Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara (53484 Views)

Salary Ranges Of University Lecturers In Nigeria? / Photo Of A Woman Frying And Selling Bean Ball 'akara' From A Boat / Nwabueze Eucharia, A Graduate Of UNIZIK Paints & Tiles (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 24, 2016
She is a graduate of accountancy from the
University of Abuja, the Vice President of the
National Association of Anambra Students and
she sells akara in Abuja. She's done this business
for 31 days, waiting for her national youth service
and has decided selling akara is what she wants
to do. She plans to continue during her service
year and beyond. She's very cheerful and friendly.
The first time I bought akara from her was a day
after valentines day. She asked how my val was
and I was taken aback because that's not a
question the usual akara seller asks. I decided to
talk with her today and find out why she does
this business. I'm glad I did and I am inspired.
Unemployment is relative after all.

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 24, 2016
People should really discover who they are!
To the myopic, it may be mere akara and very
abominable for a "graduate" to be selling akara .
Graduate!
1st! Sit and ask yourself why you studied that
course you studied that made you a graduate?
Be cause u really wanted to or because that was
what your jamb score could fetch u?
Many who are educated or called graduates are
confused souls who cannot even defend their
results and have also refused to face reality!
1st it shows this young woman has a strong
passion for cooking and this akara can be
enhanced and lots of ideas out in to make it
bigger and better.
What's the difference between the pizza we
scramble for and this akara?
If she was making pizza, cake or shawarma
would u call her a waste?
This is an example of someone living a life of
purpose and in few years I bet you she will
employ the same graduates in the same business
of making bean balls.
By then lots of people will start going into akara
business
The whites may even come to learn it from her! . . . . . . . . . MODIFIED . Nairalanders, You will never stop amazing me, just imagine what this guy typed . . . . . . . " [ bobkezel( m ): 10:16pm
Another jumoke
Op is trying to impose on us another jumoke. The
first woman was about bread. Op figured that
akara and bread works hand in hand, so he
brought us his own version of jumoke. In
timaya's voice *I refuse to concur *"] . . . . . . It is really true we have different kind of people here!.

183 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by belloabd1914(m): 3:58pm On Feb 24, 2016
Now, employment is getting me scared. How can som1 spend 4yrs on trade, profit and loss account just to fry akara. Unemployment ti take over. I salute her courage for a fresh graduate and a girl at dat.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 24, 2016
So the question is this...as the fingers are not equal so also are the circumstances in our lives.what becomes of our tomorrow depends on us. If ya'll see this as a way out of our precarious situation in our country...generation to generation, there shall be no solutions to our problems. I suggest you, I, clamour for good governance. This lady sells akara to the very people who are responsible for the thousands of persons in similar cases faced with hardships. . Did u see a zinc over her head to protect her from rain and the scorching sun? Did I hear someone say business na small small?? Hmmm! even in speech, don't marginalise yourself! Nigerians! We are prince and princesses! My people, we are a rich nation and as such no child should go to bed without #food . The fingers represent us as a people...It places us all in our various obligations to one another. Let our leaders do their jobs efficiently, no stealing, no cheating, no greed, stamp out corruption and you, I and the likes of this lady will experience a taste of good life u have most of our leaders living..and u know what? ?? They live off ur sweat, off ur parents sweat and they live off her sweat. Now without us, there will be no them. Vote for accountability and see how all of us will benefit from the resources God has blessed Nigeria with. Vote for discipline in our institutions and see her get immediate employment after service and enjoy the benefits of good governance. Vote for transparency and experience governments mandatory obligations to its people and after voting do not retreat like in the usual circumstance, where we leave our government feed on our blood. Let's have a Nigeria we can all be proud of..let's have our sons return home.lets protect our daughters from the streets. Let's protect our children from cleaning the windscreen of cars for survival. . Ask for good governance you will be # heard

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by rheether(f): 4:05pm On Feb 24, 2016
lol!! And she is doing it with a gas cylinder.. Op, were is she? I'd like to meet her.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Milliprime: 4:06pm On Feb 24, 2016
So touching. cry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by oglalasioux(m): 4:08pm On Feb 24, 2016
This is good for the system if she can keep it up and improve on it. Banks can advance her loan to build a mini fast food restaurant to make her customers more comfortable.

Unemployment is a thing of the mind. Okada men, Keke drivers, bus and lorry drivers. Artisans, technicians, launderers; we all must be proud of what we are doing and take it to the next level. We are really employed in this country. Just that the politicians have used excess money to destroy our psyche.

12 Likes

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by elkonS: 7:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
really inspiring ....wen are mates are using unorthodox means.... God bless her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by cutetopsey(f): 8:08pm On Feb 24, 2016
Very motivating and inspiring! Selling akara has a lot of gain.

Keep it up gal!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Holyfield1(m): 8:08pm On Feb 24, 2016
Oga o, this country sha, But must we always blame the government for our unfortunate predicament.....Most graduate out there are too pompous and only after white collar job their father didn't set up....God help us!
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by cirmuell(m): 8:08pm On Feb 24, 2016
Good 4 her...nothing new.

belloabd1914:
Now, employment is getting me scared. How can som1 spend 4yrs on trade, profit and loss account just to fry akara. Unemployment ti take over. I salute her courage for a fresh graduate and a girl at dat.
you musta missed the part where it says she's waiting 4 her call up letter?

5 Likes

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by jaylister(m): 8:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
God will see her thru...there are many like this in my area
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
When you allow riff raffs to rule you, this is the end result. List your head of state since after the civil war and ask yourself, wouldn't a dog have done better?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by winilove(f): 8:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
God will bless her Efforts

5 Likes

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Seeeeeeee: 8:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
Not Bad
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by lifestyle1(m): 8:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
If she know she for start with akara selling and attend uni on part time basis, she for don be millionaire by now.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
Good idea. Hope she goes national.
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by kekakuz(m): 8:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
It's about vision and knowing who you are
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by chemmerfrank(m): 8:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
She maybe helping her mother out.
The story dosent tally at all....sorry am not buying the gist here...

She didnt even package it like who really be graduate...then why the school? No different from iya sule down ma street.
Your a graduate dosent make you special..prove it by applying sophistication to the basic everyday things.
80% of d so called graduates no sabi anything. Because d skool didnt really teach us anything.

But she tried if the story is true...but a little touch of advancement form the regular sellers would be great

4 Likes

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by GboyegaD(m): 8:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
Funny how some people will come here to abuse her.
She just did it at first to keep herself occupied however, she's found love in it. I salute her courage and I wish her the very best in her business pursuit.

8 Likes

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Weedcrusher: 8:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
She's her own CEO
She's her own executive director
She's her own manager
Nobody can tell her how to fry her Akara except her customers
That roadside is her factory
That roadside is her office
That roadside is her workshop

Oyinbo talk say where we dey work nah there we dey chop that is why it is called workshop

Dear Akara lady, carry own with your workshop. No mind Enemies of progress

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by blackpanda: 8:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
modelmike7:
People should really discover who they are!
To the myopic, it may be mere akara and very
abominable for a "graduate" to be selling akara .
Graduate!
1st! Sit and ask yourself why you studied that
course you studied that made you a graduate?
Be cause u really wanted to or because that was
what your jamb score could fetch u?
Many who are educated or called graduates are
confused souls who cannot even defend their
results and have also refused to face reality!
1st it shows this young woman has a strong
passion for cooking and this akara can be
enhanced and lots of ideas out in to make it
bigger and better.
What's the difference between the pizza we
scramble for and this akara?
If she was making pizza, cake or shawarma
would u call her a waste?
This is an example of someone living a life of
purpose and in few years I bet you she will
employ the same graduates in the same business
of making bean balls.
By then lots of people will start going into akara
business
The whites may even come to learn it from her!

Chim ooo! Akara kwa....tufiakwa!!
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Femiwilli: 8:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
This is the Change APC promised Nigerians, abi?

Nigerian President declaring Michelle as the President of West Germany

The Finance Minister declaring 16 + 6 = 24

Investing N40 billion in looking for Oil in the North, instead of diversifying the economy.

Allocating more money to State Clinic than all the Teaching Hospitals in the Country in the budget.

Increasing Electricity bills without increasing the supply.

Companies laying off people left right and center.

Fulani nomads killing people with ease.

Why wont the masses suffer.

CHANGE DEM CALL AM.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:12pm On Feb 24, 2016
[size=20pt]I SEE BUHARI'S YOUTH EMPOWERMENT / EMPLOYMENT SCAM SCHEME IS WORKING OUT WELL FOR NIGERIANS [/size]

8 Likes

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by otunbashonny(m): 8:12pm On Feb 24, 2016
There are some many things to do to make money on the street,but our youths are just lazy ready to blame the next person for their downfall.

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by roland2rule(m): 8:13pm On Feb 24, 2016
did she graduate with 5.0 too ?
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by CoolSpecs: 8:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
Na condition make crayfish bend

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Ameedan: 8:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
let me share something with u guys.
I graduated from the same University, same dept in 2011.After graduation, I realised that it will take the grace of God to get a job easily because of the kind of background I came from.
immediately after graduation, I went back to the village.while in the village, I discovered that people are suffering of where to charge their phone. So I set up a charging point with the little money I was able to borrow from a friend I graduated with.
After three months I paid back the money I borrowed.
while in service, I kept a guy to help manage the biz and the guy was paying 1k per day. immediately after my service, I constructed a shop and I started selling phone accessories and recharge cards.
I got married from that biz and I just started fixing the ceilling of a four bedroom flat I constructed last year.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by cirmuell(m): 8:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
chemmerfrank:
She maybe helping her mother out.
The story dosent tally at all....sorry am not buying the gist here...

She didnt even package it like who really be graduate...then why the school? No different from iya sule down ma street.
iya sule dey take gas fry akara abi? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by knightsTempler: 8:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by kennyman2000(m): 8:15pm On Feb 24, 2016
Hmmmm.. Some people can never understand how frustrating its sitting down at home, roaming the streets of lagos for that white collar job, a job u dont know when it'll come but u keep hoping and keep struggling.

Mheeennnn... Its quite frustrating. A graduate frnd called me yesterday, asking if am around as he wants to change location. Tired of sitting at home after searching and searching and nothing it forthcoming.

FRYING AKARA IS BETTER THAN NO JOB! May God bless your hustle sister.

Remember, u've to get urself engaged in a legal line of hustling. Thats the easier and fastest way of God seeing ur missed call and calling back. You can ask olajumoke.

Bless ur hustle once again sister.

Check my signature for ur customised wristband.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

First Bank Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does First Bank Pay Staff? / Is 80k A Bad Salary? The Story Of Seyi Of UBA / Godwill Dike Accused Of Torturing His Staff, Sheidu Ozovehe (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.