Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland (64906 Views)

The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) / Seunthomas - The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland / The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 12:57am On Feb 25, 2016
seunthomas:

You are also a liar too. Cause in your earlier posts you made mention of using prolog to control a robotic arm. Kicked your *ss.

Hahaha! Obviously you cannot tell a personal project from a work project. Who does major work with a raspberry Pi? I have hacked together a manually controlled toy robotic arm to a raspberry so the raspberry can control the arm. Add a camera for computer vision then Prolog to ADD AI so the contraption can learn as an intelligent agent.

My day job involves project managing a warehouse management system and an ERP. Automate certain parts of the operation on both. Joke is on you

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 12:57am On Feb 25, 2016
Na wa for this thread o, big wa.

In any case, I thought I would drop my 2 kobo for this thread. Basically, from what I have seen, it's never right/proper for one to describe themselves as a "Master Coder, Master Dev, Dev Guru, Dev 3lit3, Advanced Programmer, etc. etc."

The reason I say so is because when coding, there are always far more things to learn or grasp. The way code is written, it can always be written in a better and easier way for others to understand.

I for instance consider myself as a Novice to Intermediate Programmer. It's a constant learning experience. Programming/Coding is problem-solving for the most part. I don't think it's ever good to be elite or brag about oneself as an elite in programming. I think it's good to be modest and learn something new and realise how incredible and important the skill you have is to code/programme.

In any case, I wish everyone the best. I know NL can do better. I have seen many good Nigerian programmers and I think we can all do better to assist one another and compliment and critique one another in a positive (albeit non-childish) manner. I hope that we are all adults here.

Best regards to all.

8 Likes

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 12:59am On Feb 25, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Hahaha! Obviously you cannot tell a personal project from a work project. Who does major work with a raspberry Pi? I have hacked together a manually controlled toy robotic arm to a raspberry so the raspberry can control the arm. Add a camera for computer vision then Prolog to ADD AI so the contraption can learn as an intelligent agent.

My day job involves project managing a warehouse management system and an ERP. Automate certain parts of the operation on both. Joke is on you
You are a BIG LIAR. Please stop it...... Do you even have a clue what a warehouse or erp is??
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 1:00am On Feb 25, 2016
Fulaman198:

In any case, I thought I would drop my 2 kobo for this thread. Basically, from what I have seen, it's never right/proper for one to describe themselves as a "Master Coder, Master Dev, Dev Guru, Dev 3lit3, Advanced Programmer, etc. etc."

The reason I say so is because when coding, there are always far more things to learn or grasp. The way code is written, it can always be written in a better and easier way for others to understand.

I for instance consider myself as a Novice to Intermediate Programmer. It's a constant learning experience. Programming/Coding is problem-solving for the most part. I don't think it's ever good to be elite or brag about oneself as an elite in programming. I think it's good to be modest and learn something new and realise how incredible and important the skill you have is to code/programme.

In any case, I wish everyone the best. I know NL can do better. I have seen many good Nigerian programmers and I think we can all do better to assist one another and compliment and critique one another in a positive (albeit non-childish) manner. I hope that we are all adults here.

Best regards to all.
Well said.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 1:01am On Feb 25, 2016
maekhel:
@everyone just ignore this @seunthomas dude. Na only to talk him sabi... Giving excuse of being an CTO.
You want to get coding with me? I am opening the challenge s**cker
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by maekhel(m): 1:03am On Feb 25, 2016
seunthomas:

See rookie ohhh. Anyone you are mentoring should seriously have a rethink ohhhhh.....
Yeah am a rookie.
With all your ranting, you can't even comprehend a simple sentence. Well I will break it down for just as I will do when talking to my 8yrs old nephew.

dhtml is mentoring beginner programmers.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 1:03am On Feb 25, 2016
seunthomas:

You are a BIG LIAR. Please stop it...... Do you even have a clue what a warehouse or erp is??

Obviously if I start mentioning directed putaway using FEFO or pick instructions using same FEFO you will be clueless. Wave picks, man-to-product vs product-to-man or even stacking pattern are all strange words to you. So also will financial module or purchase requisition will sound like Chinese to your small mind

2 Likes

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 1:05am On Feb 25, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Obviously if I start mentioning directed putaway using FEFO or pick instructions using same FEFO you will be clueless. Wave picks, man-to-product vs product-to-man or even stacking pattern are all strange words to you. So also will financial module or purchase requisition will sound like Chinese to your small mind
so what is first expired first out used for? You assume too much dude and you know very little. Your ignorance betrays you.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 1:06am On Feb 25, 2016
maekhel:

Yeah am a rookie.
With all your ranting, you can't even comprehend a simple sentence. Well I will break it down for just as I will do when talking to my 8yrs old nephew.

dhtml is mentoring beginner programmers.
And you are worth exactly, his chief rookie/spokesman?
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 1:07am On Feb 25, 2016
Fulaman198:

Best regards to all.

Your moniker and strong opinions about the Bororo always made me a bit wary of you. But this right here is the exact reason why a book should never be judged by its cover. Love ever bit of what you have said. There is nothing like a master coder. Where someone's madness stops is where another person's own begins. Big up

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by webdevgod: 1:07am On Feb 25, 2016
DHTML? Seriously..you guys are coding in that sh*t? LOL!
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 1:09am On Feb 25, 2016
seunthomas:

so what is first expired first out used for? You assume too much dude and you know very little. Your ignorance betrays you.

Hian! Your ignorance goes ahead of you. Just so I school you it's FIRST EXPIRY not expired. It is used to ensure that the oldest batch of a product is shipped out prior to a more recent batch. I am done responding to you.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 1:11am On Feb 25, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Hian! Your ignorance goes ahead of you. Just so I school you it's FIRST EXPIRY not expired. It is used to ensure that the oldest batch of a product is shipped out prior to a more recent batch. I am done responding to you.
You dont even know what you claim you work with. What warehousing solution do you use? cause am sure its called first expired. By the way its actually an algorithm that indicates the order in which a job is done
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 1:15am On Feb 25, 2016
seunthomas:

You dont even know what you claim you work with. What warehousing solution do you use? cause am sure its called first expired

Hahaha. Wikipedia giving you so much confidence to say rubbish. It's First Expiry. And I use a bespoke WMS

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 1:18am On Feb 25, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Hahaha. Wikipedia giving you so much confidence to say rubbish. It's First Expiry. And I use a bespoke WMS
Dude you are drunk really FEFO,FIFO are algorithms first in first out first expired first out.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 1:23am On Feb 25, 2016
seunthomas:

Dude you are drunk really FEFO,FIFO are algorithms first in first out first expired first out.

Did I say they weren't algorithms? I guess you haven't figured out what a directed put away or picking slip is. Add to that less-than-pallets pick, case picks, picking face, automated pick face replenishments etc. now can you go to google to search them.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 1:32am On Feb 25, 2016
You would normally fire a salvo within 2-4 minutes after I have posted. This is 8mins after and no response from you. Continue googling. You will end up learning a bit about WMS. That should help expand your portfolio

*modified*
It's 1:44am as I type this modified post. Your last seen was at 1:39am, 7mins after I made this original post and 15mins after I sent you on errand. Did you get lost? Lol

6 Likes

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by coredeveloper1(m): 1:50am On Feb 25, 2016
hmmmm, have gone through all the comments . . . From my own point of view seunthomas is more experience and a better programmer than Dhtml in the real programming world, I think Dhtml should respect that fact and pipe real low for him or be degraded more.

Meanwhile, Dhtml maybe a good mentors to some young or upcoming programmers here in NL but I will strongly advise him to should stop talking to much, attacking people or degrading people and their work as if he is a perfect dude. Dhtml have ruthlessly attack me in the past but I don't have his time @ cha.

More so just recently, for e.g. you can see Dhtml comment on https://www.nairaland.com/2922744/please-criticize-it-condemn-it ; your comment there "@op, when making a post like this, do not start putting stuffs like - you are the lead programmer of the project.
While that may be impressive to some NOOBS, some people like myself and some others will automatically expect to see great and mighty things, and when we don't, we start murdering the project." is totally uncalled for; are you killing kiddosolomon spirit or encouraging him to improve the project compare to guru01 simple and mature criticism there.

We should all learn how to appreciate, support and encourage people and their works; stop degrading people and their work to remain the BOSS here.

Peace to all real and passionate programmers in da house.

3 Likes

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 2:00am On Feb 25, 2016
airsaylongcon:
You would normally fire a salvo within 2-4 minutes after I have posted. This is 8mins after and no response from you. Continue googling. You will end up learning a bit about WMS. That should help expand your portfolio

*modified*
It's 1:44am as I type this modified post. Your last seen was at 1:39am, 7mins after I made this original post and 15mins after I sent you on errand. Did you get lost? Lol
I got uninterested because you are trying to prove a point i dont get.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 2:08am On Feb 25, 2016
seunthomas:

I got uninterested because you are trying to prove a point i dont get.

Wasn't you that said this?

seunthomas:

You are a BIG LIAR. Please stop it...... Do you even have a clue what a warehouse or erp is? ?

And my responses were to dispel that notion. I am a computer science grad doing project management of erp and WMS in supply chain industry

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:10am On Feb 25, 2016
This thread seem to be getting more and more interesting o jare. . .
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by larisoft: 7:33am On Feb 25, 2016
dhtml18:
This thread seem to be getting more and more interesting o jare. . .

Keep showing portfolio. The day I will challenge you; you will see you have nothing in that regard (Mobile, web, desktop and 15 languages developer? lol. For one, visit playstore and search 'larisoft' - or forget. Its not me and you...yet.) .

But unlike you, I know portfolios are what even kids possess. Programming Competitions are about problem solving!!! ALgorithms!!!! Data structures!!!!

No programming competition you will ever engage in will ask for what you have done and that's why am very mute about mine. Check out topcoder.com, coderbyte.com, codechef.com, codeforce.com, leetcode.com. These sites will show you your real worth.

If you do, and realize how much ground you have to cover in these, you will respect seunthomas and some other quiet people here, and criticize small small. Because, i assure you, you dont even know it, talk more, know it all.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by larisoft: 7:41am On Feb 25, 2016
guru01:
Everybody is just claiming to sabi several language, basic,qbasic,prolog,ada etc.
As for me i still stick with my php, but if you need me to write in other language, give me 24 hours and i will build a program with anyone.

My brother; where you are now, many programmers, including myself have been and we will all tell you the same thing: learn at least 5 other languages. If PHP is all you know, then there are so many programming concepts you may be missing out on. Ones that readily come to mind will be delegates...interfaces...building apps with maven/ gradle e.t.c. Gods' speed.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:50am On Feb 25, 2016
larisoft:

Keep showing portfolio. The day I will challenge you; you will see you have nothing in that regard (Mobile, web, desktop and 15 languages developer? lol. For one, visit playstore and search 'larisoft' - or forget. Its not me and you...yet.) .

But unlike you, I know portfolios are what even kids possess. Programming Competitions are about problem solving!!! ALgorithms!!!! Data structures!!!!

No programming competition you will ever engage in will ask for what you have done and that's why am very mute about mine. Check out topcoder.com, coderbyte.com, codechef.com, codeforce.com, leetcode.com. These sites will show you your real worth.

If you do, and realize how much ground you have to cover in these, you will respect seunthomas and some other quiet people here, and criticize small small. Because, i assure you, you dont even know it, talk more, know it all.

Talk is cheap dude, stop trying to scare me, you ain't got nothing until you prove it. Truth is. my real portfolio is hidden from nairalanders except my APOSTLES.

coredeveloper1:
hmmmm, have gone through all the comments . . . From my own point of view seunthomas is more experience and a better programmer than Dhtml in the real programming world, I think Dhtml should respect that fact and pipe real low for him or be degraded more.
Meanwhile, Dhtml maybe a good mentors to some young or upcoming programmers here in NL but I will strongly advise him to should stop talking to much, attacking people or degrading people and their work as if he is a perfect dude. Dhtml have ruthlessly attack me in the past but I don't have his time @ cha.
More so just recently, for e.g. you can see Dhtml comment on https://www.nairaland.com/2922744/please-criticize-it-condemn-it ; your comment there "@op, when making a post like this, do not start putting stuffs like - you are the lead programmer of the project.
While that may be impressive to some NOOBS, some people like myself and some others will automatically expect to see great and mighty things, and when we don't, we start murdering the project." is totally uncalled for; are you killing kiddosolomon spirit or encouraging him to improve the project compare to guru01 simple and mature criticism there.
We should all learn how to appreciate, support and encourage people and their works; stop degrading people and their work to remain the BOSS here.
This is the height of foolishness. So it is by reading comments that you get to know the better programmer or by reviewing codes? This shows the kind of programmers we have on nairaland - chest-thumpers.

The only way any of you dudes can convince me you are good is by showing me stuffs you have done to earn my respect. If you like, abuse me from morning till night out of beef, e no fit pain me at all.

The fact is, for every language that I use, I know those that are actually better than me on nairaland, and funny enough, none of them have commented on this silly thread.

3 Likes

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 25, 2016
This thread as far as I am concerned is not about challenging DHTML, it is more about DHTML-HATERS running their mouth anyhow.

Eyin haters ma run down ni, you guys have not reached yet. All of you should pile up all your open-source stuffs (if any), make i debug them one after the other (in any languages that you like), then we can talk shop.

I apologize to anyone that I have ruthlessly attacked in the past o, anyway, seunthomas is already helping you guys to avenge sha (but not doing so appropriately because he is just all about talks and no real open-source anything anywhere).
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 25, 2016
larisoft:

I have checked you out on playstore, and you tried sha. But let me not show you my own playstore thing so that I wont make you cry. Like i said talk is cheap. Even for me that troll in so many languages, that I cannot even say I am android expert, my playstore is still much much better and professional than yours - so cry about it.

@seunthomas, I am sorry i am fighting on your thread. I think i killed this guy before, not sure, but he refused to die, so i have to kill him again.

2 Likes

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 25, 2016
coredeveloper1:

He asked for the condemnation and criticism and he got it bro, chill. Stop the history class for a sec.

2 Likes

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 25, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

You asked for the condemnation and criticism and you got it bro, chill. Stop the history class for a sec.
Thank you o jare. I cannot still get the reason some people are fighting with me on this thread still. . . . .truth is 99% of the people I kill on nairaland truly deserves it.
@guru1 and coredeveloper1, can you please point out to the threads where I ruthlessly attacked you guys?
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 8:14am On Feb 25, 2016
dhtml18:

I have checked you out on playstore, and you tried sha. But let me not show you my own playstore thing so that I wont make you cry. Like i said talk is cheap. Even for me that troll in so many languages, that I cannot even say I am android expert, my playstore is still much much better and professional than yours - so cry about it.

@seunthomas, I am sorry i am fighting on your thread. I think i killed this guy before, not sure, but he refused to die, so i have to kill him again.
Dude you cant kill me. I am and will always be YOUR FATHER and BOSS. Accept it and get a life.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 8:21am On Feb 25, 2016
Mr @dhtml18 you still have not repented of your code stealing activites. I think i will show some more pictures today.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 25, 2016
dhtml18 has been banned once again, challenge has been annulled since it is now one-sided.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Funny Programming Memes. Just For Laughs / How To Hack Your Girlfriend's Whatsapp And Fb Account / Atm Hacks "beware"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.