Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

My Hatred For My Father - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Hatred For My Father (7595 Views)

'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' / I'm Ready To Get Married But My Father Wants Me To Build First / I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Hatred For My Father by bukatyne(f): 10:56am On Mar 12, 2016
byvan03:
They keep doing the crap they do because they always get away with it when the forgiveness crew start chanting their hymns, to whom it may concern sha undecided. If he is still economically useful, try and weigh the usefulness and make him useful to you this time ;before he falls under hypnosis again like Tony Umez in Nollywood movies grin. If he needs babysitters or ATM machines let his harem do that . Pap is thicker than blood undecided.
Absolutely on point.
Re: My Hatred For My Father by bukatyne(f): 11:00am On Mar 12, 2016
byvan03:
There is nothing to forgive or not forgive here, tell him Ok and move on with your life. I hope he isn't sick or broke this one that he is seeking forgiveness . It's easier to forgive when he returns with genuine remorse not when he needs someone to prepare diabetic patient meals and foot hospital bills undecided.

As long as you won't be offering anything for this repentance, just tell him" I forgive you " and move on.

Lols!

She should forgive him to rid herself of bitterness and move on.
Re: My Hatred For My Father by bukatyne(f): 11:02am On Mar 12, 2016
cococandy:
[size=18pt]DO NOT FORGIVE HIM!![/size]

How are you, hubby & princess?
Re: My Hatred For My Father by sweetcocoa(f): 11:05am On Mar 12, 2016
Well sha, I know if I were you, that man would be out of my life for a very long time, if I can't say forever.

Father or not, after all, I didn't ask to be his daughter, so I don't see why I have to accept /love a heartless and irresponsible man cos his sperm is part of my DNA.

But I'm not you, so.........
Re: My Hatred For My Father by sweetcocoa(f): 11:06am On Mar 12, 2016
bukatyne:

Lols!

She can choose to not be bitter without forgiving him, it's all in her hands.grin
Re: My Hatred For My Father by byvan03: 11:07am On Mar 12, 2016
bukatyne:

Lols!

Double post.
Re: My Hatred For My Father by sweetcocoa(f): 11:10am On Mar 12, 2016
cococandy:
[size=18pt]DO NOT FORGIVE HIM!![/size]
Lol, and I thought we were being subtle.grin
Re: My Hatred For My Father by byvan03: 11:10am On Mar 12, 2016
bukatyne:

Lols!

Nah to forgive nah, as long he doesn't need anything from her and he isn't seeking a lovey dovey daughter/ dada relationship cheesy.
Re: My Hatred For My Father by sweetcocoa(f): 11:12am On Mar 12, 2016
pinceprinz:
Have you ever tried to imagine what kind of life it would've been if yo Dad hadn't kicked you out?

Do you even know if your Dad had remained adamant, not kicking you out the woman might have poisoned yyou guys or used you and abused yo right to care as a child so in so, you might not even get to smell high school less college?

What if your morally lax Dad, had abused one of thou lots sexually if he hadn't let you go?

I'm not saying you should forgive him because He deserves it, but at least, show some little appreciation to fate (if you believe in that) for the journey so farr. Many others are out there on the streets forcing ordinary smile cos they're utter misery just cos they haven't ever had the nurturing support of a parent. You had it ! Now, its an ongoing life, you don't know what life still have to offer and who the Angel to help in whatever's upcoming; Might be yo Dad! Message is ; More friend less foe! If u kwim.
I'm sorry but this is just some fine bullshyte.

No offence for real.
Re: My Hatred For My Father by sweetcocoa(f): 11:18am On Mar 12, 2016
rubsaphy:
I jus want him to stay away from us, am so sure he is being hypocritical my siblings are already feeling sorry for him. That man can lie for africa
I guess it's a good thing I'm not your sibling cos by the time I speak just small grammar on the matter to the rest, they'll understand that accepting that man ever is tantamount to a heinous crime.grin
Re: My Hatred For My Father by sweetcocoa(f): 11:26am On Mar 12, 2016
sarutobie:
. This here is the best post for me.."forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us"...some hurts can be extremely difficult and unfair to forgive..but we don't forgive because the world wants us to,we forgive for our own sake and inner peace..you are hurt and angry,and for good reasons,but for how long will you let another being hold sway over your peace? We have such a limited time on this earth, why spend it brooding over the hurt your loved ones caused you?
Yea right,forgive those who trespass against us indeed.

Why haven't god and Satan mended fences then?abegi.
Re: My Hatred For My Father by sarutobie(m): 12:00pm On Mar 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:

. My post was for the op and for Christians..you can mock it for all you want..I hope the op will act wisely than let the hate gnaw away at her soul..
Re: My Hatred For My Father by sweetcocoa(f): 12:04pm On Mar 12, 2016
J
sarutobie:
. My post was for the op and for Christians..you can mock it for all you want..I hope the op will act wisely than let the hate gnaw away at her soul..
Just as god hating Satan is gnawing away at his soul. I understand.tongue
Re: My Hatred For My Father by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:
I'm sorry but this is just some fine bullshyte.

No offence for real.
lol. Anyway, bullshyte is still useful in Agriculture cheesy. Fine bullshyte? Hmm... I'm grateful! kiss

1 Like

Re: My Hatred For My Father by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 12, 2016
daretodiffer:

*sighs*

You are not going to give up abi. embarassed

What about she forgives him at her own pace not at his or her siblings'

However if I were in her shoes, I won't let him get close to me. sad
The truest paradox you should realise is that If you can love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love .... and when you get to love this intensely, it doesn't measure, it just gives... Ponder!
Re: My Hatred For My Father by kaboninc(m): 2:16pm On Mar 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:

Hahahaha... Sweet cocoa
Re: My Hatred For My Father by sarutobie(m): 4:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:
JJust as god hating Satan is gnawing away at his soul. I understand.tongue
Whatever girl..
Re: My Hatred For My Father by greatgod2012(f): 4:41pm On Mar 12, 2016
sweetcocoa:

Dear, I'm sorry for asking, are you the same person using the moniker "Freecocoa"?
Re: My Hatred For My Father by sweetcocoa(f): 4:56pm On Mar 12, 2016
greatgod2012:

Dear, I'm sorry for asking, are you the same person using the moniker "Freecocoa"?
grin grin grin
Re: My Hatred For My Father by iPopAlomo(m): 6:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
daretodiffer:
She does not need his blessings, any father figure will do bikoundecided

That's why you're daft nah...
Re: My Hatred For My Father by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
iPopAlomo:

That's why you're daft nah...

Father figures have always represented such men and it has not caused any wahala, stop being stupid tongue and start using your brain
Re: My Hatred For My Father by cococandy(f): 12:31am On Mar 13, 2016
bukatyne:

How are you, hubby & princess?
we awesome cool

Thanks dear
Re: My Hatred For My Father by cococandy(f): 12:33am On Mar 13, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Lol, and I thought we were being subtle.grin
grin no time
Re: My Hatred For My Father by LegatusGlaber(m): 9:05am On Mar 13, 2016
jopretty:
My dear, speaking from experience, forgiveness doesn't come easily. It took me 3 solid years to forgive some set of persons who connived to hurt me, now, when I see them I smile. Pls take your time to heal first and in the end you'll find you've forgiven him without him asking for it.

You are a genius

1 Like

Re: My Hatred For My Father by Penielme: 10:00am On Mar 13, 2016
When you forgive, you release yourself from bitterness, hatred etc. Forgiveness doesn't mean trusting again nor acting like nothing happened, it means you have decided to free yourself from unnecessary hurt and you're wiser now not to allow a repeat.

Happy Sunday!

1 Like

Re: My Hatred For My Father by greatgod2012(f): 4:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
sweetcocoa:
grin grin grin

I take this as a "yes"
Re: My Hatred For My Father by bukatyne(f): 6:44pm On Mar 13, 2016
greatgod2012:

I take this as a "yes"

Where have you been all these years? cheesy

Welcome back. smiley
Re: My Hatred For My Father by bukatyne(f): 6:45pm On Mar 13, 2016
cococandy:
we awesome cool

Thanks dear

kiss
Re: My Hatred For My Father by bukatyne(f): 6:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
byvan03:

Nah to forgive nah, as long he doesn't need anything from her and he isn't seeking a lovey dovey daughter/ dada relationship cheesy.

Nor be Naija we dey?

If OP is not married, he will most likely walk her down the aisle.
Re: My Hatred For My Father by greatgod2012(f): 7:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
bukatyne:

Where have you been all these years? cheesy
Welcome back. smiley

Thank you ma. I was busier, so I have to give NL some break.
How're you and the oga at the top ma.
Re: My Hatred For My Father by byvan03: 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2016
bukatyne:

Nor be Naija we dey?

If OP is not married, he will most likely walk her down the aisle.

She better not allow that, I doubt if someone must walk one down the aisle. I don't have any memory of me and pops hand in hand, abi I don forget?
Re: My Hatred For My Father by Analysiscorner: 3:06pm On Mar 22, 2016
Actually, the issue of forgiveness is not for him 100 percent, but rather for your own sake. God wants constant purity of the heart, and there is no way for you to have it without forgiving.
Then, for his own benefit, when you forgive him, you are poised to show him real love, like you would have wanted him to show but he failed. Under the atmosphere of love, he might change for good and stop his beastly behaviour, to become a loving father. You have a right to punish him, but remember that your objectiveof punishing him is not to do away with him but to make him think like a human being,to the place that he acts responsibly.
And it is on this issue of acting responsibly that I would like you to do everything within your power to make him realise the damages he has caused, and start to live up to his duties.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would You Allow Your Wife To Still Remain Friends With Her Divorced Friend? / How To Handle A Child's Tantrum In Public? / 'Sweet Mother': Dedicating This Evergreen Song To All Nigerian Mums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.