Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,756 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman (4548 Views)

The Woman My Best Friend Is About To Marry This Saturday Has No Womb, Help / The Woman I Hate To Have As Wife / Update On The Woman Whose Husband Took To Sharia Court For Praying Too Much"PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by paranoiapill: 6:36pm On Feb 22, 2016
Ik Osakioduwa who is featured on the cover of Genevieve Magazine’s latest issue, made this comment...

On being a traditional male provider: I used to tell my wife that my vision is way too big to be intimidated by anything she could ever dream of. If she wanted to own a country, that’s alright because I’ll own continents. Her owning a country does not intimidate me because I was brought up to buy continents in order to give her the country she wants.

I was brought up to know that a guy should be responsible for his family. I am very traditional and I believe I should do the business of running the family. This is probably going to offend readers but if the husband and wife have to depend on both their salaries to run the family, then they are living above their means. A woman’s money is welcome to the progress and wellbeing of the family but if she is not allowed to quit her job because her money is part of the school fees and rent, then they are living above their means.

A woman should reserve the right to quit her job to care for her kids because in this day, stay-at-home mums are the biggest heroes out there. My wife earns a lot of money but I pay the bills because that is how I was brought up. Her money is to buy the Louboutin shoes that I may not be able to afford in the midst of paying the bills. She can contribute to the bills but I would never require it of her. Guys should step up and deliver their responsibilities and stop requiring half from the woman.

http://www.bellanaija.com/2016/02/if-the-boy-she-is-dating-has-not-put-a-ring-on-her-finger-she-is-fair-game-for-anyone-to-toast-ik-osakioduwa/

6 Likes

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 22, 2016
Hehehehe!!!!! Where are all the 50/50 Ninjas? - No Comment?? cheesy cheesy grin grin cool

2 Likes

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by lovaleenny(f): 7:35pm On Feb 22, 2016
paranoiapill:
Ik Osakioduwa who is featured on the cover of Genevieve Magazine’s latest issue, made this comment...

On being a traditional male provider: I used to tell my wife that my vision is way too big to be intimidated by anything she could ever dream of. If she wanted to own a country, that’s alright because I’ll own continents. Her owning a country does not intimidate me because I was brought up to buy continents in order to give her the country she wants.

I was brought up to know that a guy should be responsible for his family. I am very traditional and I believe I should do the business of running the family. This is probably going to offend readers but if the husband and wife have to depend on both their salaries to run the family, then they are living above their means. A woman’s money is welcome to the progress and wellbeing of the family but if she is not allowed to quit her job because her money is part of the school fees and rent, then they are living above their means.

A woman should reserve the right to quit her job to care for her kids because in this day, stay-at-home mums are the biggest heroes out there. My wife earns a lot of money but I pay the bills because that is how I was brought up. Her money is to buy the Louboutin shoes that I may not be able to afford in the midst of paying the bills. She can contribute to the bills but I would never require it of her. Guys should step up and deliver their responsibilities and stop requiring half from the woman.

http://www.bellanaija.com/2016/02/if-the-boy-she-is-dating-has-not-put-a-ring-on-her-finger-she-is-fair-game-for-anyone-to-toast-ik-osakioduwa/

I love this...do wish more ppl can commend stay at home moms often...it's not easy... kiss

MR IK some men don't share ur views o...they want

bills: horseband 50% wife 50%
Chores: horseband 0% wife 100%
Cooking: horseband 0% wife 100%
Taking care of children: horseband 0% wife 100%
Side boos: horseband 100% wife 0%

grin grin grin awon oloshi...Olorun maje ka fe agbako okunrin undecidedshior!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by Sunnypar(m): 7:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
Blessedtwins...
Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by MRBrownJ: 7:48pm On Feb 22, 2016
this deluded guy has the right to his own opinion but, to insinuate that this is how each and every men out there should function, is utterly rubbish. the majority of marriages MUST be 50/50 for the sanity of each participants.

what is important to note in this issue is that, it is also wrong because:
A) such men pay for everything at home therefore OWN everything (house, car etc) and therefore in time of divorce, these dumbass women will be left with old Louboutin pair of shoes, while these men will get the house/car they paid for.

B) since they pay for the important family needs, such men call the shots when it comes to important family matters, while these deluded women can decide what Louboutin pair they can buy.

C) the deluded women who will agree with such nonsense probably dont have a cent to their name and EXPECT such man to buy the Louboutin shoes for them anyway, because any smart woman would know better and invest her money wisely.

D) paying for the important family's needs is a must for all wifeys unless they wanna be SLAVES to their union. sadly, we all know that many deluded women bring absolutely NOTHING to their union and have no choice but to be slaves anyway.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 22, 2016
@paranoiapill

Are you saying that if you were, by any chance, unable to cover your children's tuition fees, you would still claim that your wife does not need to contribute and that if she does, then she should be free to decide whether to spend the money on the shoes or on the family's general well-being?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by paranoiapill: 8:18pm On Feb 22, 2016
What IK is saying is that if you cannot pay your childrens school fees it means you were not ready for such responsibility or simply married over your head. Really women were over exposed to hustling because men slacked. So as far I'm concerned for men to turn around and demand 'hustle contribution' from women just somehow further demeans manhood. Agreed in some cases it can be due to unforseen issues, but even at that the woman should not be compelled to carry the burden, her contribution should be a voluntary choice not a duty.

6 Likes

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by ronald4lif(m): 9:28pm On Feb 22, 2016
paranoiapill:
[s]What IK is saying is that if you cannot pay your childrens school fees it means you were not ready for such responsibility or simply married over your head. Really women were over exposed to hustling because men slacked. So as far I'm concerned for men to turn around and demand 'hustle contribution' from women just somehow further demeans manhood. Agreed in some cases it can be due to unforseen issues, but even at that the woman should not be compelled to carry the burden, her contribution should be a voluntary choice not a duty.[/s]

This is the most silly thing I have read in a long while I must confess. Marriage is not a refuge for laziness neither is it a shelter to abdicating individual's responsibility.

If you want a slave for a hubby go mould one, if you want a companion then you must be able to contribute significantly and financially I must add.

You want a man to finance every thing in the home including your pads then you must be silly. undecided

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by Stillfire: 10:17pm On Feb 22, 2016
Utterly unrealistic based on the economic disaster most countries are in. There is also a deafening clause to this ideology and only shallow women who are not privy to history will be swayed by this sexist crap. This ideology was and is the driving force to females being defined as nothing other than property and relegated as mere appendages to the male's existence. If we were stu.pid before to agree to such demeaning dynamic, we are not stup.id today.

4 Likes

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by PresVA: 10:17pm On Feb 22, 2016
To me, it's no problem contributing financially to running our own house.. it's our thing..

However, I also would want men to know that it's 'our thing' when it comes to housekeeping, cooking, child care ettccc..
You can't be working same hours and your wife would be doing chores alone. ..mba nu .

work together with your spouse, contribute in any area when need be.. You're together in everything!

10 Likes

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by Stillfire: 10:20pm On Feb 22, 2016
MRBrownJ:
this deluded guy has the right to his own opinion but, to insinuate that this is how each and every men out there should function, is utterly rubbish. the majority of marriages MUST be 50/50 for the sanity of each participants.
what is important to note in this issue is that, it is also wrong because:
A) such men pay for everything at home therefore OWN everything (house, car etc) and therefore in time of divorce, these dumbass women will be left with old Louboutin pair of shoes, while these men will get the house/car they paid for.
B) since they pay for the important family needs, such men call the shots when it comes to important family matters, while these deluded women can decide what Louboutin pair they can buy.
C) the deluded women who will agree with such nonsense probably dont have a cent to their name and EXPECT such man to buy the Louboutin shoes for them anyway, because any smart woman would know better and invest her money wisely.
D) paying for the important family's needs is a must for all wifeys unless they wanna be SLAVES to their union. sadly, we all know that many deluded women bring absolutely NOTHING to their union and have no choice but to be slaves anyway.

Lollllll. grin grin grin grin Couldn't have said it any better. Bulls eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool
Any woman that is impressed by this utter ridiculousness by the Ike dude, is just setting herself up for disaster.
Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by buggaboo: 10:50pm On Feb 22, 2016
Utter rubbish.
Women need to decide what they really want.

Ik simply lacks depth, unless he is trying to be smart.
Providing 100% is like giving the man a "license to kill" .

1 Like

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by Dheartless: 11:11pm On Feb 22, 2016
beggars for life will be so glad about the thread .
grin
I just Dey pity them , when thier beloved husbands begin threat them as beggars them go begin find job for wailers club grin

should anything happen to thier superman source of income, them go begin find job for naggers club
grin .

I don't know why awuf Dey sweet some lazy ladies like this, especially if the awuf is coming from a man, it gives them the feel that thier juju/p*sy don turn the man to mugu grin, I repeat I pity beggars because when your juju go fade another more professional beggar juju/p*sy go catch your superman, at this point them(lazy ladies) go begin train to become killers (woman stabs her superman). grin

bull shit

2 Likes

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by chival(f): 11:37pm On Feb 22, 2016
We need more men like him. That is the way it should be.

6 Likes

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by iykedare(m): 12:13am On Feb 23, 2016
Stillfire:
Utterly unrealistic based on the economic disaster most countries are in. There is also a deafening clause to this ideology and only shallow women who are not privy to history will be swayed by this sexist crap. This ideology was and is the driving force to females being defined as nothing other than property and relegated as mere appendages to the male's existence. If we were stu.pid before to agree to such demeaning dynamic, we are not stup.id today.

Please educate these other brainless bimbos.

1 Like

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by blessedtwins: 11:31am On Feb 23, 2016
lovaleenny:

I love this...do wish more ppl can commend stay at home moms often...it's not easy... kiss

MR IK some men don't share ur views o...they want

bills: horseband 50% wife 50%
Chores: horseband 0% wife 100%
Cooking: horseband 0% wife 100%
Taking care of children: horseband 0% wife 100%
Side boos: horseband 100% wife 0%

grin grin grin awon oloshi...Olorun maje ka fe agbako okunrin undecidedshior!

I dey gbadun u

I dont necessarily agree wt Ik .
I think everything including chores and cooking shd b shared fairly

3 Likes

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by jacy67(f): 11:56am On Feb 23, 2016
Some people here de talk like say human beings are programmed.

For any married couple, do whatever rocks your boat. there's no such thing as ""best"" rules for a healthy family living.
Some ladies like being career mum, while others like to take care of the home full time. Same goes for men.

If your own method de work, no force am give another person jor

3 Likes

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by sexymoma(f): 12:38pm On Feb 23, 2016
where are the "naija gurls loves money crew"
where are the "team Foreign", come see your reasonable fellow man
Only broke ass guys utter such trash

3 Likes

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by thelish(f): 1:23pm On Feb 23, 2016
IK, nairaland broke guys are coming after u ooo.

All they want is a woman who will contribute financially n still run all d household chores alone.

6 Likes

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by damiso(f): 1:31pm On Feb 23, 2016
I don't get why people seem to think 'their way' is the only way. Don't have anything against families where the woman chooses to be homemaker and the man the breadwinner but to insinuate that people are living above their means if the wife contributes 50% or if she is unable to quit her job Like really?

Oga IK I like you but generalising a bit don't you think?

Not all fingers are equal and for some families husband and wife contributing 100% is not even covering the basics not to talk of luxuries. And he is talking about louboutins like they are stuff every woman can afford?

I don't get why people cant just realise that its different strokes for different folks.

4 Likes

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by Acidosis(m): 1:54pm On Feb 23, 2016
You're a traditional man, so reserve your story and perception to a traditional setting. How many wives can proudly decide to live in a traditional setting, where people drink from clay pots instead of a refrigerator?

How many women can relocate to the village so the man can provide 100%?

OP has lost touch with the modern day reality. Keep your traditional thoughts to yourself where you can lock your wife in the house while you go out to fetch firewood and cocoyam.

3 Likes

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by lilmax(m): 4:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
This is who i am cool

No room for insults,gossiping with her whatever friends because she pays the bills
Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by jashar(f): 6:07pm On Feb 23, 2016
the wife can pay for somethings in the house, afterall, she lives there too.
The husband should also take part in the domestic chores and training of the child(ren).

3 Likes

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by Cutehector(m): 6:13pm On Feb 23, 2016
jashar:
the wife can pay for somethings in the house, afterall, she lives there too.
The husband should also take part in the domestic chores and training of the child(ren).
husband should take part in domestic chores.

So as u old reach u dey allow ur father to sweep palour and wash clothe abi
Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by jashar(f): 6:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
Cutehector:
husband should take part in domestic chores.

So as u old reach u dey allow ur father to sweep palour and wash clothe abi

Apparently, ...

No let me not say what came to my mind. undecided

But I'm surprised you reason like this. Like seriously.
How many newly weds have grown up children?

I'm out.

5 Likes

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by Cutehector(m): 10:14pm On Feb 23, 2016
jashar:

Apparently, ...

No let me not say what came to my mind. undecided

But I'm surprised you reason like this. Like seriously.
How many newly weds have grown up children?

I'm out.
sharap like as if ur father is still not the husband to ur mom. Look here u modern kids, a woman is the keeper of the home and dat's that! If u like go an marry and be dragging right. Na sorry go b ur case
Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by Evacroft: 11:02pm On Feb 23, 2016
If I must contribute my quota and it's amount to a 50 thing,then any investment we make will be in our names,not d ridiculous Mr and Mrs stuff o, then u don't get to make rules, we get to delibrate.
No sitting down and watching TV while am in the kitchen, Bros u better enter the garage or store and find something to do. 50/30 or 50/40 is kk as long has it isn't not d same.

4 Likes

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by Fanirandele: 12:10am On Feb 24, 2016
Cutehector:
sharap like as if ur father is still not the husband to ur mom. Look here u modern kids, a woman is the keeper of the home and dat's that! If u like go an marry and be dragging right. Na sorry go b ur case

Be reasonable , both sides cannot eat the cake and have it. Traditionally men are supposed be the breadwinners so if you ask your wife to support you on that front or she's even paying up to 50 or even more then it's only right that your support her with things that used to be women's roles since she taken over some of yours. If the Daddy and Mummy are the only ones home after the kids have moved out there is nothing wrong with him sweeping while she's washing or cooking . The same thing goes for before when they have kids or kids are small and they have no maid.

5 Likes

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by Nobody: 12:13am On Feb 24, 2016
Eeya, our men have really lost every iota of shame.
Men are made to be providers.
Real men don't wait for the half of a woman's contribution to pay the bills. Its a man's job to create financial security for his family

Women are made to be caregivers
Its a woman's job to make the house a man provides a home.

Now, if a wife helps pay the half of the bills by working/doing business, that woman should be respected.

Besides carrying babies, washing, cleaning,raising babies,etc etc....she still pays for half of everything at home, biko, what is the wuloness (usefulness) of the man in her life?
Shout out to every working mother and wife out there....we truly rock!

5 Likes

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by Fanirandele: 12:15am On Feb 24, 2016
PresVA:
To me, it's no problem contributing financially to running our own house.. it's our thing..

However, I also would want men to know that it's 'our thing' when it comes to housekeeping, cooking, child care ettccc..
You can't be working same hours and your wife would be doing chores alone. ..mba nu .

work together with your spouse, contribute in any area when need be.. You're together in everything!

Gbam, I believe this is what most Nigerian women are asking for. It's unrealistic for one person to pay the bills while both work but the men need to receprocate by helping the women at home too.

4 Likes

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by cococandy(f): 7:43am On Feb 24, 2016
Stillfire:

Lollllll. grin grin grin grin Couldn't have said it any better. Bulls eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool
Any woman that is impressed by this utter ridiculousness by the Ike dude, is just setting herself up for disaster.
Tell me about it.

I'm quite wary of those kinds of men. They sound like they want to be generous and caring but the truth is just that it's a control thing.

This part in quote says it all.
A woman should reserve the right to quit her job to care for her kids.

The kind of husband that won't even consider if that's what you want for yourself or not.
Mtchew.

1 Like

Re: Guys Should Step Up And Deliver & Stop Requiring Half From The Woman by cococandy(f): 7:50am On Feb 24, 2016
Acidosis:
You're a traditional man, so reserve your story and perception to a traditional setting. How many wives can proudly decide to live in a traditional setting, where people drink from clay pots instead of a refrigerator?

How many women can relocate to the village so the man can provide 100%?

OP has lost touch with the modern day reality. Keep your traditional thoughts to yourself where you can lock your wife in the house while you go out to fetch firewood and cocoyam.
iykedare:

Please educate these other brainless bimbos.
These ones sway between traditional and modern when it suits them. undecided

When they tell you to accord equal respect to your wife as she does you and engage in home keeping as much as she does, you'll start yelling blue murder.

Now you don't want to be traditional and uphold your 'African values'?
Lol.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do I Do To This Kind Of Wife? / Help,an Unhappy Married Woman / My Husband Has A Secret Life And I No Longer Trust Him, Help Me Plz What Do I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.