Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,851 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:30 AM

Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara (53424 Views)

Salary Ranges Of University Lecturers In Nigeria? / Photo Of A Woman Frying And Selling Bean Ball 'akara' From A Boat / Nwabueze Eucharia, A Graduate Of UNIZIK Paints & Tiles (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Honestly1: 9:06pm On Feb 24, 2016
Im a graduate too... I make films for a living. So it's no big deal.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by tripoli007(m): 9:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
chemmerfrank:
She maybe helping her mother out.
The story dosent tally at all....sorry am not buying the gist here...

She didnt even package it like who really be graduate...then why the school? No different from iya sule down ma street.
Your a graduate dosent make you special..prove it by applying sophistication to the basic everyday things.
80% of d so called graduates no sabi anything. Because d skool didnt really teach us anything.

But she tried if the story is true...but make she add swag abeg

Should i just say u re a fool,this lady is trying to earn a living and not turn into a hoe ..u re busy complaining of her not having swag ..u re the biggest dumbass that has ever existed #ewugambia
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
Honestly1:
Im a graduate too... I make films for a living. So it's no big deal.

blue films?

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Titidi(f): 9:13pm On Feb 24, 2016
chemmerfrank:

Foils for the takeaway..better arrangement of the surroundings.
A small showcase..just the normal basics. O.p couldnt even notice she wasnt a regular market woman.
these dont cost much but it improves value and attracts customers..
After all the packaging and she decides to sell N20 akara for N50, you guys would say her akara is too expensive.
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by goldfish80(m): 9:14pm On Feb 24, 2016
I salute her courage. While her mates squeez their bum into skin tight leggings, prancing about allen avenue, starring into space, while waiting for an unknown fella to squeez 5 thousand naira into their palms for an all night rendevous. She choose to help herself with this small buisness to make ends meet. That's a wife material there!

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by teecode45(m): 9:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahaha.......#akara_graduate.
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by fortunechy(m): 9:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
wifey material
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Vikky014(f): 9:27pm On Feb 24, 2016
modelmike7:
She is a graduate of accountancy from the
University of Abuja, the Vice President of the
National Association of Anambra Students and
she sells akara in Abuja. She's done this business
for 31 days, waiting for her national youth service
and has decided selling akara is what she wants
to do. She plans to continue during her service
year and beyond. She's very cheerful and friendly.
The first time I bought akara from her was a day
after valentines day. She asked how my val was
and I was taken aback because that's not a
question the usual akara seller asks. I decided to
talk with her today and find out why she does
this business. I'm glad I did and I am inspired.
Unemployment is relative after all.
i love her spirit. i'm using my own time to learn domestic skills with my savings bc my dept missed batch A. i'm not a bigot but i love the i can do spirit of igbo ladies

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Vikky014(f): 9:29pm On Feb 24, 2016
tripoli007:

Should i just say u re a fool,this lady is trying to earn a living and not turn into a hoe ..u re busy complaining of her not having swag ..u re the biggest dumbass that has ever existed #ewugambia
lol
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by rhymesnoni(m): 9:29pm On Feb 24, 2016
Wow enterprenurialship @ its peak.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 24, 2016
Nothing wrong with it, it's what the times require..if she can use her learning on it, she can take it to another level..naija shld looking down on anything
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Bollove: 9:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
Many Nigerians are simply foolish and third citizen in their own country ...

Some people will pity the girl instead of pitying themselves ....

As an accountant, she is a better Akara seller than others who ain't graduate.....

Verily she will meet somebody who will take her away from Akara to possibly corporate world.

Education is just very important, it exposed you to life and define your philosophy but unless you are ready to use what you learned to provide solution to problems, you won't go far even with PhD.

ThanGod for her, she seem limitless.

4 Likes

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by mudsam(m): 9:52pm On Feb 24, 2016
God will see ha true and here ha prayer
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by charly24: 9:56pm On Feb 24, 2016
modelmike7:
People should really discover who they are!
To the myopic, it may be mere akara and very
abominable for a "graduate" to be selling akara .
Graduate!
1st! Sit and ask yourself why you studied that
course you studied that made you a graduate?
Be cause u really wanted to or because that was
what your jamb score could fetch u?
Many who are educated or called graduates are
confused souls who cannot even defend their
results and have also refused to face reality!
1st it shows this young woman has a strong
passion for cooking and this akara can be
enhanced and lots of ideas out in to make it
bigger and better.
What's the difference between the pizza we
scramble for and this akara?
If she was making pizza, cake or shawarma
would u call her a waste?
This is an example of someone living a life of
purpose and in few years I bet you she will
employ the same graduates in the same business
of making bean balls.
By then lots of people will start going into akara
business
The whites may even come to learn it from her!
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by charly24: 9:59pm On Feb 24, 2016
i tell u dis.this is were a well to do young man will pick her up marry her and get her fixed up just for her courage to do this business

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by SaintNegro77: 10:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
If its d choice of course,u failed it bro...yes everybody must not be d same in d field of study.d society we found ourselves ve messed up education.we struggled for 1st class and nw we ve it..things are no longer same old way
modelmike7:
People should really discover who they are!
To the myopic, it may be mere akara and very
abominable for a "graduate" to be selling akara .
Graduate!
1st! Sit and ask yourself why you studied that
course you studied that made you a graduate?
Be cause u really wanted to or because that was
what your jamb score could fetch u?
Many who are educated or called graduates are
confused souls who cannot even defend their
results and have also refused to face reality!
1st it shows this young woman has a strong
passion for cooking and this akara can be
enhanced and lots of ideas out in to make it
bigger and better.
What's the difference between the pizza we
scramble for and this akara?
If she was making pizza, cake or shawarma
would u call her a waste?
This is an example of someone living a life of
purpose and in few years I bet you she will
employ the same graduates in the same business
of making bean balls.
By then lots of people will start going into akara
business
The whites may even come to learn it from her!
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by bobkezel(m): 10:16pm On Feb 24, 2016
Another jumoke
Op is trying to impose on us another jumoke. The first woman was about bread. Op figured that akara and bread works hand in hand, so he brought us his own version of jumoke. In timaya's voice *I refuse to concur *
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Raalsalghul: 10:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
God bless her hustle.
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by otil1: 10:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
blackpanda:

Chim ooo! Akara kwa....tufiakwa!!

Stop that rubbish!

There is an entrepreneur. She is into food processing and vending, a key value chain activity that's even more valuable than primary production.

I bet you, she knows where her bread is buttered. While you are busy tufiaring, she's footing her bills, supporting siblings and generally smiling to the bank

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by kareemkamil(m): 10:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
I weeping for Nigerian.
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 24, 2016
Vikky014:
i love her spirit. i'm using my own time to learn domestic skills with my savings bc my dept missed batch A. i'm not a bigot but i love the i can do spirit of igbo ladies

I am igbo too, from anambra. I wash cars( taxis, private cars and buses) in Abeokuta pending when i'll leave for nysc camp next month. May God bless our hustle.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by Reggie2(m): 10:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
What plays out abroad as normal is often seen in Nigeria as absurd! Most Nigerians who come abroad although graduates, usually start off on a humble note before hooking up on something more decent; that is, if they are lucky. The Nigerian population of 'graduates' who ordinarily ought to influence elections by swinging the outcome to their favour, are still caught up in the quagmire of tribal politics; hence we get the kind of leadership that we impose upon ourselves - what a pity. Meanwhile may God bless the girl's sincere hustles to greater hights...

3 Likes

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by iukpe: 10:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
I hope as a graduate she can figure out how to take her Akara business to another level.
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by preciousman(m): 10:27pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ameedan:
let me share something with u guys.
I graduated from the same University, same dept in 2011.After graduation, I realised that it will take the grace of God to get a job easily because of the kind of background I came from.
immediately after graduation, I went back to the village.while in the village, I discovered that people are suffering of where to charge their phone. So I set up a charging point with the little money I was able to borrow from a friend I graduated with.
After three months I paid back the money I borrowed.
while in service, I kept a guy to help manage the biz and the guy was paying 1k per day. immediately after my service, I constructed a shop and I started selling phone accessories and recharge cards.
I got married from that biz and I just started fixing the ceilling of a four bedroom flat I constructed last year.
nice bro...may God bless ur hustle...one day I will get dere
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by habsydiamond(m): 10:33pm On Feb 24, 2016
Kudos to her. some people go dey shame. This is better than stealing oooo. May God bless ur hustle. Keep it up
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by chigoizie7(m): 10:33pm On Feb 24, 2016
chemmerfrank:
She maybe helping her mother out.
The story dosent tally at all....sorry am not buying the gist here...

She didnt even package it like who really be graduate...then why the school? No different from iya sule down ma street.
Your a graduate dosent make you special..prove it by applying sophistication to the basic everyday things.
80% of d so called graduates no sabi anything. Because d skool didnt really teach us anything.

But she tried if the story is true...but make she add swag abeg

So, iya sule down your street also make use of gas? And not firewood?

Anyways, me I prefer the firewood own to the gas,
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by qreem231(m): 10:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
According to the op, she is currently waiting 4 NYSC, so she chooses 2 engage in a business that will fetch her some money, so many youths like me are also awaiting NYSC but we spend the time sleeping,frolicking,messing around with trivial things. I'm really inspired,na make I go find popcorn machine dey go bus stop sure pass cheesy

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by chemmerfrank(m): 11:01pm On Feb 24, 2016
Titidi:

After all the packaging and she decides to sell N20 akara for N50, you guys would say her akara is too expensive.
Do people still buy iphones??

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by chemmerfrank(m): 11:06pm On Feb 24, 2016
tripoli007:

so whoever that dosent fry Akara is a hoe? Or Wetin carry hoe enter this talk... Silly slowpoke... You cant even comprehend basic grammar.
Mugu!
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by einsteine(m): 11:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
Nonsense waste of education. Why did she go to school in the first place? She could have been frying Akara since 4 years ago and saved the money spent on school and someone more deserving would have gotten the admission. Extreme poverty mentality. This is why Jamb cut off marks must be made higher. Fewer people need to go to school. We don't want graduates whose sole contribution to GDP is frying Akara.
Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by IkpuMmadu: 11:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
Vikky014:

I waited for almost a year before I got my call up..as an igbo dude I started selling okirika before the call up...I had so many customers that I came to camp as a baller...

My regrets that I didn't continue ...went into my career
But thank lord I am doing well

That's igbo man for you

1 Like

Re: Graduate Of University Of Abuja Frying Akara by IkpuMmadu: 11:12pm On Feb 24, 2016
einsteine:
Nonsense waste of education. Why did she go to school in the first place? She could have been frying Akara since 4 years ago and saved the money spent on school and someone more deserving would have gotten the admission. Extreme poverty mentality. This is why Jamb cut off marks must be made higher. Fewer people need to go to school. We don't want graduates whose sole contribution to GDP is frying Akara.

The problem with you guys is that you assume that education ends up in wearing starched clothes and carrying folders around

Education is making thing out if your life not making things out of your employer life

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Godwill Dike Accused Of Torturing His Staff, Sheidu Ozovehe (Photos) / Oando Graduate Accelerated Program (GAP) 2019 / How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.