Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,958 members, 7,799,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? (71851 Views)

Has Anyone Used Lumos Mobile Electricity Powered By MTN? / MTN And Lumos To Launch ‘mobile Electricity On Monday / Who Is Using MTN Solar Mobile Electricity Thingy? Pls Comment Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by reachbenny(m): 11:58pm On Feb 23, 2016
The heat has not been friendly at all & power supply has been epileptic.
Get this amazing device from MTN & Lumos at N10,000:00 only.
get more information if you are interested.

many thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by Ahzyz(m): 12:02am On Feb 24, 2016
Naija light problem

South Africa don take ova
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by bremo(m): 12:07am On Feb 24, 2016
Can you please shed more light on this as I am interested and where one can get it.
Thanks.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by Gerryboy(m): 12:09am On Feb 24, 2016
Nigeria my country, I pray God see us through very fast before sometin terrible happen.
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by reachbenny(m): 12:18am On Feb 24, 2016
reach me on 08033611500 for more details.
many thanks.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by kennyman2000(m): 5:34am On Feb 24, 2016
reachbenny:
many thanks.

reach u for more details on ur phone. Na so dem dey do advert? Bro, if na like that, maybe u'll need the help of minister of power: gov raji fashola to do advert for u before u can even sell one. U think say, thats how dumb and foolish people are? Many have fallen victims of fake power source. So, they'll want to see a detailed info of a product they want to put their hard earned money on.

Bro, many dont have time contacting seller. U write the detailed info, they read and decide if its worth going for. Contacting you! Many dont have time once again.

All d best!

57 Likes

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by libertyfather(m): 5:37am On Feb 24, 2016
kennyman2000:

reach u for more details on ur phone. Na so dem dey do advert? Bro, if na like that, maybe u'll need the help of minister of power: gov raji fashola to do advert for u before u can even sell one. U think say, thats how dumb and foolish people are? Many have fallen victims of fake power source. So, they'll want to see a detailed info of a product they want to put their hard earned money on.

Bro, many dont have time contacting seller. U write the detailed info, they read and decide if its worth going for. Contacting you! Many dont have time once again.

All d best!

Abi oooo! I'm happy seeing this kind of innovation from MTN but the op scatter the the whole thing, I guess he want to make a fast one on it

10 Likes

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by justi4jesu(f): 6:08am On Feb 24, 2016
reachbenny:
many thanks.

Reach you where....you fell from the sky abi.

You berra drop all info here or use the Emptyhen Electricity alone.

13 Likes

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by reachbenny(m): 6:42am On Feb 24, 2016
I am truly very sorry! Here are the details.
MTN Mobile Electricity Kit:
1. Indoor unit 300Wh
2. 6 sockets at 12V DC
3. Large solar panel 80W
4. 2 powerful LED room lights
5. USB adaptor
6. Mobile phone charger
The promotional price is N10,000:00
The device is recharged either for 3 days at N133 per day with total price of N400, N121 for 7 days with total price of N850 or N110 for 30 days with total price of N3,300.
It is linked to your MTN SIM for easy subscription wherever you are.
It is affordable, reliable, comfortable and convenient.
After 5 years of daily payments, you own the system.

Note: it works with 12V DC appliances only.
For more details, visit any MTN shop close to u.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by DMM007(m): 4:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
Thanks for this info. Am in Abuja and am highly interested. Please any details of where to get it in my area? Am around Nyanya axis
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by Kizyte(m): 12:26pm On Apr 03, 2016
reachbenny:
1. Indoor unit 300Wh
2. 6 sockets at 12V DC
3. Large solar panel 80W
5. USB adaptor
6. Mobile phone charger
The device is recharged either for 3 days at N133 per day with total price of N400, N121 for 7 days with total price of N850 or N110 for 30 days with total price of N3,300.

Nice info! Can I install it by myself?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by trendphemmy(m): 1:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
reachbenny:
1. Indoor unit 300Wh
2. 6 sockets at 12V DC
3. Large solar panel 80W
5. USB adaptor
6. Mobile phone charger

can it power a ps4 and led tv? am asking because I don't understand d concept of dc and ac

1 Like

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by olorunda68: 1:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
trendphemmy:

can it power a ps4 and led tv? am asking because I don't understand d concept of dc and ac
No it can't power a led TV, #3,300 × 12 months × 5(years) + #10,000 = #208,000. and it will only power 12v electronics. [quote author=trendphemmy post=44367181]

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by crosart(m): 6:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
Nice info bro...bt u did nt mention the fact that it can't work with our TVs and Fans we will have to purchase a DC enabled TV and Fan to enjoy dis services..our Tv is AC enabled..pls if am wrong there is room for correction..bt dis is wot understand.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by godoluwa(m): 6:27pm On Apr 03, 2016
crosart:
Nice info bro...bt u did nt mention the fact that it can't work with our TVs and Fans we will have to purchase a DC enabled TV and Fan to enjoy dis services..our Tv is AC enabled..pls if am wrong there is room for correction..bt dis is wot understand.
you are not wrong at all, lumos has the dc fan & tv. to me, its meant for phone charging & light as you cant enjoy your favourite cable tv programs using your decoder.

1 Like

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by crosart(m): 10:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
godoluwa:
you are not wrong at all, lumos has the dc fan & tv. to me, its meant for phone charging & light as you cant enjoy your favourite cable tv programs using your decoder.
so does that mean, when we are buy the solar panel from MTN we ar automatically getting it with a fan and TV

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by Baylam(m): 10:41pm On Apr 03, 2016
Lols
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by surgecom(m): 11:11pm On Apr 03, 2016
MTN Nigeria To Bring Affordable Alternative Mobile Electricity To Nigeria
BreakingGeneralTechMay 7, 2014

MTN Nigeria, the leading ICT company and Nova-Lumos, the world’s first distributed utility provider, announced their collaboration today on a next-generation alternative “mobile electricity” service. The Nova-Lumos service will provide alternative electricity to MTN customers who are living in rural areas across Nigeria and are not connected to the electricity grid. The Nova-Lumos service is provided using a solar panel and an indoor unit that allows MTN customers to subscribe to alternative electricity on demand using their mobile phone. With Nova-Lumos, MTN customers can replace kerosene, candles and flashlights with modern electricity that can power significant lights, cellphones, fans, PCs or laptops, radios, TVs and other small electronic devices, all at once, every day. “By paying for usage only in small payments, the same way our customers purchase airtime and other mobile services, MTN and Nova-Lumos will offer an innovative and widely-accessible service for all MTN customers,” said Michael Ikpoki, MTN Nigeria CEO. “MTN is committed to investing in the future of mobile electricity to our customers across Nigeria,” he added. SEE MORE BELOW

The first Nova-Lumos systems will be publicly available on the MTN service points for the general public soon. A future announcement about the systems’ availability will be made by MTN.

“We are very excited about our partnership with MTN which will enable us to distribute the Nova-Lumos power systems acrossNigeria and touch millions of lives,” said David Vortman, CEO and Co-Founder at Nova-Lumos. “One of our guiding principles is that the Nova-Lumos service must be affordable and accessible to anyone in Nigeria in order to have a meaningful impact on the Nigerian electricity market,” he emphasized.

Nova Lumos in partnership with MTN Nigeria received funding from the GSMA’s Mobile Enabled Community Services (MECS) Innovation Grant Fund with the support of the UK Government. This grant is awarded to organizations developing innovations that improve access to energy and water among undeserved communities by leveraging mobile technology and infrastructure. The MECS Innovation Fund has helped to highlight the demand for mobile-enabled services and the role that mobile can play in supporting access to basic utility services across rural and urban markets
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by guassian: 4:39pm On Apr 12, 2016
It is a good idea just that i need to buy a dc fan dc tv etc. Engineer like me could bypass the circuit and use electricity for free forever. I dont know how secured the circuit is and dont know how easy it will be to bypass the network but i hope i wont be disappointed if i find out that it is so easy for a layman to bypass. so mtn should better step up their game. If not this business is as good as failed. Because I know an 80w solar as sold for 20k including d indoor unit and accessories it should cost up to 50k so mtn gets back their money through subscription.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by Kreamie(m): 5:31pm On Apr 12, 2016
Not bad....But the battery would be as good as dead in 5years smiley Prove me wrong

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by guassian: 5:53pm On Apr 12, 2016
Kreamie:
Not bad....But the battery would be as good as dead in 5years smiley Prove me wrong
You are right. I heard after 5years subscription it will be for free. No subscription. I am sure after 2 years the battery efficiency will begin to depreciate, just like those solar street lights and traffic lights. This unit is to be used day and night, even before 2years the battery might not last longer.

I trust Nigerian like me and some others that will use light fan and tv and charge laptop throughout the night to maximise my usage for the subscription cost and use d battery to 0% knowing that sun will charge it d next day.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by kokozain(m): 6:35am On Jul 20, 2016
Pls can anyone that has subscribe to this kindly advise us(we that are novice) so we will know if it worth venturing into.

1 Like

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by Sunotes: 10:16am On Aug 08, 2016
Can someone tell me the battery size of the Lumos Solar system
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by nonzo53: 12:35am On Aug 12, 2016
guassian:
It is a good idea just that i need to buy a dc fan dc tv etc. Engineer like me could bypass the circuit and use electricity for free forever. I dont know how secured the circuit is and dont know how easy it will be to bypass the network but i hope i wont be disappointed if i find out that it is so easy for a layman to bypass. so mtn should better step up their game. If not this business is as good as failed. Because I know an 80w solar as sold for 20k including d indoor unit and accessories it should cost up to 50k so mtn gets back their money through subscription.

Actually bro the security is a bit tough... tried bypassing the circuit from the inside all to no avail.. just have to be doing d sub until i finally bypass this thing one day
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by latest47: 9:35pm On Aug 26, 2016
LETS PUT OUR HEADS TOGETHER WE CAN CRACK THIS STUFF IN NO TIME......I WILL SOON BUY MY OWN AND START WORKING ON IT. CAN I HAVE SOME PICTURES OF THE BOARD ?
nonzo53:

Actually bro the security is a bit tough... tried bypassing the circuit from the inside all to no avail.. just have to be doing d sub until i finally bypass this thing one day
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by pointstores(m): 9:40pm On Aug 26, 2016
we provide 24hours light solution visit repairelectronics.com.ng

2 Likes

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by andycoal40(m): 9:25am On Sep 12, 2016
reachbenny:
1. Indoor unit 300Wh
2. 6 sockets at 12V DC
3. Large solar panel 80W
5. USB adaptor
6. Mobile phone charger

it can last for how long when fully charged with phone and laptop sir?
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by damex98: 12:20am On Oct 03, 2016
Does it charge laptops? if yes, how do I go about getting it?
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by torhyb(m): 4:18pm On Nov 15, 2016
nonzo53:

does it power ur av appliances
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by damex98: 10:39am On Nov 24, 2016
Please where can I get this in Lagos
reachbenny:
1. Indoor unit 300Wh
2. 6 sockets at 12V DC
3. Large solar panel 80W
5. USB adaptor
6. Mobile phone charger

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by testedtechs: 11:37am On Mar 01, 2017
Total waste, Our phone chargers are ac, every electronics is ac and you want me to spend 208,000 to buy just batteries and torchlight...

I never craze at all....makes no sense.

In five years, the batteries are dead, the solar panels are also dead....cos they are prob monocrystaline.

Who approve this thing sef

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! / USA Used Laptops For Sale At Affordable Prices. Updated. / Dongle Device-[unscramble All Locked Channels]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.