Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV (11822 Views)

Big Brother Africa Stargame 2012: Live On DSTV Channel 198 Right Now!!! / Africa Magic Introduces 5 New Channels On Dstv / Animax: New 24 Hours Anime Channel On DSTV Nov 3rd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 11, 2005
Doctor's Quarters is a soap opera on MNet, starring some Nigerian artists. Kate Henshaw is one of them. It is a hilarious and interesting one.

Are u watching it? Whats your view about it?
Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by Seun(m): 12:15pm On Nov 11, 2005
It's a pity that many of us don't have access to DSTV. I really loved the adverts in the newspapers, highlighting the faces of the actors especially the popular Kate Henshaw. The funny thing is that when I had a short period of DSTV access, I wasn't interested in the programme. Maybe it's because one of the reasons why we buy DSTV is to be exposed to foreign cultures apart from ours ...

I also heard that Kate Henshaw has been sacked, and probably replaced. What do you know about this?
Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by vizion: 1:17pm On Nov 11, 2005
that programme is too nice i enjoy it totally
just have to say kudos to the producers
they should keep it up
others should also learn a thing or two from them

1 Like

Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by hipcaramel(f): 1:39pm On Nov 11, 2005
doctors' quaters is a really good tv show. i enjoy it alot. i love the way Ugo talks; sexy in a way. hey, does anyone know how to get in touch with Ugo (his real name is Peter Aziza)? let me know people, aight.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by timmy(m): 1:47pm On Nov 11, 2005
@ Seun, i hear she's been saked too, anybody with the gist? i saw on TV that she was walked out on set by south African security men...
Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by Seun(m): 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2005
I'm still searching the net for information on Kate Henshaw's sack with little success. It seems as if her character died.

Can anyone supply the list of characters in Doctor's Quarters and a short description of each character as well as the actors/actresses playing them?
Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by alheri(f): 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2005
well yeah, there lara-kate henshaw_knuttal, theres ugo,theres sammy theres nadia theres moyo theres rakiya,theres doctor m,theres doctor osaze.......a whole lot of them. also guest appearances sometimes too. most of them are new faces so i dnt know all there names. do u rmember the last girl in ultimate search?ifeoma? shes on it too. shes rakiya

1 Like

Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by Scorpio(f): 10:43pm On Nov 11, 2005
link pls? thank you wink
Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by vizion: 5:25pm On Nov 12, 2005
Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by vizion: 5:29pm On Nov 12, 2005
Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by ologbodudu(m): 7:16am On Nov 13, 2005
really nice. it's a lot better than most of the othher nigerian soaps, my only problem is that some characters are not down-to-earth and seem fake (especially the "tushboy" with the afro)
all in all, i gotta say, it rocks.
i try not to miss it, Sammy is my fav cool cool cool

i heard kate henshaw will no longer be a part of the show, she was thrown out for causing trouble on the set sad
Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by vizion: 1:58pm On Nov 15, 2005
the show rocks
did u watch yesterdays episode
sammys could definitely sing -he's got a great voice

1 Like

Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 15, 2005
ifeoma of ultimate search has a role there...did u hear that she lied that her father was dead during the search,it was on papers:she was appologising that what she said about her father being dead was a lie....the father's picture was even shown on papers

i think they said kate henshaw sued them for sacking her without reason
Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by jummiee(f): 9:37am On Nov 18, 2005
It's hilarious, and reflects reality, nadia is my favourite character, compassionate, intelligent and classy
Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 28, 2005
so one of them is dead now abi?
Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by alheri(f): 11:36am On Nov 28, 2005
ariba:

ifeoma of ultimate search has a role there...did u hear that she lied that her father was dead during the search,it was on papers:she was appologising that what she said about her father being dead was a lie.the father's picture was even shown on papers

i think they said kate henshaw sued them for sacking her without reason

its wasnt like she lied per say. Her father left them when they were young and that was what her mother told her. I think he's the A-hole here,looking for cheap popularity.

Can you imagine? They killed "lara's part"!
Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2005
thanks alheri,now i get it...
Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by angelak(f): 10:25am On Dec 05, 2005
With Lara dead and Nadia back to America, i don't see a good story line anymore. the DQ episode shown on 4th December was so dry! i slept off, they practically had nothing to act!
Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 06, 2005
it will still get intresting,try and cope with their absence,u'll see..see what happens this week
Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by Seun(m): 6:27am On Mar 29, 2006
Is Doctors' Quarters still running? Can you give us episode summaries?
Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by jerryjohn602: 7:23pm On Jan 16, 2015
Pls is the show still going on?
Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by Bashmantech: 7:23am On Jan 19, 2015
Lovely n funny...especially those Husband n Wife with "I fall" matter. like if u understand

1 Like

Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by KBARBIE(f): 9:40pm On Jan 23, 2015
Its still running, d last episode I washed was where doctor Akpan's hubby came visiting requesting his child from her and threatens to tell other staff who she really is if. She keeps hiding d child. He den left her a gift of whisky just to torture her. Then ders dis part of two lovers aving d below game when d lady's teeth got stuck on d guys joystick nd d guy replied her wit a blow. They were rushed to d hospital were doc akpan had to attend to. Dem nd sammy walkn in to get his bags was called upon to hlp out.
Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 24, 2015
I only saw this show in 2012. Even though everything was generally done badly, that it was an African produced, medical themed show that was not a comedy was enough for me to like it. The theme music was also good. TV people on the continent need to up their game abeg. See, this is sometimes why I think it is easier to hammer in Nigeria than to run go yankie. Services ( big and small) that people would pay money for are either inexistent or poorly produced. I do understand that there are many other factors surrounding this thing tho.
Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by Nicepoker(m): 9:05am On Jan 25, 2015
Kate is no more on DQ.
Re: Doctors Quarters (DQ) on DSTV by liliangmail(f): 10:17am On Feb 12, 2015
Is sammy into music? gudness! he is gifted ....See his dancing stepz....

(1) (Reply)

Afrocandy Releases Another Soft P*rn Movie “Ikebe Squad”, See Poster! / Rebeca: A Soap Opera On RSTV / What Does A Movie Script Look Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.