Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape (11832 Views)

Man Gets Accused Of Rape By Lady He Ignored For His Laptop (Pics) / If You Are A Victim Of Rape Or Sexual Abuse You Should Talk To These Three Women / Photos From The Trial Of Kalu Bernard, Airforce Personnel Who Killed His Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by Blakberrybabes2: 6:03am On Feb 24, 2016
The Lagos State Directorate of Public Prosecutions has recommended the trial of an employee of ExxonMobil, Ikenna Onuoha, charged with raping a 14-year-old niece of his tenant.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Mr. Jamiu Alako, a senior Counsel from the Office of the Public Defender, informed the Igbosere Magistrates’ Court, Lagos, on Tuesday that the recommendation by the DPP for the trial was ready.

“The case has been transferred to the state High Court, Igbosere ,’’ he added.

The accused was arraigned on January 14 on four counts bordering on forcible and unlawful sexual intercourse.

He had pleaded not guilty to the charges and was granted bail in the sum of N2m with two sureties in like sum.

The magistrate, Mrs. O. A. Ogunbowale, adjourned the case till April 19, 2016, for the court to be presented with documents confirming the transfer of the case from the Magistrates’ Court to the High Court.

She ordered that all pending applications should be filed before the High Court.

Counsel for the accused, Mr. Mohammed Adamu, had urged the court to bar the DPP from making public statements about the case.

http://www.punchng.com/dpp-okays-trial-of-exxonmobil-worker-accused-of-rape/

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by HungerBAD: 6:04am On Feb 24, 2016
This man is still not in Jail?why is our Judiciary so slow?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by Flexherbal(m): 6:07am On Feb 24, 2016
He should be tried, and if guilty, prosecuted!
Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by richardjemedafe1(m): 8:15am On Feb 24, 2016
Welcome, to the season of trial....

Hope we get positive result frm dis. Not like That foOLISH FULANY Mans trail that has nOT YEILD A SINGLE RESULT..
Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by eshietIntrepid(m): 8:16am On Feb 24, 2016
Most of the rape news are scams

Any news about rape should be careful investigated, I know. What I'm saying.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 24, 2016
Rape is a serious allegation. In Nigeria most victims are disgraced and choose to be quiet about it.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by hucienda: 8:17am On Feb 24, 2016
Bad.

See how an employee for a supermajor like XOM (dey) tarnish im image.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 24, 2016
eshietIntrepid:

just imagine your immediate response! If a person doesn't give their consent it's RAPE!

There is so much of that crime going on but people tend to assassinate the character of the victim by either accusing them of provocative dressing or being in the wrong place. That is wrong

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by sharliz(f): 8:19am On Feb 24, 2016
Raping now trending in Nigeria.God save we gals oo
Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by fleps(m): 8:20am On Feb 24, 2016
Chai. That ExxonMobil name wia dem com add ehh
Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by Joshchi(m): 8:21am On Feb 24, 2016

Bros you should not generalize. Do you know how many rape cases go unreported,? I quite agree that 'careful investigation' be carried out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 24, 2016
If found guilty, he should be castrated.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 24, 2016
It is well
Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by maxwell767(m): 8:24am On Feb 24, 2016
cryThis could be a set up....... Anything can happen this days... That man may be innocent!!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by Bhella5(m): 8:24am On Feb 24, 2016
Send him to jail na
Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by kaikubura: 8:26am On Feb 24, 2016
hucienda:
Bad.

See how an employee for a supermajor like XOM (dey) tarnish im image.

How do you know he is a facilities engineer? You work at EM?
Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by Bisjosh(f): 8:28am On Feb 24, 2016
maxwell767:
cryThis could be a set up....... Anything can happen this days... That man may be innocent!!

Would u say such if it were to be your sister?
Or is it because he works at ExxonMobil means he can't rape? undecided

There's no smoke without fire pls! angry

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 24, 2016
AdaNri1:
Rape is a serious allegation. In Nigeria most victims are disgraced and choose to be quiet about it.

You sound like you've been raped before.
Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by eshietIntrepid(m): 8:46am On Feb 24, 2016
AdaNri1:
just imagine your immediate response! If a person doesn't give their consent it's RAPE!

There is so much of that crime going on but people tend to assassinate the character of the victim by either accusing them of provocative dressing or being in the wrong place. That is wrong

I'm not talking of wrong dressing, we all know girls have vow to walk the street half nak*d. I'm saying when u hear cases of rape u need to investigate it because most Them are lies.
Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by jazzboi: 9:00am On Feb 24, 2016
When I hear exxon mobil, what comes to my mind is the Minister of state petroleum MR IBE KACHUKWU.
Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by Housing(m): 9:08am On Feb 24, 2016
SerialGist:
This is the stereotype issue that rapist usually bank on. The comment was straight and clear why trying to stereotype her. I don't know why some guys on Nairaland like molesting ladies.

Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 24, 2016
eshietIntrepid:

I'm not talking of wrong dressing, we all know girls have vow to walk the street half nak*d. I'm saying when u hear cases of rape u need to investigate it because most Them are lies.
But you should not conclude that most of them are lies. You have no way of knowing. It's that belief that make the perpetrators lie against actual victims and even assassinate their xter. You know that most girls that are raped are even ashamed to say so because of societal backlash.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 24, 2016
SerialGist:

And what gives you that impression. I don't need to have been raped before to know that it is true. And thankfully I have not been raped before. So dim your lights mr

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by emonkey(m): 9:17am On Feb 24, 2016
Flexherbal:
He should be tried, and if guilty, prosecuted!
...and after being prosecuted he should be arraigned grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by Churchillsaug(m): 9:22am On Feb 24, 2016
HungerBAD:
This man is still not in Jail?why is our Judiciary so slow?
he paid 2m
Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by Misterdhee1(m): 9:23am On Feb 24, 2016
Konji na Bastard.. It Doesn't even have an outa of respect for The Rich.. The man should be punished accordingly
Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by Churchillsaug(m): 9:29am On Feb 24, 2016
maxwell767:
I totaly agree with u because, that guy is their landlord, they might be having issue of rent or so, and the man decided to set him up. My thought though

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Legal Agency Orders Trial Of Exxonmobil Employee Accused Of Rape by blank(f): 9:30am On Feb 24, 2016
eshietIntrepid:

This one is a clear case of forceful entry and rape. Why did he choose to go his tenant's home when he knew they were not at home? Why did he enter the house? traces of his semen were found on her. So i hope he rots in jail and his family use up all his money and sells his property.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsme Attack Residents Of Kagurna In Kaduna, Kill 1, Abduct 3 People / Boko Haram Attack Kills 7 In Northeast Nigeria Village / Vandals Destroy NNPC Pipeline In Lagos, Fire Explosion Averted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.