Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" (28065 Views)

Land For Sale Airport Road Eneka(pipeline) Port Harcourt. 4.2m(slightly Negotiab / land for sale in eneka airport road port harcourt.@4.2(slightly negotiabke) per / From Foundation To Completion, Pictures Of What We Built For A UK Based Client (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 4:07am On Mar 31, 2016
Work continues today...........

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by Mayor78: 11:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
Well done Prof. Another marvellous show of building expertise. Keep it up, we are surely following. But you are making these things look fairly simple to the novice eye, are they really that simple?

It's interesting to observe that it isn't compulsory introducing reinforcement bars at DPC that such case depends on type of ground. My question then is, are there any scenario when you need to chain the foundation before casting of DPC. Again does these plumbing represent sort of conduit plumbing or will their be visible pipes outside the walls irrespective?

1 Like

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 5:02am On Apr 01, 2016
Mayor78:
Well done Prof. Another marvellous show of building expertise. Keep it up, we are surely following. But you are making these things look fairly simple to the novice eye, are they really that simple?

It's interesting to observe that it isn't compulsory introducing reinforcement bars at DPC that such case depends on type of ground. My question then is, are there any scenario when you need to chain the foundation before casting of DPC. Again does these plumbing represent sort of conduit plumbing or will their be visible pipes outside the walls irrespective?

Yes there are situations that will lead a professional to recommend a foundation beam, of various specifications, even a ground beam or a complete raft job. The plumbing will be internal, no pipes will be showing outside the walls when we complete this house.

Thank you Sir.
Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 5:06am On Apr 01, 2016
Framing the walls for lintel cast..........

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 5:08am On Apr 01, 2016
Buying more wood, carpenters should get busy..........

1 Like

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
We are still here, completing the lintel carpentry works for this house..........

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:08pm On Apr 02, 2016
We will start the concrete cast of the lintels soon.......

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by drjaycha: 8:37am On Apr 05, 2016
Oga Spyder, pls what size of rod are you using for the pillars and lintels of this project?
Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:46pm On Apr 05, 2016
drjaycha:
Oga Spyder, pls what size of rod are you using for the pillars and lintels of this project?

Y16 and Y12 respectively.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 2:42pm On Apr 06, 2016
Updates from this project......

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 2:44pm On Apr 06, 2016
Lintel carpentry all done, concrete casting almost completed, laying of blocks on top ongoing..........

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 2:48pm On Apr 06, 2016
A look from the top on the living room space.............

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 2:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
Good solid cast..........

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 2:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
More of our work..........

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 2:59pm On Apr 06, 2016
More works continue tomorrow as we plan for the decking stage..........

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by kevaxa(m): 5:42pm On Apr 06, 2016
Oga spyder, no updates on how much being spent.
Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by d25(m): 8:27pm On Apr 06, 2016
Oga Spyder880, I want to say "well done" for amazing job you're doing. I was wondering if you know how many lives you have changed positively? You have been a source of inspiration to me. I have been saving for a range rover sport, until 3 weeks ago when I came across your thread about the duplex you're currently building in your hometown. I read the whole comments from page 0 to 20 and the thread changed my mind completely.

So I decided to buy a plot of land in my daughter's name in Ibadan and I still have some money left that I can use to start something on the land. My architect is currently designing a five bedroom duplex for me, which should be ready by next week.

My first plan is to build the house to the lintel level like where the stage of this house is at currently. Now My question for you is this, how much do you think it will cost me from the scratch to the lintel level? I can send the plan to your email or post it here when it's ready next week.

Also, well done to everyone on this section, this is the most matured and responsible section on nairaland in my opinion. Haji Mufutau, Egunmogaji, Spyder880 and everyone, May God bless you all.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 06, 2016
d25:
Oga Spyder880, I want to say "well done" for amazing job you're doing. I was wondering if you know how many lives you have changed positively? You have been a source of inspiration to me. I have been saving for a range rover sport, until 3 weeks ago when I came across your thread about the duplex you're currently building in your hometown. I read the whole comments from page 0 to 20 and the thread changed my mind completely.

So I decided to buy a plot of land in my daughter's name in Ibadan and I still have some money left that I can use to start something on the land. My architect is currently designing a five bedroom duplex for me, which should be ready by next week.

My first plan is to build the house to the lintel level like where the stage of this house is at currently. Now My question for you is this, how much do you think it will cost me from the scratch to the lintel level? I can send the plan to your email or post it here when it's ready next week.

Also, well done to everyone on this section, this is the most matured and responsible section on nairaland in my opinion. Haji Mufutau, Egunmogaji, Spyder880 and everyone, May God bless you all.

Thanks

Thanks for the mention Sir.

Ibi nkan ayo lati mama ba oruko wa.

Wish you the best on your project.

2 Likes

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by mavverick: 8:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
Oga Spyder

Under what conditions can blocks be used to build a foundation rather than casted concrete ?
Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by mufutau55(m): 2:17am On Apr 07, 2016
spyder880:
More works continue tomorrow as we plan for the decking stage..........

Damn! Look at how those lintel are professionally done... you can't even see any granites sticking out... Beautiful Spyder.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by mufutau55(m): 2:22am On Apr 07, 2016
d25:
Now My question for you is this, how much do you think it will cost me from the scratch to the lintel level? I can send the plan to your email or post it here when it's ready next week.

Thanks

Thank you. Try obtaining the plan from the Architect first... remember every building is not the same; due to sizes of the rooms, location of the project etc.
When you have the drawn plan read with details, post it here and let people analyze it for you. Good luck.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by d25(m): 12:36pm On Apr 07, 2016
mufutau55:

Thank you. Try obtaining the plan from the Architect first... remember every building is not the same; due to sizes of the rooms, location of the project etc.
When you have the drawn plan read with details, post it here and let people analyze it for you. Good luck.

Hajji M.

Thank you very much sir, much appreciated. I will post the plan as soon as I get it.
Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:48pm On Apr 07, 2016
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Welcome d25, you will soon find out that building a house, though challenging and pocket draining, is one of the most exciting achievements in life. Your own house! Go for it, I will be here as always to help as much as I can, like my Oga Hajj has said, throw in the plans and we will throw in our ideas. Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by ceelog(m): 6:23am On Apr 09, 2016
spyder880:

Y16 and Y12 respectively.

Good am Spyder, how did you spread the use of these bars? Is it Y16 for foundation till deck? And you continue with Y12 till roofing? Or did you mix both rods at this foundation and lintel stage?
Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by mufutau55(m): 5:34pm On Apr 09, 2016
ceelog:

Good am Spyder, how did you spread the use of these bars? Is it Y16 for foundation till deck? And you continue with Y12 till roofing? Or did you mix both rods at this foundation and lintel stage?

The question is:Pls what size of rod are you using for the pillars and lintels of this project?

He uses Y16 for all the pillars from Foundation till roofing (This is what most Builders about 99% do)
Then he uses Y12 for only lintels. Got it?

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:49am On Apr 11, 2016
Work continues in this site today, my masons are going to be completing the block work before the decking, pictures later.........
Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 5:50pm On Apr 14, 2016
Decking wood works for this house already commenced.

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:51pm On Apr 14, 2016
Decking wood arrives, decking commences.......

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 8:08pm On Apr 14, 2016
More of my workers to arrive at this site tomorrow.

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:05pm On Apr 15, 2016
Updates on the decking wood works. .......

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:07pm On Apr 15, 2016
More

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:11pm On Apr 15, 2016
Iron reinforcement works starts on Monday. .......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is Your Worst Experience With A Tenant? / Got A Busy Schedule?...the Solution Is Here / Re: Pictorial Representation Of A Kitchen Cabinet And Doors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.