Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria (10092 Views)

Bridgestone Tyres And Firestone Tyres For Sale / Start Importing Laptops Into Nigeria And Keep Making The Money (INTRO) / The Best Items To Import Into Nigeria (selling @ Wholesale) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2009
I intend to embark on a large scale importation of brand new tyres and rims into Nigeria. But my problem is that someone told me that Nigerian government is not allowing importation of tyres into the country. When I went to do some research about the government policy regarding the importation I found that only "used tires" was what the government was refering to as being banned for importation.

In my findings, I found that Dunlop, Michellin, and some other tyre companies have left Nigeria and only importing tyres into Nigeria from their companies overseas. Now, my concern is if it is true that these companies are importing tyres into Nigeria from there warehouses overseas, why regular citizens of the country not allowed to do the same?

I will like anyone with knowledge about this policy to enlighten me whether it is only used tyres that are banned from being imported into Nigeria or new tyres are also included.

Your contribution is highly regarded.
Re: Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 11, 2009
smiley
Re: Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria by abbeydot: 9:12pm On Jul 11, 2009
@ Poster,

I'm surprised no one has replied your post thus far.
I think (though not sure) that it is only fairly used tyres that are banned from importation.

Anyway, it is expedient that you do a proper market research before embarking on this project as part of the business planning. Though i am sure Michelin is out of the country while Dunlop imports, no more production.

I would be glad if you can contact me on ibizconsult@gmail.com to assist with the market testing/penetration and contacting of prospective tyre dealers when u start importing.

Looking forward to a mail from you soonest.

Cheers.
Re: Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 11, 2009
abbeydot

Thank you so much for your input. I am really serious about this business idea. I believe in the nearest future I will let you know my next move about this.
Re: Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria by BOMANY: 2:56am On Jul 13, 2009
First, it is only the Rethreaded and used tyred are prohibited from importation. The regulations say:
"Rethreaded and used Pneumatic tyres but excluding used trucks tyres for rethreading of sized 11.00 x 20 and above 4012.2010.00."

you can check it up the regulations and prohibtion list from importation on the website of the customs on Nigeria. It is useful in this matter
http://www.customs.gov.ng/ProhibitionList/import.php

2nd, i believe there is no restriction of tyres' importation to be only by those companies, individuals can do it too. I did not hear that there is any such restriction of importation, except weapons and esplosives. Indviduals are importing day and night in all fields. Anyway, perhaps you ask for further information about that.

However, importation of tyres, like others, needs to be approved by SON before importing. The product should obtain SONCAP certificate otherwise a fine will be paid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria by Nobody: 3:37am On Jul 13, 2009
Thank you for your contribution. I have decided to go into that business. I just need to do my homework very well with Nigerian Customs Administration to avoid loss.
Re: Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria by adexfem(m): 6:10pm On Jul 13, 2009
@Oaziz, sequel to our telephone converstion,these are the things needed;
-we open a FORM M in your company name and we make the transaction not valid for forex,
-You get a soncap certificate over there(i will get you their contact address later, i dont have it now)
-A RAR will be applied for over here(the duty you will pay will be stated on the RAR by the inspection agent) All these can be done before the arrival of the container.
Re: Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 13, 2009
adexfem,

I will be expecting the information.
Re: Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria by adexfem(m): 11:31am On Jul 14, 2009
SON OFFICE
USA - MIAMI
8125 NW 53rd Street, Suite 200 Miami, Florida 33166
USA.
Tel: 305-513-3000
Fax: 305-513-3001
Operations Manager: Francisco Ibern
email: infor.miami.fts@intertek.com
For more information about SON, check their website: www.soncap.com
Re: Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria by Nobody: 1:39am On Jan 24, 2011
@adexfem

I am ready for the business. I will call you sometime this week. How are you doing? It's been a long time.
Is your phone number still the same?
Re: Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria by adexfem(m): 3:24pm On Jan 24, 2011
oaziz:

@adexfem

I am ready for the business. I will call you sometime this week. How are you doing? It's been a long time.
Is your phone number still the same?

Egbon, eku ijo meta Sir.
Its been a very longtime.I am fine.
You can still reach me on my numbers.
Regards to your family.
Re: Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria by Uchepeter(m): 4:14pm On Apr 17, 2012
we have all sizes of triangle tyres in our warehouse, 104,funsho williams Avenue,Iponri Costain ,Lagos West Bsf
we sell at whole sale prices, save your self the stress give us your order and we will have it delivered to your door step/workshop immediately.
TRIANGLE TYRES
+2348037829723, +2348186792709
africanstatetech@yahoo.com www.facebook.com/africanstate

Re: Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria by embassy69: 9:12pm On Jun 06, 2012
There is no restrictions on importation of new tyres, I was into importation of fairly used tyres before moving into new tyres presently I import from China and Dubai but importing from Dubai is highly capital intensive and a bit risky because you have tripple d tyres ( bundling 3 or more tyres into one) which is against SON regulations.
Re: Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria by felixmeng: 3:36am On Jul 31, 2012
This is Felix Meng from Ownace brand tyre which is a professional tyre company specializing in designing, manufacturing and marketing all ranges of bias tyres.
Established in 1996 and dedicated in Rubber and tyre industry for over 10 years, we have rich manufacturing experience.With strict quality control system and advanced technology, our tyres have been enjoying great popularity in Chinese domestic market for their reliable quality and competitive price.Now,we're looking to expand our business globally and hope we can establish long-term business relationships based on our mutual benefits.
Our advantage:
1.Rich manufacturing experience
2.Advanced technology and strict quality control
3.Competitive price
4.Top brand in Chinese market

Our tyres currently available:forklift & industrial tyres,solid tyres ,mining deep pattern,OTR tyres and agriculture tyre.
If you are interested in our tyres ,please kindly let me know the main size and quantity you demand, so that we can offer our best quotation yo you.
Any enquiry is welcome by felix@ownacegroup.com.

Best regards!

Felix Meng

TEL:0086-0532-85605186

FAX:0086-0532-85605187

CELL:0086-15966879788

Web:www.ownacegroup.com

E-mail:felix@ownacegroup.com
Re: Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria by StarrMatthieu: 8:17am On Jul 31, 2012
Well
Re: Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria by osarojim: 12:49pm On Aug 08, 2012
we are Freight Forwarder and Clearing Agent with Links freight Nig Ltd, 71 Stadium Road, opp. Bereton School, Rumuomasi, Port Harcourt. phone no: 08055629475,08068521274. E-mail: jimwin4real@yahoo.com and jimwintim@gmail.com, www.linksfreightltd.com,We specializes in air freight, sea freight, cargo handing, haulage and all form of logistics invlvoed in the movement of goods and services, Links freight Nig Ltd is a Nigerian Customs Licensed agent with many years of experience. We clear shipments in the seaports and airports of west African countries,we advise our clients and prospective clients. we urge you to give us a trial today as you can be rest assured of excellent services. We look forward to establishing a business relationship with your organization in the most mutual and beneficial way. Our charges are cheaper and affordable to that of our competitors, all goods in transit are fully insured by Links Freight Nig ltd. We employ the best people, processor & technology in offering our service delivery and modes of operations. our head office in Lagos,branec in china, londom, South Africa,Port Harcourt. looking to hear from you. thanks
Re: Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria by ultrazone(m): 9:14pm On Jan 05, 2015
Re: Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria by chysam: 4:23pm On Jul 08, 2016
embassy69:
There is no restrictions on importation of new tyres, I was into importation of fairly used tyres before moving into new tyres presently I import from China and Dubai but importing from Dubai is highly capital intensive and a bit risky because you have tripple d tyres ( bundling 3 or more tyres into one) which is against SON regulations.

Are you still in the business of tyre importation from China?
Let me know. Whatsapp/wechat. 08106648450
Chinedu .
Re: Importation of New Tyres and Rims Into Nigeria by chysam: 7:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
embassy69:

Do you still import tyres from china?
Let me know. Pls drop your whatsapp or Wechat or viber number.

(1) (Reply)

Expedite Action On Recapitalisation, CBN Tells Banks / 6 Ways To Keep Your Online Customers Away From Your Competition / TRIBUNE: Phcn’s New Tariff Takes Off Today - N40 Per Kilowatt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.