Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,409 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:01 PM

The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland - Programming (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland (64302 Views)

The Most Popular Programmer On Nairaland 2016 Edition (verification Round) / Seunthomas - The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland / The most popular programmer on Nairaland 2016 Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 2:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
seunthomas:

If you can name 5 side projects of bill gates, then i would say you are sane else you are predominantly loud lunatic begging for attention.

No I can't name one side project from bill Gates. But I can name one software that he designed and coded and has faced rigorous critiques. In case you don't know, it's called Microsoft Windows. Oh and also he built Microsoft office. Now name one software you have done that has been widely critiqued. Script kiddie comparing himself to Bill Gates. M0r.0|\|
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by asalimpo(m): 2:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
You are smarter than us all,combined. Satisfied?
But dont ever spew that crap you said about recursion and native loops and try to pass it off like its gospel truth.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 2:40pm On Feb 25, 2016
seunthomas:

If you can name 5 side projects of bill gates, then i would say you are sane else you are predominantly loud lunatic begging for attention.

No I can't name one side project from bill Gates. But I can name one software that he designed and coded and has faced rigorous critiques. In case you don't know, it's called Microsoft Windows. Oh and also he built Microsoft office. Now name one software you have done that has been widely critiqued. Script kiddie comparing himself to Bill Gates. M0r.0n
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 2:43pm On Feb 25, 2016
airsaylongcon:

No I can't name one side project from bill Gates. But I can name one software that he designed and coded and has faced rigorous critiques. In case you don't know, it's called Microsoft Windows. Oh and also he built Microsoft office. Now name one software you have done that has been widely critiqued. Script kiddie comparing himself to Bill Gates. M0r.0|\|
Here you go again. Mr bill gates never created or coded microsoft windows, he was only part of the technical team that worked on a later version of what we now call windows. So i think you are the mor.on
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 2:44pm On Feb 25, 2016
asalimpo:

yeah, i can imagine this type being managed..

# brought into the office on leash
And assigned a tamer to keep him civil during the work day!
undecided

He can't be on a software engineering team. This kind one that thinks of himself as the be-all and end all. Thinking "I" when a team is "we". Been watching him run his mouth like an anus with diarrhoea

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 2:45pm On Feb 25, 2016
seunthomas:

Here you go again. Mr bill gates never created or coded microsoft windows, he was only part of the technical team that worked on a later version of what we now call windows. So i think you are the mor.on

Proof? Which designed MS-DOS that morphed into Windows? You be riri ekpa
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 2:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
asalimpo:
You are smarter than us all,combined. Satisfied?
But dont ever spew that crap you said about recursion and native loops and try to pass it off like its gospel truth.
@asalimpo I assume you are young and possibly late teens/adulthood. I will speak to you as someone probably older and more experienced. If you will ever achieve anything of your miserable life, you need to listen more and talk less. I did that and right now i have more information that people like you and dhtml18(who by the way felt like he was the best programmer around). I have never clamoured to be the best or wisest programmer around(no yardstick if you get the drift). I just clamoured to be very good at what i do, and trust me I am very good at programming... So learn from me. But i know your type you wont learn, its a lost case. Shaking my head profusely.....
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 2:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Proof? Which designed MS-DOS that morphed into Windows? You be riri ekpa
Well in the late 90's when i was getting my first take into the world of programming, i read that from a book ohhh. I dont know ohh. Its very possible that both I and the renowned author may be Ekpa like you say....
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 2:50pm On Feb 25, 2016
airsaylongcon:

He can't be on a software engineering team. This kind one that thinks of himself as the be-all and end all. Thinking "I" when a team is "we". Been watching him run his mouth like an anus with diarrhoea
The point is clear, i am actually educating you guys and removing misconceptions. I am sure by the time we get to the 8th page of this thread, some new facts may have been learnt. Mind you am a core team player. I only do solo when the task demands it.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by maekhel(m): 2:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
seunthomas:

Still avoiding the challenge. Hmmmmm. I give up.
Someone should please lend this guy sense na!

The more talk, the more you expose how fooli*** and childish you are.

Piece of advice: get a life if elsewhere if you can't cope in programming.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 2:52pm On Feb 25, 2016
seunthomas:

Well in the late 90's when i was getting my first take into the world of programming, i read that from a book ohhh. I dont know ohh. Its very possible that both I and the renowned author may be Ekpa like you say....

In the first five years, Gates personally reviewed every line of code the company shipped, and often rewrote parts of it as he saw fit.

Reference: Wikipedia.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 2:56pm On Feb 25, 2016
airsaylongcon:

In the first five years, Gates personally reviewed every line of code the company shipped, and often rewrote parts of it as he saw fit.

Reference: Wikipedia.
Wikipedia is wrong(User generated content), no one can "personally review"(Dont believe everything you read on line) windows even from ms-dos. Thats millions of lines of code. Bill gate's role in microsoft as been more or less chief architect from the 80's. That means he just shapes the direction the company heads in.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 2:57pm On Feb 25, 2016
maekhel:

Someone should please lend this guy sense na!

The more talk, the more you expose how fooli*** and childish you are.

Piece of advice: get a life if elsewhere if you can't cope in programming.
You can do that na. Lend me some sense but from someone smarter than you.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 3:07pm On Feb 25, 2016
seunthomas:

Wikipedia is wrong(User generated content), no one can "personally review"(Dont believe everything you read on line) windows even from ms-dos. Thats millions of lines of code. Bill gate's role in microsoft as been more or less chief architect from the 80's. That means he just shapes the direction the company heads in.

Your penultimate sentence was pinched and rephrased from Wikipedia. Here it is

Gates's role at Microsoft for most of its history was primarily a management and executive role. However, he was an active software developer in the early years, particularly on the company's programming language products. He has not officially been on a development team since working on the TRS-80 Model 100,[63] but wrote code as late as 1989 that shipped in the company's products.[61]

Points of note:
He was an active software developer in the early years. This means he actively took part in developing Windows as Windows was developed in the early years of Microsoft Corporation.

... but wrote code as late as 1989 that shipped in the company's products. So as late as 89 he was still coding.

Bottom line, he partook in actually coding Windows as opposed to your earlier allegation that he didn't.

So back to the point, I know of at least one software Bill Gates coded that is publicly available for critiques. Is there any software from you (Even if it's just a "Hello World" piece of code) that is publicly available for scrutiny? Cos you are the one that asked me if there's any project from Bill Gates available
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 3:23pm On Feb 25, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Your penultimate sentence was pinched and rephrased from Wikipedia. Here it is

Gates's role at Microsoft for most of its history was primarily a management and executive role. However, he was an active software developer in the early years, particularly on the company's programming language products. He has not officially been on a development team since working on the TRS-80 Model 100,[63] but wrote code as late as 1989 that shipped in the company's products.[61]

Points of note:
He was an active software developer in the early years. This means he actively took part in developing Windows as Windows was developed in the early years of Microsoft Corporation.

... but wrote code as late as 1989 that shipped in the company's products. So as late as 89 he was still coding.

Bottom line, he partook in actually coding Windows as opposed to your earlier allegation that he didn't.

So back to the point, I know of at least one software Bill Gates coded that is publicly available for critiques. Is there any software from you (Even if it's just a "Hello World" piece of code) that is publicly available for scrutiny? Cos you are the one that asked me if there's any project from Bill Gates available
irony of the matter is am not checking wikipedia. I already know this things by heart. Kind of the Holy grail of programmers. Shaking my head for you bro. I have not done anything no code at all self. Infact i dont know how to program. Someone who is destined to swallow the bitter pill will do it no matter the prevent mechanisms put in place. Enjoy your pill.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
seunthomas:

irony of the matter is am not checking wikipedia. I already know this things by heart. Kind of the Holy grail of programmers. Shaking my head for you bro. I have not done anything no code at all self. Infact i dont know how to program. Someone who is destined to swallow the bitter pill will do it no matter the prevent mechanisms put in place. Enjoy your pill.

Fortunately the bitter pill has been swallowed by you. At least in your own words you have admitted that "I have not done anything no code at all self. Infact i dont know how to program.

That's all that was needed. A confession that you don't code. Now I can leave you alone
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by seunthomas: 3:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Fortunately the bitter pill has been swallowed by you. At least in your own words you have admitted that "I have not done anything no code at all self. Infact i dont know how to program.

That's all that was needed. A confession that you don't code. Now I can leave you alone
Na. Feel free to continue ranting. Its a free world and i wont trample on that fundamental right of yours...
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by FincoApps(m): 4:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
seunthomas:

You cant reach drag with me. You no sabi code. I cant smell it on you. If really you are coder it would show in your vocabulary.

looooooooool. Funny, but men, you look down on people tooooo much.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by asalimpo(m): 4:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
seunthomas:

@asalimpo I assume you are young and possibly late teens/adulthood. I will speak to you as someone probably older and more experienced. If you will ever achieve anything of in your miserable life, you need to listen more and talk less. I did that and right now i have more information that people like you and dhtml18(who by the way felt like he was the best programmer around). I have never clamoured to be the best or wisest programmer around(no yardstick if you get the drift). I just clamoured to be very good at what i do, and trust me I am very good at programming... So learn from me. But i know your type you wont learn, its a lost case. Shaking my head profusely.....

you just yap for yapping sake.
Dyu stop in your rant to think of what you say?
You challenge dhtml to a fight. Insult those who step in.
Spew technical crap, when busted, you resort to name calling and diversionary tactics.
You challenge opposers to a coding duel but now you're saying that you don't consider yourself to be the best bla bla.
You're bloated with the fart off pride. You say learn of me, what really is there in all your post to learn from? Tell me?
Even if some1 took up your challenge what code will you write in 1 hour that will showcase the breadth of your prowess?
Dyu really think?

3 Likes

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 4:56pm On Feb 25, 2016
seunthomas:

Na. Feel free to continue ranting. Its a free world and i wont trample on that fundamental right of yours...

Chief Professor Bill Gates seunthomas suck on this as the genius that you are.

A procedure "CallBack" is recursive for *some* inputs. If this procedure is guaranteed to terminate, then which of the following is not true.

a) CallBack has a local variable
b) CallBack has an path of execution where it is not recursive (doesn't call itself)
C) CallBack refers to a global variable or has one or more parameters

Time starts now

I
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by DanielTheGreek(m): 5:14pm On Feb 25, 2016
asalimpo:

you just yap for yapping sake.
Dyu stop in your rant to think of what you say?
You challenge dhtml to a fight. Insult those who step in.
Spew technical crap, when busted, you resort to name calling and diversionary tactics.
You challenge opposers to a coding duel but now you're saying that you don't consider yourself to be the best bla bla.
You're bloated with the fart off pride. You say learn of me, what really is there in all your post to learn from? Tell me?
Even if some1 took up your challenge what code will you write in 1 hour that will showcase the breadth of your prowess?
Dyu really think?
#word

asalimpo:
op's, mouth is in a recursive loop
# fatality
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by DanielTheGreek(m): 5:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Fvck you negro. U? Code? Allegedly since 98 and no publicly available job? Keeping with your analogy your are like an auxiliary nurse trying to claim to be a dr. Fvcking so-called coder without a publicly available side project.
#busted

@OP, even with all your rantings, you have exposed yourself to the whole world that you are a fake. And despite coding since 1998, you have no available side projects - other than rants (and some copy and paste stuffs).
No github account too for that matter? odikwa serious.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 25, 2016
seunthomas:

First sensible thing coming out of your mouth since.
Bill Gates programmed the MS word himself, with his hands.. Before later agreeing with Steve Jobs to examing his own windows based apple system which was still prototyped, Gates went on and "stole the invention" by adding it to the Microsoft operating system (which he bought from someone) and sold to IBM.

In summary, Mr A had a little OS, Mr B knew IBM needed an OS to buy, Mr C had the windows prototype on Apple first. Mr B bought Mr A's little OS and added Mr C's prototype then sold it to IBM..more of a partnership with IBM.

Gates did this because he needed an operating system to run MS word on, he went to Jobs, who did business and allowed it run on Apple. He bought an OS from a guy called it MSDOS and when he stole Job's 'windows' prototype (the ability to open one or more sub screens on an os) , Gates went ahead to rename the next version to Microsoft Windows and made a lot of cash which Job should have made. This caused their early rivalry back then.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by FincoApps(m): 5:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
seunthomas, judging from some of your posts, you apparently have some experience, just that no single thing to show for it. It is understandable that against all odds, you have been on one company project to another ever since you started programming so therefore no time to do any personal thing. Well let me give you a task so you can at least have 1 open source project.

1. Write a script that sends a broadcast message to all facebook friends (I did it sometime ago but I had issues broadcasting links so if you can solve this, I would really appretiate)

2. Use MiniMax algorithm to make the AI of my Tic Tac Toe game unbeatable. (This is my real problem, I must confess, MiniMax Algorithm alone is tough enough. Then considering Alpha Beta prunin.... I just need external help).

This is also open to other programmers including dhtml. I'll put the game on GitHub and share the link
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by asalimpo(m): 5:45pm On Feb 25, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Chief Professor Bill Gates seunthomas suck on this as the genius that you are.

A procedure "CallBack" is recursive for *some* inputs. If this procedure is guaranteed to terminate, then which of the following is not true.

a) CallBack has a local variable
b) CallBack has an path of execution where it is not recursive (doesn't call itself)
C) CallBack refers to a global variable or has one or more parameters

Time starts now

You have to take it easy on him. He probably only knows python and some php. And that he probably learnt from youtube videos rather than books (books delve into theory).

This kind of question would be too 'sciency' for him. Don't mind his yapping about coding since '98.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 5:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
FincoApps:
seunthomas, judging from some of your posts, you apparently have some experience, just that no single thing to show for it. It is understandable that against all odds, you have been on one company project to another ever since you started programming so therefore no time to do any personal thing. Well let me give you a task so you can at least have 1 open source project.

1. Write a script that sends a broadcast message to all facebook friends (I did it sometime ago but I had issues broadcasting links so if you can solve this, I would really appretiate)

2. Use MiniMax algorithm to make the AI of my Tic Tac Toe game unbeatable. (This is my real problem, I must confess, MiniMax Algorithm alone is tough enough. Then considering Alpha Beta prunin.... I just need external help).

This is also open to other programmers including dhtml. I'll put the game on GitHub and share the link

Over to you Chief Alhaji Professor Native Dr seunthomas, nairaland baddest coder. Come and see a side project you can use to exhibit your stunts. Please don't fall our left hand. And do not forget the small academic exercise I earlier gave you about procedure CallBack

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 25, 2016
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by DanielTheGreek(m): 5:54pm On Feb 25, 2016
asalimpo:

You have to take it easy on him. He probably only knows python and some php. And that he probably learnt from youtube videos rather than books (books delve into theory).

This kind of question would be too 'sciency' for him. Don't mind his yapping about coding since '98.

O no, he claims that he is an expert in all programming languages, he shall solve this problem in a matter of minutes.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by airsaylongcon: 5:54pm On Feb 25, 2016
asalimpo:

He's a pro ọ! Been coding since 98 when there was barely any Internet in the country let alone sufficient bandwidth for YouTube. As an old school programmer that he is I expect him to ace this without even reading the question.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by DanielTheGreek(m): 5:57pm On Feb 25, 2016
coredeveloper1:
hmmmm, have gone through all the comments . . . From my own point of view seunthomas is more experience and a better programmer than Dhtml in the real programming world, I think Dhtml should respect that fact and pipe real low for him or be degraded more.

Meanwhile, Dhtml maybe a good mentors to some young or upcoming programmers here in NL but I will strongly advise him to should stop talking to much, attacking people or degrading people and their work as if he is a perfect dude. Dhtml have ruthlessly attack me in the past but I don't have his time @ cha.

More so just recently, for e.g. you can see Dhtml comment on https://www.nairaland.com/2922744/please-criticize-it-condemn-it ; your comment there "@op, when making a post like this, do not start putting stuffs like - you are the lead programmer of the project.
While that may be impressive to some NOOBS, some people like myself and some others will automatically expect to see great and mighty things, and when we don't, we start murdering the project." is totally uncalled for; are you killing kiddosolomon spirit or encouraging him to improve the project compare to guru01 simple and mature criticism there.

We should all learn how to appreciate, support and encourage people and their works; stop degrading people and their work to remain the BOSS here.

Peace to all real and passionate programmers in da house.
Excuse me, the guy claimed to be a lead programmer (which means he is the top programmer of his team).

And dhtml made a very excellent review for the dude:

dhtml18:
@op, when making a post like this, do not start putting stuffs like - you are the lead programmer of the project.
While that may be impressive to some NOOBS, some people like myself and some others will automatically expect to see great and mighty things, and when we don't, we start murdering the project.

While the interface looks good at first glance, at second glance, I can see that you have made some bad judgements on some aspects:
1. The font size and color in some places are not appropriate.
2. When i reduce my browser to a resolution like 700 x 600px (using my eyes to measure), the scrollbar dissappears and there is no way to get to the bottom anymore.
3. You have broken a basic website-design rule. The logo of a website should link to the home-page, and NEVER TO REGISTRATION/SIGNUP PAGE.
4. From the registration/login/forgot password, there is no freaking way to return back to the homepage.
5. And please, the title of the page should be NEVER be "FORGOTTEN PASSWORD". You need to watch your grammar please.
6. Your facebook login does not work - a technical glitch maybe
7. I believe that "Signup with facebook" should actually be "Sign-in with Facebook".
8. You might wanna rewrite "SignUp with your Email" as "Sign Up with your Email"/"Sign up with your Email"
9. themes/default/imgs/logo.png returns a 404 error on the people's directory.
10. Has 0 friends look somehow funny to me, why not just 0 friends?
11. Why are you using un-seo friendly links like /section/s:termsofuse ?
12. The padlock logo on the right side of http://www.mitraspace.com/section/s:termsofuse highlights as Register, but when clicked goes to the homepage the way the logo is meant to behave - as i explained in point 3.
13. The responsiveness of the site get k-leg.
14. Some javaScript errors occured, please test properly in all major browsers.
15. For speed, try to put your javaScript after your page contents.

Chai, i don tire. . . . . . . . . .all in all, a very good attempt.

How is that a crime again? You are just not being truthful.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
airsaylongcon:

He's a pro ọ! Been coding since 98 when there was barely any Internet in the country let alone sufficient bandwidth for YouTube. As an old school programmer that he is I expect him to ace this without even reading the question.

The empty head does not even know the difference between a bot and a duplicate account

He's probably googling on the new school method to solve that.
Re: The Greatest Programmer On Nairaland by DanielTheGreek(m): 5:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
where is the OP now? I know he cannot have committed suicide, he will soon come and clear the coding challenge fast-fast to save his 1998 reputation.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (39) (Reply)

Meet Dare Obasanjo Who Works With Microsoft / Funny Programming Memes. Just For Laughs / How To Hack Your Girlfriend's Whatsapp And Fb Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.