Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,007 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) (75467 Views)

Tope Adesegun And Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi Set To Wed / Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Celebrates His Birthday At His Palace In Ile-ife / Ooni Ogunwusi And Wuraola’s Marriage Crashes - TheCapital.NG Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by arabianights: 5:19pm On Feb 22, 2016
EmmyUrch:
This is the pix of Ooni and his beloved now enstranged wife.
Atimes i wonder why marriages dont last anymore. I feel its as a result of hunger for power and fame. Probably, his real wife wasnt in support of him ascending the thrown.
Why do men tend to do this everytime? Dump the woman who has laboured with you for so long a time? Its really not fair atal. We all ahve to have a rethink as men.

funny enough, my perspective is different.I suspect he told her of his plans to marry a second olori in which she flatly refused but of course he went ahead and concluded with the support of his royal house or what ever.
Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by Evyivy(f): 5:19pm On Feb 22, 2016
haulagehandlers:

You dare call the Ooni,iku baba yeye 'guy'??no let thunder fire your left nyash oh
You are a mumu boy, is he a girl? He is young enough to be refer as such, fucking African nitwit. Swerve boy
Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by josephmbonu: 5:26pm On Feb 22, 2016
Watn concern me
Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by haulagehandlers(m): 5:29pm On Feb 22, 2016
Evyivy:

You are a mumu boy, is he a girl? He is young enough to be refer as such, fucking African nitwit. Swerve boy
then the thunder is on its way

1 Like

Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by lekkie073(m): 5:32pm On Feb 22, 2016
diva90:

Who's the mother of his 21 year old daughter in the UK? And why would that be an issue since he already has a child or children?
d daughter was borne out of wedlock and its not buki dat is d mother.

a king going along with a queen with slim chances of getting pregnant.

I am not supporting d king but think rationally and think culturally
Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 22, 2016
Shymm3x:
But why Bini?

I hope he didn't import her from either Southern Spain, or Italy cos the big Ooni can't be marrying the white man's cum bucket, with high mileage. That won't look too good for the throne.

Not feeling these Bini noisemakers and their small Edoid kingdom of yore only known for bronze casting. They have to bow down to Yorubas and stop making noise. grin

Lolz.....

If d Ooni is getting married to a Benin lady then d paternity of his kids is guaranteed.

Any attempt to marry a Yoruba babe,His chiefs n even palace guards will drive to n fro her valley.

Infidelity n Yoruba women are synonymous.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by Shymm3x: 5:40pm On Feb 22, 2016
opal4real:

Lolz.....

If d Ooni is getting married to a Benin lady then d paternity of his kids is guaranteed.

Any attempt to marry a Yoruba babe,His chiefs n even palace guards will drive to n fro her valley.

Infidelity n Yoruba women are synonymous.

Lool.

You might be right cos infidelity and a lot of Yoruba women are like cocopops and fresh milk, regardless of how stiff and pretentious they act. A lot of them love the big willy like they love Brazilian hair. grin

I just checked her history properly and it seems she's originally from Ife. But her ancestors left Ife for Bini and they were the ones who tutored the Binis on brass/bronze casting and terracotta. But regardless, Bini folks need to bow down to Yorubas at all time. Without Yoruba, there won't be Bini. Ya small edoid kingdom's rise to fame came from Ife, Owo, and Ijebu. Learn ya history! cool
Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by baby124: 5:53pm On Feb 22, 2016
But apparently this girl has been married 3 times. What kind of Ooni is this? See all her bad news on blogs about her being most politicians cum bucket. So dignitaries that go to Ife would laugh at the Ooni seeing their ex runs babe by his side. What a shame. This Ooni is doing more than his power. Ife people don enter one chance. He is really desecrating and cheapening that throne. Mtscheew. She's married a northerner, an Arab and someone else

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by happney65: 6:10pm On Feb 22, 2016
Evyivy:
Handsome guy, his eyes are to die for. HML anyway

Do you want to.fucckk him? grin
Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by Exponental(m): 6:26pm On Feb 22, 2016
EmmyUrch:

Why do men tend to do this everytime? Dump the woman who has laboured with you for so long a time? Its really not fair atal. We all ahve to have a rethink as men.
the post did not define the cause of the breakup and you have judged by accusing the man...... that is called FALLACY (Error in thinking)!
Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by Ubenedictus(m): 7:08pm On Feb 22, 2016
Shymm3x:

Lool.

You might be right cos infidelity and a lot of Yoruba women are like cocopops and fresh milk, regardless of how stiff and pretentious they act. A lot of them love the big willy like they love Brazilian hair. grin

I just checked her history properly and it seems she's originally from Ife. But her ancestors left Ife for Bini and they were the ones who tutored the Binis on brass/bronze casting and terracotta. But regardless, Bini folks need to bow down to Yorubas at all time. Without Yoruba, there won't be Bini. Ya small edoid kingdom's rise to fame came from Ife, Owo, and Ijebu. Learn ya history! cool
failed attempt to insult, there were also ibo men in the palace, there were all sorts of tribes in the bini palace. any good artisan or the child of a tributary town could be found in the palace so that every town was represented and every good artisan anywhere was invited. it shows how powerful the bini empire was in its hay days to attract people far and near.

i hope u see how i responded respectively, let me see if u can do same or if u are plagued with inferiority complex
Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by Shymm3x: 7:23pm On Feb 22, 2016
Ubenedictus:
failed attempt to insult, there were also ibo men in the palace, there were all sorts of tribes in the bini palace. any good artisan or the child of a tributary town could be found in the palace so that every town was represented and every good artisan anywhere was invited. it shows how powerful the bini empire was in its hay days to attract people far and near.

i hope u see how i responded respectively, let me see if u can do same or if u are plagued with inferiority complex

There's no point insulting a small kingdom who's claim to fame was based on outright and despicable lies. The knowledge of ya art works, which adore as one of the best civilisations from medieval Africa, came from Ife and Owo. Hence it was more about finesse. Your knowledge of building moat and ya clothes came from Ijebu. Ya crown came from Ife. Almost ya important gods are Yoruba gods. Apart from ya language - what else is quintessentially edoid in the legend of Bini kingdom?

You lot have been telling porkies since the 17th century. You lied to European explorers that you conquered Ijebu kingdom and you never did. Even the European explorers had doubts about the despicable lies and they did write extensively about it cos strangers still weren't allowed into Ijebu kingdom and there were more Ijebu influence on Bini, than the other way around. You lied that you conquered Owo, but it was a stalemate - with no winners. Ditto ya lies about Igala. You were scared of Dahomey, hence you had to get the Ilajes to assist in getting you to Awori farmland in Eko, to build a military post. You didn't even conquer the Aworis and never went further than Eko.

Bini kingdom was a kingdom of edoid groups and apart from artisans who got their knowledge from Ife and Owo - there was nothing special about Bini kingdom. Unlike an Oyo empire that conquered far and wide, and reigned supreme in both the savanna and rain forest. Just bow down and shut it! grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by playerinc(m): 7:41pm On Feb 22, 2016
Shymm3x:

There's no point insulting a small kingdom who's claim to fame was based on outright and despicable lies. The knowledge of ya art works, which adore as one of the best civilisations from medieval Africa, came from Ife and Owo. Hence it was more about finesse. Your knowledge of building moat and ya clothes came from Ijebu. Ya crown came from Ife. Almost ya important gods are Yoruba gods. Apart from ya language - what else is quintessentially edoid in the legend of Bini kingdom?

You lot have been telling porkies since the 17th century. You lied to European explorers that you conquered Ijebu kingdom and you never did. Even the European explorers had doubts about the despicable lies and they did write extensively about it cos strangers still weren't allowed into Ijebu kingdom and there were more Ijebu influence on Bini, than the other way around. You lied that you conquered Owo, but it was a stalemate - with no winners. Ditto ya lies about Igala. You were scared of Dahomey, hence you had to get the Ilajes to assist in getting you to Awori farmland in Eko, to build a military post. You didn't even conquer the Aworis and never went further than Eko.

Bini kingdom was a kingdom of edoid groups and apart from artisans who got their knowledge from Ife and Owo - there was nothing special about Bini kingdom. Unlike an Oyo empire that conquered far and wide, and reigned supreme in both the savanna and rain forest. Just bow down and shut it! grin

What a blabbering FOOL you are.
Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by Shymm3x: 7:43pm On Feb 22, 2016
playerinc:

What a blabbering FOOL you are.

cc: Ubenedictus

Picture of your Oba, Oba Ovonranmwen, dressed in agbada like a Yoruba man before he went on exile, after the British invasion of your small bini kingdom in 1897. Why did he dress like a Yoruba man? grin grin grin

[img]http://1.bp..com/--rqsiAnqJJk/TuuY7oK0ZnI/AAAAAAAAAqo/w2w9opLqrWo/s640/Oba+Ovonramwen.jpg[/img]
Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 22, 2016
Shymm3x:
But why Bini?

I hope he didn't import her from either Southern Spain, or Italy cos the big Ooni can't be marrying the white man's cum bucket, with high mileage. That won't look too good for the throne.

Not feeling these Bini noisemakers and their small Edoid kingdom of yore only known for bronze casting. They have to bow down to Yorubas and stop making noise. grin

Bro,

Whomever wrote that scrap lied about the compound. She is probably not from Ife or her mother is from Ife.

Oluyare compound has no Bini connection. After Moremi learnt the Ugbo(Ilaje & Mahin) con used to capture Ife people, she went back to Ife to reveal it and when the Ugbo came to attack/raid for captives, Ife people lit torches to their grass suites. Many Ugbo were captured ad the Ugbo people were/are called Oluyare and their compound is Oluyare compound at Eredunmi in Ife.

Ugbo people left their settlement in Mokuro (still exists in Ife) for Oke Mafunrungangan the to their presemt site in Ondo in protest against Oranmiyan's war which truncated Obatala's dynasty just like his father, Oduduwa did.

Bini kor, Benign ni.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by josite: 8:24pm On Feb 22, 2016
lucky and blessed ex wife. very sensible woman.. the late odemo too refused to be olori leaving the hubby to his fate.she go get beta hubby in Jesus name.
Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 22, 2016
Shymm3x:

Cold but all facts.
Many of them won't like this.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by BABANGBALI: 8:37pm On Feb 22, 2016
So kabiyesi no fit marry any of those old women left behind by the former kings
Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by BABANGBALI: 8:39pm On Feb 22, 2016
So kabiyesi no fit marry any of those old women left behind by the former kings

Mod lift your ban on iyangbali, it is not a crime to mention seun's name in a comment
Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by shearer1982(m): 9:29pm On Feb 22, 2016
You got all the story right, nice one.!
Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by babdap: 9:30pm On Feb 22, 2016
missKiffy:
I no wan believe this news lipsrsealed see that one face like puff puff undecided
. Kindly let me see your buns or egg roll face at least we have seen puff puff face.
Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by Shymm3x: 9:31pm On Feb 22, 2016
9jacrip:

Bro,

Whomever wrote that scrap lied about the compound. She is probably not from Ife or her mother is from Ife.

Oluyare compound has no Bini connection. After Moremi learnt the Ugbo(Ilaje & Mahin) con used to capture Ife people, she went back to Ife to reveal it and when the Ugbo came to attack/raid for captives, Ife people lit torches to their grass suites. Many Ugbo were captured ad the Ugbo people were/are called Oluyare and their compound is Oluyare compound at Eredunmi in Ife.

Ugbo people left their settlement in Mokuro (still exists in Ife) for Oke Mafunrungangan the to their presemt site in Ondo in protest against Oranmiyan's war which truncated Obatala's dynasty just like his father, Oduduwa did.

Bini kor, Benign ni.

Lmao @ benign - witty loooool.

It seems the Ooni has been getting too niggerish of late by overdoing everything. He started out with his agenda, but I'm not feeling him anymore. Saw his picture with the rabid Yoruba hating bigot, Arthur Eze yesterday. Isn't Arthur Eze the same Igbo man who labelled APC an amala party with Awolowo and his Yoruba people who killed millions of Igbos, during the last governorship election in Anambra? I might be wrong though cos Igbo names do look alike.

And now this one. I don't have any problem whatsoever with Edo folks and they're my favourite naij folks, apart from Yorubas. I fvck with Edo folks and I'm always around them. I just like taunting them with facts whenever they get out of line cos apart from their amazing art works, their history has too much lies in it. However, why would he want an Edo wife, especially based on the supremacy battle between the two thrones? Also, when you look at how they were against the kingship of the Itsekiri prince with Yoruba mum - when over 90% of Itsekiris are of Yoruba descent, the language is Yoruboid, and the fact that the first Olu of Warri/Itsekiri had a Yoruba mum (you can even argue that the dad was Yoruba since the Oba dynasty in Bini was from Ife) - you just have to question the rationale behind this move.

The Ooni needs to slow down. He's getting carried away by his own hype.
Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by Shymm3x: 9:42pm On Feb 22, 2016
9jacrip:

Cold but all facts.
Many of them won't like this.

We need to always remind them about their true history whenever they get out of line cos outright lies and revisionism have started getting to their heads.

Bini kingdom was more of a kingdom with folks who were mostly artisans. Ife begot Bini and they ought to pay homage at all times. The relationship between the two is similar to the relationship between ancient Egyptians and Greeks. Ditto Roman Empire and British empire. Though both Ife and Bini were kingdoms. Without ancient Egypt, the Greek wouldn't have existed cos all their knowledge came from Egypt and they were students in Egypt for decades. Just as without the Roman Empire there wouldn't have been a British empire cos Brits had to study the greatness of Rome when it reigned supreme and use the blueprint to build the British empire, hence folks always refer to the British empire as the ghost of Rome.

Bini folks need to start paying homage and bow down lol.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 22, 2016
Shymm3x:

Lmao @ benign - witty loooool.

It seems the Ooni has been getting too niggerish of late by overdoing everything. He started out with his agenda, but I'm not feeling him anymore. Saw his picture with the rabid Yoruba hating bigot, Arthur Eze yesterday. Isn't Arthur Eze the same Igbo man who labelled APC an amala party with Awolowo and his Yoruba people who killed millions of Igbos, during the last governorship election in Anambra? I might be wrong though cos Igbo names do look alike.

And now this one. I don't have any problem whatsoever with Edo folks and they're my favourite naij folks, apart from Yorubas. I fvck with Edo folks and I'm always around them. I just like taunting them with facts whenever they get out of line cos apart from their amazing art works, their history has too much lies in it. However, why would he want an Edo wife, especially based on the supremacy battle between the two thrones? Also, when you look at how they were against the kingship of the Itsekiri prince with Yoruba mum - when over 90% of Itsekiris are of Yoruba descent, the language is Yoruboid, and the fact that the first Olu of Warri/Itsekiri had a Yoruba mum (you can even argue that the dad was Yoruba since the Oba dynasty in Bini was from Ife) - you just have to question the rationale behind this move.

The Ooni needs to slow down. He's getting carried away by his own hype.

I thought I was the only one giving a 'side glance' at the Ooni's moves lately. He appears to be loving the media hype and he wants to stay getting it at every opportunity - I hope the media that has helped built his image won't end up pulling out dirt on him (either true or false). Ogunwusi needs to slow down and quit with the travelling, yes he has an agenda to united Yoruba but he's already going up North and S/East; is he a king of Ife of King of Nigeria?

He wants to be a peace ambassador but his handlers need to let him know to interest comes before peace.

I believe he should know better than marrying from a place that could end his own personal line in Ojaja under Agbedegbe at Giesi house. If he ends up marrying a woman from a place Ife people have a problem with then he would have problems enjoying his time on the throne and if he births a prince; he should forget he'd ever smell the throne.

angry angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 22, 2016
Shymm3x:

We need to always remind them about their true history whenever they get out of line cos outright lies and revisionism have started getting to their heads.

Bini kingdom was more of a kingdom with folks who were mostly artisans. Ife begot Bini and they ought to pay homage at all times. The relationship between the two is similar to the relationship between ancient Egyptians and Greeks. Ditto Roman Empire and British empire. Though both Ife and Bini were kingdoms. Without ancient Egypt, the Greek wouldn't have existed cos all their knowledge came from Egypt and they were students in Egypt for decades. Just as without the Roman Empire there wouldn't have been a British empire cos Brits had to study the greatness of Rome when it reigned supreme and use the blueprint to build the British empire, hence folks always refer to the British empire as the ghost of Rome.

Bini folks need to start paying homage and bow down lol.

Ife, I've come to discover gets some hate from Yoruba - Oyo elements and now Bini & Ilesa. The whole revisionism started with the Alaafin who perpetrated false tales about Ife in order to give himself a false sense of superiority where there is none so I do not really fault the Bini for latching on to the falsity from Oyo upon which they built their own tale.

Every right thinking person knows Bini throne and Bini arts were derived from Ife, I've stopped debating this same matter on NL or anywhere because the facts are there and it makes no sense debating emotional bastards who have nothing to add to me other than wiggle through every laid down facts in order to feel good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by Nichnich: 10:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
:oIf I blive dis story make I bend lyk crayfish

1 Like

Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by micronut(m): 11:06pm On Feb 22, 2016
EmmyUrch:
This is the pix of Ooni and his beloved now enstranged wife.
Atimes i wonder why marriages dont last anymore. I feel its as a result of hunger for power and fame. Probably, his real wife wasnt in support of him ascending the thrown.

Stop saying what you don't know. That's the Oba's blood elder sister, Adesola. The wife is Adebukola. Check my profile and posts, you would see the wife , the sisters and other things you may want to know. The Oba want to get a new wife doesn't mean he doesn't have a healthy relationship with the old one.
Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by Shymm3x: 11:20pm On Feb 22, 2016
9jacrip:

I thought I was the only one giving a 'side glance' at the Ooni's moves lately. He appears to be loving the media hype and he wants to stay getting it at every opportunity - I hope the media that has helped built his image won't end up pulling out dirt on him (either true or false). Ogunwusi needs to slow down and quit with the travelling, yes he has an agenda to united Yoruba but he's already going up North and S/East; is he a king of Ife of King of Nigeria?

He wants to be a peace ambassador but his handlers need to let him know to interest comes before peace.

I believe he should know better than marrying from a place that could end his own personal line in Ojaja under Agbedegbe at Giesi house. If he ends up marrying a woman from a place Ife people have a problem with then he would have problems enjoying his time on the throne and if he births a prince; he should forget he'd ever smell the throne.

angry angry angry

I have been observing everything, I just didn't want to say anything about it. It seems his handlers didn't study publicity/media 101: they always build people up to destroy them. Hence the wise ones always stay away from the limelight and move in silence. They will build you up and gas you up till you start thinking you're the best thing since slice bread. Once they get you there, they'll just drop you on ya back loool.

Also, I don't know why he keeps travelling all over naij with the sacred staff. I think he's feeling himself now and he thinks he's the king of Nigeria lool. Like Nas said, "cruising in my RR like the king of Nigeria" - that is the Ooni right there lool. The man is starting to look like a politician, to be honest.

He should pick an Oyo wife for proper peace to reign and leave Edo folks alone to keep hanging onto the relics of their ancient small kingdom and their medieval artisans who were tutored at Ife and Owo lol.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by mamajaz(f): 11:37pm On Feb 22, 2016
dunkem21:
I know a lot about this story but common sense demands that I keep lipsrsealed
please in box me. I can keep secrets or tell the story without quoting you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by aalangel(f): 11:39pm On Feb 22, 2016
....just as I was about to start respecting this man. Olori 2, I hope you'll be ready for 3 and 4. Ochaka omaka...iranu.
Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by mamajaz(f): 11:40pm On Feb 22, 2016
[quote author=RickRichards post=43153189]OMG!!!

I see your struggles. Keep pushing. You can do it: you can be half as wise as your peers in this century. Don't give up, ehn. It is well with your brain. cry
And don't forget to pray for common sense everyday. Miracles happen. Be strong.[/quote
Re: Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) by Shymm3x: 11:43pm On Feb 22, 2016
9jacrip:

Ife, I've come to discover gets some hate from Yoruba - Oyo elements and now Bini & Ilesa. The whole revisionism started with the Alaafin who perpetrated false tales about Ife in order to give himself a false sense of superiority where there is none so I do not really fault the Bini for latching on to the falsity from Oyo upon which they built their own tale.

Every right thinking person knows Bini throne and Bini arts were derived from Ife, I've stopped debating this same matter on NL or anywhere because the facts are there and it makes no sense debating emotional bastards who have nothing to add to me other than wiggle through every laid down facts in order to feel good.

Loool.

You forgot the "Oba of Lagos" factor. Who even changed the 3rd rate Eleko of Eko title to the ceremonial Oba of Lagos cos "Oba of Lagos" only exist on paper, not in reality. I think they also get carried with that by claiming they conquered Lagos. These Bini folks are funny folks. They're so dumb that they don't even know that they small Eko of yore is different from Lagos and apart from building a small war camp in tiny Eko cos they were scared of Dahomey, they never even ventured outside the place to the other parts known as Lagos today.

As for the Oyo and Ife thing. I think a lot of jejune tales and half-truths in Samuel Johnson's book, to proclaim Oyo's superiority over that rest, also played a role in that. However, you can't take anything away from the greatness of Oyo cos it was an empire and it did spread its tentacles to most parts of what's known as Yorubaland today and beyond. So I understand why Oyo folks feel no other throne can be placed above their Alaafin. Ife on the other hand represents Yoruba spirituality and the peak of Yoruba civilisation. Both are very important to Yoruba history and personally I think both Alaafin and Ooni should be on the same level.

Regardless, I still think ranking kings in Yorubaland today is so unnecessary. Even the Alake who started the whole back and forth doesn't even deserve to be ranked amongst first rate Yoruba kings since it's relatively a new throne that started in the 18th or 19th century. And the only reason the Alake throne is relevant is cos Egbas were the first to accept Christianity in large numbers cos they were engaged in too many wars, hence they had to seek help from the missionaries. If the colonial Brits hadn't elevated the Alake - he shouldn't even be in any conversation when top tier Yoruba kings are mentioned. Yet he was the one who started the avoidable rancour loool.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Oba Of Benin Was Covering His Mouth / Beautiful Hausa /fulani Girls ....( Photos) / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi Leads Praise & Worship At Ooni's Palace In Ile-ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.