Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,917 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship (82930 Views)

NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2017 / 2017/2018 Nigeria LNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship / Gtbank Recruitment 2016/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by bfbellexce: 1:47pm On May 27, 2016
aibaybay:
hello everyone, i had the same problem with my registration and password issues, but i used another email to start over. pls i will like to know, does anyone have an idea of the value of the scholarship...for instance nddc gives $30000 from what i have heard, does any one know the amount for nlng? thanks in advance.

I read somewhere it is worth between $60,000 to $69,000

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by bfbellexce: 1:54pm On May 27, 2016
apheyz:

Please I'd like to make a few inquiries before I complete my registration. Before I started the registration at all, I applied and was given provisional admission into Coventry university. problem is I haven't written the English language proficiency test(IELTS).
Will that in anyway hinder my chances for now. I understand I am going to have to write iti eventually. Is it poosible to secure the schorlaship without the IELTS for now?

Please advice

u can apply wit out d test result. just select btween 6-7 on the score range. i cant rmemba if conventry was part of d selected schools. make sure to confirm. universities of Leeds, Liverpool strathclyde etc

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by wroskian(m): 3:11pm On May 29, 2016
Mr apheyz, sorry for the late response.

In the past, the norm was to apply by submitting an application form via email to British Council who then conduct the screening on behalf of NLNG, make a shortlist and invite successful applicants for panel interview followed by IELTS test. In other words, IELTS was considered at a later stage of the process.

Since there's a slight change in the mode of application this time, I can't categorically tell you if failure to present an IELTS score at this stage would adversely affect your chances. In my opinion, since IELTS wasn't stated as a core requirement in the advert, I guess it would suffice to follow bfbellexce's advice. But then, we need to ask ourselves about the implications of stating a score you don't possess. CHEERS!!!

3 Likes

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Darlx(m): 4:37pm On May 30, 2016
wroskian:

In the past, the norm was to apply by submitting an application form via email to British Council who then conduct the screening on behalf of NLNG, make a shortlist and invite successful applicants for panel interview followed by IELTS test. In other words, IELTS was considered at a later stage of the process.

Since there's a slight change in the mode of application this time, I can't categorically tell you if failure to present an IELTS score at this stage would adversely affect your chances. In my opinion, since IELTS wasn't stated as a core requirement in the advert, I guess it would suffice to follow bfbellexce's advice. But then, we need to ask ourselves about the implications of stating a score you don't possess. CHEERS!!!

Well said
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by faith2ogesco(m): 7:01pm On May 31, 2016
wroskian:

not able to submit without ielts is a website program from my own point for view. that site is not it at all
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Stevostical(m): 7:40pm On May 31, 2016
faith2ogesco:
not able to submit without ielts is a website program from my own point for view. that site is not it at all
That site no be am at all, the IT people working there needs to make it more user friendly.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by bfbellexce: 10:39am On Jun 01, 2016
wroskian:

well said bro but u are compelled to provide a score lest u cant submit.
i rmember wile it was conducted by british council d min. scroe was 6.0
just take a range u can mak if u are rquired to sit for d test.
i hav an admission witout d test requirement and dont kno dey might just take it dat way God willing
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by wroskian(m): 12:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
bfbellexce:

well said bro but u are compelled to provide a score lest u cant submit.
i rmember wile it was conducted by british council d min. scroe was 6.0
just take a range u can mak if u are rquired to sit for d test.
i hav an admission witout d test requirement and dont kno dey might just take it dat way God willing
It was actually minimum of 6.0 in each sub-section and minimum overall score of 6.5.

Has anyone been able to submit by selecting "Not specified?"
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by wroskian(m): 12:15pm On Jun 01, 2016
faith2ogesco:
Are you insinuating it might not be considered at this stage?
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by faith2ogesco(m): 5:49am On Jun 02, 2016
wroskian:

Are you insinuating it might not be considered at this stage?
yup I am. saw ur mail. couldn't reply. mailer demon wahala
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by emekuzi: 8:41pm On Jun 02, 2016
Hi all, for peeps who are familiar with NLNG process, i want to ask if conditional offers are accepted for the applications. please i need your responses.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by arrylinkz(m): 3:37pm On Jun 05, 2016
Am having issues with this nlng stuff i open and registered with my system and any time i go to the web site it automatically signs me in. Buh recently my sys had a problem and i tried loging in on another sys, have forgotten my password though so i decided to use the forget password option a password was sent to my mail box but even with that password i still cant login. Does anybody pls have a solution
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Magicc: 5:08pm On Jun 05, 2016
You can use a conditional offer for the application

emekuzi:
Hi all, for peeps who are familiar with NLNG process, i want to ask if conditional offers are accepted for the applications. please i need your responses.

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by arrylinkz(m): 6:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
Password log on no longer possible- too many failed attempts. Pls how can i solve this problem
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Stevostical(m): 8:20pm On Jun 05, 2016
arrylinkz:
Password log on no longer possible- too many failed attempts. Pls how can i solve this problem
I had same problem, about starting afresh. I had advice u do same soonest.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by davidchior(m): 1:37pm On Jun 12, 2016
I write this mail to you to inquire the following things;
1. I am not employed, so what is expected of me to fill for Tax Code on the NAE compliance form.
2. What is Birth Certificate from Local Government? Is it LGA of Origin or Birth Declaration of Age?
3. How is the NAE compliance form supposed to be filled? Type written and uploaded or Hand written, Scanned and Uploaded.
4.I am getting an Error Message in trying to update my additional information on Personal details. What should I do?
I will be glad if you can give me the best of assistance.
Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.
My email: chiordavid@gmail.com, 08131011617. Thanks for any1 with useful information
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by nwakaegoabisola(f): 9:18pm On Jun 12, 2016
davidchior:
1. I am not employed, so what is expected of me to fill for Tax Code on the NAE compliance form.
2. What is Birth Certificate from Local Government? Is it LGA of Origin or Birth Declaration of Age?
3. How is the NAE compliance form supposed to be filled? Type written and uploaded or Hand written, Scanned and Uploaded.
4.I am getting an Error Message in trying to update my additional information on Personal details. What should I do?
My email: chiordavid@gmail.com, 08131011617. Thanks for any1 with useful information

I think you commented in the wrong thread, looks like it's meant for the Agip thread
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by wroskian(m): 10:12am On Jun 13, 2016
davidchior:
https://www.nairaland.com/2364989/nigerian-agip-exploration-limited-2015
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by wroskian(m): 10:16am On Jun 13, 2016
nwakaegoabisola:

I think you commented in the wrong thread, looks like it's meant for the Agip thread
I have seen you on major scholarship threads of recent. May God bless your hustle : )

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by amicable09(f): 1:06pm On Jun 13, 2016
wroskian:

I have seen you on major scholarship threads of recent. May God bless your hustle : )
Amen cheesy

I see the two of you actually grin.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by KennyAyodeji(f): 2:16pm On Jun 13, 2016
Please house, can HND with good grade apply as well? And if not what can I do to apply? Thanks
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by wroskian(m): 2:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
grin grin
amicable09:
Amen cheesy I see the two of you actually grin.

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by stanisbaratheon: 2:48pm On Jun 13, 2016
amicable09:
Amen cheesy
I see the two of you actually grin.
the general overseer smiley
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by amicable09(f): 6:06pm On Jun 13, 2016
stanisbaratheon:

the general overseer smiley
Lol.
No Stan. I'm just a regional overseer grin
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Stevostical(m): 6:25pm On Jun 13, 2016
amicable09:

Lol.
No Stan. I'm just a regional overseer grin
I concur with Stan jor, Amy dear (hope I can call you that), you do have a great sense of humour, I frequent your diary and do have a good laff most times. The last one about the man really got me cracking my ribs. Thumbs up.
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by stanisbaratheon: 6:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
amicable09:
Lol. No Stan. I'm just a regional overseer grin

you see i'm not wrong after all, you still be overseer wink

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by stanisbaratheon: 6:47pm On Jun 13, 2016
wroskian:
grin grin
hmm..... wroskian! This guy you go like differential equations like madt
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by amicable09(f): 7:03pm On Jun 13, 2016
Stevostical:

I concur with Stan jor, Amy dear (hope I can call you that), you do have a great sense of humour, I frequent your diary and do have a good laff most times. The last one about the man really got me cracking my ribs. Thumbs up.
Lol. Concur with me first joor grin
Thanks for frequenting that corner. It's a pleasure to know someone stops by. I hope you are not that kind of man sha...

Good evening my dear Steve grin

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Jefa4real: 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2016
emekuzi:
Sure, DAT is what most people get, a conditional offer where funding is the only condition.

2 Likes

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Belemaj: 11:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
hi everyone, still having the same trouble logging in as reported earlier...successful applicants, how did you all get past the username and password challenge

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Magicc: 11:30pm On Jun 16, 2016
Your password should be like this Naira14 (Big and small letters and numbers)

Belemaj:
hi everyone, still having the same trouble logging in as reported earlier...successful applicants, how did you all get past the username and password challenge
Re: 2016/2017 NLNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship by Nobody: 12:43am On Jun 17, 2016
Darlx:
Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) invites applications from qualified candidates for the NLNG Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for entry into Masters Programmes in the United Kingdom in September 2016.

Nigeria LNG Limited Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme 2016

Criteria For Award
Prospective beneficiaries must:
Have a provisional admission from select UK institutions to study any of the following disciplines:
Engineering,
Geosciences,
Environmental Sciences,
Management Sciences,
Information Technology,
Law
Medicine
Possess a minimum of 2nd Class Upper degree in a relevant field of study
Have completed the NYSC programme
Be no more than 30 years of age
Be Nigerian nationals resident in Nigeria
Provide identification documents from their LGAs
Possess an international passport valid for travel at least one year from September 2016
Provide evidence that they are available to travel in September 201 6 if selected
Not be a spouse, child nor ward of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited
Application Closing Date
19th June, 2016.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click this link http://www.tadall.com/nigeria-lngnlng-post-graduate-scholarship-2016 to know more and apply

Note: All requested documents must be attached. Only shortlisted applicants shall be invited for the selection interview. Applicants are therefore advised to be on the lookout for the short list on the NLNG website.

any area of concentration for the selection Exam??

pls past partakers should come and help with tips to scaling through in this process

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Share Your Keystone Bank Test Score / How To Join The SSS, Customs / Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.