Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

How Can I Stop Comparing Other Men To My Ex. Thank You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Stop Comparing Other Men To My Ex. Thank You (4206 Views)

How Do I Stop Self-Servicing Habit Of Crossing Legs And Clenching Thigh Muscle? / Are Christian Brothers Less Interesting Than Other Men? / I Lost My Virginity To My First Love At 24, But Now I Wanna Try Other Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Stop Comparing Other Men To My Ex. Thank You by ObieM1(f): 3:05am On Jul 11, 2009
I greet everybody. i became a new member yesterday. i cannot find my post, the one i put yesterday. I talked about me only being sexually attracted to my ex. the thought of other men in me irritates me. what can i do?

Also how can i stop comparing other men to my ex. From their dressing,personality,physical and almost everything, if they lack or almost lack the same as my ex's, i feel somewhat angry. i know all men are not the same so what can i do to stop this naturally? thank you.
Re: How Can I Stop Comparing Other Men To My Ex. Thank You by Nobody: 3:10am On Jul 11, 2009
How Can I Stop Comparing Other Men To My Ex---------------> Take it a day at a time. When you see someone and you feel the need to compare, suppress those feelings, throw it away and see the person clearly. Practice makes perfect, you'll get there once you start.
Re: How Can I Stop Comparing Other Men To My Ex. Thank You by ObieM1(f): 3:11am On Jul 11, 2009
Ok thank you.
Re: How Can I Stop Comparing Other Men To My Ex. Thank You by TheSeeker(m): 3:23am On Jul 11, 2009
The moment you start to realize your ex is in the past you will get over it. It's a state of the mind you need to control -- you have to control how you think and not the other way round. You obviously, still are fixated to your ex. The earlier this is worked on the better for you. If you don't work on this, you will find it very impossible to see other men for who and what they are whether or not you take it one day at a time. I also will advise that you get over him before you have any relationship at all. However, if you can still work out your relationship with him(without losing your esteem), try it one more time to be sure. You never know what manner of man comes your way and you sadden them with your attitude. Always remember, people can't be all alike. As much as you think you're good, when compared to others by other people, you're still found wanting.
Re: How Can I Stop Comparing Other Men To My Ex. Thank You by Nobody: 3:26am On Jul 11, 2009
there is nothing wrong with comparing your ex with others. if your ex was that "good" and your relationship was that great then it is a normal thing to do. the problem is that it shouldnt impair you in your views of that new relationship.
you have to always remember that if that ex relationship of yours was that GOOD/GREAT then you would still be with him. since you are not with "ex" anymore, you should look for the future and expect to find someone even better than ex (if you can give the new guys enough chance/time to show it to you).
also comparing an ex is ok if the relationship is still fresh in your mind. after a few yrs, if you still comparing every little things from every new guys in your life with that same ex then you probably should go and have a an appointment with a psychologist to let her know whats really bothering you.
Re: How Can I Stop Comparing Other Men To My Ex. Thank You by TheSeeker(m): 3:29am On Jul 11, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

there is nothing wrong with comparing your ex with others. if your ex was that "good" and your relationship was that great then it is a normal thing to do. the problem is that it shouldnt impair you in your view of that new relationship.
you have to always remember that if that ex relationship of yours was that GOOD/GREAT then you would still be with him. since you are not with "ex" anymore, you should look for the future and expect to find someone even better than ex (if you can give the new guys enough chance/time to show it to you).
also comparing an ex is ok if the relationship is still fresh in your mind, after a few yrs, if you still comparing every little things from every new guys in your life with that same ex then you probably should go and have a an appointment with a psychologist.

Damn right
Re: How Can I Stop Comparing Other Men To My Ex. Thank You by Nobody: 3:34am On Jul 11, 2009
also poster
if you are still in love with the past BF then you need to sort your life out before engaging in other relationships. there is no need to start something where you are not fully giving yourself 150%. if you aint opening yourself fully then there is no way that this new guy can know you as the others did and therefore have a great, if not better, relationship as the others did.
Re: How Can I Stop Comparing Other Men To My Ex. Thank You by TheSeeker(m): 3:39am On Jul 11, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

also poster
if you are still in love with the past BF then you need to sort your life out before engaging in other relationships. there is no need to start something where you are not fully giving yourself 150%. if you aint opening yourself fully then there is no way that this new guy can know you as the others did and therefore have a great, if not better, relationship as the others did.

I still think she hasn't got over he ex and should work out her relationship with him before she engages in another relationship with anyone else. I'm curious though, how did the relationship end? If he was such a great guy why did they break up? Or was she the one at fault? We have to get a clearer glance of how her relationship with the ex boyfriend ended then we can ascertain what is going on with her attitude towards other guys.
Re: How Can I Stop Comparing Other Men To My Ex. Thank You by ladykool(f): 3:42am On Jul 11, 2009
when u have gotten over your ex first then u will stop comparing other men to ur ex simple as that
Re: How Can I Stop Comparing Other Men To My Ex. Thank You by TheSeeker(m): 3:45am On Jul 11, 2009
lady kool:

when u have gotten over your ex first then u will stop comparing other men to ur ex simple as that

You can say that a million times again
Re: How Can I Stop Comparing Other Men To My Ex. Thank You by tdactyluk: 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2010
I used to get really turned on, when my ex compared me to her ex's, in bed.
Re: How Can I Stop Comparing Other Men To My Ex. Thank You by romsky: 12:51pm On Jul 21, 2010
Simple
just move on with ur life and consider him a past memory
Re: How Can I Stop Comparing Other Men To My Ex. Thank You by tpia5: 3:31pm On Apr 12, 2013
^true.

its not that often exes reconnect, generally speaking.Although chances are they might come across each other again at some point in time.

in addition, a marriage context is different and more complicated than a dating one.
Re: How Can I Stop Comparing Other Men To My Ex. Thank You by Scarpon(m): 3:48pm On Apr 12, 2013
I hate when people say this kind of sh! t people like this die single

(1) (Reply)

Can You Date Or Marry A Retired Prostitute? / Help Can A Guy Be Handsome And Not Sex Appealing Or Sex Appealing And Otherwise / Successful Career Ladies Have Suffered - My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.