Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound (55948 Views)

My Cousin Killed This Puff Adder Today / Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat / Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 25, 2016
Sammyashol:
OP is d dead body of d snake still available? I need it esp d head

You wan do mass poison for one of your events abi,you are a suspect angry
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by bluaero(m): 3:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
lalasticlala:

Thanks

Bros...u too like snake grin
..and Tonto Dike....and Jumoke grin grin
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by ishiamu(m): 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
amunkita:

U might be right ooo cous he does not behave like his counterpart in the politics section...

Lala nwoke onye Uwa Mmebi

LoL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by sunnex2: 3:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
vizkiz:
make them stop to dey post snake pictures for nairaland now. This isn't reptile land for furck sake! angry
Na true abeg
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
Qualer:

you guys are lucky, one bite from that thing and the victim is gone cos there's no remedy!

If you get the antivenom you'll be ok. Infact with all snake bites, if antivenom is administered quickly it shouldn't be fatal.
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by perfectgabby: 3:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
Liljeez:
Pishure of u with d snake or addonbeliveit.....

Oh...i get..u still trying to hide ur face from us nairalanders
Mr Thomas
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by miki70: 3:59pm On Feb 25, 2016
modelmike7:
I totally dislike snakes. But this looks so beautiful and lovely. . . . so what did you do to the corpse mainstreet?
it is call oka in yoruba.
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by 9jaRonin(m): 4:05pm On Feb 25, 2016
Qualer:

you guys are lucky, one bite from that thing and the victim is gone cos there's no remedy!

Just in case you don't know (...... undecided......) there's this thing called anti-venom that is helpful in cases of envenoming from snake bites. Its even potent against poisonous bites from adders. Its readily available (eg Echitab-G and Echitab Plus anti venoms) but the problem is the cost.......one vial can cost N22,5000. And a bite victim can end up using God knows how many vials.
#Speaking4rmExperience

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by habsydiamond(m): 4:14pm On Feb 25, 2016
Una get Zoo for una house ni abi una house dey close to forest reserve
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by glossy6(f): 4:16pm On Feb 25, 2016
Baroba:

Na so, echi eteka.. Lots of them around Enugu Nssuka axis...
gobe da nisa
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by glossy6(f): 4:16pm On Feb 25, 2016
Baroba:

Na so, echi eteka.. Lots of them around Enugu Nssuka axis...
gobe da nisa
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by diqqyblaze(m): 4:36pm On Feb 25, 2016
lol
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by acadollar(m): 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
Facts about this snake.

They give birth to large number of offspring, 20 to 60 is usual, but litters of over 80 young have been reported
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by acadollar(m): 4:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
Facts about this snake (Puff adder)

1. They give birth to large number of offspring, 20 to 60 is usual, but litters of over 80 young Although mainly terrestrial, these snakes are good swimmers and can also climb with ease; often they are found basking in low bushes.  been reported so OP, becareful, there are may still be more of it around your neighbourhood.

2. They mostly are nocturnal, they rarely hunt actively, instead they prefer to ambush their prey as it passes by

3.Although these are somewhat slow-moving sna: kes, they are highly aggressive and can make incredibly fast biting attacks they are arguably the fastest striking snake in the world. It can strike within 0.25 of a second both forward and to the side. 

4. They seldom grip their prey, instead, once bitten the prey is released as the venom is injected and later tracked by smell, the venom spreads faster and can destroy body tissues.

5. When disturbed, the snake will coil into a defensive S-shaped posture and hiss loudly, hence its common name "Puff adder". This is used as warning signal, it's best not to ignore it, you really don't want to find out why.

6. It is one of the dangerous snakes but it isn't the deadliest or the most venomous snake in Africa.  Puff Adder venom  is cytotoxic.

7.  It is responsible for causing the most snakebite fatalities in Africa owing to various factors, such as its wide distribution, frequent occurrence in highly populated regions, and aggressive disposition and discoloration ability,( It camouflages so that someone can easily step on it, once u step, it bites).

8. Although mainly terrestrial, these snakes are good swimmers and can also climb with ease; often they are found basking in low bushes.(They enjoy chilling in the pathways)

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by spartoo: 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
Jayne07:
lipsrsealed
shocked yes dear
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Localamos(m): 5:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
menix:
Was it killed spiritually
Cous I can't find bruises...

Then you must be blind
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by RichDad1(m): 5:29pm On Feb 25, 2016
miki70:
it is call oka in yoruba.
No! Oka is python- a constrictor.
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by trappatoni(m): 5:31pm On Feb 25, 2016
ishiamu:

Lalasticlala why do you like snakes?
once lala hear snake na Front page gbam! grin If I were to be a snake na to emigrate leave naija oo
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:32pm On Feb 25, 2016
mainstreets:
See d snake i killed after i returned from
You forgot to cut off his head.
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by banky222: 5:33pm On Feb 25, 2016
iAmCharis:
Obhiaba grin
onegbee?
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Nbote(m): 5:33pm On Feb 25, 2016
vizkiz:
make them stop to dey post snake pictures for nairaland now. This isn't reptile land for furck sake! angry

Lolzzz... Bet why u open d thread na
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by CaptPlanet(m): 5:45pm On Feb 25, 2016
1shortblackboy:
Sometimes I imagine these snakes wondering what they ever did to us to warrant this kill at site atittude

Na Eve cause am...
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by hamilton62(m): 5:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
1shortblackboy:
Sometimes I imagine these snakes wondering what they ever did to us to warrant this kill at site atittude
That question is meant for Adam to answer because I am sure he told us to do so before them snakes hurt us like they did to our being on earth...
I dislike snake and can't even stand it because it irritates me... If I could kill them I would be grateful but all I do is Run!Run!!Run!!! No matter what.
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by ishiamu(m): 6:18pm On Feb 25, 2016
trappatoni:
once lala hear snake na Front page gbam! grin If I were to be a snake na to emigrate leave naija oo

LoL,
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by medexico(m): 6:26pm On Feb 25, 2016
Mainstreets,

The first picture shows the snake in the daylight while the other one shows it in the dark.

The question is, did you keep the snake from daylight till dark or from dark till daylight?
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by cupidhero(m): 6:33pm On Feb 25, 2016
Qualer:

Oga natgeo wild! Keep lying...how can a snake's venom not have remedy?
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Fiftynine(m): 6:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
1shortblackboy:
go and read your bible and u will what they did.
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by piagetskinner(m): 6:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
I hate seeing snakes mehn...
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by klassykute(m): 7:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
lekkie073:
puff adder

It is not found in rainforest areas, such as along the
coast of West Africa and in Central Africa (i.e.,
central DR Congo); it is also absent from the
Mediterranean coastal region of North Africa . On the
Arabian peninsula, it is found as far north as Ta'if .
[6] It has been reported to be found in the Dhofar
region of southern Oman . [11]
educative but d question was who know the name of d snake .. no b im bio
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by klassykute(m): 7:02pm On Feb 25, 2016
ikombe:
does d snake like eating puff puff
lol
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Qualer: 7:04pm On Feb 25, 2016
cupidhero:

Oga natgeo wild! Keep lying...how can a snake's venom not have remedy?

please, tell me where you are gonna get ready anti-venom, the extensive required medical care and resources for the average person in this environment!

watch the extent of damage here even with the quick response and expert care. now imagine the everyday nigerian environment where medicals are concerned....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xloRgtIkOHc
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by rehos: 7:06pm On Feb 25, 2016
Congrats. This type of snake must be avoided from biting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Python Killed In A Church This Night (Photos) / Man Who Just Returned From Europe After 15 Years Dies In Motor Accident (Photos) / Chat Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.