Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (63529 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by justkunmi(m): 9:25am On Sep 03, 2009
tkb
Is.Hagreaves.back?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 9:26am On Sep 03, 2009
he should be back at the training ground this month end.
i expect him to start playing by next month
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by justkunmi(m): 11:15am On Sep 03, 2009
Hope.he's.actually.goin.to.return. He.hasnt.played.for.more.than.a.year.now. .

His.addition.would.be.very.important.this.season. .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 03, 2009
with Hargo,things are scary.
Hopefully his rehabilitation would have gone to plan.I think it will take a month for him to get to full fitness.
I do hope he comes back to himself i.e. 2007-08 form
I think i have doubts as to how long he'll last.I might be wrong.
It's just that he's a vital player.We need him and his presence will give guys on the squad a huge lift.

(happen to be missing those dumb gaynners.)
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dyabman(m): 11:39am On Sep 03, 2009
you guys u try and promote eckersly from your team.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2009
dyabman:

you guys u try and promote eckersly from your team.

and what is that all about?are you trying to be funny?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 12:45pm On Sep 03, 2009
CHANTING CRETINS NEED TO BE SILENCED?

What is to be done about the Arsène Wenger paedophile chant, beloved of knuckle-dragging cretins who imagine that baying it at the Arsenal
manager constitutes making some kind of point? One is always loth to write off a policy before it has been given time to take effect, yet even though the Arsenal manager has only endured this one for 13 years, perhaps it is pertinent to inquire whether the police and the Football Association's strategy of doing precisely nothing can really be said to be making any inroads.

Unless you suffer from a selective deafness that could rival the selective myopia that Wenger himself has long conquered, you will be aware that the chant reared its hideous head last Saturday at Old Trafford, during Arsenal's loss to Manchester United. It wasn't the most novel thing to occur in the crowd during the game. For my money, Wenger's arms-outstretched foray into the stands was quite majestic, despite being vaguely reminiscent of Leonardo DiCaprio's cringe-making "I'm king of the world!" moment in Titanic. Yet of course there will be others who found it pathetic.

But the one thing we ought to be able to agree on is the utter repulsiveness of that chant, which is by no means diminished by people citing Munich chants or gas chamber chants as though the existence of other horrors somehow means it all evens out in the end. Our business here is with the Wenger chant, and what can be done about it, but by extension all other such odious chants, which only the cowardly and defeatist could accept as just one of those things.

Needless to say, the FA declined to return repeated calls on the matter, presumably having far more important things to do than discuss the vile abuse of a manager over more than a decade. What were those urgent things? Well, I note they squeezed out a press release announcing Rafa Benítez had been charged with improper conduct for comments made after the Spurs game a couple of weeks ago. So we can only guess at the sabre-toothed nature of plans to combat this blight, that they are even now not really being arsed to come up with.

Some argue that the leadership should come from managers. When Mido was abused by sections of the West Ham fans a few years back, the club's then manager, Alan Pardew, condemned it immediately. "It's never nice and I don't approve of it," he said. "I apologise. It's very difficult because it goes on in most games. But that doesn't mean to say we accept it."

Such straight-up denunciations are a rarity, alas, though one can dream of more progressive times, where players and managers would make a point of condemning the vilest excesses of supporters in the strongest possible terms in their post-match interviews.

That Sir Alex Ferguson opted to stay silent on Saturday is a shame, but he did address the issue last year, decrying United supporters who abused Wenger, adding that "the police should be doing more".

What then of the police, who have power vested in them by the 1991 Football Offences Act? Several Spurs fans who abused Sol Campbell at Portsmouth last September have been convicted this year, but Greater Manchester police have no record of any complaint being made by a member of the public on Saturday. Should they wish to act on their own initiative, they may care to start with the online vendors selling a downloadable version of the chant, presumably for people who don't have enough scumbag friends to sing along with them.

Interestingly, the most striking progress has been made by individual supporters. Two years ago, three Arsenal season ticket holders – a Jew, a Muslim and a Christian, should it matter – sued their own club for the antisemitic chants they repeatedly heard at the Emirates, arguing that it amounted to a breach of the Race Relations Act. They maintained that since Arsenal had a written policy of taking firm action on racist behaviour in the ground, the club were in breach of contract.

Yesterday their lawyer Lawrence Davies confirmed that as a direct result of their action, Arsenal agreed to install a replica scheme to that which was already in place at Tottenham, whereby supporters could text anonymously if someone nearby them was spewing such chants.

Must enterprising or crusading individuals fill the vacuum left by the various authorities? The latter appear to have decided that chants like the Wenger one are a mere fact of life, so at present, depressingly, it would seem so.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 1:27pm On Sep 03, 2009
Sauron
I think this is the aspect our our fans we have to control to avoid getting the big stick from the FA
No matter how hard. I don't know what the statuts say about chants and what could be called offensive
But maybe they are keeping mum (FA) cos Wengay has not complained about it. But in truth the guy na paedo!! tongue

CRIZ, TK
Why was Tosic not included in this team list?
I thought some of these guys are supposed to start seeing first team action on big stages like
Or doesn't he have a place in the team yet?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by slimshay(m): 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2009
For all the deeds Mike Dean did on saturday, this one was just plain stupid. Asking him to stand in front of fans who had been making that vile chant all day long?!!
to think that it could be sanctioned to be listed in a compilation that is on sale at amazon and now i hear its even on itunes. What has the FA been doing since forever. And i think Alex Ferguson should have come out harder against this nonsense.
Nopt to be hypocritical fans make taunts, we use all sorts of weird monikers for perceived enemies on NL but look at that picture, that takes the cake. But trust the best manger in the world  grin, he still comes out of it looking all knightly, all hail Lord Wenger!!!  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:31pm On Sep 03, 2009
Emperoh:

Sauron
I think this is the aspect our our fans we have to control to avoid getting the big stick from the FA
No matter how hard. I don't know what the statuts say about chants and what could be called offensive
But maybe they are keeping mum (FA) cos Wengay has not complained about it. But in truth the guy na paedo!! tongue

SPURS fan started it but United fans have taken it to another level.
The funniest shiznit is Man City writing a letter to the FA that United fans will use racist chants on Adebayor in the Manchester Derby.
They make it sound as if United don't have black players or Adebayor will be playing at OT for the first time in his career.

Citeh are taking the piss.

Tosic missed out due to restrictions on the number of non-EU players that can be selected.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 1:48pm On Sep 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

SPURS fan started it but United fans have taken it to another level.
The funniest shiznit is Man City writing a letter to the FA that United fans will use racist chants on Adebayor in the Manchester Derby.
They make it sound as if United don't have black players or Adebayor will be playing at OT for the first time in his career.

Citeh are taking the piss.

I think Citeh have started the mind games already.
and they are taking advantage of the fact that, the AW song, sung by Manure fans was quite audible on TV.
The Adebayor song is racist though
They should put the composr and whoever sings it in jail tongue
About that article, I am surprised. shocked
That song has always been sung at O.T for donkey years and nothing has ever been done about it!
The song is contemptible and disgraceful
It doesn't get AW angry though, I am sure in his heart, he's always like, 'these are just the idiots who parade as supporters'.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:53pm On Sep 03, 2009
HNIC:

I think Citeh have started the mind games already.
and they are taking advantage of the fact that, the AW song, sung by Manure fans was quite audible on TV.
The Adebayor song is racist though

What Adebayor song? Is it not the normal "Adebayor. . . .give him the ball and he would score"
Whatz racist about that? Adebayor musta played at OT for more than 6 times and i have never heard our fans chant racist slurs at him.
United don't consider Adebayor as someone that important. . . . .Who the Bleep is Ade at OT terraces?

They should put the composr and whoever sings it in jail tongue
About that article, I am surprised. shocked
That song has always been sung at O.T for donkey years and nothing has ever been done about it!
The song is contemptible and disgraceful
It doesn't get AW angry though, I am sure in his heart, he's always like, 'these are just the idiots who parade as supporters'.

The Wenger song is a classic.
Someone downloaded it on CDs and it's selling like akara on Amazon. grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 2:06pm On Sep 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

What Adebayor song? Is it not the normal "Adebayor. . . .give him the ball and he would score"
Whatz racist about that? Adebayor musta played at OT for more than 6 times and i have never heard our fans chant racist slurs at him.
United don't consider Adebayor as someone that important. . . . .Who the Bleep is Ade at OT terraces?
@Sauron
It is not the normal one, . . . . .
The song was changed by those scums at White Hart lane
I know, u know the song!
It is racist to the core!

~Sauron~:

Someone downloaded it on CDs and it's selling like akara on Amazon. grin grin grin
I could have sworn, it was you I saw singing it loud on TV two seasons ago. grin
Just watch out.
Video evidences would be used against you and you may need a Lawyer very soon wink
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 2:08pm On Sep 03, 2009
The Wenger issue has to be stopped. . . . .  .As for Adebayor, i don't think its an issue! Cos if there were really chants,, United woulda been sanctioned big time. . . . .Ade no sabi close mouth oo!!!

HNIC
I don't know any team better than United at mind games. . . . Rafa tried it with Fergie. . . .  . he nearly went bunkers
He had to pull out papers to reel out Fergie's 'offences'.
So if Citizens wanna try it, i wish them luck. . . .   they had better ask Tevz for advice!!

Mancs
I pray everyone returns from the Internationals unscathed!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2009
Well,
For the records, the original song by the Gooners:

Adebayor, Adebayooooor
Give him the ball and he will score!

the Remix by the Scums at white hart lane goes:

Adebayor, Adebayooooor
His dad washes elephants
and his mum is a wh*re!

Sickos!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:16pm On Sep 03, 2009
HNIC:

@Sauron
It is not the normal one,  . . . . .
The song was changed by those scums at White Hart lane
I know, u know the song!
It is racist to the core!

It's sometimes boring on the terraces and these fans pay through their noses to watch teams play some boring football.
The only other way to get em going is to sing abusive chants. . . .Isn't it?
The FA respect the fans a lot and they know any rubbish witch-hunt will cut down the attendance.

I could have sworn, it was you I saw singing it loud on TV two seasons ago. grin
Just watch out.
Video evidences would be used against you and you may need a Lawyer very soon wink

Have u heard the JS Park song at OT??

'Park, Park, Wherever you may be,
You eat dogs in your own country,
But it could be worse, you could be Scouse,
Eating rats in your council house!'

If we can say that about our own darling Ji Sung Park. . . . .
What is Adebayor's song compared to that?

Adebayor
Adebayooooorrrrrrr
His dad washes elephants
His mum is a LovePeddler

Ade's dad must be a rich Chief in Togo to be able to afford an elephant, don't u think? grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2009
e be like say FIFA don ban Chelsea from buying players for 2 years

how they will manage with OAPS for 2 years will be a wonder on earth
fingers crossed

this is the best time to start giving dem injuries grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2009
HNIC:

Well,
For the records, the original song by the Gooners:

Adebayor, Adebayooooor
Give him the ball and he will score!

the Remix by the Scums at white hart lane goes:

Adebayor, Adebayooooor
His dad washes elephants
and his mum is a wh*re!

Sickos!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2009
TK
Its a puishment for what they did to us on Mikel. . . . talk of Nemesis, this is a perfect definition!!!
better not imagine what Mikel woulda been turned into had he chosen to be under Fergie!!!

for those who don't know, here is the link. . . . .

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03092009/58/premier-league-chelsea-hit-shock-transfer-ban.html
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by IYANGBALI: 4:57pm On Sep 03, 2009
Emperoh:

TK
Its a puishment for what they did to us on Mikel. . . . talk of Nemesis, this is a perfect definition!!!
better not imagine what Mikel woulda been turned into had he chosen to be under Fergie!!!

for those who don't know, here is the link. . . . .

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03092009/58/premier-league-chelsea-hit-shock-transfer-ban.html

God don catch dem yeye arrogant blues tongue tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by slimshay(m): 5:11pm On Sep 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by slimshay(m): 5:12pm On Sep 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

Sauron please i hope this does not mean you support that song!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by bydot1(m): 9:51pm On Sep 03, 2009
Gudevenin my fellow mancunians
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 10:16am On Sep 04, 2009
hey mancs whats hapn?
i hope our players stay outta injuries this weekend

i need my Rooney firing against Spurs
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Ibime(m): 10:20am On Sep 04, 2009
@ all those celebrating the transfer-ban on Chelsea, it is said that he who swallows a long pestle must sleep in a straight line.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2621362/Youre-a-bunch-of-thieves.html

CHELSEA were accused of 'stealing' French wonderkid Gael Kakuta last night after being hit with a 16-month transfer ban.

The Blues were found guilty of inducing Kakuta to breach his contract with Lens in an historic ruling by FIFA.

And Premier League champions Manchester United could be next, after being reported over how they signed Le Havre prodigy Paul Pogba.

Meanwhile, minnows Le Havre have accused United of offering 'large amounts of money' to ex-French Under-16 captain Pogba's parents before the player's move to Old Trafford last month.

United vehemently deny the accusations but could face the same charges as Chelsea over Kakuta.

The Red Devils claim they were within their rights to sign the player, as he had not signed any legally binding Le Havre contract.

A United spokesman said: "These claims are complete nonsense.

"Everything has been done within the UEFA guidelines."

UEFA chief Michel Platini said of the Chesea ban: "This could be a start for putting in place regulations covering the movement of young players."
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 10:24am On Sep 04, 2009
story
you will wait forever if you think UTD will be banned

haha
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 10:37am On Sep 04, 2009
There was luck on their part but part of that "luck" is that they have been champions for so long and have earned the "respect" of referees and hence tend to get away with most things.
I am sure Arsenal get away with more things when playing small clubs as well.

Unfair but reality is a bitch.

I am still proud of our performance and hope they go on to better things.

Viera one of the gayyners posted this in one of the threads
tht guys surely knows his footie

Viera, nice one

im gonna post this on the gaynners thread also
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 11:27am On Sep 04, 2009
Now it's Man utd's turn.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1211099/EXCLUSIVE-Manchester-United-FIFA-spotlight-pursuit-Le-Havres-Paul-Pogba.html

EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United are put under FIFA spotlight for pursuit of Le Havre's Paul Pogba
By Matt Lawton
Chief Football Correspondent

Manchester United could be the next club hit with a transfer ban after being accused of snatching another young French star from his club.

FIFA are investigating allegations made by Le Havre that the Barclays Premier League champions offered cash to France Under 16 captain Paul Pogba to lure him to Old Trafford.

United argue that Pogba was not under contract with the French club when he signed for United in July. Le Havre claim otherwise and have lodged a complaint with FIFA.

A statement from Le Havre said: ‘United offered very high sums of money to the parents with the aim of obtaining the transfer of their son.
‘At a time when parties are speaking out against the “trading of minors”, Manchester United does not hesitate to uproot a 16-year-old kid.’
Le Havre managing director Alain Belsoeur claims to have documentation showing United offered inducements for Pogba to join them and has vowed to include it in submissions to the world's governing body.

'We are still pursuing our case,' he said. 'It is a very serious case. We are confident that we'll win because it is in the best interests not just of our club but of sport.

'We spend five million euros [about £4.3million] on our academy every year out of a turnover of 12 million euros. It is a huge investment.

'We do that to give a chance to our players to develop for our first team, not to be an academy for others. What is the point of investing in an academy if the players leave at 16? This is clearly a message from FIFA to protect the education system.'

United deny the allegations. A club spokesman said: ‘It is complete nonsense. Everything has been done within FIFA guidelines.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1211099/EXCLUSIVE-Manchester-United-FIFA-spotlight-pursuit-Le-Havres-Paul-Pogba.html#ixzz0Q8HlEfIJ

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 11:33am On Sep 04, 2009
Real U-16 kid.
Will pass MRI test before the machine is put on grin

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 11:37am On Sep 04, 2009
dude is so so young
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by RuuDie(m): 11:49am On Sep 04, 2009
tkb417:

dude is so so young

correction. . . dude looks so young; don't mean he is young!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 11:52am On Sep 04, 2009
RuuDie:

correction. . . dude looks so young; don't mean he is young!
sometimes u can tell from looks
this boi is young. . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101)

Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! / Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.