Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine (20470 Views)

Ex-muslim Ishaku Exposes Buhari's Plan To Islamize Nigeria / Tears: Ex-Muslim Turned Christian Apologist, Nabeel Qureshi, Is Gone! / Ex-muslim Who Became A Christian Tells Us Everything... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine by Annunaki(m): 7:46am On Mar 14, 2016
When discussing the deteriorating position of women in the Muslim world some
defenders of Muslim law protest, claiming that Islam revered women, but that some
of its followers had misunderstood the Koran and the Prophetic tradition. But I still
have a question: Have the same followers misunderstood the Prophet’s attitude to
women in his lifetime? Where are the Koranic verses or Prophetic traditions that can
alleviate the ugliness of these attitudes? They are not to be found. How can we view
the marriage of a fifty-year-old man to a six-year-old girl (consummated three years
later) other than as rape? The answer is not to be found. How can we view the
marriage of a man to his son’s wife as an acceptable act? There is no passage to
make one think otherwise. How can we view a man’s marriage to his female captive
after he has attacked her tribe and killed her husband, father, and brother except as a
crime? We can’t because there are no verses or traditions to persuade us otherwise. Wafa Sultan
Re: Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine by Annunaki(m): 3:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
I am currently reading Wafa Sultan's book: 'A god who hates', though I am enjoying every of it I was moved to tears when I read about the suffering muslim women go through in islamic countries and also about the culture shock that accosted her when for the first time in her life she was treated with dignity and respect in 'immoral' america whilst she was treated as dirt in her own 'puritan' islamic country even though she was a medical doctor just because she was a woman.
Re: Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine by Annunaki(m): 5:43pm On Mar 14, 2016
The status of women in Muslim countries is a human catastrophe that the world has
ignored for centuries and for which it is now paying a high price for ignoring. An
oppressed and subjugated woman cannot give birth to an emotionally and mentally
well-balanced man. The invisible Muslim woman has been and continues to be the
hen who incubates the eggs of terrorism and provides them with the necessary
warmth to hatch the terrorists. The woman who stands before the television camera
and tells the world, “Three of my sons were martyrs and I hope the fourth becomes
one, too,” is a woman who has been deprived of her motherhood. And when she
continues, “My sons are now celebrating their marriage with their virgins in
paradise,” we must conclude that she has been deprived of sense and conscience,
too! Who has deprived this woman of her motherhood, her mind, and her
conscience? People, both men and women, fall into the trap laid for them by those
who educate them in the first years of their lives. People are what they are told to be.
A person takes on an identity and defines the characteristics of that identity in
accordance with the beliefs that prevail in the environment into which he or she has
been born. Unconsciously he or she tries to establish the validity of this identity and
these characteristics. Wafa Sultan
Re: Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine by Annunaki(m): 5:44pm On Mar 14, 2016
The Muslim male is conceited. His ogre has appointed him as his deputy and has
conferred absolute power upon him. This power knows no bounds and has no respect
for women’s intelligence or emotions. Even where something as private and
personal as having sex with one’s spouse is concerned, Islam gives women no choice
in the matter. Muhammad: says in another hadith “If a man summons his wife to his
bed and she refuses, the angels will curse her until the morning.” Who is this God
who asks his angels to devote their attention to cursing women who refuse to go to
bed with their husbands? Is he not an ogre? Wafa Sultan
Re: Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine by Annunaki(m): 7:03pm On Mar 14, 2016
In order to free Muslims from their fears it will take more than any country’s
army and naval fleets. It’s going to require the services of its medical and scientific
laboratories and of its experts on behavioral science, social psychology, and
sociology.
Everyone from popular psychologists like Dr. Wayne Dyer and Dr. Phil
McGraw to researchers doing work in colleges and universities will have to be
enlisted to work on ways of ridding the Muslim people of their ogres. These experts
on behavioral science and psychology will have, in their proposals, to strive for
scientific and ethical accuracy, throwing political correctness out the window. Wafa Sultan
Re: Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine by Annunaki(m): 5:07pm On Mar 15, 2016
Whatever has been said in the past and will be said in the future about the role of
television in shaping a person’s convictions, I do not believe that it has played or
ever will play as important a role as books do. And this is even truer when the book
in question is a religious one, and when it is the sole source of knowledge for people
who are bedazzled by reading it. There can be no doubt that violence among children
in America, or any other Western society, is an extremely dangerous phenomenon
and one worthy of study and the most serious consideration. But in no society in
which it occurs does it constitute a danger comparable to that presented by Islamic
terrorism. America and the whole civilized world will have to pay greater attention
to this phenomenon by studying the reasons behind it and ways to deal with it, so as
to protect the world, including Muslims themselves. Wafa Sultan
Re: Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine by Annunaki(m): 5:12pm On Mar 15, 2016
Muslim culture from its arab beginnings, has canonised violence at all levels. Wafa Sultan
Re: Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine by Annunaki(m): 5:17pm On Mar 15, 2016
The quoran, to put it mildly is sadly lacking in positive terms that fall gently upon the ear. Wafa Sultan
Re: Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine by Annunaki(m): 6:35pm On Mar 15, 2016
Many psychologists and behavioral science experts in the United States have studied
how children’s behavior is affected by the violence they see on television, and have
found a correlation between the two. However, from my close observation of what
many of them choose to study, I have found they don’t have the same desire to
investigate the nature of the relationship between violence and reading matter.
Whatever has been said in the past and will be said in the future about the role of
television in shaping a person’s convictions, I do not believe that it has played or
ever will play as important a role as books do. And this is even truer when the book
in question is a religious one, and when it is the sole source of knowledge for people
who are bedazzled by reading it. There can be no doubt that violence among children
in America, or any other Western society, is an extremely dangerous phenomenon
and one worthy of study and the most serious consideration. But in no society in
which it occurs does it constitute a danger comparable to that presented by Islamic
terrorism. America and the whole civilized world will have to pay greater attention
to this phenomenon by studying the reasons behind it and ways to deal with it, so as
to protect the world, including Muslims themselves.
The Arab heritage has to be acquired from Arab books. I say “Arab,” not
“Muslim,” so as to ensure that the student will read the primary sources of Islam.
For if a researcher deals with Islam as it is presented in Muslim works in languages
other than Arabic, he may not succeed in reaching the truth. I say this even though I
have never read such books myself, but my close acquaintance with many non-Arab
Muslims and my reading of English translations of the Koran have led me to form
this conviction. My life in the United States has brought me into professional and
social contact with many Muslims who are not Arabs, and these relationships have
enabled me to delve deeply into their understanding of Islam and the extent of their
knowledge of its teachings. I emerged convinced that there is a great deal of
difference between Arab and non-Arab Muslims.
The Koran is an Arabic book, and Islam forbade its translation into any other
language. This means that many non-Arabic-speaking Muslims read the Arabic text
without learning to understand the Arabic language. They pronounce the words of
the Koran without understanding their meaning; as far as they are concerned it is
gibberish. In other cases they read the Koran in Arabic transliterated into their own
alphabet, as when an American pronounces the word madrassa transliterated into
Latin letters without any idea of what the word means in Arabic. Although the Koran
has been rendered into other languages, these translations are not completely
faithful, and Islam, as I mentioned above, forbids translation of the Koran. Because
of this prohibition, translators refer to their work as “An English translation of the
meaning of the Koran.” Naturally, in their work they try to convey the meaning with
the greatest political correctness.
When you read the Koran in English or in any other language, you are reading not
a literal translation but, rather, the meaning that the translator wants to impart to the
text. Not all Arabic works which deal with Muhammad’s life, conduct, and thought
have been translated into the languages spoken by non-Arab Muslims, and what
translations do exist are not faithful to the original. The works have been abridged,
and the translations have been adapted to conform to what the translator considers
morally suitable and acceptable. My work once brought me into contact with three
non-Arab Muslim women doctors. Our jobs required us to spend long hours together,
and these were interspersed with numerous discussions of Islam and its teachings. I
was amazed at the facts I learned in the course of these conversations.
Their knowledge of Islamic teaching was not only limited; it was also very
different from my own. They had grown up in a religious environment more
fanatical and closed than mine. Non-Arab Muslims pray in Arabic without
understanding it. They repeat the words parrot fashion. This is also the case when
they read the Koran. I have not the slightest doubt that many Christians who live in
the Arab world know a great deal more about Islam than non-Arab Muslims do.
What is more, Christians who live in Arab countries are more influenced behaviorally
and intellectually by Muslim culture than non-Arab Muslims are. Wafa Sultan
Re: Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine by Annunaki(m): 6:38pm On Mar 15, 2016
When an Arabic-speaking Muslim prays, he
understands what the prayer means, while a non-Arab Muslim repeats the prayer
without understanding it.
A Muslim prays five times a day, and on each occasion he recites the Fatiha, the
first verse of the Koran, a number of times. This verse describes Christians as “those
who have gone astray” and Jews as “those who have incurred Your wrath.” We see
from this that Muslims execrate Christians and Jews a number of times in the course
of a single prayer, which they repeat five times a day. Non-Arab Muslims are
unaware that they are cursing the Christians and the Jews, because they pray in
Arabic without understanding what they are saying. This means that the quantity of
hatred they absorb from their prayers is less than that absorbed by Arab Muslims,
who are aware of what they are saying. Wafa Sultan
Re: Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine by Annunaki(m): 6:40pm On Mar 15, 2016
On the plane from Amman to New York I passed the time by leafing through a
book I had borrowed from the Arab lady sitting next to me. The book was entitled
Arab Lovers, and it recounted tales of love and passion among the Arabs in the first
centuries of the Muslim era. It was a medium-size book with big print and I
expected it to contain exquisite stories in beautiful language which I would enjoy
reading. But I found myself instead distracted by the frequency with which the
phrase “Then he drew his sword and cut off his rival’s head” occurred: I was
surprised to find it appeared twenty-five times in the first sixty pages. If this is true
of a book in which Muslims talk of love and passion, one can only imagine what
happens when they speak of jihad and of the need to defend God’s religion and
uphold his authority! Wafa Sultan
Re: Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine by Annunaki(m): 6:41pm On Mar 15, 2016
The language of violence and strife has extended into all areas
of life in the Arab Muslim world. An arithmetic textbook in Saddam Hussein’s Iraq
posed the following question to third-grade primary-school pupils: “Our brave
soldiers killed 1,500 members of the enemy Iranian forces, wounded 1,800 others,
and took 150 captive. What was the total extent of enemy losses, including dead,
wounded, and captured?” Can arithmetic be taught to third-grade students without
the inclusion of a body count? Wafa Sultan
Re: Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine by Annunaki(m): 6:42pm On Mar 15, 2016
A powerless person defends any bad idea that will allow him to exert force, and
will risk his life to defend it. You will never be able to persuade such a person of the
fragility of his idea unless you help him regain his power. A simple analysis of the
reality in which Muslims live suffices to reveal the sterility of Islamic teachings.
These teachings have failed to create steadfast, productive, and creative human
beings. In the Arab world the clock has stopped, and the calendar is still set at the
seventh century C.E. Muslims have lost everything, and have nothing left to identify
with except for the teachings to which they cling ever more strongly. The Muslim
and the teachings he believes in are chasing each other around a circular track. The
teachings pursue him, while he can find nothing to pursue except them. They will
lead him to disaster, but his failure will serve only to increase his dependence upon
them. Wafa Sultan
Re: Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine by Annunaki(m): 8:43am On Mar 16, 2016
I strongly recommend Wafa Sultan's book: 'A god who hates' to anybody that seeks to understand islamic thinking, it's vice like grip on it's adherents, their hatred for unbelievers(especially jews), the motivation behind islamic terrorism and sound recommendations on how this menace can be brought to an end.

In my opinion, this woman ought to be a consultant for American intelligence agencies in their fight against terrorism. She knows the solution and she deserves a Nobel peace prize for her effort.
Re: Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine by Annunaki(m): 8:09pm On Mar 16, 2016
When I remember my childhood and reflect at length on our teachers’ and
clergymen’s accusations against Jews in particular and Christians and other non-
Muslims in general, I say to myself: If learned Muslims could replace the enormous
quantities of hate contained in our schoolbooks, both religious and secular, with
studies that focus on loving other people regardless of their religion, racial origin, or
nationality, they would help to save the entire Muslim world from its backwardness,
hunger, poverty, and ignorance. That hatred could well destroy us before it destroys
our “enemies.” For hatred is like acid in that it burns the container that holds it more
than it damages the surface it is spilled upon. Wafa Sultan
Re: Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine by Annunaki(m): 8:10pm On Mar 16, 2016
When I delve into the Muslim books that were the main source from which we
quenched our thirst for cultural knowledge, I begin to doubt the efficacy of the
methods America and the rest of the world are using to combat terrorism. The
Americans went to Iraq to search for weapons of mass destruction, and announced
that they had found none. They found none not because they did not exist, but
because the searchers did not know where they were hidden. Had they opened any
Muslim book they would have found in it vast quantities of such weapons.
The danger lies not in the weapons themselves, but in the hand that grasps them.
American troops cannot remove this threat that faces all humankind unless the world
remains alert and is aware of where in the Islamic world the weapons of mass
destruction lie concealed. The schools responsible for creating the terrorist mentality
in the Muslim world are more dangerous than any weapons factory on earth. These
schools have destroyed people’s minds, and this destruction has a greater effect on
their own lives than its does on the lives of others. The terrorist mentality is a barren
one, which can produce nothing of any worth, and so it has a greater effect on the
lives of those who adopt it than it does on the lives of their enemies. Wafa Sultan
Re: Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine by Annunaki(m): 3:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
A Muslim friend told me the following joke, which exemplifies the Muslim
concept of winning and losing: “God was walking along when he came across an
American who was crying. When God asked him what was the matter, the American
told him, ‘My neighbor’s got a Hummer and I haven’t.’ When God asked him,
‘What do you want me to do about it?’ the American replied, ‘I want you to get me
one, too.’ God went on his way and ran into a weeping Frenchman. He asked him
what was wrong, and the Frenchman told him, ‘My neighbor’s got a house on the
Champs Elysées and I haven’t.’ When God asked him what he would like him to do,
the Frenchman replied, ‘I want you to get me one just like it.’ God continued on his
way until he saw an Arab in tears and asked him what was wrong. ‘My neighbor’s
got a camel and I haven’t,’ replied the Arab. When God asked him what he could do
to help, the Arab told him, ‘Kill my neighbor’s camel!’ “ Wafa Sultan
Re: Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine by Annunaki(m): 3:44pm On Mar 17, 2016
If America had used a small and insignificant proportion of what it has spent on
the war against terrorism to fund the translation of so far largely untranslated
Islamic dogma and history from Arabic sources, it would have saved itself billions
of dollars—let alone a great deal of wasted time and spilled blood. America will
never win the war until Americans read about Islam from Arab sources, word for
word, without distortion or falsification. Reading this material will enable them to
draw their own personal conclusions and help them to understand what kind of
enemy they are facing. If Colin Powell becomes one of the people who reads these
translated sources and sees the hate and violence they contain, he will bite his lips
and say to himself: “I was ignorant of the true nature of my enemy, and this was my
worst failing.” Wafa Sultan
Re: Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine by Annunaki(m): 3:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
After the events of September 11th, I watched a press conference with an
American general whose name I can no longer recall. In the course of the
conference, he declared that he had read the Koran twice, and one of the reporters
asked him, “What conclusion did you reach after you had read it?” He bowed his
head for a moment before replying, “We have to defend ourselves.” Wafa Sultan
Re: Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine by Annunaki(m): 3:48pm On Mar 17, 2016
No one can be a true Muslim and a true American simultaneously. Islam is both a
religion and a state, and to be a true Muslim you must believe in Islam as both
religion and state. A true Muslim does not acknowledge the U.S. Constitution, and
his willingness to live under that constitution is, as far as he is concerned, nothing
more than an unavoidable step on the way to that constitution’s replacement by
Islamic Sharia law.
Wafa Sultan
Re: Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine by Annunaki(m): 6:16pm On Mar 17, 2016
Annunaki:
I strongly recommend Wafa Sultan's book: 'A god who hates' to anybody that seeks to understand islamic thinking, it's vice like grip on it's adherents, their hatred for unbelievers(especially jews), the motivation behind islamic terrorism and sound recommendations on how this menace can be brought to an end.

In my opinion, this woman ought to be a consultant for American intelligence agencies in their fight against terrorism. She knows the solution and she deserves a Nobel peace prize for her effort.

I just finished reading Wafa Sultan's insightful book "Agod who hates" and I must comment that as interesting as it was to read it was also very depressing, it was elucidating yet thought provoking. Truth be told these muslims desperately need our help, they are victims of hundreds of years indoctrination of a system that exists only to justify itself and because it has been falsely given a divine colouration, it's an abomination punishable by death followed with eternal damnation to question these islamic heresies. The average muslim is held hostage by fear of his community and allaah and their minds are closed to truth. The solution to islamic extremism/terrorism is not a military one but an ideological one. To solve this problem, like Wafa Sultan suggested, the US intelligence services need to study islamic 'holy' books and arab history to understand the nature of the problem they are facing. It is only then they will begin to get an idea of how to defeat these agents of satan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Olufemi Akindayomi, Accuses Pastor Adeboye Of Changing Church Principles / Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? / Overcoming Sexual Related Sins As A Young Christian.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.