Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know (48154 Views)

N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me / NECA Attacks CBN Over N50 Stamp Duty / CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by Trixxxy(f): 11:47am On Feb 22, 2016
I read this to mom c

She said,
'Mo yi ma lo shut down current account mi yenundecidedOshi!'
grin

See ehn.......... 'Kolo' aka Piggy bank is the way forward cool

2 Likes

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by lonelydora: 11:47am On Feb 22, 2016
Okay nah
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by chmeze(m): 11:48am On Feb 22, 2016
Good move by the FG to extort the masses...i love this change!!!

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by Intendy: 11:48am On Feb 22, 2016
Nice explanation

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by chinsmama: 11:49am On Feb 22, 2016
Only if such money will be used for the benefit of all abi 'am affected too infact I've been receiving alerts on it

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by AminuRano87(m): 11:49am On Feb 22, 2016
Passed into law since 2004 and 2009. Stop blaming Buhari for the Implementation in 2016

3 Likes

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 22, 2016
chmeze:
Good move by the FG to extort the masses...i love this change!!!

I find it funny that you consider legally passed taxes extortion.

When the law was making its way through the Senate and the House....you could have shouted. But no.....you kept quiet.

Now the law has been passed....and is taking effect...and you are shouting.

Democracy is not about a few people.it is about me and you. Better start paying attention to what your politician is doing...instead of crying about split milk.

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by linearity: 11:52am On Feb 22, 2016
The stamp duty represent 5% of your deposit...

So next time someone pay you N1k or above, with check, remember to ask them to add 5% of the original/agreed amount to the check to the amount or else, you will be short.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by Beesluv: 11:54am On Feb 22, 2016
Very educative piece Op. you just made me understand what it's all about.

Isokay, they removed COT and brought stamp duty. God is watching them in 3D

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by richard870(m): 11:55am On Feb 22, 2016
olatpic:
As expected, many Nigerians have expressed their dissatisfaction on the announcement by CBN instructing all DMBs (Deposit Money Banks) in the country to place a N50 charge on every transaction from N1,000.

In order to avoid any further confusion, here is what you need to know about the CBN’s N50 stamp duty:

1. It is an Act that was passed into law called the Stamp Duties Act 2004 and Federal Government Financial Regulations 2009, but now being implemented in 2016.

2. The Stamp Duty charge is not being imposed by the Banks, but by the Federal government through the CBN.

3. The imposition of the Stamp Duties Act at this time is to enhance the governments revenue generation drive which has become necessary due to the fall in global oil prices.

4. All receipts, whether Cash or Electronic transfers from N1000 and above into a Current account is eligible and will be charged N50 stamp duty.

5. Only Current accounts are eligible to be charged Stamp Duty on all receipts.

6. The following receipts are exempted from the imposition of Stamp Duty:

a. Deposits or Transfers made by SELF into another account in the same bank and/or other banks.
b. Any Transfers into a Savings account.
c. Any Withdrawals from a Savings account.

7. The Stamp Duty is charged only to the receiving account i.e. the account receiving the money.

8. The N50 Stamp Duty will be charged per transaction and not per volume; that is any transactions from N1,000 and above.

9. The monies collected does not belong to the Banks, but the Federal Government. The Banks are only a channel for collecting and remitting the money to the Federal Government.

10. Under the schedule to the Stamp Duty Act 2004, other exemptions specified includes payments of salaries and wages etc.

SOURCE: http://olaitankolawole.com/10-important-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-n50-stamp-duty/
You wrote all these poo just to promote your blog...shameless LINDA-IKEJI-WANNABE angry
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by Maximus85(m): 11:56am On Feb 22, 2016
Hmmm. I rest my case.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by omoharry(f): 11:57am On Feb 22, 2016
They charge for self transfer ooo...i was charged N50 for transfering money from my savings account to my current account gtbank to gtbank.

2 Likes

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by customised87: 11:57am On Feb 22, 2016
olatpic:
As expected, many Nigerians have expressed their dissatisfaction on the announcement by CBN instructing all DMBs (Deposit Money Banks) in the country to place a N50 charge on every transaction from N1,000.

In order to avoid any further confusion, here is what you need to know about the CBN’s N50 stamp duty:

1. It is an Act that was passed into law called the Stamp Duties Act 2004 and Federal Government Financial Regulations 2009, but now being implemented in 2016.

2. The Stamp Duty charge is not being imposed by the Banks, but by the Federal government through the CBN.

3. The imposition of the Stamp Duties Act at this time is to enhance the governments revenue generation drive which has become necessary due to the fall in global oil prices.

4. All receipts, whether Cash or Electronic transfers from N1000 and above into a Current account is eligible and will be charged N50 stamp duty.

5. Only Current accounts are eligible to be charged Stamp Duty on all receipts.

6. The following receipts are exempted from the imposition of Stamp Duty:

a. Deposits or Transfers made by SELF into another account in the same bank and/or other banks.
b. Any Transfers into a Savings account.
c. Any Withdrawals from a Savings account.

7. The Stamp Duty is charged only to the receiving account i.e. the account receiving the money.

8. The N50 Stamp Duty will be charged per transaction and not per volume; that is any transactions from N1,000 and above.

9. The monies collected does not belong to the Banks, but the Federal Government. The Banks are only a channel for collecting and remitting the money to the Federal Government.

10. Under the schedule to the Stamp Duty Act 2004, other exemptions specified includes payments of salaries and wages etc.

SOURCE: http://olaitankolawole.com/10-important-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-n50-stamp-duty/

Are you sure about that?

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by KakiP(m): 11:57am On Feb 22, 2016
Most of the people even complaining about this thing are savings accounts users, don't we just love to complain in this country.

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by Beesluv: 11:58am On Feb 22, 2016
Trixxxy:
I read this to mom c She said 'Mo yi ma lo shut down current account mi yenundecidedOshi!' grin
grin I can imagine mum' s expression. grin
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by millhouse: 11:58am On Feb 22, 2016
My salary account was charged 50 naira when salaries were paid.... My savings account was charged 50 naira when I paid money into it.. So who do I report all dis illegal charges to? .

2 Likes

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by customised87: 12:00pm On Feb 22, 2016
omoharry:
They charge for self transfer ooo...i was charged N50 for transfering money from my savings account to my current account gtbank to gtbank.

Same thing with me... I ll visit a branch of UBA for clarification. I shouldn't be charged for transferring from my savings to my current account now. And i was even charged on my salary deposit sef.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by kennyman2000(m): 12:00pm On Feb 22, 2016
Trixxxy:
I read this to mom c She said 'Mo yi ma lo shut down current account mi yenundecidedOshi!' grin
Hahahahaha.. Tell her, Buhari needs her money like kilode...
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by Ricswagger: 12:01pm On Feb 22, 2016
remigiusizunna:
New means of legal extortion
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by ojochidem(m): 12:03pm On Feb 22, 2016
STANBIC IBTC has been charging STAMP DUTY fee on my Savings Account. I went to my Branch and the Customer Care reps insisted that the charge is in order. I also saw other customers complaining.

CBN should come to our AID.

3 Likes

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by jmoore(m): 12:03pm On Feb 22, 2016
wiringdpt:
Nigerians wants everything for free.
The government is raping Nigerians.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by mamawin(f): 12:04pm On Feb 22, 2016
wiringdpt:
Nigerians wants everything for free.
yes now, am I responsible for d fall of oil price?
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by pimpo: 12:04pm On Feb 22, 2016
adipemcanis1:

The issue is.....we are not earning money from oil.....so we have tolook for alterante sources of funding.

Modified.....I amused by some of the comments calling this extortion.Well.....here are some facts.

1.When the law was being processed in the National Assembly.....you Nigerians were busy with your videos of the latest scandal to pay attention.

2.Oil is our only source of revenue.The price has fallen. Meanwhile....you people want govt to continue feeding you....without paying. How can?

Who is the government feeding?? We pay taxes and still have to provide our own power and water, and u are here saying govt is feeding ppl. Have u ever eaten a meal paid for by the govt.??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 22, 2016
The fedral govt are bastard if a thousand fathers, hw much I get wey dem go dey collect my hard earn 50naira they must be high on pure its disheartning this is happening to us

Come oga op don't bring dat leg say since 2004, who dey do atm den abi wich kind rubish since dey didn't implement it den dey shudnt start now dis govt should not let me turn to an hater o e go bad cos I go jus be like hitler
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by kiyales: 12:06pm On Feb 22, 2016
even savings account oo shocked shocked coz they deducted it from my account.

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 22, 2016
pimpo:

Who is the government feeding?? We pay taxes and still have to provide our own power and water, and u are here saying govt is feeding ppl. Have u ever eaten a meal paid for by the govt.??

Well...

Govt subsides health care, education, fuel, and builds roads, railways and a host of other things.And they are the largest employer in Nigeria.

Of course...they do it inefficently....but still....Nigerians rely on govt for a host of things.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by yousee(m): 12:10pm On Feb 22, 2016
KakiP:
Most of the people even complaining about this thing are savings accounts users, don't we just love to complain in this country.
Stanbic charged me 50 naira for depositing 30k into my savings account
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by Handsome4real(m): 12:12pm On Feb 22, 2016
UBA has been deducting N50 from my savings account and they are even claiming they should even after telling them that it's only current account. Central Bank needs to do something about this.

1 Like

Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by Trixxxy(f): 12:14pm On Feb 22, 2016
Beesluv:
grin I can imagine mum' s expression. grin
Aswearigad it was hilarious!grin grin
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by Neorhymz(m): 12:16pm On Feb 22, 2016
#smh #passingby.
Re: N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know by Trixxxy(f): 12:18pm On Feb 22, 2016
kennyman2000:

Hahahahaha.. Tell her, Buhari needs her money like kilode...
My mom?!!!
Correct Ijebu woman!!grin
I trust her!
Before she even gives me money gaan..... I have to first recount all the things I've done for her that year!grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Returns N5,000 To A First Bank Cashier Who Over Paid Her / As Naira Gains, Neighbouring Countries Ease Rush For Nigerian Goods / Michael Asemota Returns N150 million Wrongly Paid Into His Account In Qatar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.