Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,404 members, 7,781,161 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:06 AM

The Latest On ASUU Strike - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Latest On ASUU Strike (156558 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike / Latest News On ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by buoye1(m): 7:57am On Jul 24, 2013
Source?
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by Shigoboy(m): 9:31am On Jul 24, 2013
I pray the ongoing ASUU strike will not be like that of 2009, 6 months at home.
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by toby09(m): 3:53pm On Jul 24, 2013
odinakachi: The latest news concerning ASUU and their strike is that the federal government has signed the agreement on the increament on vasity teachers' salary. So i think they are likely to call off this their terrifying strike
ok, na u sign am, abi?
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by micemb: 6:24am On Jul 25, 2013
seems the number of Nigerian youths trying to leave the country is increasing by day, looking for any opportunity to develop and improve on their careers. The cost of leaving the country is also not getting cheaper neither is it getting easier to get visas these days. I would recommend we youths to begin to look out for ways to develop our skills and become innovative. Hopefully we can become the bill gates and steve jobs of Africa knowing that they didn't have to finish Uni (certificates are still very important). But then we need the right facility and environment.

Good luck to everyone on the quest to succeed in life.
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by Lakerz009(m): 8:03pm On Jul 26, 2013
Watz wiv the govnment alongside ASUU today....? Any Livelock cos am tired of Deadlocks...
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by NerdyPoet(m): 9:49pm On Jul 26, 2013
Today's meeting was half successful, FG has approved 5 out of ASUU's 7 demands. Meeting continues on Monday.. Read up here www.barrackoblog./2013/07/26/ASUU-strike-fg-fails-to-reach-agreement
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by oluemmakay(m): 4:30am On Jul 27, 2013
I hope they will not let our staying at home be in vain. They should endeavor to finalise all agreements and bring it to a reasonable conclusion before calling off the strike.
Already dusting my books in preparation for CA/Exam because datz the next agenda immediately after the strike.
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by Akosbaba(m): 6:15am On Jul 27, 2013
toby09:
ok, na u sign am, abi?
can't you see the date?
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by BrutusOj(m): 9:49am On Jul 29, 2013
bigcil: omo this strike ting is getin on my nerves wat is it wth the feds ahhh, if i wer the presdt i would resign or do the right thing most of these lecturers are the ones that brought up most of these bleeped up sex and money freaked senators,governors and those in power, they deserve the right to be heard but, at the expence of the students like it has always been said "when two elephants fight, the grass would be the one that would suffer"this should be a lesson for us so that when we get there we would not be like the previous ones, we would set an example like the governor of Lagos state, Fashola angry angry
Eveytin,u guys shout for resignation.Do u knw when this vry issue started?how can u tell d president to resign cos of agreement signed by another presiden?
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by djbazz(m): 1:40pm On Jul 30, 2013
Yea i watched the news now that schools should be reopened on monday. I watched it on catoon network. Hahahahahah ezeblinks 26F9D749.
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by rodgermetty(m): 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
That's bad leaders for you
Browse unlimited on PC and ANDROID contact 07063667303 BBM:21E1605F FB:http://fb.com/olujimi.metilelu
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by keskylaty(m): 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
Any news on ASUU strike yet?
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by EJINO: 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
ASUU MAY CALL OFF STRIKE THIS WEEK http:///r2shpKVDHT
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by iykyvic(m): 7:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by GNwafor(m): 8:56pm On Aug 21, 2013
Are you tired of the incessant strike actions in the Nigerian Education sector, all hope is not lost, there is a way out.

A Hot-selling E-Book just released exposes some of the world's best online tuition free Universities with NYSC Certificate Guaranteed.

Get the e-book with just $25/N4000.

You future is in your hands
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by Asb4love(m): 8:07am On Aug 24, 2013
FG Directs ASUU To Go Back To Classroom
By: Kuni Tyessi-Avong onAugust 23, 2013 - 4:35pm
Despite the resolve on Thursday by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, to continue the on-going strike until all agreements signedin 2009 are reached, thefederal government, on Friday, ordered that lecturers should go back to classrooms after it had disbursedthe sum of N30 billion for earned academic allowances.
The directive which was given by the secretary to the government of the federation, Sen AnyimPius Anyim, during a meeting between thefederal government and the vice-chancellors of the 61 public universities, stated that "Government, hereby, urges every staff of the nation's universities to return to work as all issues are being resolved."
He said with particular reference to the contentious issue of earned allowances, every staff of the universities that is so entitled should verify his claim with the university council andaccordingly get paid as "from the foregoing, it is obvious that government has demonstrated sufficient commitment to the implementation of the 2009 FG/ASUU agreement.
"After series of discussions, government has nowprovided N30 billion to support the university councils in settling the earned allowances. The amount will be disbursed to the various university councils which are in the position to know who is entitled to how much after verification."
He revealed that"Traditionally, universities pay this to deserving staff butbecause of the amount which ASUU now claims as arrears, government has decided to assist the university councils to pay" as government did not receive any computation of amount involved untilFebruary, 2013.
"By this computation, ASUU is claiming N92 billion as arrears for three year's payment based on percentage rage of between 15 and 20 per cent of personnel cost."
While there was consensus that revitalising the tertiary institutions is of critical importance to the nation, Anyim noted that "when puttogether, the amount of funds from the budgetary and non-budgetary sources that goes into the sector is quite huge but without corresponding impact.
While acknowledgingthe contributions of the Non-Academic Staff Union, NASU, Senior Association of Nigerian Universities, SSANU, National Association of Nigerian Students, NANS, and other stakeholders, Anyim reiterated the government's resolve'to bringing the students back to school and appreciated the patience of parents and students as government is making every effort to revitalise the university system."
It would be recalled that on July 2, 2013, ASUU declared what it called "total and indefinite strike" overissues it says has remained unresolved pertaining to an agreement it reachedwith government in 2009.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by ifeoluwaomotoso(m): 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
ASUU strike- things will soon be over as God is intervening into the affair.

2 Likes

Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by infobiz9ja(m): 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2013
Thread Closed
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by dan8real(m): 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2013
ASUU is mad
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by Help4rmme2u(m): 3:30am On Oct 16, 2013
this is so tragic of our dear nation.... xo hard to beleive i am still at home over hundred days... hmmmmm na wa oooo ..........pals for marketing tips and uniabuja news check my profile

1 Like

Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by SlyIg(f): 6:57am On Oct 16, 2013
Help4rmme2u: this is so tragic of our dear nation.... xo hard to beleive i am still at home over hundred days... hmmmmm na wa oooo ..........pals for marketing tips and uniabuja news check my profile
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by timwezzb(m): 9:25am On Oct 16, 2013
One thing I like with this ASUU Posting and Nwes is the "WILL SOON CALL OFF" but the "SOON" will Never COME grin grin grin
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by newspapers: 9:20am On Aug 18, 2014
There can never be national development with constant academic strikes. It wont work. Check out all the advancing nations even in Africa Strike is not the way to positive negotiation - http://www.divanaija.com.ng/ASUU-strike-nigeria-students-dilemma-strikes/
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by samsonbabalola: 2:56pm On Aug 29, 2017
Any body got a news about the ASUU meeting that is Holding this Afternoon
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 24, 2022
Please when will ASUU call off strike it's 6 months already.
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by tayewomi(m): 2:53pm On Jul 24, 2022
imagine 9 yrs later,we almost on 6months old strike..This country is irredeemable..
At Op above asking wen strike will be off..
pls try to get something doing,this strike isn't ending anytime soon,unless FG answer ASUU.
Re: The Latest On ASUU Strike by Hueyreckless0007: 5:07pm On Jul 24, 2022
Reading this thread from the first page is scary, considering the fact that the same scenario is repeating itself again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

WAEC Online Registration (waeconline.org.ng) / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2016/2017 Post UTME /admission Thread / Unilag Admission 2018/2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.