Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. (57607 Views)

Drug Or Injections: Which Do You Prefer? / Someone Pls Help Me On This Stubborn Typhoid For Years Now / Illegal Bottom Injections On Rise In US- BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by bisiofgod(m): 3:26pm On Nov 02, 2006
PLEASE HOW DO I TREAT THIS STUBBORN TYPHOID.IVE TAKEN ALL SORT OF DRUGS & INJECTIONS

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by esoneek(m): 12:46pm On Nov 09, 2006
Its unlikely wot u have is typhoid if u 've taken upto 50 injections!i think u should visit a tertiary hospital
Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by twinstaiye(m): 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2006
Cases of incessant treatment of Typhoid is probably HIV. Try and go for HIV test, the earlier the better. I hasten to add however that testing positive to HIV is not the end of the world. You can live longer than those who are dying through road, air accidents once it is manage very well.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by ajolayo(m): 12:35am On Nov 10, 2006
What sort of injection are you taking? Who even told you you have typhoid? 80% of the typhoid diagnosis made by private labs in Nigeria is false and misdiagnosis.

What are your symptoms? Lets know. Though to be truthful, there are some people who are chronic gall bladder carriers of the bacteria that causes typhoid. though I do not think that in your case.

I do not agree with the person that says you might have HIV, though I am not saying you might not have but Lets get your symptoms straight and the we can know what you probably have or don't have.

Doing HIV test is actually not a bad idea. It is good to know your status

Ciao

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by Nobody: 1:55am On Nov 10, 2006
You're problem is either HIV or not taking your drugs as at when you should. There's a reason why you have a strict drug regimen, when you take drugs and skip a few, not all the parasites die, those that survive develop immunity to other doses taken hapharzadly. The reason you have a regimen is to maintain a particular level of the drug in your system for a particular period sufficient to clear virtually all the parasites.

Go buy amoxicillin and finish the pack, 4 tablets a day!!! Note, after about 2 days, you will feel perfectly fine but MAKE SURE you complete the dosage. If you miss some doses you have to buy a new pack and start over again!

If symtoms persist, then HIV test is your best bet!
Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by ajolayo(m): 7:20am On Nov 10, 2006
davidylan:

You're problem is either HIV or not taking your drugs as at when you should. There's a reason why you have a strict drug regimen, when you take drugs and skip a few, not all the parasites die, those that survive develop immunity to other doses taken hapharzadly. The reason you have a regimen is to maintain a particular level of the drug in your system for a particular period sufficient to clear virtually all the parasites.

Go buy amoxicillin and finish the pack, 4 tablets a day!!! Note, after about 2 days, you will feel perfectly fine but MAKE SURE you complete the dosage. If you miss some doses you have to buy a new pack and start over again!

If symtoms persist, then HIV test is your best bet!

As much as I agree with you on some points davidylan, there are a lot of misconceptions in your post. It is true that when you skip drugs and do not take complete dosage, you are giving room for the parasites to develop resistance to the medication. And that is why in  Nigeria, we have a lot drug resistance here. That is apart from the Natural evolution of these parasites that make them develop resistance naturally over time as a means of survival.

Now going to buy amoxicillin is a bad idea. Amoxicillin and Ampicillin are of the most abused antibiotics in Nigeria. The resistance rate against these antibiotics is  now so high. I do not have hsopital based figures though. Even if you go to some markets in Naija, you see hawkers, peddling antibiotics around as 'Ka pe". Its usually amoxicillin or ampicillin, hence the resistance in Nigeria is high.

Also naturally, Amoxycillin is not the best antibiotics to use to treat Salmonella Typhi the causative agent of Typhoid fever. Ciprofloxacin is better idea and that is what is usually used in Nigerian hospitals.

Lets know what his symptoms first, he might not have Typhoid.

You see the problem in Nigeria is that the diagnosis of typhoid in private facilities is ususally hinged on Widal's test where they test for the antibody titre against Salmonella spp.

Now widal's test is very insensitive and a single result can not diagnosis Typhoid. Why you may ask? Well it is because almost all of us have been exposed one time or the other in our life to Salmonella, so we have already developed antibodies naturally against the bacteria. Hence a lot of us would have positie Widal's though we do not have gtyphoid. When it becomes significant is when you do 2 or 3 tests and the  antibody titre is on the increase then the diagnosis of typhoid can be tied toghetr with the clinical assessment.

So most of the time, typhoid is made clinically.

Now does this guy have typhoid or not? We don''t know. I say may be not. But what are his symptoms first.

HIV test is good for everybody so why not try it

Caio

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 10, 2006
@ Ajolayo

Good post. There is a difference between Panadol hawked on the streets and those sold in REAL pharmacies. The fact that panadol is one of the most abused drugs sold by every tom dick and harry does not make it a useless drug.

My mom is a medical doc and up till i left Naija last yr, amoxicillin was her drug of choice to treat typhoid and IT WORKED! From experience, if you take the drug 2-4 days and then stop, you feel fine up to a point and then it returns and you have to start treatment all over again.

About the new drug, i am just hearing about it. it might be a new drug that just came on the market and may be better at treating drug resistant typhoid than amoxicillin.
Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by ajolayo(m): 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2006
Davidylan,
I appreciate your comments.
I am not saying that Amoxicillin cannot be used to treat Typhoid at all, what I am saying is that considering the prevailing circumstances Ciprofloxacin is a better idea in Nigeria now. Years before now, the commonest drug used in treating typhoid in Nigeria was even Chloramphenicol and not Amoxiciilin. and then there is now a lot of amoxycillin resitance even geniune amoxycillin.I am not questioning your mother's choice at all. She is far more experienced than I am.

Antibiotic resistance is one thing, Counterfeit drugs is another thing.
May God help us in Nigeria.

Thanks once again

I do not believe in herbs in the Nigerian context. I believe there is a role for them in health care but a lot needs to be done.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by bisiofgod(m): 3:15pm On Nov 15, 2006
men ,thanks for your concern.you guys are all wonderful.the issue of HIV is out of it.i have tested for it for 3times and the result is outrightly negative from diffrent hospitals.of course i dont think ive being involved in whateva can lead to HIV.the systoms are:internal heat in my body,joint pains,noise in the stomach&atimes my stomach seems as if their is pepper in it.i still went 4a test some days back&it was still typhoid of 320.that was diagnoised with malaria of [1+]

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by ajolayo(m): 11:13pm On Nov 15, 2006
bisiofgod,

Those symptoms are not particularly diagnostic of Typhoid. And as i told you, you cannot use one Widal's test to diagnose typhoid.

What was you last test like? Is the Antibody titre increasing? Where did you do the test?
Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by ajolayo(m): 5:44pm On Nov 16, 2006
bisiofgod,
typhoid is enteric fever. The classic symptoms are Intermittent Fever, headache, Abdominal Discomfort and +/- vomitting.
Do you have a fever, that has been on for some time. Not responding to anything? that comes and goes?

For typhoid o,
Ciprofloxacin 500 mg two times daily for 2 weeks should treat uncomplicated typhoid.

See a doctor for more thorough assessment and investigations.
Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by bisiofgod(m): 11:27am On Nov 17, 2006
ajolayo,
am grateful 4ur concern.i went visiting a doctor some two days ago&he told me 2start amoxillin 1gram 6hourly&honestly for the first time for the past 4months,i have started enjoying my health.am indeed very grateful to all of you.you are wonderful guys.love u all.
bisiofgod
Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by ajolayo(m): 11:38am On Nov 17, 2006
Thats wonderful. If amoxicillin is working for you, then thats good (even though I would not prescribe it cos of the perceived resistance). The books say "Chlorampehicol, Co-trimoxazole and Amoxycillin may all still be effective in some cases, but quinolones (e.g Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice daily) are now the treatment of choice.1."

It is cheap (cheaper than Ciprotab). Just make sure you complete the dose. Remember what davidylan said.

Come to think of it, if you are already feeling better in 2 days, what sort of injections have you been taking for so long?
Who was giving you the injections anyway?

1 Note quote taken from Kumar & Clark Clinical Medicine 5th Edition.

Guys I am sorry for drifting into medical jargons too often. Forgive my boringness. Thanks

Ciao

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by dearstan(m): 5:51pm On Aug 03, 2007
funny i had the same problem too.
kept on treating typhoid dat never went. even had to do 3 hiv test which were all negative. i concluded that the typhoid became resistant to the drugs i was taking. in the end i had to resort to the traditional way. AGBO.

it worked, hehhee
Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by darfur(m): 12:16am On Aug 04, 2007
@ poster
#1. you are yet to tell us where and how you arrived at a diagnosis of typhoid fever
#2. you did not tell us the injections you have been using, the regimen, who made the prescriptions and where you bought them
#3. did npot tell us the symptoms you had

anyway, the current drug of choice for typhoid for most doctors now is ciprox as someone stated earlier. but my suggestion is that you go to a tertiary hospital where i'm sure you'll do a series of tests (including HIV screening) to arrive at a medical impression of your ailment. be careful where you get your drugs and i'll suggest accredited pharmacies are best.
early proper treatment is the best in any situation and major fatalities is nigeria are due to late on set of medical attention.
all the best
Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by ochyks7938: 10:24am On Nov 16, 2012
I have been treating Typhoid for almost 3 years now and the infection has been resistant to all the drugs. Anybody with a solution? Please.
Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by dominique(f): 12:43pm On Nov 16, 2012
Most likely what you have is not typhoid. What are the symptoms and what medications have you been having?
Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by ochyks7938: 10:19am On Nov 17, 2012
Headache,chest pain,mouth is bitter, back pain etc. Have done HIV Test threee times so tнαt is out of it. Drugs taken Amoxil,ciprotab,chloraphenicol,etc. It actually reduced sometime ago but since then,the left overs are still remaining.
Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by smartg(m): 6:49am On Apr 30, 2013
ajolayo: bisiofgod,
typhoid is enteric fever. The classic symptoms are Intermittent Fever, headache, Abdominal Discomfort and +/- vomitting.
Do you have a fever, that has been on for some time. Not responding to anything? that comes and goes?
What are the herbs that one can take to cure typhoid?

For typhoid o,
Ciprofloxacin 500 mg two times daily for 2 weeks should treat uncomplicated typhoid.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by pdozie: 3:47pm On Dec 18, 2014
ajolayo:
bisiofgod,

For typhoid o,

Old thread , but very insightful.
Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by reciprocal(f): 7:33am On May 05, 2015
ochyks7938:
Headache,chest pain,mouth is bitter, back pain etc. Have done HIV Test threee times so tнαt is out of it. Drugs taken Amoxil,ciprotab,chloraphenicol,etc. It actually reduced sometime ago but since then,the left overs are still remaining.
many people have this problem and is frustrating.. pls drop your email
Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by aAK1(m): 8:17am On May 05, 2015
I will give you all a very effective local treatment for typhoid. And I assure you in less than 5 days, it will be a thin of the past. I'm on transit now. Will update you latter .

1 Like

Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by myproperties: 7:25pm On May 06, 2015
i also have similar problem with typhoid for almost 4 years, please my e mail is akindebayo@yahoo.com
Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by tforever(m): 6:22pm On May 17, 2015
bisiofgod:
PLEASE HOW DO I TREAT THIS STUBBORN TYPHOID.IVE TAKEN ALL SORT OF DRUGS & INJECTIONS
are you still having this problem
Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by Redoil: 8:16pm On May 17, 2015
twinstaiye:
Cases of incessant treatment of Typhoid is probably HIV. Try and go for HIV test, the earlier the better. I hasten to add however that testing positive to HIV is not the end of the world. You can live longer than those who are dying through road, air accidents once it is manage very well.
you are wrong.
@ Bisiofgod i was once in ur shoe for 2years 2002/3. I was told that my blood is week and was giving some prescription and i was told to take two blood medicine and it works. I remeber it was 2 tablet of faggon (blood purifier) counting ones and a spoon of liquid chemiron for 2weeks. Though i became thorougly free from typoid I only did that for just one week due to lazyness on my part
Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by Redoil: 8:23pm On May 17, 2015
myproperties:
i also have similar problem with typhoid for almost 4 years, please my e mail is akindebayo@yahoo.com
i was once in ur shoe for 2years 2002/3. I was told that my blood is week and was giving some prescription and i was told to take two blood medicine and it works. I remeber it was 2 tablet of faggon (blood purifier) counting ones and a spoon of liquid chemiron for 2weeks. Though i became thorougly free from typoid I only did that for just one week due to lazyness on my part
Re: How Do I Treat Dis Stubborn Typhoid.i've Taken Over 50 Injections This Year. by heeds2532(m): 8:30pm On May 17, 2015
EASY WAY TO BURN FAT You know what's so annoying about excess fat in the body system? Its only makes people to be overweight, prone to diabetes and breathing problem, its even make many men develop pot belly. In this situation, a legal natural fatburning pills is all we need to burn out this excess fat in our bodies instead of going though those rigorous exercise without yielding any positive result. T5Fatburner, the world most effective fat burning pill will leave your body clean, light, enjoyable with good looking appearance at a cheaper cost within a short period of time. Make your order by clicking this link today and lose that excess weight forever. www.t5fatburners.com.ng?t_id=SaheedUthman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wet Dreams: Natural Or Spiritual? / SM Ahmadu: Navy Officer Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Absconds In Delta / Nigerian Lady Finds This Inside Her Bra (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.