Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC (9171 Views)

My Arrest By EFCC Has No Political Undertone – Shekarau / Fayose’s Lawmakers Flee Ekiti State To Avoid Arrest By Police-Adewunmi / Kayode-Are Under House Arrest By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by iwaeda: 4:34pm On Feb 18, 2016
The Olugbo of Ugbo Kingdom in the oil rich coastal area of Ondo State, Oba Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan, on Thursday denied the reports that he was arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC) over money laundering and financial crimes.
The monarch was reportedly said to have been arrested, questioned by the EFCC by an online news medium, linking him to be one of the beneficiaries of the fuel subsidy scam.
Reacting to the report, Oba Akinruntan expressed surprise over his alleged invitation and arrest by the EFCC saying the anti graft agency never invited or arrested him.
He said "I am hearing this from you for the first time I am not in the EFCC custody and they have never invited me.
"I am on my way from Lagos to Ugbo. I left lagos this morning and I'm presently in Ijebu-Ode on my way to Ugbo. This is the handiwork of my detractors.
"I am a law abiding Nigerian and I see this as an attempt to smear my image. I am not arrested or invited by EFCC. This is unfounded, untrue and I see this as a calculated attempt to dent my image."
Oba Akinruntan, also known as Obat, is the chairman of Obat Oil Limited and the paramount ruler of Ugbo kingdom
An online news medium had reported that the monarch was initially questioned on Friday, February 12, whereupon he was directed to return on Monday, February 15 to face more questioning saying "agents of the commission are looking into the monarch's involvement in a huge money laundering scam and other financial crimes.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/ondo-monarch-olugbo-denies-arrest-by-efcc-0
Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by Last2comment(m): 4:36pm On Feb 18, 2016
Take note
Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by ozoigbondu: 4:42pm On Feb 18, 2016
Sahara reporters and lies are like rice and beans

Wait for next week big media trial designed to distract us from the clashing economy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by sukkot: 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
de-nile ( denial ) is a river in egypt

1 Like

Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by ikbnice(m): 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
Time will surely tell who is fooling who and if we finally discover that you were truely arrested, it will be added to your charges in court 'that you, Oba Frederick Obateru Akinruntan lied to the public by denying your arrest thereby defaming a well-established government institution. Guilty or not guilty'.

I'll be waiting to hear how you will plead not guilty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
There is no smoke without fire. But nowadays, na so so deny deny every body dey deny, nobody dey accept again.

So all dis money wey de loss na thru diffusion abi evaporation e loss?! Okk ooo

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by SouthernBreeze(m): 4:47pm On Feb 18, 2016
Media propaganda everywhere,all to distract us from the Change they ppromised

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by Ehins22(m): 4:47pm On Feb 18, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 18, 2016
we don hear
Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by tyankabas(m): 4:47pm On Feb 18, 2016
OK noted
Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 18, 2016
The media trial and conviction of corrupt cases. Issorai, i wish him the best.
Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by Daniel2809(m): 4:51pm On Feb 18, 2016
Hmmnnnnnn dis is serious
Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by esther4real(f): 4:51pm On Feb 18, 2016
Ok, NEXT!
Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by ademega(m): 4:51pm On Feb 18, 2016
is oky
Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by OboOlora(f): 4:52pm On Feb 18, 2016
They havent arrested him. SR is only using the medium to notify EFCC to go ahead n arrest him. Na gameplan

1 Like

Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by myners007: 4:52pm On Feb 18, 2016
EFCC do not have the jurisdicial right to arrest a traditional Monarch. Oba may u live long

1 Like

Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by akphrat(m): 4:52pm On Feb 18, 2016
Let's take a look at dis, purewater na 3 for #50. We dey her dey shout #Istandwithbuhari
Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by ADEWEBS(m): 4:52pm On Feb 18, 2016
end time report
#ADEWEBS# WAS HERE
Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 18, 2016
Rumour is carried by the enemies, broadcasted by the gullible and accepted by the ignorant(s).

1 Like

Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by OboOlora(f): 4:53pm On Feb 18, 2016
akphrat:
Let's take a look at dis, purewater na 3 for #50. We dey her dey shout #Istandwithbuhari

LIAR MOOhammed. A bag (containing 20) is 150. u do maths for skool at all or u r just a pathological liar?
Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by olaolulazio(m): 4:53pm On Feb 18, 2016
U will soon sire!
Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by Flexherbal(m): 4:55pm On Feb 18, 2016
How did this get out?
Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by ikbnice(m): 4:58pm On Feb 18, 2016
Will his arrest or denial bring about the rise of the Naira? The gravitational force acting on the Naira is just too great. I learnt it's now 370 to the dollar. I wonder when it will defy gravity.
Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by gurunlocker: 4:58pm On Feb 18, 2016
richest king

1 Like

Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by Opinedecandid(m): 5:00pm On Feb 18, 2016
Sahara Reporters mma mma
Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by ChappyChase: 5:03pm On Feb 18, 2016
So who dey deceive who?
Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by engrflames: 5:04pm On Feb 18, 2016
He was rather invited and not arrested
Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by Oba22: 5:06pm On Feb 18, 2016
Come to think of it, He is on his way to Ondo (coming from Lagos).
He might also be coming from EFCC's office.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by wellmax(m): 5:09pm On Feb 18, 2016
Okay, before Friday, we will know thew truth.
Re: Ondo Monarch, Olugbo, Denies Arrest By EFCC by sunnyuche1(m): 5:10pm On Feb 18, 2016
government of report... and counter report cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Awolowo Obafemi Died. / INEC Allowing Refugees In Niger And Chad Vote Is Rigging / Reps Task FG On Installation Of Landing Facilities At Margaret Ekpo Int Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.