Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,571 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies (16970 Views)

Nominee For Nairaland AWARDS / Nairalanders That Seun Must Appreciate For Nairaland's Success / Suggestion For @nairaland Account On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Privy(m): 11:13pm On Dec 03, 2010
Thanks a lot. I have ben looking for a way to post something since.
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by enite011: 11:05am On Dec 04, 2010
How can i delete my post? Pls help me.
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Pharoh: 4:01pm On Dec 04, 2010
enite011:

Go back to your post and check the right hand corner, you will see a modify button.

Click it and modify your post to an empty blank space or something else because there is no option for deleting a post.

Privy:

Thanks a lot. I have ben looking for a way to post something since.

You are welcome cool
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Pharoh: 4:07pm On Dec 04, 2010
MOORCH MOORE:

How do I send a post or topic that will appear on home page apart from forum category

You cannot send your post to the forum frontpage yourself but you can request for it at the end of the post or topic that it deserves to be on the front page.

The other official option is to post the link to the post on this Thread and give reasons why it deserves to be on the front page. as well as the topic.

The moderator will send your request to the administrator and they will decide if it will be on the front page.
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 14, 2011
pls how do i reply to many post together on one post in a thread?how do i send video from youtube, and how do i send link to nairaland,thanks alot,this has been my inability on nairaland.
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 14, 2011
i
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 14, 2011
how
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Pharoh: 9:15pm On Jan 14, 2011
^^

Those questions have been answered already in the previous pages but i don't understand the third question.

I will provide you with the links but if thats not enough then i will answer them for you again.

Actually just read from page 1 to page three and if you don't understand then i will try and make it again.
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 14, 2011
i dnt understand pls,could you discribe it for me pls
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Pharoh: 3:47am On Jan 15, 2011
REPLYING TO MULTIPLE POSTS WITH ONE SINGLE POST.

The first thing you do is to scroll down and find the post that you want to reply to and click on the insert quote ontop of that post.

uplawal:

pls how do i reply to many post together on one post in a thread?how do i send video from youtube, and how do i send link to nairaland,thanks alot,this has been my inability on nairaland.

You can write your reply to the above post here and after that press enter to get some space and repeat the same step above for the next post that you want to reply.

enite011:

You can also reply the above post as well and repeat the same step for the next post.

Privy:

Thanks a lot. I have been looking for a way to post something since.

This makes it three posts that you have replied to in one single post.

Sometimes the post is so far behind that you cannot see it in the list of post that you can insert when you scroll down. What you do is that you just copy the post that you want to reply to and post it in the reply page then highlight and click the insert quote button above those forum smileys.

I will quote the above post without using the insert quote button assuming I can’t find them in the list below the reply page.

Reply to the first post

Reply to the second post.

Thanks a lot. I have been looking for a way to post something since.

Reply to the third post.

So those are the two ways that you can reply to multiple post with one reply post.

The last instruction is for replying a post that is like an essay and you want to break it down into different post or just that you want to reply a sentence in that post or multiple sentences. The following replies below are how it should look like and i will be making use of your own post.

uplawal:

pls how do i reply to many post together on one post in a thread?

I can give my reply to this question alone and then

uplawal:

how do i send video from youtube, 

To the second question and then

uplawal:

how do i send link to nairaland

Finally to the third question

uplawal:

Not forgetting also that I can reply to the bolded or colored part of your post that with time you will get it.   smiley

I will post next the graphical part so you can see it more clearly and if you still don't understand it, the we can do it some other way.
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Pharoh: 4:09am On Jan 15, 2011
The image to the first question.

Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Pharoh: 4:11am On Jan 15, 2011
The image to the second reply.

Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Pharoh: 4:12am On Jan 15, 2011
The image to the third reply.

Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Pharoh: 4:19am On Jan 15, 2011
uplawal:

how do i send videos from youtube?.

You can insert videos like the one below by clicking the word Youtube videos and follow the instructions there.

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNntb2_T-sw&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Pharoh: 4:26am On Jan 15, 2011
uplawal:

how do i send link to nairaland.

I don't know what you mean exactly, maybe to paste links of other websites on nairaland or past links to nairaland on another website. Anyway here is what i could get from nairaland just click on this and this as well. Follow the instructions in those two pages.
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Mobinga: 4:54pm On Jan 15, 2011
good job pharoh
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Goetia: 4:03am On Jan 16, 2011
Thank you very much, I ain't naija so yes it was very helpful  grin
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Mobinga: 5:56am On Jan 16, 2011
^^^ cheesy cheesy
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by sambruce(m): 1:33pm On Feb 14, 2011
sam sunshine invest nig ltd. curtain dealer,vertical/venetian blinds,rods/acesory/gen contractor 07028262566/08132587234
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 07, 2011
Please how do I IM people here?
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by nanidee(f): 11:50pm On Apr 08, 2011
hi, Please is it possible to get alerts on responses to threads you have posted on, while you are still logged on to nairaland, or while you are viewing another post? (just like the pop-ups you see when someone comments on your post on facebook) Or do you only receive the alert in your email?

If this is possible please share how to get those settings.
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 11, 2011
nanidee:

hi, Please is it possible to get alerts on responses to threads you have posted on, while you are still logged on to nairaland, or while you are viewing another post? (just like the pop-ups you see when someone comments on your post on facebook) Or do you only receive the alert in your email?

If this is possible please share how to get those settings.

Its possible, while you are on nairaland log into your email with which you registered your NL account. The moment a topic you're watching is replied to, an email will be sent to you with a link in it to access that page. Hope this helps
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by nanidee(f): 4:21pm On Apr 11, 2011
^^ okay, thanks.

In order words, the only way it works is with the email. I was thinking there could be pop-ups or something,rather than the email notification.

All the same, thanks a million. kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 11, 2011
nanidee:

^^ okay, thanks.

In order words, the only way it works is with the email. I was thinking there could be pop-ups or something,rather than the email notification.

All the same, thanks a million. kiss kiss kiss kiss

grin grin grin
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by dominique(f): 12:11am On Apr 12, 2011
@nanidee
i won't advice you to go fir the email notifications. they're damn annoying! just go to your updated topics and check out the updated threads that you've posted in.
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by nanidee(f): 1:51am On Apr 12, 2011
Just discovering this.

Thanks girl. wink
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 12, 2011
@nanidee
i won't advice you to go fir the email notifications. they're damn annoying! just go to your updated topics and check out the updated threads that you've posted in.
I checked it out seems to be the better option since there is no need to sign in to your email, but there are times I reply to as much as 30 topics, how do I keep tab or follow them. There are times it even takes as long as 2 months for the next poster to come by. So do I treat the issues?

btw if you can help, how do I go about sending personal messages to inbox, someone sent me one recently. I couldn't even find the button to reply.
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Akpojeweo: 11:09am On Aug 07, 2011
Pls how do i insert a weblink or website during my reply, requesting others to click on? I don't understand the previous answers to this same question.
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Akpojeweo: 8:31am On Aug 08, 2011
Let someone help me on my previous question.
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by r231(m): 10:38am On Oct 07, 2011
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by uniqueman(m): 6:57pm On Feb 12, 2012
Please, how do I include a picture (not a link) with my post?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri / Video: Real Story Of Nigeria / 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.