Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:25 PM

Istikhara - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Istikhara (3067 Views)

Power Of Istikhara / Istikhara For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Istikhara by ademoladeji(m): 2:52am On Feb 22, 2016
Assalam alaekum waramatullah wabarakatuh my lovely brothers n sisters.

I come forward to seek your opinions with respect to the consequences of Istikhara on our various decisions.

By definition, "Istikhara" means to seek goodness from Allah (Exalted is He), meaning when one intends to do an important task they do istikhara before the task. The one who does the istikhara is as if they request Allah Almighty that, O the Knower of Unseen (Exalted is He) guide me if this task is better for me or not?

In what form can one get to know if that task is good or not?

I've seen relationships collapse because of Istikhara. Is it okay to just quit because of a feeling or not?
Re: Istikhara by balash(m): 2:43pm On Feb 22, 2016
There is nothing wrong in istikhara but am actually not a fan, I think you should marry a good muslim lady. Even if you not perfect in future pray about it together indoor, there is nothing difficult for Allah to do as far as you come to him in times of need.
Re: Istikhara by ademoladeji(m): 3:42pm On Feb 22, 2016
balash:
There is nothing wrong in istikhara but am actually not a fan, I think you should marry a good muslim lady. Even if you not perfect in future pray about it together indoor, there is nothing difficult for Allah to do as far as you come to him in times of need.

Jazak Allah Khaeran!!!

Thank you.

How do you convince someone abt that?
Re: Istikhara by balash(m): 4:37pm On Feb 22, 2016
ademoladeji:

Jazak Allah Khaeran!!!

Thank you.

How do you convince someone abt that?

If there is a lady who has probably done istikhara on u and she ain't pleased with what she saw then I think you should let her be and move on. Don't force it because ladies have weaker heart and if you force her she might even cheat in marriage or thereabout. She has been exposed to it and let it slide please. Move on
Re: Istikhara by ademoladeji(m): 5:04pm On Feb 22, 2016
balash:

If there is a lady who has probably done istikhara on u and she ain't pleased with what she saw then I think you should let her be and move on. Don't force it because ladies have weaker heart and if you force her she might even cheat in marriage or thereabout. She has been exposed to it and let it slide please. Move on

*sighs*

So difficult to let go but as you've rightly said, I can't force it on her. Thanks brother.

May Allah SWT grant you blessings here in this world and in the Hereafter
Re: Istikhara by balash(m): 6:29pm On Feb 22, 2016
ademoladeji:

*sighs*

So difficult to let go but as you've rightly said, I can't force it on her. Thanks brother.

May Allah SWT grant you blessings here in this world and in the Hereafter

Ameen! Thanks and you welcome. Just move on, you have better options. Loads of more pretty muslimah there. Though she might also be a very good lady but she has been exposed to the rigid istikhara beliefs, even it's said when you engage in istikhara and you not pleased about what you saw, you can pray to Allah on guidance. But Allah knows best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Istikhara by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2016
Please what are they seeing o
Contrary to belief that when one makes istikira, one would get the result in a dream form of some sort. Its a fallacy.
Knowing the meaning of the words uttered is even enough to prove this poin.
one makes istikira after seeking counsel on a matter. thereabout one chooses whatever option one's heart is more inclined towards and then begs Allah that if that option be good, that Allah makes it come through and if not, one would obviously encounter obstacles coming one's way whenever decision is made on that option.
E. G u want to make decision on either buying a Samsung phone or BlackBerry. U ask around and u seem to get more pros about bb. U make istikira and proceed to go buy it. If you encounter no probs then it's good, but if u keep being hindered by one thing or the other then it probably isnt what ur meant to buy.
Re: Istikhara by balash(m): 9:32am On Feb 24, 2016
enieme:
Contrary to belief that when one makes istikira, one would get the result in a dream form of some sort. Its a fallacy.
one makes istikira after seeking counsel on a matter. thereabout one chooses whatever option one's heart is more inclined towards and then begs Allah that if that option be good, that Allah makes it come through and if not, one would obviously encounter obstacles coming one's way whenever decision is made on that option.
E. G u want to make decision on either buying a Samsung phone or BlackBerry. U ask around and u seem to get more pros about bb. U make istikira and proceed to go buy it. If you encounter no probs then it's good, but if u keep being hindered by one thing or the other then it probably isnt what ur meant to buy.

Yes you on right track probably, but people's vices and hearsay are the problem we facing, every bachelor / spinster wants a perfect marriage forgetting that they would surely be ups and down in marriages and when it happens they equally claim it's the end. Am not an istikhara fan anyway. And I know surely well that when am married it won't be rosy always and I have every options to wakeup in the middle of the night, pray and seek for Allah's guidance.

But people want to see future and that's so wrong, imagine istikhara saying u can't bear child in marriage with a certain man u would love to marry and you left the man forgetting that only Allah provides children and he Allah can change everything as long as you beleive he can doo it.? Are u a fan of it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Istikhara by ademoladeji(m): 11:42am On Feb 24, 2016
enieme:

May Allah SWT grant you His blessings.

I listened to Bilal Philips'sermon about Istikhara and I think same point you just made.

What baffles me most is the way our 'so-called' clergies in this part of the world mislead us. The person I've given my all to, that person I thought was my dream, the lady I so much felt would carry my unborn babies, just left me because sm1 told her she'd see a dream of colour.

Yes! she did buh the colour was RED- meaning there is NO WAY!

God in His Supreme Oneness has the Sole Power to see 2mao but we outta our curiosity want to wrestle that power with Him.

I've accepted it as my Qadar (Kadara)

Everything occurs according to preordainment and according to what has been decreed. Such is the belief of Muslims, the followers of Muhammad (Blessings and Peace be upon him). And nothing happens in the Universe except through Allah's Knowledge, Permission, and Divine Plan.

And certainly, we shall test you with something of fear hunger loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to the patient ones.
(Quran 2: 155)

And in a hadith, the Prophet (bpuh) said:

"Wonderful is the affair of the believer! His affairs in their entirety are good for him: if good befalls him. he is thankful, and that is good for him. And if harm befalls him, he is patient, and that is good for him. And this (prosperous state of being) is only for the believer."

cc: balash

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Istikhara by balash(m): 12:31pm On Feb 24, 2016
ademoladeji:

I listened to Bilal Philips'sermon about Istikhara and I think same point you just made.

What baffles me most is the way our 'so-called' clergies in this part of the world mislead us. The person I've given my all to, that person I thought was my dream, the lady I so much felt would carry my unborn babies, just left me because sm1 told her she'd see a dream of colour.

God in His Supreme Oneness has the Sole Power to see 2mao but we outta our curiosity want to wrestle that power with Him.

Everything occurs according to preordainment and according to what has been decreed. Such is the belief of Muslims, the followers of Muhammad (Blessings and Peace be upon him). And nothing happens in the Universe except through Allah's Knowledge, Permission, and Divine Plan.

And certainly, we shall test you with something of fear hunger loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to the patient ones.

"Wonderful is the affair of the believer! His affairs in their entirety are good for him: if good befalls him. he is thankful, and that is good for him. And if harm befalls him, he is patient, and that is good for him. And this (prosperous state of being) is only for the believer."

Yes o brother! She has been introduced to that ways of life, don't be surprised when she gets promoted to visiting alfa to solve problems for her. By then she is done already and you won't have anything to do about it. And most of this Nigerian alfa are clearly fake in principles, they indulge in jinns revelations and ladies are known to been easily convinced! How I wish she knows how much you truly does love her, that's how she would be led to a wrong hands all in the pretense of someone said? When your lord has the final say. May Allah forgive her and get you a more resounding lady who would beleive so much in Allah as the author and solutions to every problems. There is no permanent problem when you look up to Allah. He would surely give you a solution. May he guide us to the right path!!

1 Like

Re: Istikhara by ademoladeji(m): 2:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
balash:

Yes o brother! She has been introduced to that ways of life, don't be surprised when she gets promoted to visiting alfa to solve problems for her. By then she is done already and you won't have anything to do about it. And most of this Nigerian alfa are clearly fake in principles, they indulge in jinns revelations and ladies are known to been easily convinced! How I wish she knows how much you truly does love her, that's how she would be led to a wrong hands all in the pretense of someone said? When your lord has the final say. May Allah forgive her and get you a more resounding lady who would beleive so much in Allah as the author and solutions to every problems. There is no permanent problem when you look up to Allah. He would surely give you a solution. May he guide us to the right path!!

Thank You brother. Jazak Allah Khaeran!
Re: Istikhara by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
ademoladeji:

amin.
Why don't you send to her a resource on proper meaning of istikirah to repudiate her claims/beliefs. She may actually change her mind once she's enlightened on the matter.
Re: Istikhara by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 24, 2016
balash:

How about the fact that she may just be ignorant about issues like this and May have been raised to always take what islamic auauthorities around her say to be true; and disobedience to them being tantamount disobedience ce to Allah?
I don't think u need to discourage the op as of yet.
Re: Istikhara by ademoladeji(m): 6:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
enieme:

amin.
Why don't you send to her a resource on proper meaning of istikirah to repudiate her claims/beliefs. She may actually change her mind once she's enlightened on the matter.

I have done that buh dunno why she wasn't seeing this Istikhara from another perspective.

AstaghafirLlah... I think it's the way their family Imam/Alfa placed the stuff.

I even asked her to seek additional info from neutrals. Also, played a 36mins sermon by Bilal Philips on Istikhara and it's misconceptions for her. I still asked her cousin to help me talk to her coz I've been feeling so miserable about it.

All I wanna console myself with is that there's gonna be light @ the end of every tunnel.

1 Like

Re: Istikhara by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 24, 2016
ademoladeji:

I have done that buh dunno why she wasn't seeing this Istikhara from another perspective.

AstaghafirLlah... I think it's the way their family Imam/Alfa placed the stuff.

I even asked her to seek additional info from neutrals. Also, played a 36mins sermon by Bilal Philips on Istikhara and it's misconceptions for her. I still asked her cousin to help me talk to her coz I've been feeling so miserable about it.

All I wanna console myself with is that there's gonna be light @ the end of every tunnel.

bi Idhnillah there'd be light.
another thing is before you conclude on the nikah, u need to wean her off the notion of family Alfa or it may prove to be detrimental to your marital life afterwards
Re: Istikhara by ademoladeji(m): 6:59pm On Feb 24, 2016
enieme:

bi Idhnillah there'd be light.
another thing is before you conclude on the nikah, u need to wean her off the notion of family Alfa or it may prove to be detrimental to your marital life afterwards

Nikkah you said?

Ma, there's no relationship anymore because she said the 'RESULT' of her Istikhara wasn't pleasant.

So, I'm trying to move on.
Re: Istikhara by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 24, 2016
ademoladeji:

Nikkah you said?

Ma, there's no relationship anymore because she said the 'RESULT' of her Istikhara wasn't pleasant.

So, I'm trying to move on.
well, no comment.
Re: Istikhara by balash(m): 11:55pm On Feb 24, 2016
enieme:

How about the fact that she may just be ignorant about issues like this and May have been raised to always take what islamic auauthorities around her say to be true; and disobedience to them being tantamount disobedience ce to Allah?
I don't think u need to discourage the op as of yet.

It's cleared dear, she can't be convinced. It's two thing hun, she was introduced and she did it herself and got a result she needed. No Jupiter can convince her again
Re: Istikhara by ademoladeji(m): 3:31am On Feb 25, 2016
balash:

It's cleared dear, she can't be convinced. It's two thing hun, she was introduced and she did it herself and got a result she needed. No Jupiter can convince her again

Very clear.

I spoke to her by 2 different means vis common reasoning and using a neutral sermon (Bilal Philips).

I even asked her cousin to please talk to her for her to even reason with me as well as asking for opinions. All efforts proved to be fruitless.

I just dunno how ppl switch their humanities/emotions just like that. Relationship that was so good n smooth even tho there were one or two misunderstandings that never lasted thru the nights.

As part of the 6 articles of faith, I've accept my DESTINY.

cc: enieme
Re: Istikhara by balash(m): 10:00am On Feb 25, 2016
ademoladeji:

Very clear.

I spoke to her by 2 different means vis common reasoning and using a neutral sermon (Bilal Philips).

I even asked her cousin to please talk to her for her to even reason with me as well as asking for opinions. All efforts proved to be fruitless.

I just dunno how ppl switch their humanities/emotions just like that. Relationship that was so good n smooth even tho there were one or two misunderstandings that never lasted thru the nights.

As part of the 6 articles of faith, I've accept my DESTINY.

The weird part is because it's a lady, a guy can still unwind after getting a clear explanations with common principles. But a lady it is
Re: Istikhara by ademoladeji(m): 11:24am On Feb 25, 2016
balash:

The weird part is because it's a lady, a guy can still unwind after getting a clear explanations with common principles. But a lady it is

More so, why is it that it's the ladies that do these spiritual consultations?

Crazy world

Re: Istikhara by Codedzng: 5:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
balash:

Absolutely right.... Am also not a Fan !
Re: Istikhara by Sissie(f): 7:46am On Feb 26, 2016
balash:

Yes you on right track probably, but people's vices and hearsay are the problem we facing, every bachelor / spinster wants a perfect marriage forgetting that they would surely be ups and down in marriages and when it happens they equally claim it's the end. Am not an istikhara fan anyway. And I know surely well that when am married it won't be rosy always and I have every options to wakeup in the middle of the night, pray and seek for Allah's guidance.

But people want to see future and that's so wrong, imagine istikhara saying u can't bear child in marriage with a certain man u would love to marry and you left the man forgetting that only Allah provides children and he Allah can change everything as long as you beleive he can doo it.? Are u a fan of it?

what does i am not a fan of istikhara mean? istikhara doesnt mean everything becomes rosy. Istikhara is seeking Allah's guidance, not just when getting married, but for other important decisions of your life.
You are not a fan of praying 2 rakat and seek Allah's guidance after it? or you dont understand the concept of istikhara?

1 Like

Re: Istikhara by balash(m): 8:17am On Feb 26, 2016
Sissie:

what does i am not a fan of istikhara mean? istikhara doesnt mean everything becomes rosy. Istikhara is seeking Allah's guidance, not just when getting married, but for other important decisions of your life.
You are not a fan of praying 2 rakat and seek Allah's guidance after it? or you dont understand the concept of istikhara?

My dear the Istikhara Nigerians cultivate now is more than the one the prophet advised, as u can see from this guy in question claims. The one this lady was introduced to was the colour ways and she did saw the colours, was that the istikhara the prophet advised?

As u can see my previous posts I said I will seek Allah's guidance through 2 rakat and look up to Allah. But the Alfa especially in this part of Lagos even go as far as giving the individual an object that you can use underneath your pillow and you can see loads of thing with the help of jinn.

May Allah Make it a worthwhile

1 Like

Re: Istikhara by ademoladeji(m): 8:42am On Feb 26, 2016
Sissie:

Sissie, AstaghafirLlah, I think we so much miss the concept of Istikhara greatly. I've never been a fan of future seeking buh pray for a better n convenient one.

Is colour dreaming the Istikhara of the Noble Prophet (phub)?

I've listened to sermons about it from different (Foreign) Scholars, (most recently from the podcast of Bilal Phillips and Family Matters) and I've concluded that Nigerian factor will always have it's trolls when it comes to practising Islam here.

We're all aware of Jinn seeking- those fortune teller as well as the Sand-Markers.

The future isn't for us to know.

I dnt like fortune telling... I need no one to inform me of my 2mao. What ever that will be, will surely be. That's where the Article of faith- DESTINY, comes into play and it's one of the many Jokers of Allah SWT.

cc Balash
Re: Istikhara by Wizeboy(m): 11:38am On Feb 26, 2016
ademoladeji:

Sissie, AstaghafirLlah, I think we so much miss the concept of Istikhara greatly. I've never been a fan of future seeking buh pray for a better n convenient one.

Is colour dreaming the Istikhara of the Noble Prophet (phub)?

I've listened to sermons about it from different (Foreign) Scholars, (most recently from the podcast of Bilal Phillips and Family Matters) and I've concluded that Nigerian factor will always have it's trolls when it comes to practising Islam here.

We're all aware of Jinn seeking- those fortune teller as well as the Sand-Markers.

The future isn't for us to know.

I dnt like fortune telling... I need no one to inform me of my 2mao. What ever that will be, will surely be. That's where the Article of faith- DESTINY, comes into play and it's one of the many Jokers of Allah SWT.

cc Balash

Others are doing it wrongly shouldn't stop you from doing it or doing it in the right way as you've learnt from scholars.

It is never a good thing for a Muslim not to be a fan of Istikhara in every decision he/she is about to make and not only Nikkah. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: “It is from the happiness of the son of Adam to practice Istikharah and be pleased with what Allah has ordained for him. And it is from the misery of the son of Adam to drop the Istikhaarah of Allah and be displeased at Allah’s decrees.” (Sunan at-Tirmidhee, hasan)

Though Istikhara is Sunnah but it's what every Muslim must take very important to perform in every steps we are about to take in life.

Concerning the issue of the sister, I will advise you to move on because maybe she was never meant to be yours in the first place. Almighty Allah says in the Quran that

Say: “Nothing shall ever happen to us except what Allah has ordained for us. He is our Mawla (protector).” And in Allah let the believers put their trust.)
Quran (Surah Tawba, Verse 51)

But if she's yours eventually, she will still return to you as everything has an ordained by Almighty Allah.

Finally, my candid advise for you is that, you should make Istikhara immediately you find another sister, which you think she's right for you and let Almighty Allah be your guidance. Nikkah is a delicate thing which Almighty Allah guidance must be sought before entering as HE is the only one who knows our future and the best for us.

Almighty Allah will grant us the spouse that will be coolness of our eyes and partner till Jannah (Ameen)

1 Like

Re: Istikhara by ademoladeji(m): 11:59am On Feb 26, 2016
Wizeboy:

Others are doing it wrongly shouldn't stop you from doing it or doing it in the right way as you've learnt from scholars.

It is never a good thing for a Muslim not to be a fan of Istikhara in every decision he/she is about to make and not only Nikkah. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: “It is from the happiness of the son of Adam to practice Istikharah and be pleased with what Allah has ordained for him. And it is from the misery of the son of Adam to drop the Istikhaarah of Allah and be displeased at Allah’s decrees.” (Sunan at-Tirmidhee, hasan)

Though Istikhara is Sunnah but it's what every Muslim must take very important to perform in every steps we are about to take in life.

Concerning the issue of the sister, I will advise you to move on because maybe she was never meant to be yours in the first place. Almighty Allah says in the Quran that

Say: “Nothing shall ever happen to us except what Allah has ordained for us. He is our Mawla (protector).” And in Allah let the believers put their trust.)
Quran (Surah Tawba, Verse 51)

But if she's yours eventually, she will still return to you as everything has an ordained by Almighty Allah.

Finally, my candid advise for you is that, you should make Istikhara immediately you find another sister, which you think she's right for you and let Almighty Allah be your guidance. Nikkah is a delicate thing which Almighty Allah guidance must be sought before entering as HE is the only one who knows our future and the best for us.

Almighty Allah will grant us the spouse that will be coolness of our eyes and partner till Jannah (Ameen)

Ameen

May the peace n blessings of Allah SWT be with you n your household. Ameen

I've not said I'm not a fan of Istikhara. What I'm not a fan of is fortune seeking, trying to know 2mao that's not certain. I pray n pray for good things to cross my path and bad things to move away from me.

I also did it when I read about it. I did Istikhara for 7days slept buh never dreamt of anything.

And as you've prayed earlier, may Almighty Allah SWT grant us the spouse that will be coolness of our eyes and partner till Jannah and that will help our faith n religion.

JazakAllah Khaeran
Re: Istikhara by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 26, 2016
ademoladeji:

More so, why is it that it's the ladies that do these spiritual consultations?

Crazy world

yeah I agree its mostly ladies, But some males too can be strongheadesly gullible especially if ur discussing sect issues.
we females get easily absorbed into heretic practices
Re: Istikhara by ademoladeji(m): 11:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
enieme:

yeah I agree its mostly ladies, But some males too can be strongheadesly gullible especially if ur discussing sect issues.
we females get easily absorbed into heretic practices

What a world we're in...

May we be forgiven our shortcomings

Thank you ma'am
Re: Istikhara by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
ademoladeji:

What a world we're in...

May we be forgiven our shortcomings

Thank you ma'am
aMiN.
Re: Istikhara by personal59: 5:58am On Feb 29, 2016
balash:

Brother u re funny so if u have flat tyre you drive your car like dat praying to Allah to fill it with air and never allow your rim to destroy or cut your tyre

Wao great
Re: Istikhara by balash(m): 7:09am On Feb 29, 2016
personal59:

Brother u re funny so if u have flat tyre you drive your car like dat praying to Allah to fill it with air and never allow your rim to destroy or cut your tyre

Wao great

What are u insinuating?? Be clear please

(1) (2) (Reply)

Summarize The Quran In One Sentence / Can We Fast In Month Of Rajab (awe Arugbo) / Black .,.,.,., Magic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.