Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? - Technology Market (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? (71857 Views)

Has Anyone Used Lumos Mobile Electricity Powered By MTN? / MTN And Lumos To Launch ‘mobile Electricity On Monday / Who Is Using MTN Solar Mobile Electricity Thingy? Pls Comment Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by Oxax: 9:26am On Jul 05, 2017
The minister of power, been briefed by mtn( south africa) on a battery power solution that will reap Nigerians off, 208,000 to buy just batteries and torchlight, paid at 3000 a month over 5 years...

Had to imagine how he stands and what is going through his head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by LucemFerre: 1:16pm On Jul 05, 2017
Oxax:
The minister of power, been briefed by mtn( south africa) on a battery power solution that will reap Nigerians off, 208,000 to buy just batteries and torchlight, paid at 3000 a month over 5 years...

Had to imagine how he stands and what is going through his head.

Lmfao
... Fashola's expression is like... "chai, we don suffer... See the kind rubbish wey dem dey sell give us" lol
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by gabe: 10:27am On Jul 06, 2017
mtn, robbing u everywhere you go....

2 Likes

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by Cargoed: 11:39pm On Aug 07, 2017
Cargoed:
MTN and partners have done a great job. The service is actually more than branding and subscription. We are used to buying things cash down especially if we all know the power is from the sun and not a network.

Welcome Carrygo
So in that light we offer you a cashdown opportunity of about the same product. without any subscription plus it can charge laptops directly on DC.

Call Mr Paul 07063578028
Complete Carrygo kit for 12v appliances including Laptops. Price N85k
You Get 60watt Solar Panel, Led Lights and complete connectors for Laptop or LED Tvs only and rechargable fan, connector/charger.
Delivery NationWide.

Still Going good and Availabe
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by Ogadtop(m): 1:10am On Aug 10, 2017
Sunotes:
Can someone tell me the battery size of the Lumos Solar system

300wh, which means its 300/12=25AH. not even up to a car battery
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by Killuzverdict(m): 11:57am On Aug 12, 2017
Why do we have to recharge to use a solar panel hardware you bought? Or is it to the end that it is like a mortgage situation?

1 Like

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by ASOROCKb(m): 10:03am On Aug 24, 2017
Ogadtop:

300wh, which means its 300/12=25AH. not even up to a car battery
Ignorant is a disease oh,..
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by ASOROCKb(m): 10:20am On Aug 24, 2017
...Make a reseach or visit any electronics/solar system shop near you to know the prices of stuffs/solar system products or to buy your own dc inverter of the same capacity under 20k and use it for free. Because, the sun is a free gift from God like the air we breath...dont pay for it. So, anyone thats charging you for that, is evil/wicked. Well, its only in the zoo called nigeria that they can do such unhindered, because nigerians like living in ignorance...they dont like upgrading/knowing what they dont know.
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by ASOROCKb(m): 10:41am On Aug 24, 2017
nonzo53:

Actually bro the security is a bit tough... tried bypassing the circuit from the inside all to no avail.. just have to be doing d sub until i finally bypass this thing one day
Well, they blocked only the output source. Meaning, if you dont have credit, the solar panel will still charge the battery inside but it can't output/power your devices. ...How to bypass it and also power ac devices with it for free... Get a fairely used UPS for 2k or buy 180w or 300w inverter in the market and connect/solder its positive and negative wires to the battery terminals. Thats all thats required and you can go free, plus power ac appliances with it.
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by Dam5reey(m): 11:15am On Aug 24, 2017
ASOROCKb:
Well, they blocked only the output source. Meaning, if you dont have credit, the solar panel will still charge the battery inside but it can't output/power your devices. ...How to bypass it and also power ac devices with it for free... Get a fairely used UPS for 2k or buy 180w or 300w inverter in the market and connect/solder its positive and negative wires to the battery terminals. Thats all thats required and you can go free, plus power ac appliances with it.

More easier self, Open look for the Battery Terminal, connect the DC-AC converter directly and you are got to go..

3 Likes

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by LaconicINC: 3:46pm On Aug 29, 2017
Dam5reey:

More easier self, Open look for the Battery Terminal, connect the DC-AC converter directly and you are got to go..
see bad guys hahahahha
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by andymoorey(m): 8:04am On Sep 02, 2017
Can it power up to 5 laptops and 24 volt photo printer?
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by trendphemmy(m): 8:17am On Sep 02, 2017
ASOROCKb:
. can I contact you bro?
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by dandylass: 8:33pm On Sep 02, 2017
Can it power one laptop and two bulbs with table fan and television and how long will it last with this?
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by bellooyin(f): 6:00am On Sep 06, 2017
ASOROCKb:
bro please I have interest in this thing if truly I can bypass the subscription
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by dennisbee(m): 7:51am On Sep 10, 2017
Nigerians! Smart people. Bypassing is a sin ooh. Lol
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by Partnerbiz3: 12:47pm On Sep 12, 2017
bellooyin:

pls has it been serving u well?

Like how many hours does it stay?
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by Partnerbiz3: 12:48pm On Sep 12, 2017
bellooyin:

pls has it been serving u well?

Like how many hours does it stay? ..
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by Partnerbiz3: 1:04pm On Sep 12, 2017
ASOROCKb:

I guess why they restricted it is because it has a low battery capacity like 25ah. That's too small for Ac appliances.
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by paywriters(m): 7:38pm On Sep 17, 2017
I dont understand why people find it easy to criticize anything new or what they dont understand.

The device powers light, electric clippers, laptops and low energy consuming flat screens.

Can you imagine how many people can benefit from that even if you dont need it? Check the features of the device, if it suits you then you buy. If it doesnt suit your needs you ignore. Why insult MTN for this innovation? This will go a long way to power many small businesses.

imagine a barber's shop that buys this device. It powers a light bulb, his clippers and a DC fan (besides it has a DC to AV converter that powers some AC devices like the flat screen TV) and the barber pays N150 a day to mtn to have electricity. Is it such a bad deal? Is N150 too much to pay a day if the device is able to power your business? Of course this is not for everyone. If you are a tailor it wont power your electric sewing machine or electric iron so you may not need it, that doesnt mean it wont favor many other type of business.

Someone even called MTN a thief and being wicked for selling a device that uses the sun because sunlight is free. Can you imagine? Is water not in the ground for free? why pay for bottled water? dig water make you de drink na. or carry ur laptop go under sun to power am.

Its not any company's fault that your country refuses to solve this power issue and you cannot blame anyone trying to make a profit from it. what we should be concerned is how it works, the durability and the efficacy. It suits my small time power needs and i am happy with it.

As for those who are already planning to bypass or steal from the program i have just one question? If you were mtn would u spend millions investing on this without thinking about people who would want to bypass the system? Did you not read the part that you pay for 20 days subscription every month whether you use the device or not?

So bypass it, and end up still paying for 20 days every month. if you do not pay, they would come get their machine or go after your guarantors. if it really works and can power my laptop, flat screen TV and charge my phone i would be happy to pay N150 per day.

Just my 2 cents#

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by Dam5reey(m): 6:30pm On Sep 19, 2017
paywriters:
I dont understand why people find it easy to criticize anything new or what they dont understand.

The device powers light, electric clippers, laptops and low energy consuming flat screens.

Can you imagine how many people can benefit from that even if you dont need it? Check the features of the device, if it suits you then you buy. If it doesnt suit your needs you ignore. Why insult MTN for this innovation? This will go a long way to power many small businesses.

imagine a barber's shop that buys this device. It powers a light bulb, his clippers and a DC fan (besides it has a DC to AV converter that powers some AC devices like the flat screen TV) and the barber pays N150 a day to mtn to have electricity. Is it such a bad deal? Is N150 too much to pay a day if the device is able to power your business? Of course this is not for everyone. If you are a tailor it wont power your electric sewing machine or electric iron so you may not need it, that doesnt mean it wont favor many other type of business.

Someone even called MTN a thief and being wicked for selling a device that uses the sun because sunlight is free. Can you imagine? Is water not in the ground for free? why pay for bottled water? dig water make you de drink na. or carry ur laptop go under sun to power am.

Its not any company's fault that your country refuses to solve this power issue and you cannot blame anyone trying to make a profit from it. what we should be concerned is how it works, the durability and the efficacy. It suits my small time power needs and i am happy with it.

As for those who are already planning to bypass or steal from the program i have just one question? If you were mtn would u spend millions investing on this without thinking about people who would want to bypass the system? Did you not read the part that you pay for 20 days subscription every month whether you use the device or not?

So bypass it, and end up still paying for 20 days every month. if you do not pay, they would come get their machine or go after your guarantors. if it really works and can power my laptop, flat screen TV and charge my phone i would be happy to pay N150 per day.

Just my 2 cents#

So your barber shop can use 60 watts AC power , Please upload the picture of the Barber shop..

N150 for 300 Watt hour per day is totally waste of money.. How much is Nepa per KW? that I will pay Approx N4500 for 9KWH Monthly
Dont be blind folded with 24 hours power supply it is not
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by Greenback: 7:26pm On Sep 19, 2017
olorunda68:
No it can't power a led TV, #3,300 × 12 months × 5(years) + #10,000 = #208,000. and it will only power 12v electronics.

mtn=OLE

1 Like

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by cola: 9:09am On Oct 06, 2017
Dam5reey:

So your barber shop can use 60 watts AC power , Please upload the picture of the Barber shop..

N150 for 300 Watt hour per day is totally waste of money.. How much is Nepa per KW? that I will pay Approx N4500 for 9KWH Monthly
Dont be blind folded with 24 hours power supply it is not

Some people have no scruples, no shame. Here you are, planning and advising people to steal from someone's else's legitimate business, and you you still lack enough decency to listen to a voice of reason.

MTN is not forcing you or anybody to buy. This is essentially a hire-purchase scheme or an instalment mortgage-like scheme. If the payment and power plan suit you, sign up, if not, pass. Why plan to steal from the scheme? And you think and hope to make it in life from your own intellectual or business effort in the future? No, what goes round comes round. Some wayward bloke somewhere would also find faults with your business proposition and come up with a plan to steal it blind just like you are doing and in fact teaching others to do.

Swallow your pride, take heed and correct your wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by Dam5reey(m): 9:43am On Oct 06, 2017
cola:

Some people have no scruples, no shame. Here you are, planning and advising people to steal from someone's else's legitimate business, and you you still lack enough decency to listen to a voice of reason.

MTN is not forcing you or anybody to buy. This is essentially a hire-purchase scheme or an instalment mortgage-like scheme. If the payment and power plan suit you, sign up, if not, pass. Why plan to steal from the scheme? And you think and hope to make it in life from your own intellectual or business effort in the future? No, what goes round comes round. Some wayward bloke somewhere would also find faults with your business proposition and come up with a plan to steal it blind just like you are doing and in fact teaching others to do.

Swallow your pride, take heed and correct your wrong.

It's obvious you didn't understand what I wrote in the post kiss

2 Likes

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by pobeaf(m): 10:15am On Dec 22, 2017
*MTN LUMOS SOLAR: ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW*

*PLEASE READ THIS PIECE*

I just stumbled on this advert and being what l'm using I decided to read through most of the comments. Having read through, I discovered that many people who are interested in having it are being discouraged by those who are not using it and who do not understand how MTN Lumos Solar works.

First and foremost let me be quick to say that I am not working with MTN or Lumos neither am I helping them to advertise. I am a teacher, an ordinary Nigerian who is using MTN Lumos Solar and I want to tell you that am enjoying every bit of it.

Being a user of MTN Lumos Solar for the past 5 months, I can give you a sincere review of everything you need to know about MTN Lumos Solar: How it works (The Prons and The Cons)

I will say few things here, but those interested and wanting to know more can contact me on *Watzap/call 08034794904* for free information and assistance please.

*The Prons/Advantages*
- Imagine peaceful experience of 24 hours light in your house everyday
- The package comes with 2 phone charger cords (1 android and 1 pin mouth). Charging of phones becomes easy any time
- Charging of Laptop becomes easy. Imagine the relieve it brings if you are into Internet business, you like watching season films, downloading and playing games on laptop and phones.
- It can power all 12volts electronics, all decoders (DSTV, GoTV, Startimes etc),12v LED TV or any LED TV not up to 32 inches. Am using it to watch my own TV plus DSTV decoder.
- It can power your clipper for barbing your hair
- Most importantly, doing my children's assignments, preparing my work at night and cooking in the kitchen have become so easy because my house is well lighted all day.
- If you are in an area with epileptic power supply, PHCN poles far from you house or you haven't done wiring, MTN Lumos Solar power is perfect for you; just go for it.
- *All these for N150 per day*

*The Cons/Disadvantages*
- It's not free, *N150 per day* (if you can't afford it, MTN Lumos Solar is not for you)
- It cannot power the following appliances: Desktop Computer, Freezer, Old type TV, Pressing Iron, Water heater, A/C and other power consuming equipment

*Terms&Conditions*
- After paying for 5 years, it becomes unlocked for your free use without further payments
- MTN Lumos will be responsible for the (repair and replacement) within the 5 years, just call the customer care line (0800 080 0800) which is toll free.

NEED MORE DETAILS, pictures of the one am using, call or get me on *Watzap 08034794904*

I will only answer your questions and enlighten you without asking for a dime.

MTN Lumos Solar has given me peace of mind with no noise at all

*PROMO PRICE ANYWHERE IN NIGERIA FOR NOW*
19,000 - Package
4,500 - 1st Month subscription
2,000 - installation excluding transportation
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by mendelsmattress: 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2018
Oh! Forgive me for my late reply
it is still available if you still need it sir
lekson4:
How much is this please?
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by easybussiness: 4:58pm On Mar 07, 2018
i will design like mtn lumor for u with 3 bulbs phone chargeing laptop tv for 70,000 08166117634
Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by easybussiness: 12:56am On Mar 10, 2018
Saroda solar kit available in 500watts and 300 watts

500watt solar inverter specification 500watts inverter 200watts panel 3bulbs 70ah battery prize 140,000

300watts solar inverter specification 300watts inverter 150watts panel 3bulbs 45ah battery prize 90,000

Call 08166117634 15month warranty

Re: Have You Heard About MTN Mobile Electricity? by surrogatesng: 9:18am On Sep 16, 2018
Brand new 19 inch solar led television for sale.Works with mtn lumos.Power consumption is just 16 watts.Very compatible with MTN Lumos or small solar systems.Price is 25,000 Naira.To order call 08170368264

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FAKE Samsung Galaxy S4 Is All Over Ikeja....don't Be SCAMMED!!! / USA Used Laptops For Sale At Affordable Prices. Updated. / Dongle Device-[unscramble All Locked Channels]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.