Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja (11665 Views)

Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. / Ifeanyi Uba Declares For Anambra Gubernatorial Race / Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by celemel(m): 7:17pm On Nov 02, 2006
This is good news to all DD crooners and geeks.  Our cool, intelligent, amiable, gentle, young, charismatic and articulate Donald Duke will formally launch his campaign to become the next President and Commander in Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on Tuesday November 7, 2006 at the Eagle Square, Abuja.  All the good members of this forum who have been craving for the guy's shot at the top job are hereby alerted and informed to roll the drums.  We can do it right this time, and clean the mess everywhere.
cheesy   wink
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 7:22pm On Nov 02, 2006
that would be nice
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2006
Well, he still gonna be facing some strong bullet from the northern faction, he better brace u and start praying. I hope he wins.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 11:54pm On Nov 02, 2006
what strong bullet angry
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by lewa(m): 11:56pm On Nov 02, 2006
Apart from Tinapa what has he done?Please don't get carried way by public charm,poise and grammar.What is on ground in Cross River?How many youths have been gainfully employed?Rural eletrification?Adequate healthcare? Etc. I have my smoking gun ready and please respond with facts and figures and not with bias,ethnic sentiments and all other jargon
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 12:01am On Nov 03, 2006
lol
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 12:03am On Nov 03, 2006
you forget IBB is running and Buba MAWA?, they have more money than DUKE, and ask my Boy IBB son MR BIGB1  they have hidden agenda.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 12:04am On Nov 03, 2006
PADI ME LEWA SO FUN WON abeg tell them, who no no go know AKA FELA, lol
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Falciparum(m): 1:49am On Nov 03, 2006
lewa:

Apart from Tinapa what has he done?Please don't get carried way by public charm,poise and grammar.What is on ground in Cross River?How many youths have been gainfully employed?Rural eletrification?Adequate healthcare? Etc. I have my smoking gun ready and please respond with facts and figures and not with bias,ethnic sentiments and all other jargon
b
i am not from cross river or south south infact i'm yoruba from OYO state but i have been in Cross river for about 3 yrs + and i have been in that state before his regime pls he has tried Tinapa is for the world to see he has tuned that state around somethimes i dont feel like comming home to lagos.
Calabar is clean, its green, u have roads better healthcare facilities, rural eletrification. (akampa never had lights before duke came in. and its the biggest local government in Nigeria i suppose.) If you talk about marginalistaion and all of that i think akampa has been marginalised a bit before Duke got there cause a very high percentage of the Nations Rubber was tapped from there and u can still see large plantations of rubbertrees there yet nothing had been done to help the community till he came to the light.

Comparing revenues to sister states like Akwa Ibom and bayelsa they recieve little but yet you can see alot of physical manifestations. What of during X mas? he has turned the town into a party town where all state civil servants are given one month leave in decemeber for them to join in. when i get back to Calabar in a few weeks time i'll try and post pics f that town here or on my page. He has tried i really must say but for him to be able to perform in the same manner on a national scale? Hmm we have to wait and see cause this time he is facing all sorts of peeps. but i wish he could get that top sit with adequate support he'll definately perform wonders. I am sure of that.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Nobody: 2:40am On Nov 03, 2006
Donald Duke is the only guy capable of being president. All these other guys that are competing, what have they done to deserve it?, Adam Oshimhole would have been another good candidate but he's running for the gubernatorial seat in Edo State and I wish him luck. Duke has a good track record and I have no doubt he'll make a good president.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by lafile(m): 9:57am On Nov 03, 2006
Look at all the people aspiring to be president; who would you rather have if not duke. he may not be the best man for the job amongst the 150 million but among politicians, there are very very very few better [cant think of anyone rite no]. and finally we may get a president that looks good in suits. wink
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by my2cents(m): 12:03pm On Nov 03, 2006
I hate to say this but, unfortunately, in naija, the best person for the job doesnt always win embarassed

I am from Akwa Ibom and yet every time I visit home, I prefer to stay in Calabar and visit Akwa Ibom from there. Even though I don't know much about the state in the 13+ years I have been away from it, I will say that the few things I see (nice roads, clean streets, a sense of calm and tranquility, etc) have impressed me big time.

For some Akwa Ibomites to say that they would rather have him as their Governor, to me at least, says a lot.

However, and again I say this unfortunately, we all know how humans can be. Remember OBJ and how he said he was an ardent christian and that God kept him alive during his imprisonment for a purpose? I remember him coming to Atlanta right after election and preaching on end. Where is naija now? Even Bush sef. Came in as a "compassionate conservative" but yet is worst than the liberals he campaigns against.

Remember, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 1:29pm On Nov 03, 2006
I was just getting ready to say the same thing my friend just said, yes he is doing a good job now but what will happen when he preside over the whole nation?
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by lafile(m): 2:19pm On Nov 03, 2006
who would you rather have? someone who has been tried before and failed [eg IBB] or someone who has been tried on a smaller scale and performed excellently?
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by TayoD(m): 2:37pm On Nov 03, 2006
It's very funny that no one has asked Celemel where he got this information from.  Give us the source of your information please, and stop making people discuss a hypothetical situation as real.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Jackelony(m): 4:31pm On Nov 03, 2006
Ii think the initiator of this thread is either carried away by Duke's fine face or is a benefactor of the youthful governor. Otherwise, none of these serving governors should aspire to occupy a higher office except Orji Uzor kalu (just kidding).
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Jackelony(m): 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2006
Ii think the initiator of this thread is either carried away by Duke's fine face or is a benefactor of the youthful governor. Otherwise, none of these serving governors should aspire to occupy a higher office except Orji Uzor kalu (just kidding).
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by celemel(m): 5:48pm On Nov 03, 2006
@TayoD
It's very funny that no one has asked Celemel where he got this information from. Give us the source of your information please, and stop making people discuss a hypothetical situation as real.

My source is a circular currently making the rounds in Calabar, Cross River State, inviting the people to Eagle Square on Nov 7, 2006 for this great show. It is signed by the SSG in blue ink, and pasted in every govt dept and parastatal in CRS. I hope that answers your questions

@ Jackelony

I have been an ardent critic of successive Nigerian govts since Adam until I experienced the advent of Donald Duke in Cross River State. I have never benefitted from the patronage of any govt in Nigeria, let alone Cross River State. I schooled in The Polytechnic, Calabar and currently, am a student of the University of Calabar. I am presently in the employ of a private coy in Calabar, which is running the CRS Water Board. My coy also run the PHCN Lagos VI District for the fed govt on what we call PPP (PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP). In both of these ventures, I am not directly or remotely connected to any govt person.

My desire and love for Duke is premised on certain fundamentals which include his ability to create a civilized environment (Calabar) out of the jungle called Nigeria. What I experience in Calabar everyday is not found anywhere else in Nigeria except London and the States. It is only on Calabar where I have never seen empty satchets of the so-called pure-water on the streets. It is only in Calabar that I can drive my car from street to street without running into potholes or struggling to get out of pools of water when it rains. It is only in Calabar that I drive from street to street at night under the flush of functional street lights. It is only in Calabar where pipe-bourne water runs in my tap 24/7 with or without NEPA since 2004! It is only in Calabar where the General Hospital still smells like the hospitals of old that my father used to take me; with clean lawns, clean toilets, expert and sound doctors, intelligent and curteous nurses, available drugs and prompt services. I have travlled the length and breadth of Nigeria. I have stayed in Calabar for a long time. I have lived in Akwa Ibom State (my home state) for a long period and I can tell you, it is only in Calabar that I have peace and rest of mind, knowing that schools, hospitals, roads, water, sanitation, african culture and all the good things that humans should stand for are still respected and obtained. I am convined beyond a modicum of doubt that a man who could run and rule a miniature entity as small and wretched as Cross River State so well, would definitely have a large space in his heart, to turn around this big contraption called Nigeria.

My position is made stronger by virtue of the squandermania and wastefullness that has been the hallmark of the present govt of Obong Victor Attah in my home state considering that CRS takes in about one fifth of what Attah collects every month but the govt has done 20 times better in terms of development and govt responsibility.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by heyo: 6:23pm On Nov 03, 2006
dat nigga is so fitt for the presidency seat,apart from the fact that he has done a lot for cross river state,his face will represent naija better in the foreign scene.Remember they said the face of Baba resembles hw naija is.He is young n am sure has tighter idea than those old men.may God bless him
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by chidexy(m): 6:24pm On Nov 03, 2006
I think the young man, Gov Duke has vision for his state and he can transfer that to the entire nation if elected. What Nigeria needs are visionary leaders, who knows how to tranform "rubbish" into wealth. And I think he has paid his dues in the TINAPA project and the Obudu Cattle Ranch resort. He has single handedly kick-started the tourism industry in Nigeria.

If he comes up for election, I may cast my vote (though I don't have a vote) for him provided Prof Pat Utomi, who is my prefered candidate to rule Nigeria doesn't run.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 6:29pm On Nov 03, 2006
Duke for president then !!!

celemel and my2cents,

Abadie?
its nice to meet my people
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by obong(m): 6:32pm On Nov 03, 2006
Duke all the way. If he was going to show any corrupt practices he would have done so in Cross River. the fact is he has vision, somethign sorely lacking from our other leaders. and he has it in bucket loads
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 6:35pm On Nov 03, 2006
as usual we are already planning for failure before anything has begun angry
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Seun(m): 6:36pm On Nov 03, 2006
What vision does he have? Please spare me. I only like him now because EFCC says he's clean.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2006
he'll tell when its time  smiley

i guess  undecided
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by obong(m): 6:41pm On Nov 03, 2006
and duke has actually been to university and has a law degree. he also once ran his own law firm. he's a man that understands and obeys the law, unike the joker in power now
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by celemel(m): 6:45pm On Nov 03, 2006
@nilla
idioke o. Nyin iyom ndi try nse, mme eya eyak akparawa nnyin emi, Donald Duke, oduk ufok ukara Nigeria mman oto ke enye, nnyin uworo ufin emi idiok ukara Obasanjo ye idut esie, esinde krukpru owo. Abasi eyekop akam nnyin, ke' enying Jesos Christ, A men.

How is America?
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 6:47pm On Nov 03, 2006
me kop se afo atang. eyai bong akam.

lol its fine.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 7:23pm On Nov 03, 2006
MAN nilla and celemel please take that obong itong language to language forum, sounds like Chinese in Nigeria
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 7:26pm On Nov 03, 2006
ha ha ha

tongue
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by obong(m): 7:51pm On Nov 03, 2006
let it sound like chinese. its a great language. rich language too
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 7:52pm On Nov 03, 2006
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

COVID-19: Boss Mustapha Goes Into Self-isolation As Family Members Test Positive / Pray For Russia: Scary Picture / 2023: Atiku To Formally Declare Presidential Aspiration On Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.