Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,205 members, 7,780,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:09 PM

How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" (27946 Views)

Land For Sale Airport Road Eneka(pipeline) Port Harcourt. 4.2m(slightly Negotiab / land for sale in eneka airport road port harcourt.@4.2(slightly negotiabke) per / From Foundation To Completion, Pictures Of What We Built For A UK Based Client (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 10:37pm On May 04, 2016
Staircase cast completed......

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by ananne: 10:59am On May 14, 2016
spyder880:

Yes you can start small. Make up to 3000 blocks first.

thanks. Started moulding blocjs from 40 bags of cement. Hope to get about 1,500 blocks from it. Will but another 40 bags when i am done with this one.

Can you give me an estimate of how much will complete the foundation and german floor of a 4 bedroom bungalow ensuite with a visitor's toilet and store. Just an estimate that i can plan with. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 2:39pm On May 14, 2016
ananne:

thanks. Started moulding blocjs from 40 bags of cement. Hope to get about 1,500 blocks from it. Will but another 40 bags when i am done with this one.

Can you give me an estimate of how much will complete the foundation and german floor of a 4 bedroom bungalow ensuite with a visitor's toilet and store. Just an estimate that i can plan with. Thanks.

We need to see your building plans.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by ceelog(m): 7:09am On May 22, 2016
spyder880:
We prepared a wooden staircase that will be in use temporarily for the decking cast.......

A quick one spider on the need of such staircase. Why don't builders use the house staircase? If casted or uncasted? This staircase used a lot of wood, which may not be reused.
Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 9:20am On May 22, 2016
ceelog:

A quick one spider on the need of such staircase. Why don't builders use the house staircase? If casted or uncasted? This staircase used a lot of wood, which may not be reused.

So many times, to reduce the amount of risk borne by laborers carrying concrete under the ongoing wet cast (in case of collapse) it is better to make a separate staircase outside. It also saves time as accent and decent is faster.
We can reuse the wood, we usually dismantle it and use the wood upstairs. .......

1 Like

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:57pm On May 30, 2016
Updates. ........

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by kel4soft: 8:10pm On May 30, 2016
spyder880:

We usually prepare for them in advance. We ask and obtain all documentation after paying for approvals of building plans. We paid for another new building approval in Enugu yesterday.

Nice thread Spyder. Facing similar pay pay some where at Igbo-Etche. I started a nine rooms stores for a client plus a self-contain in what I will call a 1st phase of his 1plot of land. Expected to complete it in 7days provided he provides all the money needed.

Is it professionally to use just 4ft as toilet? Secondly, you didn't us the measurement for your foundation depth. Thank you.
Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by kel4soft: 8:12pm On May 30, 2016
I have just 1000blocks on ground, I have decided to buy from the industries because of the weather and time constraints.
Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 8:47pm On May 30, 2016
This decking slab has been curing in the last few weeks. We may restart work on this house soon.

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 8:49pm On May 30, 2016
kel4soft:
I have just 1000blocks on ground, I have decided to buy from the industries because of the weather and time constraints.

2000 blocks is not enough for 9 rooms but to calculate exact quantities will be tough as I know not your room sizes.
Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by bugmenot: 6:21pm On May 31, 2016

One question, Oga Spyder and other professionals in the house - what do you recommend doing to a decked roof to stop it from leaking water?

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:19pm On May 31, 2016
kel4soft:

Nice thread Spyder. Facing similar pay pay some where at Igbo-Etche. I started a nine rooms stores for a client plus a self-contain in what I will call a 1st phase of his 1plot of land. Expected to complete it in 7days provided he provides all the money needed.

Is it professionally to use just 4ft as toilet? Secondly, you didn't us the measurement for your foundation depth. Thank you.

My foundation depth n this site is about 1 meter.
Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:24pm On May 31, 2016
bugmenot:

One question, Oga Spyder and other professionals in the house - what's do you recommend doing to a decked roof to stop it from leaking water?

Roof over it! grin well, that's the best solution to the problem if there is money to do so.

Once a decking starts to leak, there is very little you can do to stop it, I have tried

1. Plastering over it, even doing a smooth flooring
2. Covering it with nylon sheet
3. Pouring molten bitumen on it

And all these were solutions that worked for only a few months before the leakage continued. It's usually tough.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by mufutau55(m): 8:27pm On May 31, 2016
@SPYDER880

Another quick question... if the electrical pipes in the decking is blocked; during the decking process, what is the process for the electrician to unblock the pipes.
Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by bugmenot: 8:58pm On May 31, 2016

Thanks Oga Spyder for the bitter truth. :-). I'll plan to do just that so we don't have to worry about it in the future.

spyder880:

Roof over it! grin well, that's the best solution to the problem if there is money to do so.

Once a decking starts to leak, there is very little you can do to stop it, I have tried

1. Plastering over it, even doing a smooth flooring
2. Covering it with nylon sheet
3. Pouring molten bitumen on it

And all these were solutions that worked for only a few months before the leakage continued. It's usually tough.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by Candour(m): 10:33pm On May 31, 2016
mufutau55:
@SPYDER880

Another quick question... if the electrical pipes in the decking is blocked; during the decking process, what is the process for the electrician to unblock the pipes.
Thanks.

Hajji M.

I'll love to know the answer to this as well.

Also engr Spyder880, what do you think about engaging the carpenter to do the form work for decking now (so they don't steal all my wood at the site) while i gather cash to buy the rods for the main work in about a month's time or even 2 months?

Is there any minus to this arrangement?
Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:48am On Jun 01, 2016
mufutau55:
@SPYDER880

Thanks.

Hajji M.

Very problematic issue. The electrician should first use fishing tape to ascertain the exact point of the blockage, then chisel out the decked portion from the underneath of the decking, cut out and and replace the pvc pipe before bricklayers can repair the decking later.
Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:54am On Jun 01, 2016
Candour:

I'll love to know the answer to this as well.

Also engr Spyder880, what do you think about engaging the carpenter to do the form work for decking now (so they don't steal all my wood at the site) while i gather cash to buy the rods for the main work in about a month's time or even 2 months?

Is there any minus to this arrangement?

I don't support this approach because in two months time, the wood would have detoriated due to our rough weather. It may not carry the weight of the deck, causing leakages. It is better to hire a security man to look after the wood or take it somewhere safe. What if the money for the irons delays and you have to reschedule, the woods will still be up there?
Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by mufutau55(m): 10:52am On Jun 01, 2016
spyder880:

Very problematic issue. The electrician should first use fishing tape to ascertain the exact point of the blockage, then chisel out the decked portion from the underneath of the decking, cut out and and replace the pvc pipe before bricklayers can repair the decking later.

Ok. Thank you very much. Quite understood.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 2:08pm On Jun 01, 2016
Offloading blocks at this site in readiness for the upper floor. ........

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by Candour(m): 5:30pm On Jun 01, 2016
spyder880:

I don't support this approach because in two months time, the wood would have detoriated due to our rough weather. It may not carry the weight of the deck, causing leakages. It is better to hire a security man to look after the wood or take it somewhere safe. What if the money for the irons delays and you have to reschedule, the woods will still be up there?

actually, i don't expect it to get to 2 months before doing the decking proper. more like 2 weeks to a month. I just put 2 months as a worst case scenario.

I get your point and i'll see how i can get around it

Thanks bro for the audience
Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 12:04am On Jun 03, 2016
We restarted work in this site. We are here to raise the walls ..........

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 12:09am On Jun 03, 2016
Let the walls grow........

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 12:17am On Jun 03, 2016
Gaining height. .......

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 12:36am On Jun 03, 2016
From the front. ........

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 4:50pm On Jun 03, 2016
Plumbing fittings ongoing here.......

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by Donalbain(m): 12:43am On Jun 04, 2016
Weldone oga Spider and all my ogas in the house, am here to learn o...am new in the industry so pls carry me along...your work is always neat, I luv dat..kudos

1 Like

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by jman77(m): 9:44am On Jun 05, 2016
@ spyder880, pls how can I get this house architectural design/plan from you, let know the amount. Thanks
Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:35am On Jun 06, 2016
jman77:
@ spyder880, pls how can I get this house architectural design/plan from you, let know the amount. Thanks

I will ask for permission from the house owner and see how much his architect will take to replicate same design.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:01pm On Jun 07, 2016
Bringing in another batch of blocks this evening.

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 5:45am On Jun 15, 2016
From the back of this house. .........

Re: How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 5:48am On Jun 15, 2016
To the front. ..........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Cost Of A Room Way Back In 1976 (Photo) / Four Notorious Landgrabbers Arrested In Ogun (Photo) / Soprom Hotel, Onitsha Gutted By Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.