Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier (9447 Views)

Oshiomhole At John Oyegun's Daughter's Wedding (pics) / Femi Fani-kayode’s Ex-wife Steps Out With Husband At Daughter’s Wedding (pic) / Fani-kayode Distances Self From Daughter’s Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by bombsquad(m): 12:28pm On Jul 11, 2009
Njideka and justin geting married on AIT now live, Njideka getting married to a white man and her wedding beamed on a national network as a slap and oppression to millions of poverty stricken Nigerians, So much for re branding, What do yall think??
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by otokx(m): 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2009
i see some myself e yo.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by philip0906(m): 12:36pm On Jul 11, 2009
shocked shocked
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 11, 2009
the whole thieves are gathered there, even the grande' bandit - Orji Uzo Kalu!
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by bombsquad(m): 12:44pm On Jul 11, 2009
This is a slap on the face of nigerians, Amidst no power,bad roads and floods,they openly display their affluence and influence on national tv, maybe we should aspire for public office so we can escape suffering and be like them
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by bombsquad(m): 12:52pm On Jul 11, 2009
omo me i go become minister o, this is mad oppresion
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by Tudor6(f): 12:58pm On Jul 11, 2009
If AIT is showing such LIVE then they must be really stupid!
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by ireke(m): 1:02pm On Jul 11, 2009
When Lamidi Adedibu said Dora begged him to help her become a minister, she denied the accusation and we all defended her. Events have proven Adedibu right. First, she became a minister and the portfolio she got shows that she must have been desperate to become a minister at all cost. Now she is airing her daughter's wedding live on AIT and STV (maybe on some other stations too). Of what essence is the live transmission of a wedding if not to show off. May God forgive all of us.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by bombsquad(m): 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2009
@ Tudor :Stupid is an understatement,

@ Ireke : This is not only to show off but to rub it in our faces that theyre better than the rest of us.>God save this country from the claws of the PDP
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 11, 2009
Now wat is wrong wit dat, 4 som1s wedin 2 be aired? Did u guys ask urself wat if d girl's husband is rich.afterall u also said dat he is a white guy, i also know dat if it was another naija citizen dats unpopular but got d dough whose childs wedin was bein aired una no go talk.im nt sayin she's nt guilty but fella's dis has got notin 2 do wit rebrandin and d nation's economy.its just 2 people getin MARRIED!, So pls get ova it.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by bombsquad(m): 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2009
Public officers shouldnt be exorbitant, This is simply oppression.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by wirinet(m): 1:46pm On Jul 11, 2009
Ada, my wife's name sake, you have got it all wrong.
There is everything wrong with a minister of information whose re-branding motto is "Nigeria - Great Nation, Good People", whose daughter is marrying a "non Nigerian, in a very expensive ceremony( remember, AIT is not cheap), while the whole nation has not had light for 24hr now (i have been running on inverter), universities are on strike, no kerosene and gas to cook, every other sector is threatening to go on strike, even here constituency - public radio services are on strike.

So if you do not see anything morally wrong with that, then please tell me what can be wrong.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by Egwuofor: 1:55pm On Jul 11, 2009
dora is a fraud. dora have stole so much money from nigeria govt. it is more than over 10 years that this useless dora have been stealing nigeria money. she need to do. dora is reuse material. she has been in govt from the days of abacha. stealing money. she is a thief.

let stop this thief from stealing our money.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by bombsquad(m): 2:03pm On Jul 11, 2009
wirinet:

Ada, my wife's name sake, you have got it all wrong.
There is everything wrong with a minister of information whose re-branding motto is "Nigeria - Great Nation, Good People", whose daughter is marrying a "non Nigerian, in a very expensive ceremony( remember, AIT is not cheap), while the whole nation has not had light for 24hr now (i have been running on inverter), universities are on strike, no kerosene and gas to cook, every other sector is threatening to go on strike, even here constituency - public radio services are on strike.

So if you do not see anything morally wrong with that, then please tell me what can be wrong.

Pls help me tell ada that even though she might be a friend to the bride,she should have the nerve to admit that what dora did was wrong, flaunting wealth,power and influence in the face of a suffering masses
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by wirinet(m): 2:17pm On Jul 11, 2009
I have been thinking lately,

Can someone please give me a statistic of how many children of other countries public officers marry foreigners. How many other president's, prime minister's, ministers, governor,s even mayor's children marry foreigners or Nigerians for that matter. Are we not suffering from colomentality or inferiority complex?

Some Igbos or Yorubas would forbid their children marrying outside their tribe - especially Hausa, but would proudly give their daughter/son to an oyimbo man/woman even if the oyimbo is Arab or Labanese.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by ow11(m): 2:32pm On Jul 11, 2009
@wirinet

Exactly, I read somewhere in the vanguard that Mr Egwu was dancing joyfully at his birthday bash celebrating his achievement of living an extra year and in that time helping to grind Nigeria to a halt. The ministers are chosen on federal character basis and not on their competence. Even the seemingly competent ones are blinded by their greed and go directly to rape the already bruised and battered masses.

Spare a thought for Ada, she wishes it was her own grand wedding!People like her care nothing for the poor around them but only for the applause and aggrandizement they get from such public show of ill-gotten money.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by bombsquad(m): 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2009
@ wiriniet :It is dora's way of showing us that since they are at the top echelon of society,Nigerians are no longer good enough to marry their children, forgetting where they came from, They will still answer to a force much higher someday!
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by bombsquad(m): 4:03pm On Jul 11, 2009
@ becomeerich : I think the guy is american, but the lebanese presence was well felt at the wedding
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by otokx(m): 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2009
Finally the animal in Dora has been exposed; was never really impressed by her antecedents at NAFDAC. All was just stage managed by the corrupt media houses.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2009
her daughter is marrying a lebanese? Why did the OP say white man as if na Anglo saxon protestant?

bait and switch tactic grin

is the Lebanese groom Nigerian? Any relation to that lebanese guy from kano or somewhere who used to post on nairaland?

finally, any pictures? Wishing her happy married life anyway. You cant help who you fall in love with, I hope guess.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by asha80(m): 5:24pm On Jul 11, 2009
we never see anything for this country.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by Ijawman(m): 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2009
Is AIT a national news medium? I thought it was private?
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by Theblessed(f): 5:49pm On Jul 11, 2009
But when did Lebanese or the people of Lebanon become whites/Europeans? I would like to know. 

Abi, them no bi Arabs anymore??lol!!! Please, stop confusing yourselves, people are well informed these day, ok!!!!!

Anyway, best wishes!
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by OYBMEND: 6:48pm On Jul 11, 2009
A girl's love choice should not be used for politics

But what is it with Akunyili and foriegners as inlaws?

his other daughter married an Ivorian or Ethiopian

it is their choice though and must be respected.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by Litmus: 7:10pm On Jul 11, 2009
Re-branding Nigeria as a Nation where everyone is worshipful of Oyinbo and dying to marry to them will do more to improve Nigeria’s image abroad than a million good roads, constant electricity and good health care. So maybe she is doing a good job for Nigeria. For all the rubbish spoken and written on this board about how great the rest of Africa is in comparison Nigeria, the truth is this: Nigeria is perceived, more than any other African country, as the nation of the blacks. Subsequently most of the things written about Nigeria are largely racist in nature. How to worship white people and leave everything up to whites, is the single greatest thing Nigeria can learn from Ghana if Nigeria wants to progress.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by MrCrackles(m): 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2009
Poster
What the rot in hell do you want us to do if she is getting married?
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by iniguy(m): 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2009
Blatant slap on the faces of Nigerians. rebranding my foot!!
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by AloyEmeka9: 7:29pm On Jul 11, 2009
becoomrich:

do you blame the Arab or Labanese man the man have calculated how much he can get in contract from dora. after yar adua fires dora. which i can tell you is going to very soon than dora thinks. the Arab or Labanese would remarry another wife. it is marriage of contract. or may be the Arab or Labanese have money, when his money finished dora child would dump the man.

I hope someone told the Arab or Labanese , that his in law Dora would get fired very soon before he agreed to marry the child.
BecomeRich attending the wedding in full Benin republic military regalia. I don't know why he didn't rebrand Benin republic today.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by Seun(m): 7:50pm On Jul 11, 2009
I don't understand how the wedding of Dora's daughter is a "slap" in anybody's face.
The TV station's decision to broadcast the event live is not Dora Akunyili's fault.
White men are human beings, and Nigerians are free to marry them.  Nothing wrong with that.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by Tudor6(f): 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2009
Seun:

I don't understand how the wedding of Dora's daughter is a "slap" in anybody's face.
The TV station's decision to broadcast the event live is not Dora Akunyili's fault.
White men are human beings, and Nigerians are free to marry them.  Nothing wrong with that.
Firstly did AIT and STV decide to broadcast the wedding free of charge?
Secondly i don't see how important this is to be broadcast live on t.v.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by AloyEmeka9: 8:17pm On Jul 11, 2009
If the white man and his bride decides to pay for a live broadcast, how is that our cup of tea. Are they using Nigerian money to do it?. Should Dora stop him from doing that if that is their wish?. Because Dora is a minister doesn't mean she is the only rich person in her family or in laws family.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by Rebarobyn: 8:26pm On Jul 11, 2009
I so totally agree with you, public officers must show some restraint please, I dont think there's anything wrong in marrying a foreigner, its a matter of personal choices and preferences and it has nothing to do with rebranding, or inferiority complex. AIT is definitely not airing it for free and even if they did offer to do so, dora should have refused knowing her position and the level of poverty in nigeria, its a slap on the faces on the nigerian people who are unemployed, impoverished and have been subjected to poor service delivery, our money, oil money, tax payers money angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Disagreements As Ribadu Committee Submits Report / Chisos!!!! Everybody See Pictures Of GEJ Counting Billions Of Dollars! / Chelsea Sack Manager, Jose Mourinho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.