Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer (24603 Views)

Tonto Dikeh Steps Out With D'banj For Adewale Aladejana's Birthday / Hairstylist Calls Out Bobrisky For Not Paying For Her Services In US / I Have Been Paid Fully For Emergency Beat Production – P Loops Denies Saying He (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by TunezMedia: 10:11am On Feb 24, 2016
D'banj and P-Loops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T4HxfUavtA

Dbanj Called Out For Not Paying Producer Of Latest Single 'emergency'

Popular singer, Dbanj has been called out for not acknowledging and paying for the beat of his latest hit single, 'Emergency'.

Dbanj who is currently enjoying a moment in the sun after his 2016 debut single ‘Emergency’ received great reception, has ignored the young act, P-Loops who produced the song.

Dbanj recently released the video which was shot by Unlimited L.A, on location in Lagos. But at the time of this report, P-Loops is yet to receive compensation or acknowledgment.

“I just wanted to make something that was Afro, full-time Afro Pop. I wanted to sound like the old school Fela kind of thing. It was coming in my head, and it kept on ringing, and I knew it was what I wanted to do.” P-Loops told Pulse in a phone conversation.

Olu Maintain listened to the beat, and took it to D’banj. The beat originally was for Olu Maintain, but while on the Koko Tour stop in Owerri, Imo State (which is coincidentally the home town of the producer), he played it to D’banj who loved it and voiced a new song on it.

For P-Loops that was the end of the beat until January 2016 when he heard the song like any other person. He instantly recognized his beat. No credit was given to the producer, even his vocal signature on the instrumental had been erased.

“I was in shock when I heard the next morning that the song was out. I didn’t record with D’banj, I think Olu sent the beat to him, and he recorded. There was no credit at all, no credit on the promo copy, there was no credit online, no credit whatsoever.

“I did try to talk to them, I talked to Olu Maintain in my office. My trademark was removed. The original beat had my trademark. I talked to them about it, and we were going to have a brief meeting about it, but till now, there has been no credit".

Efforts to contact Dbanj and his team on mobile yielded no result, but this won't be the first time The Entertainer will find himself in muddy waters with producers ever since his split with Don Jazzy.

... http://hoelofofo.com/dbanj-called-out-for-not-paying-producer-of-latest-single-emergency/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by ChappyChase: 10:12am On Feb 24, 2016
Oga titus, are you that broke?
*modified*
So am FTC a day before my birthday!!!!!!
Oga suen abeg send me your email address so I fit send my account number asap!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by khristals(m): 10:16am On Feb 24, 2016
Eja nla., but why? cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by ernesty20(m): 10:17am On Feb 24, 2016
Who the payment don ep?

1 Like

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by khristals(m): 10:25am On Feb 24, 2016
the music industry is full of sh!t grin

that was how i wrote a major song that year, sent a voicenote to a record label i was looking forward to getting signed with

and the next thing i knew i was listening to my song on radio cry

the artiste wey dem give the song no even sing am well angry

can i also create a thread for my story

32 Likes

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by Cholls(m): 10:27am On Feb 24, 2016
my brother this is what they call attention seeking..........lailai D'babj and Olu can not be that stupid......they have stated it clearly for this dude what the plan was........but for the lazy asss he is............He wants people to think he stole the beat.......Guy try again later.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by mandhip: 10:32am On Feb 24, 2016
The guy just want attention so people can know he's the producer of the Hit song. But that's not the best approach

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by chuksbogus2001: 10:40am On Feb 24, 2016
All of you should stop talking like kids that stole their mums phone to comment.
How do u guys knew he was seeking attention?
is he not supposed to be recognized? olu and dbanj are carving a niche for them self and you think the producer doesn't want too

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by RichYoungNigga: 10:53am On Feb 24, 2016
It's a lie.
I was there with him when he bought indomie and egg for the P-loop the producer.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by esaias1(m): 10:53am On Feb 24, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 24, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by thorbar(m): 10:55am On Feb 24, 2016
Ghen ghen

2 Likes

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by nairalandaddict: 10:55am On Feb 24, 2016
Sue His ASS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by thorbar(m): 10:56am On Feb 24, 2016
my guy d-banj...see ya life

2 Likes

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by keepingmum: 10:56am On Feb 24, 2016
this guy has no case. This should be an issue between him and Olu Maintain because thats who he had the transaction with. Its probably likely Dbanj's team has settled Olu Maintain for bringing them a track.

Often times in the industry, music gets passed from A - B and vice versa......bottomline is Mr producer did a song and sold it or borrowed it to Olu maintain NOT Dbanj.

This is just a clear case of Mudslidding and maligning ones image which is tantamount to libel and slander

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 24, 2016
...ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ ǝɟıl ʇɐ ʞool oʇ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ sǝɯıʇǝɯos

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by mbahfrankuc(m): 10:58am On Feb 24, 2016
how it take concern me ,for diz dollar scarcity
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by miqos02(m): 10:58am On Feb 24, 2016
ok
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by snthesis(m): 10:59am On Feb 24, 2016
nairalandaddict:
Sue His ASS
y, there is no contractual relationship between Dbanj and P-loops. The Producer should be talking to Olu maintain, wetin concern dbanj for this matter

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by condralbede(m): 10:59am On Feb 24, 2016
Has it gotten to Dt level?
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by jaylister(m): 10:59am On Feb 24, 2016
sms
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by omanifrank(m): 11:00am On Feb 24, 2016
ok
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by centyboy: 11:00am On Feb 24, 2016
Vanity upon vanity... cry
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by truthspeaks: 11:00am On Feb 24, 2016
So if na u, will u allow it go like dat? Sometimes, put urslf in their shoes
Cholls:
my brother this is what they call attention seeking..........lailai D'babj and Olu can not be that stupid......they have stated it clearly for this dude what the plan was........but for the lazy asss he is............He wants people to think he stole the beat.......Guy try again later.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by BE811APP: 11:01am On Feb 24, 2016
we don hear..
put why will a producer produce a beat and all of a sudden d thing disappears to another artist?

even Olu maintain didnt get credit for it...

but what do i know...

2 Likes

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by vicstar(m): 11:02am On Feb 24, 2016
#codedTinz grin be a sharp guy next time!
Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by Raymondreigns(m): 11:02am On Feb 24, 2016
Leave ma bangalee al0ne w0h..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by Kangol99(m): 11:03am On Feb 24, 2016
Calm Down P-Loop........talk to am privately

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by cruzita(f): 11:04am On Feb 24, 2016
undecided why is it on nairaland?abi nairaland don become court room?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by mandhip: 11:04am On Feb 24, 2016
If true, then it is emergency cos I didnt see it coming

1 Like

Re: 'Emergency':P-Loops Calls Out D'banj For Not Paying Producer by Hysmady(m): 11:05am On Feb 24, 2016
Lol...Emergency

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Go Dye Gushes Of His Son, Share His Cute Photo / Photos Of Jaywon And Dbanj Hanging Out Together / Its Wizkid's 23rd Birthday, Say Happy Birthday To Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.