Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Section Clean Up - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Section Clean Up (4466 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Section Clean Up by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 11, 2009
Bismillahi Rahmanir Raheem(In the Name of Allah, The Beneficient, The Most Merciful)

INTRODUCTION: The childboard, ISLAM FOR MUSLIMS, was created about one and half years ago against the backdrop of the violent turn of Religion section, between the Muslims, the Christians and the Athiests, and peaked by a report from Seun that a person claiming to be a Muslim sent him a threatening message.
Prior to the separation, the religion section had gone out of hands, and one can only imagine the extent to which religious debates had been taken. It was so serious that time that it will not be unimaginable to me if I heard that somebody punched his/her system or broke his/her keyboard while posting in NL religion section. That was how personal the whole issue had degenerated into.

In the wake of this, Seun had to separate the religion section from the Islam for Muslims section.

CURRENT TREND: In the early days of segregation of the boards, frayed nerves were cooled, and sanity was achieved to an appreciable extent. However, with the current trend of things on this section, it appears the goal of this segregation is being defeated, and there are ominous signs that if we do not nip in the bud before it becomes full blown, we may be in for another unpalatable phase of history in NL. It therefore becomes compelling to restore sanity as quickly as possible before it becomes too chronic to be treated.

ACTIONS: Myself and Mukina, with a view to nipping in the bud, are embarking on sanitization of this board. This will involve locking and deleting provocative and senseless threads, and warning trouble-finding posters. We shall be working with the fact that this thread is ISLAM FOR MUSLIMS, and the goal is for Muslims to educate themselves and serious, sincere non-Muslims, as opposed to perennial trouble makers. We have already issued warning to some Muslims that engage in things that could warrant provocative reactions by non-Muslims here. Going forward, any thread that has to do with personality with be deleted. If you want to complain about a person use the 'Lodge your complaints' thread.
Let me emphasize once again that the primary purpose of this thread is for Muslims to discuss their religion and educate themselves. Other things, including non-Muslims asking questions, are secondary. Therefore, any thread by a non-Muslim that contains abusive words, undue generalizations, or a thread that deals on a topic that has already being overdiscussed will be deleted. Yes, I will lock it because, belabouring an issue that had been on the frontburner since 2006, means the questioner is not reday to learn, and it is of no use leaving it open. We shall lock it only to be able to serve as future response. Whether the poster is satisfied or not no longer becomes our business. We have tried our best to answer him but he refuses to be satisfied, he should therefore be left alone to carry on with whatever opinion he has on the issue.

CONCLUSION:[/b]Mukina has already carried out a massive deletion and locking of threads as a foundation to this resolve, nad more threads will go. Perenial defaulters shall be warned, and if persistent, banned. This is just to formally notify you of this step we are taking. We already know you will draw your daggers again, calling us names. It's not new.

We welcome questions.

[b]See second page for informaation on latest Cleaning exercise.
Re: Section Clean Up by Abuzola(m): 9:42pm On Jul 11, 2009
*frown* why is it that it is now you are taking action after all this year, isn't it that seun abetted with you simply because for two months the religion section is been pounded ? Just know that Allah never slumber and He is nearer to you than your jugular vein, if is a conspiracy know that for sure Allah will handle you.
Re: Section Clean Up by Abuzola(m): 9:55pm On Jul 11, 2009
It baffles me to read the starting of this thread. Are you muslim leaders on NL not ashame of yourselves that it is until when the muslim members stood on their feets to say 'NO' that you started penalizing bad and unaim thread on this section. We are only onlookers as we do not have authority to do and to undo in the issue of NL. We will support you in whatever means, please heed to our pleas and our cry.
Re: Section Clean Up by Abuzola(m): 10:03pm On Jul 11, 2009
Before the hazard in the religion section, i opened a thread 'POWERFUL ADVICE TO THE MODERATOR' stating the menance of the atrocities in this section and why you shouldn't tolerate it, promising revenge if nothing has been done about it, though you took a step but a lot is expected from you. May Allah guide us all amin
Re: Section Clean Up by Gabry(f): 9:38am On Jul 12, 2009
Abuzola Abuzola Abuzola grin grin grin U are seriously one of a kind grin
Re: Section Clean Up by Abuzola(m): 11:53am On Jul 12, 2009
Mama Ngozi, this issue is beyond the way you think. What makes the muslim assasinate the author of the film 'fitna', killing scores of people when Muhammad was deplicted in a cartoon image as a suicide bomber, Mohammad represented as doll etc, any public insult on our Prophet deserve to be woe. *folds arm*
Re: Section Clean Up by Gabry(f): 2:26pm On Jul 12, 2009
But you know as much as you so called woe whoever whommhave insulted a particular religion, it will not stop the rest of society by opening their big fat yab dont you think? People will always talk and they will continue on talking. Dont you think its a waste of time wasting your breath on this people? If I were you, dont mind them. Just keep your faith and do good things and as long as you dont mock others, it will make a difference.
Re: Section Clean Up by Abuzola(m): 3:20pm On Jul 12, 2009
Sho ! Am sorry can't keep quiet when my Prophet is slander, many christian believe what they read as true despite no credible proof, this is why i see the christian as dumb and gullible no wonder pastors keep playing prank on them. It Is my obligation to maintain the reputation of Islam, The Holy Prophet admit glad tiding for whoever stand up for islam to make it superior and craft its reputation.

Mama Ngozi i see your last comment as bias and a wicked one because it hurts me, how can you say i should keep quiet and watch Islam been slandered.
Re: Section Clean Up by Gabry(f): 4:55am On Jul 13, 2009
I did not tell u to keep quiet. I was just saying that its pointless we bash each other up since people is still going to keep talking night and day and day and night and its never going to stop. The more you bash them, the more they will talk about it and infact, they will think that you are even more lame than before so whats the point? If you want to craft the reputation for Islam, this is not the right way to do it because people might even think more bad stuff about Islam. When you mock Chritianity or any religion like what you did with your past threads, people will begin to wonder if that is what Islam have taught you or wetin? To be a good citizen of any religion, always explain in the right and courteous way, not by baching back.

Me myself Im kinda angry about what I heard on the radio the other day. I was sitting in a cab and this guy switch on his radio and it was on a Muslim channel and this so called Haji had said that the Christian and Biddhist of Malaysia are teaching the wrong things and they are the wrong religion its because they wave their money in the air in church or in the temple just to show how rich they are.

But truth be told, that is called offertory. We do not wave our money in the air but we give out money to the warden (the person collecting the money) and like us Catholics, the first offetory is for thre maintenance of the church (water, electic bills, paper, maintenance of the equipment, the lights and so on so on), the 2nd one is to pay the staffs in the church like the security guard, the cleaner, the admin and the third one is to raise funds for our multipurpose hall. Like for Muslims in my country, all of this has been sponsored and supported by the government and the government uses our tax money to do this for the Mosque so basically they dont need to raise funds at all from the society. The government up till this date even try to steal our land and convert it to a Mosque so can u imagine how do we feel?

Our Catholic church is the most poourest one in Malaysia and we have to stand on our own two feet and we have to depend on ourselves to raise money for the church and yet we are actually not complaining at all so for that guy to even mock us like that can be very hurtful.

I thank God that I heard that on the radio and it has taught me a good lesson. The reason why he said all of this its because he does not understand the situation and therfore form there, I learn not to judge and mock anymbody without understanding the situation. This statement the Haji made might be coming from him but it does not give me the right to bash the whole of the Muslim society isnt it? Anyways, I thank him for bringing that up so that I know that I shall not mock or judge other religion without understanding their current situation.
Re: Section Clean Up by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 13, 2009
Jarus:

We welcome questions.

@Jarus

Please where is the thread "Please Make Your Complaints"?

Have you also deleted it? Don't forget it was you that started it, I made some reccomendations there last night and now they are gone. Is there anything you want to hide?

I sought for a compromise begining with Abuzola with the hope that the others will follow suit since it appeared that they had a common greviance against him. I do remember that I stated clearly that it was not about getting him banned. It was also pointed out by oyb that it was the rhetorics of others that got him started which might be true.

Don't forget that you generalised by asking saying "call ur pple to order". It's a shame the thread as been deleted hence it's my word against yours.

I don't subscribe to the whole conspiracy theory so I would like an explanation. You are not obliged to respond.

Once again, pardon me for posting in the Islam for Muslims Forum
Re: Section Clean Up by muhsin(m): 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2009
@Jarus,

Very good. I may have my full comment when I get back tomorrow.
Re: Section Clean Up by Abuzola(m): 12:25pm On Jul 13, 2009
@mama ngozi, i understand, everybody can distinguish insult and blessing, whoever insult knows its omen.

Can you tell me about tithe, i personally believe its another way to extort money from people, make me understand my mama.
Re: Section Clean Up by Abuzola(m): 12:29pm On Jul 13, 2009
@ahonohai, i never knew you reported me to be ban, do you realise how foolish you are: So islam section should be enduring while the christian section should be in peace. Now i know the kind of man you are. Stop me if you dare
Re: Section Clean Up by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 13, 2009
Abuzola:

@ahonohai, i never knew you reported me to be ban, do you realise how foolish you are: So islam section should be enduring while the christian section should be in peace. Now i know the kind of man you are. Stop me if you dare

Can you read at all?

ahonohai:

I sought for a compromise begining with Abuzola with the hope that the others will follow suit since it appeared that they had a common greviance against him. I do remember that I stated clearly that it was not about getting him banned. It was also pointed out by oyb that it was the rhetorics of others that got him started which might be true.

Please retract your previous statement.
Re: Section Clean Up by Gabry(f): 12:35pm On Jul 13, 2009
Abuzola:

@mama ngozi, i understand, everybody can distinguish insult and blessing, whoever insult knows its omen.

Can you tell me about tithe, i personally believe its another way to extort money from people, make me understand my mama.

Alright my dear.  wink

Ok, the definition if tithe is A tenth part of one's annual income contributed voluntarily or due as a tax, especially for the support of the clergy or church..

I know in my country, the church which I go to do not follow this practise its because alot of us are poor and we could not afford to give a set income to the church so for us, this is based on free will. If you have the money, you give , if you dont have, its ok. Its not a do or die thing.

I know the Anglican church follow this tithe method. Well, its almost the same as offertory as well only that the people would give a set percentage of income to the church every month so they dont have to do offertory anymore. This is also to allow them to ave money to maintain the church, to pay bills, to pay salaries and etc etc.

Based on what I know, the church will decide to have this system only if the people agrees to it. Since the church which I go to does not agree to this system, therefore we do it as an Offetory system but for the Anglican church, they all agreed to have the tithe system so thats why they do it.

If our government could give us some funds just to pay bills and to maintain our church, all this tithe and offetories wont exist in the first place.
Re: Section Clean Up by Abuzola(m): 12:42pm On Jul 13, 2009
@ahonohai, go get your glasses and read the end of your post
Re: Section Clean Up by Abuzola(m): 12:44pm On Jul 13, 2009
My Mama, i also learnt that some christian denomination forbid tithe that jesus never order so, what do you have to say to that
Re: Section Clean Up by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2009
Abuzola:

@ahonohai, go get your glasses and read the end of your post

You contradict yourself.

Abuzola:

Mr man you need glasses, didn't you say 'he came to fullfil about his coming which is written ?"

This is my post, what part of it is not clear?

ahonohai:

@Jarus

Please where is the thread "Please Make Your Complaints"?

Have you also deleted it? Don't forget it was you that started it, I made some reccomendations there last night and now they are gone. Is there anything you want to hide?

[b]I sought for a compromise begining with Abuzola with the hope that the others will follow suit since it appeared that they had a common greviance against him. I do remember that I stated clearly that it was not about getting him banned. [/b]It was also pointed out by oyb that it was the rhetorics of others that got him started which might be true.

Don't forget that you generalised by asking saying "call ur pple to order". It's a shame the thread as been deleted hence it's my word against yours.

I don't subscribe to the whole conspiracy theory so I would like an explanation. You are not obliged to respond.

Once again, pardon me for posting in the Islam for Muslims Forum
Re: Section Clean Up by Gabry(f): 2:52pm On Jul 13, 2009
Abuzola:

My Mama, i also learnt that some christian denomination forbid tithe that jesus never order so, what do you have to say to that

Sorry but what do you mean?
Re: Section Clean Up by noetic2: 5:42pm On Jul 13, 2009
Gabry:

Sorry but what do you mean?

u are better off ignoring abuzola. he has the habit of repeatedly constituting a nuisance.
Re: Section Clean Up by Abuzola(m): 11:50pm On Jul 13, 2009
I mean some christian sect say tithe is illegal and it is for the former nations i.e during the reign of Past Prophets before the coming of jesus
Re: Section Clean Up by Gabry(f): 1:13am On Jul 14, 2009
noetic2:

u are better off ignoring abuzola. he has the habit of repeatedly constituting a nuisance.

It could be that or it could be out of curiosity. As for me, am not going to question anything relating to other religions its because I trust the other religions to be righteous and with good teachings as our own my brother. No doubt about that.

Abuzola:

I mean some christian sect say tithe is illegal and it is for the former nations i.e during the reign of Past Prophets before the coming of jesus

Like what I say earlier, people will say the bad things and the good things about anything and they can say anything they want to say as for me, my point of view is that it is not illegal and also its not a sin if the people agrees to even have this system but however if the people has been force to do this sort of act, than it is a sin.
Re: Section Clean Up by Abuzola(m): 6:29am On Jul 14, 2009
Do you have any source to disqualify their claim, any verse from the new testament that jesus did or urge to be done
Re: Section Clean Up by Frizy(m): 9:31am On Jul 14, 2009
@Jarus

I got your message. Well, I cannot moderate on N/L because I don't come online these days, so don't think I wish you be relieved of your duties, if you think there is an improvement to be done, it is well. But deleting post that is enlightening is not good. So fear Allah, I fear Him too.

Salam.
Re: Section Clean Up by Gabry(f): 9:39am On Jul 14, 2009
I dont need any source or any Bible for this. Ill just ask you these questions.

We all know that Nabi Muhammad and also Jesus Christ was born before us right? So their like our ancestors! SIMPLE!

Heres the question:

1) Is there such thing as electricity, water, internet, fax, telephone bills, in the past when Jesus Christ and Nabi Muhammad existed?

2) Is there such thing as people making a mass buletin, magazine, through computers, scanners, printers in the past when Jesus Christ and Nabi Muhammad existed?

3) Is there such thing as technology like computer and fax, and internet and phone (which is needed to make buletins, magazines, announcemnts, send emails to other churches and get correspondents from them. Am sure the Muslim Society does this as well) in the past when Jesus Christ and Nabi Muhammad existed?

4) The Mosque nowaddays has a gigantor speaker in their mosque with good sets of microphones and thats why their prayers are the loudest among all. Do you think you guys have it in the past when Jesus Christ and Nabi Muhammad existed?

The answer is NO  to allll so since theres none, therrefore u obviously have nothing to pay. No bill no payments and dont you think its stupid if Jesus and Nabi Mohammad would ask for money when theres obviously nothing to pay?

Its the same thing when you buy food from the market and cook it on your stove and I ask you why are you not following your ancestors whom hunt down the animals from the jungle and cook it on a fire created through stone rubbing?

My dearest Abuzola, at times, you dont have to be so straight. Not everything from the Bible or from your Al Quran can be related towards today's Society especially not regarding the lifestyle or even the condition of the situation. Globalization, civilization will change everything and I'm sure, in the future, religion wil change its form somehow but still, we serve our Lord.

I believe that the Al Quran and the Bible and other religious books existed  in order for us to know the good and the bad, the evil and the good. Not all these petty things. . . Seriously, You should focus on the more important stuff like perhaps thou shall not kill, steal, commit adultery, bacj stab. . . Those are the important things. Not why do you give money to your church or mosque to pay their electric and water bill? I hope you catch my drift
Re: Section Clean Up by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 14, 2009
noetic2:

this coming from noetic, the certified commisioned troll for jaysus   cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Section Clean Up by Abuzola(m): 9:54am On Jul 14, 2009
Morning my wonderful mama, the way am asking sound as if am challenging you, am sorry is something bothering my mind and i find you hospitable and tolerant to vomit my thud,

In the time of the jesus and Muhammad no scientific invention, true talk, but can you remind me where i related to scientific invention ? Tithe is not scientific but an innovation in religion which jesus never did or urge, many churches here in 9ja deem tithe as a compulsory levy, take note: innovation in religion is different from scientific invention to enhance the attribute of religion.

If you don't want to discuss this you are free to say so, madam
Re: Section Clean Up by Gabry(f): 1:14pm On Jul 14, 2009
Hey dearie. Morning to you. How's life? cheesy Nahhh. . . No wahala's. Lets treat this as a healthy discussion but you know what? U're the first Nairalander which has made me contribute towards a longgggggg post like 3 times in a row which is very rare as I dont like typing long posts that much. I might stop soon though.  grin

I know you did not relate to scientific invention but its not about scientific or non scientific. Its about relaity and how globalization has changed religion in the sense of environment. Its all based on common sense.

Whether if its Scientific or religion, still, the religion is free to do anything which will keep the religion going for generations and generations. I dont know about the Christians in Nigeria but does the Muslims there get help from the gov or from a higher authority? If so, than I can't blame the Christians for having the tethe system.  Im sure if the Muslims does not have any funding from anywhere, they might also consider having this kinda system. Dont you think so? Unless if the people are rich and they could contribute, than this tithe system would not have existed.

if say in Nigeria for all the churches its a compulsory to do this system, if the people are not happy with it, am sure they would voice out or they could leave and go toanother church or another religion right?But since it has been on for generations (expecept the past), I dont see anything wrong in that.

Its the same concept where every citizen in the counry has to pay tax to the government and the money is used to do repair and maintenance of the country. Exactly the same system. Dont you think so?
Re: Section Clean Up by Abuzola(m): 2:41pm On Jul 14, 2009
You know taxation is different from religion affair, Islam have nothing interested in religion Innovation, as a matter of fact the Prophet said 'anyone who invents a matter that we do not know in Islam is rejected and his not among us (i.e muslim)'
Re: Section Clean Up by Gabry(f): 3:18pm On Jul 14, 2009
Not interested? Than why you guys installed the PA system with the loud speakers and Microphones to say your prayers in the Mosque? Isnt that Innovation? As far as I know, theres no such thing as that in past history so pleaseeee becareful what you say naaa.

U could see many of the Haji's recording their prayers on YouTube and post it online. isnt the Computer and internet an innovation?

Whether you like it or not, all religion will have to make certain changes to suit the environmwnt which we are living in. No doubt about that.

So tithe is just one of the things some Christians will go through and some is towards offetory and some gets help from the govrnment like the Muslims here.
Re: Section Clean Up by Gabry(f): 3:26pm On Jul 14, 2009
And mind u, we should respect both religions. As far as I know Jesus Christ was stated in your Muslim Bible and his name is Nabi Isa. have you heard of that?
Re: Section Clean Up by muhsin(m): 4:34pm On Jul 14, 2009
Gabry:

And mind u, we should respect both religions. As far as I know Jesus Christ was stated in your Muslim Bible and his name is Nabi Isa. have you heard of that?

What's that? Had never heard of anything like.

I supposed you mean to write QUR'AN, right? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Practical Steps To Help Lower The Gaze / Importance Of Good Manners / Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.