Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,204 members, 7,780,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:07 PM

You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince (18444 Views)

Be Established In God's Righteousness - Joseph Prince / Holineness And Righteousness Revival Messages And Bible Verses / Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 7:22am On Feb 25, 2016
2 Corinthians 5:21
For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Some Christians believe that they have to work at becoming more righteous. And they kick themselves when they do wrong. They don’t realize that by doing these things, they are not seeking God’s righteousness, but are trying to establish their own righteousness by their law-keeping and right conduct.
Righteousness is not about right conduct. It is a gift from God to us through Jesus. And since it is a gift, we cannot earn it by our law-keeping and right conduct. We can only receive it!

How do we receive this gift? We receive it through the cross. God made Jesus “who knew no sin to be sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God in Him”. So today, we are the righteousness of God in Christ. We are as righteous as Jesus is!

But some of us think that in the body of Christ, there are different classes of righteousness, like the seating classes in an airplane. They think that some of us have economy-class righteousness, others have business-class righteousness and a select few have first-class righteousness.

That is nonsense! When God gave us Jesus, He became our righteousness. So we have His righteousness. This means that we are 100 per cent righteous in God’s eyes! We cannot but have first-class righteousness!

You might say, “Pastor Prince, I don’t understand. How can I be righteous when I have done wrong?” Think about this: Jesus, who knew no sin, became sin for us. Jesus knew no sin, did no sin and in Him was no sin. But at the cross, He received our sin and became sin for us.

Likewise, we, who were sinners, knew no righteousness, did no righteousness and in us was no righteousness. But at the cross, we received His righteousness and became the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.

At the cross, the divine exchange took place. Jesus took our place so that we might take His place. He did not deserve to be made sin, but He was made sin in our place. We did not deserve to be made righteous, but we were made righteous because we received His righteousness. What good news! What amazing grace!

Thought For The Day

We have first-class righteousness which we received as a gift through Jesus.

www.josephprince.org/daily-grace/grace-inspirations/single/you-have-first-class-righteousness/

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:37pm On Feb 25, 2016
jiggaz:
For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Some Christians believe that they have to work at becoming more righteous. And they kick themselves when they do wrong. They don’t realize that by doing these things, they are not seeking God’s righteousness, but are trying to establish their own righteousness by their law-keeping and right conduct.
Righteousness is not about right conduct. It is a gift from God to us through Jesus. And since it is a gift, we cannot earn it by our law-keeping and right conduct. We can only receive it!
How do we receive this gift? We receive it through the cross. God made Jesus “who knew no sin to be sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God in Him”. So today, we are the righteousness of God in Christ. We are as righteous as Jesus is!
But some of us think that in the body of Christ, there are different classes of righteousness, like the seating classes in an airplane. They think that some of us have economy-class righteousness, others have business-class righteousness and a select few have first-class righteousness.
That is nonsense! When God gave us Jesus, He became our righteousness. So we have His righteousness. This means that we are 100 per cent righteous in God’s eyes! We cannot but have first-class righteousness!
You might say, “Pastor Prince, I don’t understand. How can I be righteous when I have done wrong?” Think about this: Jesus, who knew no sin, became sin for us. Jesus knew no sin, did no sin and in Him was no sin. But at the cross, He received our sin and became sin for us.
Likewise, we, who were sinners, knew no righteousness, did no righteousness and in us was no righteousness. But at the cross, we received His righteousness and became the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
At the cross, the divine exchange took place. Jesus took our place so that we might take His place. He did not deserve to be made sin, but He was made sin in our place. We did not deserve to be made righteous, but we were made righteous because we received His righteousness. What good news! What amazing grace!
Thought For The Day

www.josephprince.org/daily-grace/grace-inspirations/single/you-have-first-class-righteousness/
Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 1:23pm On Apr 26, 2016
afternoon
Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 8:59pm On May 04, 2016
good evening
Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 10:56am On May 06, 2016
morning
Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 6:50am On May 15, 2016
jiggaz:
morning
Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by Kay17: 8:54am On May 15, 2016
Is it possible for there to be a righteous slave trader or a righteous prostitute or a righteous albeit corrupt public servant?

4 Likes

Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 9:32am On May 15, 2016
Kay17:
Is it possible for there to be a righteous slave trader or a righteous prostitute or a righteous albeit corrupt public servant?
The question here is are these people Believers in Christ?

5 Likes

Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by Kay17: 10:51am On May 15, 2016
jiggaz:
The question here is are these people Believers in Christ?

So you think a slave trader can be a believer and remain a believer?

3 Likes

Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 12:33pm On May 15, 2016
Kay17:

So you think a slave trader can be a believer and remain a believer?
Alright, concerning your question of a slave trader being a Believer and still remain a believer? That's where you misunderstood me, my post up there is written to believers in Christ, and who is a believer in Christ?
A Believer in Christ is someone who has put his whole trust on the finished work of Christ. Someone that believes that Jesus Christ is the son of God, who came to the world and died for his sins and God raised Him up on the 3rd day for his Justification. That is a Believer in Christ and this person is now indwelt by the Holy Spirit as a guarantee pending his day of redemption ( bodily redemption i. e Rapture ). He might fall and stumble sometimes but he has the Holy Spirit to guide and direct his pact.

Mind you, a Believer in Christ is different from a church goer oo, spot the difference. A church goer is someone who knows that Christ exists, goes to church because he was born into Christianity but don't acknowledge Jesus Christ as his Lord and personal saviour. He just practices Religion but doesn't have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Spot the difference. Most of my posts are addressed to Believers in Christ not Church Goers.

14 Likes

Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by sample042(m): 1:37pm On May 15, 2016
Abeg mk una hurry leave this earth, mk doz of us the unbelievers remain.

But trust me, they won't!

THEY DETEST DEATH, YET THEY WANT HEAVEN.

HYPOCRISY!!!
Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by Yinkatolu: 1:39pm On May 15, 2016
JP
Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by Johnsinia(m): 1:45pm On May 15, 2016
Joseph Prince is a great teacher

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by Shawl001(m): 1:46pm On May 15, 2016
[quote author=jiggaz post=43253249][/quote.

absolutely true. this is a meat for the matured ones in Christ....not babes. these are kingdom facts. ride on bro. i concur#

3 Likes

Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by tartar9(m): 1:47pm On May 15, 2016
So you mean for example,the prostîtute @parisbookaddict is as righteous as Jesus(AS) the Slave of Allah,not the arm robber one.
This explains the gross immorality that can be found in your average xtian,after all,someone else has carried your sins.continue deceiving yourselves.

1 Like

Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 1:52pm On May 15, 2016
Johnsinia:
Joseph Prince is a great teacher
Yes he is.... All glory to Our Lord Jesus Christ.

4 Likes

Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 1:53pm On May 15, 2016
@ Shawl001 Thanks bro... you welcome.
Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by breakingbad(m): 2:01pm On May 15, 2016
Why are Christians of nowadays so preoccupied with watering down the issue of sin? Pls stopeeeet. Preaching the Gospel we haven't done effectively yet we are busy bringing diversions and giving ppl licences to kwontinu sinning. Someone reads this and says to himself "I can remain a Vaseline crew member and still retain my first class ticket to heaven" IMO heaven has classes oo. U can't expect a new convert to have same ticket with a veteran soul winner. Classes go dey: 1st class, 2.1, 2.2 and let my people go

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by santanamimi(f): 2:02pm On May 15, 2016
Okay
Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by gradeA(m): 2:03pm On May 15, 2016
jiggaz:

Thought For The Day

I love pst J. P.

"God is not interested in behaviour modifications but life transformation." Joseph Prince.
Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by shadrach77: 2:06pm On May 15, 2016
I like this! This gives every Christian hope. It's funny the thread is still on the first page. How will it add more pages when it's not about Tonto Dike's breast ? cry undecided
Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by Femiwilli: 2:08pm On May 15, 2016
Nigerians avoid this Joseph Prince, he is illuminati

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVuO7czOVT0

1 Like

Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by VocalWalls: 2:08pm On May 15, 2016
How come this thread is still on its first page?

Great read!
Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by Brigance(m): 2:09pm On May 15, 2016
is righteousness by:
1. Faith? 2. Work? 3. large faith, small work? 4. small faith, large work?
Re: You Have First Class Righteousness - Joseph Prince by jiggaz(m): 2:11pm On May 15, 2016
VocalWalls:
How come this thread is still on its first page?
Great read!
You welcome dear..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

William Kumuyi Celebrates 81st Birthday Today / If You Miss HEAVEN, Who Will You Blame? / Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.