabry:

The only way you can find true love is that when you are contented with what you're having and if both are willing to change for each other to suite each other's needs, thats how u can be contented and from this, thats how you have true love.
well said, but everyone thinks abt himself/herself, sacrifice is going into oblivion
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by Gabry(f): 2:07pm On Jul 09, 2009
Not everyone my dear. smiley
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by sistawoman: 2:07pm On Jul 09, 2009
Gabry:

See I dont believe that change is necessary when true love exists.

I see it as two people that come together that compliment each other, not complete each other and no need for change because you fit him and he fits you.

Hubby and I did not have to change.  
I grew and learned new things, like how to cook his fav. home meals and he learned how openly and honestly communicate with his woman.
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by sweetpie23: 2:10pm On Jul 09, 2009
biola44:

true love is becoming a fantasy
thank you

sistawoman:

in the real world true love doesn't exist, that thing only happend in movies.  I don’t think that two people can fall hopelessly, romantically, deeply and irirrationally in love.  Mmm, perhaps that is a Misstatement.  I don’t think I can fall hopelessly, romantically, deeply and irrairrationallylove. that is not the world we live in today let's get realistic here. some people even go to the extend of saying "I will die for you my love. I wouldn't die for nobody
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by sweetluvb(f): 2:14pm On Jul 09, 2009
undecided grin wink

i believe in true love n it does really exist, but u must strugle hard to find it
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by sistawoman: 2:17pm On Jul 09, 2009
sweetpie23:

thank you
in the real world true love doesn't exist, that thing only happend in movies.  I don’t think that two people can fall hopelessly, romantically, deeply and irirrationallyn love.  Mmm, perhaps that is a miMisstatement.  I don’t think I can fall hopelessly, romantically, deeply and irrairrationallylove. that is not the world we live in today let's get realistic here. some people even go to the extend of saying "I will die for you my love. I wouldn't die for nobody

All I can tell you is that when it is right and when it fits if feels like heaven.

I can only tell you that i kissed a few frogs to find my prince.

I can also tell you that I married the first time for all the wrong reasons and stayed for all the wrong reasons.  That I loved him but was never in love with him.
I can also tell you that the first person I was in love with was a fraud and after 2 years the real him started to peek thru because he tried to change him to fit me and it was too hard to maintain.  But that does not negate the fact that I was in love with the person I thought him to be and for the first time I knew what that feeling was.

and I can tell you that I am that same person and refuse to change who I am, so my man has to accept me, worts and all and love me inspite/despite my flaws.
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by sweetpie23: 2:18pm On Jul 09, 2009
sweetluvb:

undecided grin wink

i believe in true love n it does really exist, but u must strugle hard to find it
that is what make the whole love thing confussing. True Love…what does that even mean?  To me, there is only one kind of love, you love me I love you kind.  unconditional love are meant for only families
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by biola44: 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2009
sweetpie23:

that is what make the whole love thing confussing. True Love…what does that even mean? To me, there is only one kind of love, you love me I love you kind. unconditional love are meant for only families

true,but u need 2 find dat special luv which family doesnt have
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by sweetpie23: 2:25pm On Jul 09, 2009
biola44:

true,but u need 2 find dat special luv which family doesnt have
yeah and that is love, not true love

sistawoman:

All I can tell you is that when it is right and when it fits if feels like heaven.

I can only tell you that i kissed a few frogs to find my prince.

I can also tell you that I married the first time for all the wrong reasons and stayed for all the wrong reasons. That I loved him but was never in love with him.
I can also tell you that the first person I was in love with was a fraud and after 2 years the real him started to peek thru because he tried to change him to fit me and it was too hard to maintain. But that does not negate the fact that I was in love with the person I thought him to be and for the first time I knew what that feeling was.

and I can tell you that I am that same person and refuse to change who I am, so my man has to accept me, worts and all and love me inspite/despite my flaws.
But the fact remains, there is no such thing as TRUE love.
All "Love" is based on RECEIVING something in return, which subsequently makes it Not Love.
We all wanna be loved unconditionally, But it is Humanly impossible. True love is 100 percent acceptance.I dont think in this world today you can find that word,amongst couples.
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by biola44: 3:19pm On Jul 09, 2009
sweetpie23:

yeah and that is love, not true love
But the fact remains, there is no such thing as TRUE love.
All "Love" is based on RECEIVING something in return, which subsequently makes it Not Love.
We all wanna be loved unconditionally, But it is Humanly impossible. True love is 100 percent acceptance.I dont think in this world today you can find that word,amongst couples.

i wish i could disagree
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by ovieK: 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2009
True luv still exists because i have one my parents are against my girl she still luvs me,i lost my job and friends asked her to leave me she still clings to me more than ever .My dear there is luv.please find ur own grin
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by Igwe9(m): 10:29pm On Jul 09, 2009
yes and i'm a living witness to that, you wanna know? just hola! cool
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by latch(m): 11:59pm On Jul 09, 2009
Of course theres true love, had as it may be to find, its definitely out there.
source: current experience
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by sexyLeamon(f): 5:22am On Jul 10, 2009
sweetpie23:

thank you
in the real world true love doesn't exist, that thing only happend in movies. I don’t think that two people can fall hopelessly, romantically, deeply and irirrationallyn love. Mmm, perhaps that is a miMisstatement. I don’t think I can fall hopelessly, romantically, deeply and irrairrationallylove. that is not the world we live in today let's get realistic here. some people even go to the extend of saying "I will die for you my love. I wouldn't die for nobody
Roflmao grin grin for once sweetpie have spoken reasonably
Re: Does True Love Still Exist Nowadays? by biola44: 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2009
lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Says His Birth Control Pills Ran Out / Some Girls Appear To Look Beautiful Until... / According To Times Magazine, These Are Top Ten Most Handsome Guyz In Romanceland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.