Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age (5076 Views)

We Missed You,olabowale,abu Zola,lagosboy,uplawal And The Rest / Jarus & Olabowale: Why Is Islamic Teaching And Belief Not Uniform? / Olabowale & Abuzola: What Shall This Muslim Do B4 Allah Answers His Prayer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by olabowale(m): 10:07pm On Jul 18, 2009
YouTube - Prophet Muhammad & Aisha 1/3

10 min - Mar 6, 2008 -

Prophet Muhammad Aisha marriage. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh - peace be upon him) and Aisha (ra) Islamic marriage fulfills all modern criteria of ,
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm_fkOBZrOQ -
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by littleb(m): 11:31pm On Jul 18, 2009
@olabowale

Thanks ustaz for the link. Many have been said earlier. Many things were part of pre-modern norms and nobody ever refers to it as barbaric or used it judge our present. If clearly we think of Abiku in yoruba land , the case was very similar, not knowing there was no medical aid for many unknown diseases then. Is there anything like abiku again in yoruba land now, definitely NO. However, enemies of Islam will always want to research every corner of Islam to defame Islam and prophet Muhammad personality. Maa salam
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by Abuzola(m): 12:06am On Jul 19, 2009
@yeah, the marriage was perfect and according to the norm and she reached puberty before consummated.

@littleb, hadith were gathered after the demise of the prophet during Abubakar's caliphate,what makes you think Abu hurairah proclaim being with the highest hadith to the people then, hadith were dispense and not gathered in one script but rather by different people passing it to their offspring from generation to generation. When the light of civilization shed, the imams of hadith had to travel from place to place to gather/collect them and put them in a script so as to be easily assessable. My Question is: if you believe hadith weren't written or wasn't propagated till hundreds of years, for sure it will be a spurious hadith and no one will take it to be from Muhammad, oh yeah, so what happen to decades after the death of muhammad, the people that existed between the death and the emergence of the hadiths compiler ? They didn't know the jurispendence ? They lived as ignominy, The Quran does not narrate how to take ur Ghusul bath, full ablution, and all guidelines regarding fiqh
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by littleb(m): 12:57am On Jul 19, 2009
@abusola:
Yes, I never once think hadith hadith should be neglected or a particular tradition wasn't correct. Even to great details, we understand much of our fiqh through hadith. I belief as part of what necessitated the scrutinization is the chain of narrations as there some hadith suffer mis transformation due to long isnad and secondly the issue of hypocritical muslims acclaimed many untrue to prophet. This afternoon after my last response to you, I was reading 'the life of prophet Muhammad' by Muhammad Hykal, an egyptian early scholars of Islam. In his foreground, he made some clarification similar what I construe from other works. He said,
" , , every isnad(or chain of reporters) was subjected to the most exacting texts of historicity and verification giving birth to ilm al Rijal, or the critical establishement of the minutest details of the personal lives of thousands of Muhammad's companion and contemporaries."

With such notions and accountability, I got on page 139 where he claimed aisha's age was eleven when married to prophet Muhammad, in contrary to sahihi bukhari. By what I means, the issue of insignificant of some traditions not basically Imam bukhari or any other collectors of hadiths was wrong, but basically they did not compile all hadiths. Apart from normal ritual religious practice which there was no objection to it due to the fact that it is everyday practice quite generally accepted and agreed as ruled out by the four Imams. The broaded context of hadiths compare thier limited capability in compilation, the scholars scrutinies are different. And in your earlier posts, some do not even accept Imam Bukahri collections. On my view and submission, only Allah is perfect and Quran is the only authentic aand divine source, any other one is subjected to scrutiny any time any day and should be accepted only if it is substantiated by at least a Quranic verse.
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by Abuzola(m): 1:15am On Jul 19, 2009
Yeah yeah yeah, but this age was reported by more than 4 highest scholar, each from different periodic time. Why is it that it is only the age issue people refute ? If thats the case how do we trust and believe this so called hadiths, there must be thousand untrue facts in the bukhari and co, right ?
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by littleb(m): 2:06am On Jul 19, 2009
Abuzola:

Yeah yeah yeah, but this age was reported by more than 4 highest scholar, each from different periodic time. Why is it that it is only the age issue people refute ? If thats the case how do we trust and believe this so called hadiths, there must be thousand untrue facts in the bukhari and co, right ?

Yes, my brother, her age in our own era is out of context. There is no doubt that Aisha marry at a very younger age and since there is age indication according to hadith, western oriantalist and missionaries will always want to make a point for mockery and defame Islam. Forgeting that there is necessary to evaluate every society according to its own rules. Then, marrying age was never an issue where life was basically survival of fittest, they were so much afraid of losing their younger female child due to disease, whose constitute the major production, thereby marrying them earlier was paramount and consider norms.
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by ssosisi: 4:16am On Jul 19, 2009
littleb:

Yes, my brother, her age in our own era is out of context. There is no doubt that Aisha marry at a very younger age and since there is age indication according to hadith, western oriantalist and missionaries will always want to make a point for mockery and defame Islam. Forgeting that there is necessary to evaluate every society according to its own rules. Then, marrying age was never an issue where life was basically survival of fittest, they were so much afraid of losing their younger female child due to disease, whose constitute the major production, thereby marrying them earlier was paramount and consider norms.
`

There is no evidence that Arab societies gave out their 6 and one year olds to marriage prior to Mohammed.
That culture was his invention.
It's not a conspiracy
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by ssosisi: 4:21am On Jul 19, 2009
littleb:

@olabowale

Thanks ustaz for the link. Many have been said earlier. Many things were part of pre-modern norms and nobody ever refers to it as barbaric or used it judge our present. If clearly we think of Abiku in yoruba land , the case was very similar, not knowing there was no medical aid for many unknown diseases then. Is there anything like abiku again in yoruba land now, definitely NO. However, enemies of Islam will always want to research every corner of Islam to defame Islam and prophet Muhammad personality. Maa salam

who is conspiring against you again
did the enemies of Islam write the hadiths?
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by ssosisi: 4:24am On Jul 19, 2009
Abuzola:

It's amazing how people like Jarus,OYB,Mukina and babs are carefully dodging this thread and leaving olabowole make e dey lie dey go
even littleb agrees aisha was a child of 6.
Abuzola in my opinion is the smartest of you bunch as far as this topic is concerned.
He's asking the exact same questions I would be asking.
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by Abuzola(m): 7:12am On Jul 19, 2009
@littleb, i didn't get that, are u saying the two authentic hadiths bukhari and muslim contains thousand of untrue fact ? Please elaborate
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by littleb(m): 10:54am On Jul 19, 2009
salam Alykum, how was your night?

Abuzola:

@littleb, i didn't get that, are u saying the two authentic hadiths bukhari and muslim contains thousand of untrue fact ? Please elaborate

My brother, I wish you quote my exact statement so I can expatiate. I just want to be brief so that the topic will not be too burden with unnecessary details.

From what I gleaned from history, soon after the prophet demise, there were factions in the sruggling for power amongst the Alids, the umayads and later the Abasids. I learnt that in this struggle great passions were generated and gave to hypocrisy. Under their influence new traditions were concocted and old ones were edited.
Under this circumstances, a serious effort made to collect all available traditions, rejecting the spurious ones and committing the correct ones to writing. Under the authority of Umar, quite a century after the prophet, issued for this collection under the supervision of Abubakr ibn Muhammad. However, the muslim world later wait another hundred years before the work of renowned people available to us. That is, Imam Bukhari, who collected 600,000 traditions but accepted only 7,000 of them as authentic applied ruthless scrutiny. Abu, dawood refer 4,800 traditions out of 500,000. The same with Imam Muslim and Muh. Tirmizi. Ibn Abdlah collections, miskhat Masbihi is over seven hundred years ago now with different approach of scrutiny.
Therefore, as dito to my earlier response, collectors of tradtions did a great a job in thier final compilation at least to relate the major sunnahs' to us, however they were human an never claimed total perfection. In most of the readings which I enjoy is that of Ibn Sa'd, his appraoch to each topic and how he relate the view of all these scholars. I think we should learn from it too. Summarily, Sahii bukhari, Muslims do not have all hadiths, and lastly, from what you and I can read you will notice some variations in several narations which is due to transformation(isnad).
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by marod(m): 11:48am On Jul 19, 2009
Question asked by Anonymous from India on 30-Apr-1998.

Title:
What was Ayesha's (ra) Age at the Time of Her Marriage to the Prophet (pbuh)?

Question:

What was Ayesha's (ra) age at the time of her marriage?

It is normally believed that she was nine years old at the time of her marriage with Mohammad (sws) was consummated. I do think it was according to the traditions of the Arab culture, as otherwise people would have objected to this marriage. But unfortunately, the modern day man is not satisfied with an answer as simple as that.

Answer:

To begin with[1], I think it is the responsibility of all those who believe that marrying a girl as young as nine years old was an accepted norm of the Arab culture, to provide at least a few examples to substantiate their point of view. I have not yet been able to find a single reliable instance in the books of Arab history where a girl as young as nine years old was given away in marriage. Unless such examples are given, we do not have any reasonable grounds to believe that it really was an accepted norm.

In my opinion, the age of Ayesha (ra) has been grossly misreported in the narratives of the incident. Not only that, I think that the narratives reporting this event are not only highly unreliable but also that on the basis of other historical data, the event reported, is quite an unlikely happening. Let us look at the issue from an objective stand point. My reservations in accepting the narratives, on the basis of which, Ayesha's (ra) age at the time of her marriage with the Prophet (pbuh) is held to be nine years are:

Most of these narratives are reported only by Hisham ibn `urwah reporting on the authority of his father. An event as well known as the one being reported, should logically have been reported by more people than just one, two or three.

It is quite strange that no one from Medinah, where Hisham ibn `urwah lived the first seventy-one years of his life has narrated the event, even though in Medinah his pupils included people as well known as Malik ibn Anas. All the narratives of this event have been reported by narrators from Iraq, where Hisham is reported to have shifted after living in Medinah for seventy-one years.

Tehzeeb al-Tehzeeb, one of the most well known books on the life and reliability of the narrators of the traditions ascribed to the Prophet (pbuh) reports that according to Yaqub ibn Shaibah: "narratives reported by Hisham are reliable except those that are reported through the people of Iraq". It further states that Malik ibn Anas objected on those narratives of Hisham, which were reported through people of Iraq (Vol. 11, pg. 48 - 51).

Meezaan al-Ai`tidaal, another book on the narrators of the traditions of the Prophet (pbuh) reports that when he was old, Hisham's memory suffered quite badly (Vol. 4, pg. 301 - 302).

According to the generally accepted tradition, Ayesha (ra) was born about eight years before Hijrah. However, according to another narrative in Bukhari (Kitaab al-Tafseer) Ayesha (ra) is reported to have said that at the time Surah Al-Qamar, the 54th chapter of the Qur'an , was revealed, "I was a young girl". The 54th Surah of the Qur'an was revealed nine years before Hijrah. According to this tradition, Ayesha (ra) had not only been born before the revelation of the referred Surah, but was actually a young girl (jariyah), not even only an infant (sibyah) at that time. Obviously, if this narrative is held to be true, it is in clear contradiction with the narratives reported by Hisham ibn `urwah. I see absolutely no reason that after the comments of the experts on the narratives of Hisham ibn `urwah, why should we not accept this narrative to be more accurate.

According to a number of narratives, Ayesha (ra) accompanied the Muslims in the battle of Badr and Uhud. Furthermore, it is also reported in books of hadith and history that no one under the age of 15 years was allowed to take part in the battle of Uhud. All the boys below 15 years of age were sent back. Ayesha's (ra) participation in the battle of Badr and Uhud clearly indicates that she was not nine or ten years old at that time. After all, women used to accompany men to the battlefields to help them, not to be a burden upon them.

According to almost all the historians Asma (ra), the elder sister of Ayesha (ra) was ten years older than Ayesha (ra). It is reported in Taqreeb al-Tehzeeb as well as Al-Bidayah wa al-Nihayah that Asma (ra) died in the 73rd year after hijrah[2] when she was 100 years old. Now, obviously if Asma (ra) was 100 years old in the 73rd year after hijrah, she should have been 27 or 28 years old at the time of hijrah. If Asma (ra) was 27 or 28 years old at the time of hijrah, Ayesha (ra) should have been 17 or 18 years old at that time. Thus, Ayesha (ra) - if she got married in 1 AH (after hijrah) or 2 AH - was between 18 to 20 years old at the time of her marriage.

Tabari in his treatise on Islamic history, while mentioning Abu Bakr (ra) reports that Abu Bakr had four children and all four were born during the Jahiliyyah - the pre Islamic period. Obviously, if Ayesha (ra) was born in the period of jahiliyyah, she could not have been less than 14 years in 1 AH - the time she most likely got married.

According to Ibn Hisham, the historian, Ayesha (ra) accepted Islam quite some time before Umar ibn Khattab (ra). This shows that Ayesha (ra) accepted Islam during the first year of Islam. While, if the narrative of Ayesha's (ra) marriage at seven years of age is held to be true, Ayesha (ra) should not even have been born during the first year of Islam.

Tabari has also reported that at the time Abu Bakr (ra) planned on migrating to Habshah (8 years before Hijrah), he went to Mut`am - with whose son Ayesha (ra) was engaged at that time - and asked him to take Ayesha (ra) in his house as his son's wife. Mut`am refused, because Abu Bakr had embraced Islam. Subsequently, his son divorced Ayesha (ra). Now, if Ayesha (ra) was only seven years old at the time of her marriage, she could not have been born at the time Abu Bakr decided on migrating to Habshah. On the basis of this report it seems only reasonable to assume that Ayesha (ra) had not only been born 8 years before hijrah, but was also a young lady, quite prepared for marriage.

According to a narrative reported by Ahmad ibn Hanbal, after the death of Khadijah (ra), when Khaulah (ra) came to the Prophet (pbuh) advising him to marry again, the Prophet (pbuh) asked her regarding the choices she had in her mind. Khaulah said: "You can marry a virgin (bikr) or a woman who has already been married (thayyib)". When the Prophet (pbuh) asked about who the virgin was, Khaulah proposed Ayesha's (ra) name. All those who know the Arabic language, are aware that the word "bikr" in the Arabic language is not used for an immature nine-year old girl. The correct word for a young playful girl, as stated earlier is "Jariyah". "Bikr" on the other hand, is used for an unmarried lady, and obviously a nine year old is not a "lady".

According to Ibn Hajar, Fatimah (ra) was five years older than Ayesha (ra). Fatimah (ra) is reported to have been born when the Prophet (pbuh) was 35 years old. Thus, even if this information is taken to be correct, Ayesha (ra) could by no means be less than 14 years old at the time of hijrah, and 15 or 16 years old at the time of her marriage.

These are some of the major points that go against accepting the commonly known narrative regarding Ayesha's (ra) age at the time of her marriage.

In my opinion, neither was it an Arab tradition to give away girls in marriage at an age as young as nine or ten years, nor did the Prophet (pbuh) marry Ayesha (ra) at such a young age. The people of Arabia did not object to this marriage, because it never happened in the manner it has been narrated.

1st May 1998

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] The answer to this question is primarily based on the research by Habib ur Rahman Kandhalwi (urdu) as presented in his booklet, "Tehqiq e umar e Siddiqah e Ka'inat", Anjuman Uswa e hasanah, Karachi, Pakistan

[2] That is, the migration of the Prophet (pbuh)
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by marod(m): 12:01pm On Jul 19, 2009
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by littleb(m): 12:11pm On Jul 19, 2009
Abuzola:

My brother, I wish you quote my exact statement so I can expatiate. I just want to be brief so that the topic will not be too burden with unnecessary details.

From what I gleaned from history, soon after the prophet demise, there were factions in the sruggling for power amongst the Alids, the umayads and later the Abasids. I learnt that in this struggle great passions were generated and gave way to hypocrisy. Under their influence new traditions were concocted and old ones were edited.
Under this circumstances, a serious effort made to collect all available traditions, rejecting the spurious ones and committing the correct ones to writing. Under the authority of Umar, quite a century after the prophet, issued for this collection under the supervision of Abubakr ibn Muhammad. However, the muslim world later wait another hundred years before the work of renowned people available to us. That is, Imam Bukhari, who collected 600,000 traditions but accepted only 7,000 of them as authentic applied ruthless scrutiny. Abu, dawood refer 4,800 traditions out of 500,000. The same with Imam Muslim and Muh. Tirmizi. Ibn Abdlah collections, miskhat Masbihi is over seven hundred years ago now with different approach of scrutiny.
Therefore, as dito to my earlier response, collectors of tradtions did a great a job in thier final compilation at least to relate the major sunnahs' to us, however they were human an never claimed total perfection. In most of the readings which I enjoy is that of Ibn Sa'd, his appraoch to each topic and how he relate the view of all these scholars. I think we should learn from it too. Summarily, Sahii bukhari, Muslims do not have all hadiths, and lastly, from what you and I can read you will notice some variations in several narations which is due to different transformation chain (isnad).
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by Abuzola(m): 12:32pm On Jul 19, 2009
Masnad, why the copy and paste thing, i have responded to the article in previous pages
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by Abuzola(m): 12:47pm On Jul 19, 2009
@littleb, jazakhallahu for the briefing. I did not differ from your last quote but rather you affirmed my point. Bukhari, muslim and Abu dawud like illustrated above gathered/collected thousand hadith and scrutined/probed the weakest and false ones, they dismiss doubtful hadith from their collection unlike Ibn majah, nisa'i and co who wrote it and indicate its weakness. So if the collection of Bukhari, muslim and Abu dawud should report Aisha's age after serious scrutine do we have to doubt it's authencity ? Certainly No
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by littleb(m): 1:03pm On Jul 19, 2009
Thanks. May almighty ALLAH accept our submissions.

I did not know what happened to earlier post: I re-quoted it here:

From what I gleaned from history, soon after the prophet demise, there were factions in the sruggling for power amongst the Alids, the umayads and later the Abasids. I learnt that in this struggle great passions were generated and gave way to hypocrisy.  Under their influence new traditions were concocted and old ones were edited.
Under this circumstances, a serious effort made to collect all available traditions, rejecting the spurious ones and committing the correct ones to writing. Under the  authority of Umar, quite a century after the prophet, issued for this collection under the supervision of Abubakr ibn Muhammad. However, the muslim world later wait another hundred years before the work of renowned people available to us. That is, Imam Bukhari, who collected 600,000 traditions but accepted only 7,000 of them as authentic applied ruthless scrutiny. Abu, dawood refer 4,800 traditions out of 500,000. The same with Imam Muslim and Muh. Tirmizi. Ibn Abdlah collections, miskhat Masbihi is over seven hundred years ago now with different approach of scrutiny.
Therefore, as dito to my earlier response, collectors of tradtions did a great a job in thier final compilation at least to relate the major sunnahs' to us, however they were human an never claimed total perfection. In most of the readings which I enjoy is that of Ibn Sa'd, his appraoch to each topic and how he relate the view of all these scholars. I think we should learn from it too. Summarily, Sahii bukhari, Muslims do not have all hadiths, and lastly, from what you and I can read you will notice some variations in several narations which is due to diff transformation chain(isnad).
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by olabowale(m): 2:14pm On Jul 19, 2009
Is that an ahadith as important as the marriage of prophet Muhammad (AS) to Aisha (RA) that has a single reporter? Let say the ahadith of Jibril for example. Maybe thats too high up since its a malaika interracting with a prophet.

Why dont we say the marriage of any of the other wives, or any of the battles or something like the Isra wa Miraj. Do we have just one person or a single chain of narration? In any of them?

And who can tell me what must make a statement an ahadith? Should it not be said by the prophet or said by somebody in his presence, whereby his silence is the sign of his acceptance?

Should we take the statment of Ali bin Abitalib, without the prophet sayng it, ahadith? When Umar organized the Tarawih prayer, after the third nights, he said it was a good "innovation", in the presence of the prophet. Two things I gather from this; first, his jamaah prayer on the fourth and subsequent days was a derivitve method from the fact that the prophet did lead jamaah prayers, day 1 through 3. And the other, is that Umar made sure he said what he said in the presence of the prophet, knowing fully well that the prophet will approve or disapprove it, as a final decision on the matter.

Finally, can anyone of you tell me what he or she was doing at age six, just as important as the marriage contract between Aisha/Prophet? We must bear in mind that Aisha did not participate in the writing of the contract. It has to be her parent, specifically Abu Bakr (RA).

I remember my very first school break, in the very early 160s. It was a month, but it seemed eternity to me. While I reluctantly agree with whatever it is im the Sahih ahadith, it must not disagree with the Quran and the expected character superiority that belongs to Muhammad (AS). If we do not analyse these tings and takes it as shaih, just because, then, we would have failed in many instances, namely

Equating Sahih with Quran.
Equating the collectors withah or at least Muhammad.
Our ability to think, and analyse things are not being utilized.
And the message of the last Qutbar is lost on our just laying down and accepting everything just because somebody says it is. That person is not our Lord or HisMessenger!

It does not matter with me, because there is wisdom in his marriage to her. But a statement from a companion, without coming from or sanctioned by the prophet (AS) can not be clasified as ahadith. Finally her age is not an act of ibadah, unlike her teaching us how to make janabah ghusul. You dont have to marry young, but it is important to have the specified shower if sex or emission come out of the sexual organs.

I wil stud the sira of Abu Bakr and I will let you now what my finding is.
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by Abuzola(m): 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2009
Amin.

Sir olabowale, are you insinuating Aisha doesn't know her age ? If yes then how do we trust hadith reported by her and mind you she has huge collection of hadith or are you insinuating the sahih hadiths were misinform ? If so then this is serious, if the 3 imams should write falsehood being the greatest then what happen to the demoted hadith scholars, the best safeguard is not to hold on any single hadith but Quran alone.

How and why things were made or transpired during the Prophet time remain a mystery and wasn't related in hadith, this is because there is a belief that no one will be interested in it except the body of the message known as 'matn'. For me i wouldn't want to dig into something that happens in ancient times with my own 21st century theory because they will give me a probable answer, this is why the scientist are in contrast to nature, they contradict many sciences of the Quran like how rain pour, sun rise, history of old ages, the formation of baby and many more, this is why atheist believe God never exist.

May Allah guide us amin
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by olabowale(m): 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2009
ACCEPTED ISLAM
All his children except Abdur Rahman accepted Islam, and Abu Bakr separated from his son Abdur Rahman. (Web site)
Apart from Abu Bakr, Khadija was the other person who had accepted Islam readily and without any hesitation. (Web site)
FELT

@Abuzola: I am not insinuating that Aisha (RA) did not know her age. Aisha was supposed to be the speaker. If she was the speaker of ages 6, 7 or 10, for marrage and consumation, I am of the minority opinion.

My reason for taking this stand is nothing short of he fact that I read, over and over again, that Abu Bakr's children "all accepted" Islam, except Abdul Rahman, whom he "separated" from! That is a telling sign. One will have to ignore the fact that the "all" is used and no place it was mentioned that "any child", specifically Aisha was born, after he, Abu Bakr, accepted Islam, in Makka. Think about it. I am not a scholar and I am not alone in my opinion.

We can't call her statement "ahadith". And only when a statement is ahadith by being said by or said in thr presence of the Prophet that we can say ahadith and then qualifies it as sahih, or daif, in gradations.

Now tell me, shouldnt your parents know more about your time of birth than you? Say if an event of significant proportion happened in his life that affects your person, later, should one not ask if you were born at that time as it is said that "all" your father's children were affected by it? We have to assume that you were born aready, unless it can be said by yor parents that you werent.

If for some reason that you said you were 7 when another event happned in your family, and it was ten years after the first, then we must wonder if you actually know what you are talking about. Afterall, you are not a prophet of Allah or Allah Himself where by your veracity will be in question if you are incorrect, just one time. Then imagine how much verification analysis that another person reporting that you were 7 years old at the time of the second event, whereby you must have been assumed to be at least 10 years based on the condition of your parents having all their chilren, 10 years earlier?
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by Abuzola(m): 9:09pm On Jul 20, 2009
Mind you, Abubakar did not object to the age narration by Aisha. Again, do you have hadith on when she was born so that we don't just jump into conclusion on no baby was born by Abubakar when he embraced Islam.
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by noetic2: 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2009
Abuzola:

Mind you, Abubakar did not object to the age narration by Aisha. Again, do you have hadith on when she was born so that we don't just jump into conclusion on no baby was born by Abubakar when he embraced Islam.

This is true and he also protested mohammed's inaction. but he could not do anything because mohammed would claim to have received another revelation and have him killed.

so olabs. . . what exactly is ur point? why are u desperately trying to deny what mohammed did?
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by olabowale(m): 11:24am On Jul 29, 2009
@Noetic: My point is that you should bug off! You know nothing about nothing. If somebody says that Muhammad (AS) is in Buckingham Palace right now, and thats to disproof Islam and him, the prophet, you will accept it, even though you already know that he has been dead for over 1400 years! Your agreement with Abuzola is nothing short of the fact that you see an opening to rubbish Islam. While Abuzola made a honest observation, you coyly in deceit, through to your christian mantra of never let them know how evil you are until you reach your object, think that the one to side with is the one that may proof pedophilia, between me and Abuzola as long as we are on opposite side of the Issue! Haa, you are full of deceit, man!

@Abuzola: Abu Bakr, may or may not have heard the comment of his daughter, our mother and by the way her father's mother by virtue of the position of being the wife of the prophet! Abu Bakr could have been dead, long time. Even Umar and Uthman, too, could have been dead. It could have been even after the war betwwn Ali and Mahwiyya, where Aisha (RA) was on the side of Maywiyya, opposite of Ali bin AbiTalib (RA)! No date was provided except that it was a narration collected in Baqdad, Iraq and not Madina Munawarah!

Actually my reason for revisiting this thread was the statement you made about Wudu', as it concen what is valid and what is not valid about it. Without wasting to much time, Allah allows Tayamum in the Quran. Tayamum is even valid if sex is involved or Instruments emission is involved, and there is no water for Ghusl. A person, male or female can clean the Instruments area, and make tayamum (Sand ablution), and it is permissable to make Salah, recite Quran and make dhikr!

If Tayamum is valid in that condition, it is also very clear that the Faridah of Wudu' is exactly what is revealed of it, written in The Quran! The Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad did not cancel it, but expanded it, to include the cleaning 3 times and then added the sunnah parts to give you opportunities to receive more blessings! It is actually a blessing, if you do what Allah says in the Quran in certain conditions, ignoring Sunnah, an addition condition, if you will give others the opportunity to make their own Farida, and meet their religious obligation on time! If I walk in to the wudu' station and there is a line behind me, and the iqamah is being made, I will simply wash my face, one time, and my arms, the same and rob my head and wipe mover my socks and leave the place for others to hopefully do the same for what is better; all of us getting to join the jamaah/congregation, in the on going salah!

It is Allah Who is All Knowing, and He impact knowledge on who He Wills!
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by Abuzola(m): 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2009
Alright sir olabowale. I love your post, for the ablution issue thank God you made it clear that it is under urgency you only wash the fard part, but what of normal situation ? Nope, right ? In addition you can perform ablution by washing your parts all once but doing where is suppose to be washed thrice will fetch you more reward, just like washing the face, hand, head and feets if you do the sunnah part under urgency you will fetch yourself more reward.

On the issue of Aisha, lets just accept the hadith account instead of being skeptical
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by noetic2: 10:22pm On Jul 29, 2009
olabowale:

@Noetic: My point is that you should bug off! You know nothing about nothing. If somebody says that Muhammad (AS) is in Buckingham Palace right now, and thats to disproof Islam and him, the prophet, you will accept it, even though you already know that he has been dead for over 1400 years! Your agreement with Abuzola is nothing short of the fact that you see an opening to rubbish Islam. While Abuzola made a honest observation, you coyly in deceit, through to your christian mantra of never let them know how evil you are until you reach your object, think that the one to side with is the one that may proof pedophilia, between me and Abuzola as long as we are on opposite side of the Issue! Haa, you are full of deceit, man!

what makes u think I am interested in discrediting mohammed?

I am simply interpreting the facts as they appear. . . . . the fact that mohammed had sex with a 9 year old and is as such a paedophile.
37 haddiths support this. . . , u have not provided any evidence to suggest otherwise. . .or have u?
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by noetic2: 10:23pm On Jul 29, 2009
Abuzola:

On the issue of Aisha, lets just accept the hadith account instead of being skeptical

I agree.

Lets just accept what the haddith says that mohammed is a paedophile. . , there is no need arguing or digressing. . . or is there?
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by olabowale(m): 12:26am On Jul 30, 2009
Ahadith is the saying of Muhammad (AS), reported by his companion(s) "RA". The chain must lead to these class of people and say that the prophet said so and so! Thats the only way a hadith is developed.

And oh, Noetic, sharrap and go kiss one of the gods you worship! You might just as well be Onishago of Obakoso(s)! We believers of One Whole God, Indivisble Creator are talking and you who is one, but prefer your gods to be three have the gul to talk! Hello! You are a darn idolator, except you don't know it!
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by olabowale(m): 12:35am On Jul 30, 2009
And even in time of ease, you can do fard, and dont do sunnah in wudu. You will still be good for salah. Proof: A man came to the Messenger and asked if he performs the farida, of salah without the nawaful or Sunnah, will he still be able to enter Paradise, done his obligation? The prophet (AS) said yes, even the farida, alone. The man walked away saying he will not do anything except the Fard!

Not doing a Sunnah will not make you an inmate of fire! Your farida will be enough for Paradise, inshaAllah. But the level of where you get in Paradise, from the beginning may be low to that of if you had practiced the Sunnah for more blessings/rewards! While a muslim gets to paradise with fard, the best of non-muslims will never get to Paradise, because of their didbelief!

Se oo ngbo Noetic?
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by Abuzola(m): 1:06am On Jul 30, 2009
Sir, you said salat, salat is quite different from wudu, obligatory salat is the second pillar of Islam
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by Nezan(m): 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2009
So the hadiths are in agreement that mo' had carnal knowlegde of a baby? He ought to have been stoned to death. Or is sharia law silent on this?
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by alimat2(f): 1:49pm On Jul 30, 2009
@Nezan

And will that make u see the kingdom of God,why dont u concentrate on ur personal relationship with ur God instead of poke nosing intowhat is out of ur business
Re: Sir Olabowale Lets Discuss Aisha's Age by Nezan(m): 2:16pm On Jul 30, 2009
alimat 2:

@Nezan

And will that make u see the kingdom of God,why dont u concentrate on ur personal relationship with ur God instead of poke nosing intowhat is out of ur business

It will help me know islam better, and how not to allow my babies near a muslim. You know, I have 6-9 year old daughters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Your Most Beautiful Nasheed / Understanding The Islamic Calendar / Al Kufr (disbelieve) And Its Classifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.