Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:01 AM

Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? (5135 Views)

Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? / Is It Advisable To Marry A Female Your Close Friend Has Slept With?? / What Do Ladies Mean When They Say, 'I Need A God-fearing Man'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by uboma(m): 6:16pm On Feb 21, 2016
The first time a close pally of mine said so to me, i was like WTF. This happened many years ago though.

My girl-friend at the time also heard it and wondered if we had turned gays. She later relaxed when she found i was straight (and still is).

But over the years i have come to see it as normal even though our African culture frowns at such show of affection to members of the same sex. I say it to a few very close male friends of mine to this day.
And i do hug my friends (males inclusive).

How about you? Do you say same or you think its abnormal? Guys and ladies, lets join in the fun.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by acenazt: 6:18pm On Feb 21, 2016
Yeah Sure. Followed by NO HOMO.

5 Likes

Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by uboma(m): 6:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
▲▲▲▲ lol
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Emodeee: 6:21pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ladies have an iota of lesbianism in them, so it is allowed but guys, it's so gayish if you utter such statement. You will even feel awkward, yourself.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by TheRealAdonye(m): 6:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
Mbanu..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Solvik(f): 6:24pm On Feb 21, 2016
Since the question is directed to guys, make I dey observe.

1 Like

Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by uboma(m): 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2016
Emodeee:
Ladies have an iota of lesbianism in them, so it is allowed but guys, it's so gayish if you utter such statement. You will even feel awkward, yourself.

This is no longer the cave age bro.

there is absolutely nothing abnormal about telling a friend 'hey i love you' and 'i miss you'...

but if you still stand your grounds, then thats entirely your own opinion.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by uboma(m): 6:29pm On Feb 21, 2016
Solvik:
Since the question is directed to guys, make I dey observe.

What feeling would run through your head if you guy said same to his close pal who probably is many miles away?

And can you say same to your girlfriends?
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by LaurelP(m): 6:30pm On Feb 21, 2016
Without wasting time, I'd just say NO!
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by uboma(m): 6:30pm On Feb 21, 2016
TheRealAdonye:
Mbanu..

Maka why
lol
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by jonaifame22(m): 6:30pm On Feb 21, 2016
Never!
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Justiyke4u: 6:32pm On Feb 21, 2016
Awkward
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Emodeee: 6:37pm On Feb 21, 2016
uboma:

This is no longer the cave age bro.

there is absolutely nothing abnormal about telling a friend 'hey i love you' and 'i miss you'...

but if you still stand your grounds, then thats entirely your own opinion.

this is nigeria, not oyinbo country.

It's not allowed.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Solvik(f): 6:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
uboma:

What feeling would run through your head if you guy said same to his close pal who probably is many miles away?

And can you say same to your girlfriends?

There is no big deal in saying I love you to the same sex cause its so harmless, but you know Africans read meaning to so many things and due to what is now happening; same sex marriage so I prefer I like you.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by cruzita(f): 6:39pm On Feb 21, 2016
it sounds somehow na.leave am for girls

1 Like

Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by uboma(m): 6:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
Solvik:

There is no big deal in saying I love you to the same sex cause its so harmless, but you know Africans read meaning to so many things and due to what is now happening; same sex marriage so I prefer I like you.

From personal experience i have come to learn not to give a hoot about what others say about me or my actions.

I am 100 percent straight by the way.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Solvik(f): 6:49pm On Feb 21, 2016
uboma:

From personal experience i have come to learn not to give a hoot about what others say about me or my actions.

I am 100 percent straight by the way.

i don't care either. But let me ask you, the guys you say I love you to, how do they feel or what was their expression like?
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by lilmax(m): 6:52pm On Feb 21, 2016
Manginas everywhere
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Adonis3: 7:02pm On Feb 21, 2016
depends on both individuals

Yes, I tell my friend

I also tell him I miss him

Of course followed by "ur father"grin

#Adonis3HasSopken
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 21, 2016
Why not? I've said it once.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 21, 2016
Emodeee:
pls can you explain what you mean by iota of lesbianism ? smiley
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 21, 2016
Guys hardly show love to each other, even when they do its limited to hugs and handshake .

Its kinda strange saying that to a guy like you.

my opinion tho smiley
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Babe2sure(f): 7:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
I do say "I missed you" but I can't say "I love you" to my girlfriends.
The thing is, some people are bi-curious, saying i love you to them may fuel their bi-curiousity to want to experiment with you. What you don't want you don't attract!

It will be totally awkward for a guy to say it to his pals, in my opinion. If my guy should say that to his pal,I will not like the sound of it. And it could spark off a row if he doesn't drop the habit of saying it.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by uboma(m): 7:15pm On Feb 21, 2016
Solvik:

i don't care either. But let me ask you, the guys you say I love you to, how do they feel or what was their expression like?

My friends and i have come a long way and are used to such expressions.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by uboma(m): 7:17pm On Feb 21, 2016
cruzita:
it sounds somehow na.leave am for girls

lol.

let the love go round Sister.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by ronald4lif(m): 7:20pm On Feb 21, 2016
Don't think it's appropriate for a guy to use such doting expression towards a fellow guy. I'd feel unease if a guy I'm unrelated with tells me I love you. What da fvck does that mean? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by uboma(m): 7:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
Diddyydiva:
Guys hardly show love to each other, even when they do its limited to hugs and handshake .

Its kinda strange saying that to a guy like you.

my opinion tho smiley

There are exceptions though.

I see nothing wrong in such.

And yes you are entitled to your opinion.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by AyamConfidence(m): 7:26pm On Feb 21, 2016
I neva tell girl 'I LOVE YOU' finish na guy i go come dey tell...my guy first will look at me with that "your head correct so?" face....although i love my guys...its akward telling them so...its better to just show it by being there for them in times of need
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by uboma(m): 7:27pm On Feb 21, 2016
Babe2sure:
I do say "I missed you" but I can't say "I love you" to my girlfriends.
The thing is, some people are bi-curious, saying i love you to them may fuel their bi-curiousity to want to experiment with you. What you don't want you don't attract!

It will be totally awkward for a guy to say it to his pals, in my opinion. If my guy should say that to his pal,I will not like the sound of it. And it could spark off a row if he doesn't drop the habit of saying it.

Mind you, it would totally be awkward to me if a guy i barely know says he loves me. In fact i will shove my fist up his jaw for starters.

I only say this to my very close pals.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by Babe2sure(f): 7:41pm On Feb 21, 2016
uboma:

Mind you, it would totally be awkward to me if a guy i barely know says he loves me. In fact i will shove my fist up his jaw for starters.

I only say this to my very close pals.

It's not right to say it even to close pals. You don't know who is gay among them. And the person may see it as an invitation. That's my point.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by uboma(m): 7:48pm On Feb 21, 2016
Babe2sure:

It's not right to say it even to close pals. You don't know who is gay among them. And the person may see it as an invitation. That's my point.

lol.

There is no gay amongst my close pals.

Your point though has been noted but it wont stop me.
Re: Can You As A Guy Say 'I Love You' To Your Close Male Friend(s)? by chigoizie7(m): 8:06pm On Feb 21, 2016
I am no gay modafvcker.

Call it African mentality, that is who we are.

Such behaviours are nasty.

As a guy, tell me u love me and am gonna punch your fvcking nose.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Sucking Becomes An Obsession / I Just Discovered My Uncle's Wife Is Cheating On Him With My Cousin / Why Is Morning Sex So Sweet? Watch This Leaked Whatsapp Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.